Conquest lost its shape and purpose

Stradlin

I have not purchased any perks since coming back a few weeks ago. That is not it. Look at the actual points that are being awarded for doing a planetary mission. During Pirate Incursion, IIRC, they were giving 10k points with 150% guild bonus. This is also the week that the OP made their video showing they could get 50k+ Conquest points in a little over 10 mins. This week they are giving 5k. During Pirate Incursion there was a large lump sum (30k+) of Conquest points available for doing 10 heroics. That wasn't there last week. This week it's for gaining renown ranks. The point is that there are different priorities each week.

For me the planetary mission was always base of 5k for one mission per planet (with 150% bonus). With the 2 rampages being 5k, and 7,500. The difference may have been in one of the other weekly objectives that do very each week. One week had a weekly objective of doing 10 Heroics for 33k or so. (which could technically be repeated for a very small amount of 2,250 or something like that.)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the planetary mission was always base of 5k for one mission per planet (with 150% bonus). With the 2 rampages being 5k, and 7,500. The difference may have been in one of the other weekly objectives that do very each week. One week had a weekly objective of doing 10 Heroics for 33k or so. (which could technically be repeated for a very small amount of 2,250 or something like that.)

Yeah, I think that's the point, the objectives change, some rotate in, some rotate out, and they happen like that every week. Some are always there, but vary in reward according to what else is on offer for that particular week as well.

I think it is time we report this thread to the moderation team. The OP has repeatedly completely changed the original post, he continuously repeats his own arguments while completely ignoring what other people say and continuously argues for arguments sake while providing false information and biased proof. It's high time for this thread to be moderated and locked.

It has been reported, he has been reported. By a number of people, but it seems the mods don't care, and allow it to continue. I did message eric musco, and had a nice chat with him, but basically it came down to just put him on ignore, and continue. I've said it before, it's us as a communtiy who have the power to stop this, we all can ignore him, and focus on the important aspects of this new system, and how it benefits us all. Yes, it need tweaking, but as 99% of the people have agreed, we'd rather keep it as it is, then have them try to nerf stuff, and mess it up even worse.

I need to add this to my sig, but there isn't enough room

Just don't look, just don't look

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-7-the-simpsons-7x6-l2Je2el4q8BEyYdq0 <-------- Remember the simpsons...

Edited by DarkTergon

It has been reported, he has been reported. By a number of people, but it seems the mods don't care, and allow it to continue. I did message eric musco, and had a nice chat with him, but basically it came down to just put him on ignore, and continue. I've said it before, it's us as a communtiy who have the power to stop this, we all can ignore him, and focus on the important aspects of this new system, and how it benefits us all. Yes, it need tweaking, but as 99% of the people have agreed, we'd rather keep it as it is, then have them try to nerf stuff, and mess it up even worse.

I need to add this to my sig, but there isn't enough room

Just don't look, just don't look

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-7-the-...e2el4q8BEyYdq0 <-------- Remember the simpsons...

Well then, it's a pity the moderation team can't do more to stop this thread and close it down. I guess it is up to us then and thus with that, time to ignore this thread and Stradlin for good!

Edited by Ylliarus

Well then, it's a pity the moderation team can't do more to stop this thread and close it down. I guess it is up to us then and thus with that, time to ignore this thread and Stradlin for good!

it is a shame, but if you ignore him, and read the thread without him, it makes more sense...lol. Most of us are posting on the positive thread, it's a happier place ;)

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-7-the-simpsons-7x6-l2Je2el4q8BEyYdq0

it is a shame, but if you ignore him, and read the thread without him, it makes more sense...lol. Most of us are posting on the positive thread, it's a happier place ;)

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-7-the-simpsons-7x6-l2Je2el4q8BEyYdq0

Let it go, let it go.

Just put them on ignore.

Let it go, let it go.

Once they're gone it 's all okay.

Here I sit with a nice clean thread.

Now that they're on ignore, the trolls can't bother me anymore.

Let it go, let it go.

Just put them on ignore.

Let it go, let it go.

Once they're gone it 's all okay.

Here I sit with a nice clean thread.

Now that they're on ignore, the trolls can't bother me anymore.

+10.000 likes.

Yeah, I think that's the point, the objectives change, some rotate in, some rotate out, and they happen like that every week. Some are always there, but vary in reward according to what else is on offer for that particular week as well.

Its just that this has lost most of its relevancy. Planetary missions and slayer -objectives are there every day and every week. That is by far the best and most significant form of earning conquest from now on, no matter what "theme week" it is. Stuff rotating in or out is largely irrelevant by comparsion.

I have watched your video and I agree with all the others that it's flawed, heavily biased and entirely subjective. It's your truth, not the truth. And it will never be the truth.

That's the last thing I have to say to you. You have proved nothing. You will prove nothing. You are completely and utterly wrong.

It shows how easily an average player can make 57k conq in 11 mins. You speak of subjective and objective as if this were poetry or some work of art or a fine wine to evaluate. Nope. Video shows how simple and attainable such huge haul is for most anyone who wants to do planetaries. Evaluating attainability is a big deal when balancing stuff out. You can't ""scary-quote"" that away. There is no bias here. Video shows exactly what it promises. And it seems all you can do to put it down is encourage people to ignore me. I guess it is frustrating to scream " false!" to the face of truth and reality. Why notion of planetaries being far superior to all else is so tough to accept, I'll never understand. Were you on test server or something? Is that why you take it so personally you must repeatedly insult another player over game mechanics??

During Pirate Incursion, IIRC, they were giving 10k points with 150% guild bonus. This is also the week that the OP made their video showing they could get 50k+ Conquest points in a little over 10 mins. This week they are giving 5k. During Pirate Incursion there was a large lump sum (30k+) of Conquest points available for doing 10 heroics. That wasn't there last week. This week it's for gaining renown ranks. The point is that there are different priorities each week.

Well, you do not recall correctly. The planetary missions are always 5k. They've always been 5k. Video you talk about -shows- the objective list of that week at end&beginning. You can -see- these objectives and how much they yield.(5k) You are prolly confusing it to dinging 1st heroic of any given day - that is 10k. That, too, is a thing every day and every week.

Speaking of the video, I was careful to - only- do stuff that is available -every week - For example, I did not go to Dantooine since that isn't a thing every week. I didn't ding the juicy 30k bonus either. (as is shown at the end of he video)

Edited by Stradlin

Small wonder you like it, if you enjoy doing starter zones repeatedly on multiple characters, game now rewards you very generously for it. Its just that your playstyle (Lots of planetary missions on lots of different characters) is the only one that got included to the new conquest. Anyone and everybody who likes earning huge piles of conq will now have to play more or less like you. Like doing nothing but planetaries? Hate doing nothing but planetaries?..It don't matter; if you want 400% more conq/week than anyone used to make, planetaries is what you will have to do. Every day. Every week.

Every other playstyle gives, by comparsion, pretty pitiful conquest now.

So basically you dislike that YOUR preferred playstyle gives YOU less reward than my preferred playstyle?

Anyone and everybody who likes earning huge piles of conq will now have to play more or less like you.

But isn't that how it always is? That if you want something you have to do the work it requires?

And more often than not the required work is something less enjoyable than your favorite passtime activity.

I think it actually mostly REWARDS people who just started out and are relatively new to the game, seeing as how you get a nice bonus very early on in the game, with something to look forward to when you can do it again within a couple of days.

So basically you dislike that YOUR preferred playstyle gives YOU less reward than my preferred playstyle?

Well, yeah absolutely. This huge disparity is present across -all- other playstyles just as well. Éverything gives conquest at low rate when compared to planetary tourism. GSF, pvp, fps and ops are in approx same ballpark with one another. And utterly pale in comparsion to planetaries.

Other solo content looks as miserable. Master mode chapters are very modest conq for example.

But isn't that how it always is? That if you want something you have to do the work it requires?

And more often than not the required work is something less enjoyable than your favorite passtime activity.

Its just that stated purpose of this new conq was to make it more inclusive. In practice, new conq simply excluded all other playstyles besides planetary missions. All else operates within far more modest numbers of the old system. Why is it that planetaries, as an activity, should be so much superior to everything else? And indeed, why should people have to earn conq by doing something "less enjoyable"? Original purpose of this patch sought to fix this. Intention was fine, just that it broke any balance present. All playstyles should be elevated to the same approximate ballbark.

Edited by Stradlin

That's the crux of his whole argument, he wants us all to play his way. Do yourself a favour, and put him on ignore, then look at the thread, you'll see a whole different conversation :)

Yeah, we can either continue a perfectly respectful argument/ discussion about gameplay..or you can join the clique that activately campaigns for completely silencing people whose opinnions about game mechanics they dislike.

What strikes as more normal, decent or reasonable is up to the reader I guess.

Edited by Stradlin

I think it actually mostly REWARDS people who just started out and are relatively new to the game, seeing as how you get a nice bonus very early on in the game, with something to look forward to when you can do it again within a couple of days.

To be 100% fair, we'd all be irate if our preferred playstyle were actually kicked to the curb. That doesn't change the fact that premise of this thread was flawed from the beginning, but it is what it is.

To wit: The OP believes that Conquest was all about "encouraging group content". The problem with this philosophy is, of course, obvious to most of us: Crafting isn't a group activity, and neither are KotFE/TET chapters. They are, and have been an integral part of Conquest since it's inception, but, in order to support an agenda, we have to ignore this detail. We have to ignore selective editing of our posts, and continual editing of their posts as well as having what we say misrepresented at every turn, or every other turn, if there's a way they can spin it to their narrative.

Details like "What about crafting and expansion chapters" are swept under the rug, hoping that nobody will notice. We also have to ignore the fact that no playstyles have actually been kicked to the curb. Instead, what's actually happening is one of the design intents of Conquest, to encourage players to step out of their "comfort zones" into other content. If, as the OP surmises, Conquest was designed to encourage group content, that's all that would have been in it. I guess it would be more accurate to say that it would dominate the rotations every week. This has never been the case, but that's what would have had to happen from inception to support the OP's insistence that this is what it was intended for.

To be 100% fair, we'd all be irate if our preferred playstyle were actually kicked to the curb. That doesn't change the fact that premise of this thread was flawed from the beginning, but it is what it is.

But that's the issue here, isn't it? The OP's method of playing is still a perfectly fine way to finish Conquests. Doing group content is an entirely viable method of participating in and competing in Conquests. The problem the OP has is that now there are also other ways which are viable methods to reach the personal goal. For some inexplicable reason that bothers the OP, that players are able to play their own way. So the only person who has an issue with the new Conquest system is the OP, because they want to play some sort of Conquest Police who dictates how Conquest is to be played, which is ridiculous.

To wit: The OP believes that Conquest was all about "encouraging group content". The problem with this philosophy is, of course, obvious to most of us: Crafting isn't a group activity, and neither are KotFE/TET chapters. They are, and have been an integral part of Conquest since it's inception, but, in order to support an agenda, we have to ignore this detail. We have to ignore selective editing of our posts, and continual editing of their posts as well as having what we say misrepresented at every turn, or every other turn, if there's a way they can spin it to their narrative.

Details like "What about crafting and expansion chapters" are swept under the rug, hoping that nobody will notice. We also have to ignore the fact that no playstyles have actually been kicked to the curb. Instead, what's actually happening is one of the design intents of Conquest, to encourage players to step out of their "comfort zones" into other content. If, as the OP surmises, Conquest was designed to encourage group content, that's all that would have been in it. I guess it would be more accurate to say that it would dominate the rotations every week. This has never been the case, but that's what would have had to happen from inception to support the OP's insistence that this is what it was intended for.

Very interesting summation.

And … fair in it's conclusion as well (IMO).

But that's the issue here, isn't it? The OP's method of playing is still a perfectly fine way to finish Conquests. Doing group content is an entirely viable method of participating in and competing in Conquests. The problem the OP has is that now there are also other ways which are viable methods to reach the personal goal. For some inexplicable reason that bothers the OP, that players are able to play their own way. So the only person who has an issue with the new Conquest system is the OP, because they want to play some sort of Conquest Police who dictates how Conquest is to be played, which is ridiculous.

Agreed here as well.

Even if the phrase conquest police were removed … you would still be correct. IMO the new system encourages players to visit / revisit all sorts of areas as opposed to farming one particular site (solo or group).

Yes groups benefit the most. But then again that's always the case. I'm fine with that. Solo or group is my choice. At least now there are MORE choices … and MORE benefits which also helps with other areas aside from just crafting (like better gear as well).

IMO... that's a win - win for everyone.

Well … (almost) everyone.

And truthfully … some are going to gripe regardless.

Yeah, that's more or less what I was getting at in the rest of that post. To me, it's just another currency. I don't go out of my way to get it, and I don't stop what I'm doing on one character after they make it, if I'm wrapped up in some story content that I'm trying to finish. To be honest the biggest change to Conquest over the last couple of years was getting points for individual kills, and that's not new to this system, so it's a bit late to complain about it now. They removed the ability to buff that with the xp amulets, which should go a long way to "balancing" it, but it's been in game for a good while now, so not much point in complaining about it.

Well, yeah absolutely. This huge disparity is present across -all- other playstyles just as well. Éverything gives conquest at low rate when compared to planetary tourism. GSF, pvp, fps and ops are in approx same ballpark with one another. And utterly pale in comparsion to planetaries.

Other solo content looks as miserable. Master mode chapters are very modest conq for example.

Its just that stated purpose of this new conq was to make it more inclusive. In practice, new conq simply excluded all other playstyles besides planetary missions. All else operates within far more modest numbers of the old system. Why is it that planetaries, as an activity, should be so much superior to everything else? And indeed, why should people have to earn conq by doing something "less enjoyable"? Original purpose of this patch sought to fix this. Intention was fine, just that it broke any balance present. All playstyles should be elevated to the same approximate ballbark.

Isn't everyone free to do the exact same easy content to earn this stuff? Doesn't that in fact make it equal opportunity for everyone?

You can't expect creators to provide for every possible play style to be equal in effort and reward. All they can do is provide content that is accessible for everyone at some point.

For example, if i enjoy gathering materials ONLY for Conquest points i can do that... but of course the time or effort invested isn't exactly the same across all possible activities and combinations of activities. The idea is that its available and (easily) accessible to all players.

You have the exact same opportunity as everyone else as far as i can see. The ratio of points earned has nothing to do with anything and would probably be impossible to realise. Nobody plays at the same speed or level of efficiency for instance.