I wish all playstyles had tons of new daily repeatable conq. objectives!

Stradlin

Yeah no clue how hard or easy it'd b e to do. One thing I do know about devving is that sometimes, something that seems super simple from players' pov might be extremely complex or even impoosible to actually create due to restrictions in game engien and so on. Sometimes, something approaching opposite is true. Very similar mechanic was already up and running though, only it was for guilds to pick the bonus, not individual players. So I guess some of the bells and whistles are there already.

I like your idea well, wondering where and how you'd earn these tokens opens some interesting doors as well. Selection of such tokens would make a pretty natural additional reward for reaching personal/guild conquest.It, too, would be a "gamey" solution to the current issue. Which imo are preferable..or at least more fun than a straightforward solutions. I'd take latter on any given sunday just as well too though.

Your phrasing here is....off.

Yes, in original conquest there were some different objectives depending on which planet a guild invaded, but it wasn't "choosing" like choosing which food to eat at a buffet. During the week you could invade Nar Shaddaa, if your guild actually chose Nar Shaddaa as the planet it invaded, you could get a bonus for doing each of the Nar Shaddaa heroics. That particular week was the only time that bonus was available. You still got conquest points for Nar Shaddaa heroics if your guild chose Taris (as an example) that week, you just didn't get the extra bonus.

Once again, at least in my mind, you're going about your whole concept wrong.

If I remember correctly the biggest complaint you have is it takes you MUCH longer to get to 50k conquest doing GSF because THAT's what you like to play.

Post about that. Leave it at that. There's no need to even mention anything else.

Here...

Before conquest was changed recently I could max my toon out with conquest from GSF at about the same rate of time investment as any other method of obtaining conquest.

Now, Planetary Daily heroics offer a MUCH faster rate of return, for MULTIPLE toons per day, even with the new 50k conquest point increase, and I can't keep up on GSF anymore. Please add more points to GSF / Warzones and any other systems that didn't see the point increase that Daily Heroics got.

I hope that helps.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in original conquest there were some different objectives depending on which planet a guild invaded, but it wasn't "choosing" like choosing which food to eat at a buffet. During the week you could invade Nar Shaddaa, if your guild actually chose Nar Shaddaa as the planet it invaded, you could get a bonus for doing each of the Nar Shaddaa heroics. That particular week was the only time that bonus was available. You still got conquest points for Nar Shaddaa heroics if your guild chose Taris (as an example) that week, you just didn't get the extra bonus.

Could well be you are right. Been a long time!

When it comes to conq system recognizing individual player choises, Saboteur- chain is actually a more current example of functionality outlined in OP already being a thing: Which conquest objective you get depends on whether you have chosen loyalist (=conq objective for destroying spy drones) or a saboteur(conq objecttive for planting spy drones) Here we have an example of conq system responding to decisions made by a player character and tailoring objectives accordingly. - Ofc, as it stands, these examples are rare and kinda irrelevant. Still, it shows how similar functionality is already fully operational and in-game.

Conq. objectives active for lowbie chars and disabled from max lvl chars(or vice versa) is another example of conq system being able to sort out player characters in different pools and give objectives accordingly.

When it comes to part of your post where you explain what another person should or should not discuss: Out of all different venues for earning conq, GSF(and uprisings, actually) are prolly most broken atm. However, sum of all parts is pretty borked in a wider sense just as well. So there is no reason to settle with covering GSF exclusively. Things remain quite ridiculous as long as one playstyle has around 100 dailies available every single week,while all the other playstyles combined have something like 10% of that available each week.

Edited by Stradlin

If I remember correctly the biggest complaint you have is it takes you MUCH longer to get to 50k conquest doing GSF because THAT's what you like to play.

Post about that. Leave it at that. There's no need to even mention anything else.

Agreed. If the OP wants more GSF objectives or Conquest points for them, then that is what they should stick to. The OP shouldn't dictate what has to happen to other objectives and playstyles if he doesn't engage with that.

Because more objectives and Conquests points for GSF is totally fine with me and I'll gladly throw in my support behind that. I may not play GSF at all but hey, everyone has their own playstyle, right? Why should I try to limit someone in their playstyle?

However, the increase in GSF objectives and points should not come at the expense of any other playstyle. None of the other objectives should be removed nor should their Conquest points rewards be lowered. Sure, the amount of objectives can and should be increased for other playstyles, why not. But this should not come at the expense of any other playstyle.

Edited by Ylliarus

Agreed. If the OP wants more GSF objectives or Conquest points for them, then that is what they should stick to. The OP shouldn't dictate what has to happen to other objectives and playstyles if he doesn't engage with that.

Because more objectives and Conquests points for GSF is totally fine with me and I'll gladly throw in my support behind that. I may not play GSF at all but hey, everyone has their own playstyle, right? Why should I try to limit someone in their playstyle?

However, the increase in GSF objectives and points should not come at the expense of any other playstyle. None of the other objectives should be removed nor should their Conquest points rewards be lowered. Sure, the amount of objectives can and should be increased for other playstyles, why not. But this should not come at the expense of any other playstyle.

I've been following (and participating in) both sides of this discussion … form time to time. Several of us have either alluded to or said something similar to this... This sums it up quite well.

** the glass is still half full.

** yes … there's room for more

** NO don't throw out the good contents (now that we have it)

** YES add more of the right stuff in the glass to help out others.

I have said it before … I'll say it again. We need many aspects of the game to support different areas .. Not just PvP not just PvE. And yes that means more for GSF as well.

I've been following (and participating in) both sides of this discussion … form time to time. Several of us have either alluded to or said something similar to this... This sums it up quite well.

** the glass is still half full.

** yes … there's room for more

** NO don't throw out the good contents (now that we have it)

** YES add more of the right stuff in the glass to help out others.

I have said it before … I'll say it again. We need many aspects of the game to support different areas .. Not just PvP not just PvE. And yes that means more for GSF as well.

excatly, and this has been put to the OP manys times, but he insists on his one man campaign to gut CQ. Which is why a lot of us, mentioned that he's probably a mat seller who's profits have fallen off.

excatly, and this has been put to the OP manys times, but he insists on his one man campaign to gut CQ. Which is why a lot of us, mentioned that he's probably a mat seller who's profits have fallen off.

My mat sales tanked pretty hard... Down to almost zero actually. And I've spent 1/2 bil to flesh out and assist in building my characters / companions the last few weeks. BUT .. I have an ace in the hole. These things take time. Just have to play things a bit smarter. I an gain the 1/2 bil back in a couple months (slower process now … but I'll still get there).

Besides that … IMO... there's a lot more to the game. Now that the CQ thing actually works well enough to utilize I'm quite certain that we can see some more growth in the game...

hmmmm

Now about those two "other items" I've been discussing !!!

:D

^ - Folks who didn't want to do multiplayer content for conquest feeling they been excluded from crafting was one of the most common points made when demanding conq should be overhauled. Now, getting ton of Matrixes is quite trivial for everyone. Yet, Augment prices have barely dropped at all. On Star Forge, you typically see them for 5 mils+ which was the case even before the new conquest.

Folks who been thinking it is the Matrixes that make the costliest and toughest bottle neck here have been in for some crude awakenings. Investments and effort needed to reach level where it makes sense to craft an augment instead of just buying one didn't exactly change all that much. People who went all the way in past ( Multiple lvl 50 companions, multiple maxed professions on multiple different characters, several crit booster sets, perhaps a guild with crafting bonus, good sources for Embers..) prolly werent very restricted in terms of Matrixes. Profitable end game crafting didn't really become much more common or attainable than it was before.

In other news, I think they've actually -removed- some GSF daily objectives. Aboout half of conq weeks used to have little something exrtra going for GSF, too. Mostly one for capturing satelites. Been..what, 6 weeks of this new system now. Only ever seen the two same daily objectives for GSF. Nice.

Edited by Stradlin

Folks who been thinking it is the Matrixes that make the costliest and toughest bottle neck here have been in for some crude awakenings. Investments and effort needed to reach level where it makes sense to craft an augment instead of just buying one didn't exactly change all that much. People who went all the way in past ( Multiple lvl 50 companions with multiple maxed professions on multiple different characters, several crit booster sets, perhaps a guild with crafting bonus, good sources for Embers..) prolly werent very restricted in terms of Matrixes. Profitable end game crafting didn't really become much more common or attainable than it was before.

This alone shows that it's all about crafting, and the mats, that is what he cares about. GSF, and pvp is a red herring.

He's lost his profits....

Random thoughts after several months of new system...

Group activities feel underwhelming - mostly in comparison to all the buffs made elsewhere, could use some improved objectives / increased points. Will be more noticeable when double renown expires and the extra conquest points from gaining renown falls as renown takes twice as many points to gain.

Large point meta objectives are annoying (e.g. gain 5 renown levels) - one of the few hold overs to the old micro manage aspect of conquest. I don't really enjoy trying to track these and get the points on the 'right' character, nor seeing it pop on the 'wrong' character.

Same with big weekly point objectives such as world bosses or event related items - getting a whole slew of points for killing Eyeless or completing the event weekly, then next to nothing ongoing, is just annoying.

I'd prefer to see these objectives made repeatable as often as lock outs and missions allow, with reduced points, rather than have one big set of points rewarded as a once and done for the account.

At 75, named flash points should work like all other levels - any difficulty should complete the objective. Add more points to the repeatable master mode objective if needed.

Crafting this week (Trade War) used to include repeatable objectives for crafting the different decoration items (prefabs). These should be returned.

And while I know they stated they have technical challenges with setting up per character objectives, many objectives should be per character, not per legacy - whether daily or weekly (especially objectives for things like completing the PVP weekly or flashpoint weekly).

Edited by DawnAskham

Random thoughts after several months of new system...

Group activities feel underwhelming - mostly in comparison to all the buffs made elsewhere

There is some sad irony in how all grp content is actually in ok balance with each other: Spend 90 mins doing Pvp, GSF, Ops or FPs..You'll prolly end up with something like 60k conq. Give or take. All of thes activities are in same ballpark with one another. And all of them appear pathetic conq. when compared to how much/fast you get just by soloing some planetaries. How can they completely overlook group content in an MMO is so strange to me. How do you go about adding 100 daily missions to one playstyle while either ignoring or even nerfing all the rest??

Edited by Stradlin

There is some sad irony in how all grp content is actually in ok balance with each other: Spend 90 mins doing Pvp, GSF, Ops or FPs..You'll prolly end up with something like 60k conq. Give or take. All of thes activities are in same ballpark with one another. And all of them appear pathetic conq. when compared to how much/fast you get just by soloing some planetaries. How can they completely overlook group content in an MMO is so strange to me. How do you go about adding 100 daily missions to one playstyle while either ignoring or even nerfing all the rest??

It's pretty simple. When your're by yourself you can move at your own pace and do whatever you want. When your in a group you are tied to the people you're in the group with. Also if they reduced the number of daily or heroic missions on a planet then there would be no reason to play the game as much because people would finish all there is to do and log out

It's pretty simple. When your're by yourself you can move at your own pace and do whatever you want. When your in a group you are tied to the people you're in the group with. Also if they reduced the number of daily or heroic missions on a planet then there would be no reason to play the game as much because people would finish all there is to do and log out

Wanna solo some planetaries and pursue daily conq objectives while at it? Almost regardless of your pace, you won't run out of daily objectives before running out of time to play. This is the case every single week. Every single day. Those 100 dauly repeatables are always there. With PvP, GSF (and on many weeks, Fps too) you have two or three daily repeatables. If we exclude socialite, you're all out in 60 mins or so.

Nobody here is talking about removal of those 100 dailies. Just making things BIT more fair.

Edited by Stradlin

Wanna solo some planetaries and pursue daily conq objectives while at it? Almost regardless of your pace, you won't run out of daily objectives before running out of time to play. This is the case every single week. Every single day. Those 100 dauly repeatables are always there. With PvP, GSF (and on many weeks, Fps too) you have two or three daily repeatables. If we exclude socialite, you're all out in 60 mins or so.

Nobody here is talking about removal of those 100 dailies. Just making things BIT more fair.

I have no problem with adding more stuff to PVP and GSF but there's no way it's going to be equal because of the time it takes to form a group for anything compared to any person doing something on their own

I have no problem with adding more stuff to PVP and GSF but there's no way it's going to be equal because of the time it takes to form a group for anything compared to any person doing something on their own

Yeah equal schmequal. Having all activities belong in same ballpark once again would be enough. Current conq lures people away from multiplayer stuff and isolates them itnto soloable mission grind. Ain't right! BW should just throw a dozen conq dailies to each other major activity, too. Stuff that is there each week. That'd go a long way fixing the current situation.

Yeah equal schmequal. Having all activities belong in same ballpark once again would be enough. Current conq lures people away from multiplayer stuff and isolates them itnto soloable mission grind. Ain't right! BW should just throw a dozen conq dailies to each other major activity, too. Stuff that is there each week. That'd go a long way fixing the current situation.

No it doesn't

I do a shot of Alderaanian Nectar from a Gamorrean's belly button on my faaabbbbuuuulllloooouuuussss pleasure barge every time I get a set piece of Amplified Champion's or Victor's. That ssssqqquuueeeaaallll is amazing.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I do a shot of Alderaanian Nectar from a Gamorrean's belly button on my faaabbbbuuuulllloooouuuussss pleasure barge every time I get a set piece of Amplified Champion's or Victor's. That ssssqqquuueeeaaallll is amazing.

Dasty

When does your next one leave and can I go on one with you and have a few drinks?

Dasty

Think of how amazing it is for the huge amount of guilds who have been, or became, high yield now. As it stands, low yield is mostly for 1-3 person guilds and for guilds who want to show up on top 10 board. I'd say vast majority of people in active guilds are now doing high or at least medium. Those doing high yield get that sweet large gear crate for every single character past 71. Even in old conq, I never really felt like I'd need other methods for acquiring gear. Now, it takes you like 10-20 mins or so to get access to that crate for one of your characters. (or an hour and a half if you make the mistake of trying to earn conquest by doing multiplayer content in this mmo)

Do you get more garbage from just running MM HS or something? Sure, I guess. Just that intensity is quite different. Conq crates give out so many set pieces, tacticals and so on. And fragments ofc. Soloing some planetaries is an excellent way to get gear now. At least if you in high yield guild. Is it THE BEST way? Maybe not. It certainly is more convinient, straightforward and low effort than spamming MMs though.

Edited by Stradlin

Conquest is very easy now. The week isn't over and I have done CQ on 26 characters! I have been levelling a new Trooper and he has 200,000 CQ points. Because I am trying to get so many characters to CQ it is making me do a great variety of things I haven't done for ages. A heroic and rampage for each planet each day. CZ, Ziost and Yavin IV daily areas. I am finally decorating one of my long abandoned stongholds and have bought a new one and add one expansion each day. I finally learnt how to attune my amplifiers because of CQ. I am even doing a Space on Rails mission each day and actually enjoying it. I am also doing PvP, flashpoints and Operations.

Playing more, doing a wider variety of tasks. Seems like a win.

Conquest is very easy now. The week isn't over and I have done CQ on 26 characters! I have been levelling a new Trooper and he has 200,000 CQ points. Because I am trying to get so many characters to CQ it is making me do a great variety of things I haven't done for ages. A heroic and rampage for each planet each day. CZ, Ziost and Yavin IV daily areas. I am finally decorating one of my long abandoned stongholds and have bought a new one and add one expansion each day. I finally learnt how to attune my amplifiers because of CQ. I am even doing a Space on Rails mission each day and actually enjoying it. I am also doing PvP, flashpoints and Operations.

Playing more, doing a wider variety of tasks. Seems like a win.

Yeah sounds pretty familiar. If you were to estimate where most of that conq comes from, what would you say? Those 60 or so heroic and rampage missions for each planet each day every week prolly brings you tiny bit more conq than pvp and clicking amps, right?

Wouldn't it be nice if people could choose which playstyle brings the major part of one's conq haul? So that people wanting to bring 30 chars to conq could do so with their fav activity, as opposed to all of them being forced to do 60 planetaries or rampage missions&day or something,.

You wanna bring something like 30 characters to conq target/week`? Great, then every week and every day is planetary mission grind theme day for you. You supplement it with getting 5k from deco here and 10k from gifting companion there but meat and fat is all about doing lots of planetaries. No options or alternatives.

Edited by Stradlin

Yeah sounds pretty familiar. If you were to estimate where most of that conq comes from, what would you say? Those 60 or so heroic and rampage missions for each planet each day every week prolly brings you tiny bit more conq than pvp and clicking amps, right?

Wouldn't it be nice if people could choose which playstyle brings the major part of one's conq haul? So that people wanting to bring 30 chars to conq could do so with their fav activity, as opposed to all of them being forced to do 60 planetaries or rampage missions&day or something,.

You wanna bring something like 30 characters to conq target/week`? Great, then every week and every day is planetary mission grind theme day for you. You supplement it with getting 5k from deco here and 10k from gifting companion there but meat and fat is all about doing lots of planetaries. No options or alternatives.

Why are you so obsessed with how other people earn their cq points? Focus on yourself and you can do the same too

Why are you so obsessed with how other people earn their cq points? Focus on yourself and you can do the same too

I'm talking about game mechanics. Wanna join me in that? We don't have to talk about other people an d what they are obsessed with at all.

I'm talking about game mechanics. Wanna join me in that? We don't have to talk about other people an d what they are obsessed with at all.

Every time someone tries to talk to you you go back to the same thing over and over again about how a person gains their cq points

I am sorry to hear that. It is of course natural that not everyone will approve of the changes. However, as I said before, a vast majority is in favour of the new system and supports the changes and from what I read in your reply, your guild is fairly niche. But no one is forcing you to stay of course, perhaps you will find better luck in another game that has a system that is more to your liking. Perhaps in the future, you will reconsider and give the new changes another shot :)

There's no reason not to have repeatable GSF objectives that reward players like before. The queue for GSF was good consistently on Star Forge until the conquest changes were made. It's much worse now. Same goes for all multiplayer activity, for the most part.

It's so easy to finish conquest now doing a few quick things solo, people don't bother playing the actual game with other players. It's really frustrating sometimes when you have to wait way longer in a queue than before, and sometimes things that used to pop don't at all now.

I have no problem with the conquest changes, for people that want to finish characters quickly. But put in objectives that incentive the group activities in PVE, PVP, and GSF such that people queue for them. For example, if a GSF match, a MM FP, or an Op takes a while to complete, make the points for them way higher than you can get by giving a gift to a companion, killing 25 and then 50 enemies on a low-level planet, selling junk items, etc. PVP regs should have as high a return in conquest points for time invested as they used to as well.

As it stands, because there's so many ways to make quick points, players just aren't queuing/participating in group "MMO-bits" like they used to prior to the changes.

Edited by arunav

There's no reason not to have repeatable GSF objectives that reward players like before. The queue for GSF was good consistently on Star Forge until the conquest changes were made. It's much worse now. Same goes for all multiplayer activity, for the most part.

It's so easy to finish conquest now doing a few quick things solo, people don't bother playing the actual game with other players. It's really frustrating sometimes when you have to wait way longer in a queue than before, and sometimes things that used to pop don't at all now.

I have no problem with the conquest changes, for people that want to finish characters quickly. But put in objectives that incentive the group activities in PVE, PVP, and GSF such that people queue for them. For example, if a GSF match, a MM FP, or an Op takes a while to complete, make the points for them way higher than you can get by giving a gift to a companion, killing 25 and then 50 enemies on a low-level planet, selling junk items, etc. PVP regs should have as high a return in conquest points for time invested as they used to as well.

As it stands, because there's so many ways to make quick points, players just aren't queuing/participating in group "MMO-bits" like they used to prior to the changes.

In other words, you want to channel Conquest points into the activities you prefer. You are falling into the same trap as Stradlin (which is surprising) -- most notably b/c you are conflating the problems with GSF / PvP to PvE. They are two completely different creatures.

There is near unanimity that GSF and PvP need to award higher Conquest points based on the feedback I've read.

Your argument about gifting companions, stronghold decos, selling a junk item is a complete red herring. Those Conquest acquisition points impact or discriminate against ABSOLUTELY no play style. If you're in the queue and you can't kill 5 mobs on Korriban / Tython to get a junk item to sell that's entirely on you.

One of the best posts in these myriad of threads was from Darev who very simply stated the obvious...

If your main argument is that GSF and PvP should reward some more Conquest points, you will have many allies. I recommended that Stradlin do that so he could -- and I quote -- 'stick the landing' -- one of my naturally brilliant posts (aren't they all) from a couple weeks ago.

The problem with conflating GSF and PvP with PvE is that PvE group activities already award much, much better gear and more Tech Fragments.

To the extent that has impacted spamming of HS, EV, and KG b/c some have found a viable alternative is hardly shocking nor an unwelcome development. So, I reiterate...

Boo Hoo,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast