Conquest lost its shape and purpose

Stradlin

There's stuff in your reply that is inaccurate and we could cover( you can't use last match with weekly conq target ding when simulating the matches 9-191981 etc etc etc)

Not really... we can argue semantics if you want... I used your numbers....

Also you don't get the CQ points for the CQ weekly target until you accept the reward and complete the quest. PvP and GSF get 1250 CQ points per match completion instead of 625 like regular quests....

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^All of this is completely irrelevant if they add performance based stuff. Infinitely repeatable objective that dings when you win is alone something that'd mostly fix things. Goes together perfectly with naure of pvp. Number of performance based objectives set as daily could supplement this. -> Presto, GSF would be alright conquest to those who like doing it.

As I've pointed out before, no it won't... Because then the other side SCREAMS that they just did a GSF match and wasted tons of time because some newbie scrub cost them the match... Because guess what, Win a GSF match USED to be the objective when CQ started... They had to change it cause having that be the objective KILLED GSF AND PVP cause no one wanted to do it because they didn't get rewarded. They also had objectives for GSF, that didn't help either, idiots still suicided cause it was quicker to end the match and get to the next one.

Might you be able to support and enjoy it while recognizing it has some massive imbalances going on?

Yes, I can see you point but I don't have a problem with what you're complaining about. I can as well get done with conquest super-fast and then move to some other content I'm enjoying more than planetary missions. Thanks to planetary missions giving so many points I have enough time for them, my fun time in FPs and Ops and even some time to craft for credits.

As I've pointed out before, no it won't... Because then the other side SCREAMS that they just did a GSF match and wasted tons of time because some newbie scrub cost them the match...

Yeah, welcome to the wonderful word of competitive game settings in any game really, digital or otherwise. There's gonna be whining and blaming and certain personality type will always find the " scrub" who cost the match.

Because guess what, Win a GSF match USED to be the objective when CQ started... They had to change it cause having that be the objective KILLED GSF AND PVP cause no one wanted to do it because they didn't get rewarded.

You are talking about past as distant as March 2020. That's when winning was infinitely repeatable. I admit, it does feel like a long ago. Having that objective did not " kill gsf" and loads of people wanted to do it.

Other playstyles, specially GSF and PvP, should get generous helping of daily objectives similar to what planetary mission runner has going.

Edited by Stradlin

Yes, I can see you point but I don't have a problem with what you're complaining about. I can as well get done with conquest super-fast and then move to some other content I'm enjoying more than planetary missions. Thanks to planetary missions giving so many points I have enough time for them, my fun time in FPs and Ops and even some time to craft for credits.

Well, I can see a problem with only one type of gameplay, soloable at that, being included in this new conquest with everything else simply left out.

If one isn't in a guild or doesn't care about helping them too much and plays only one or two characters, conq is 100% irrelevant now. You'll get that 50k if you play the game at all. However, if you have more conq related desires and ambitions, it changes. Let's say you really like conquest system and want to earn tons of it in order to help yourself and your guild out. Currently, doing - anything- besides planetary missions is a complete waste of time. Disparity is just too huge. We are not not talking about some Content Y% is 85% conq when compared to content X type of a thing. We are talking about differences of this magnitude ->

Planetary tourist can earn something like 200k conq in 90 mins. You ding 50k on a character, switch to a new one,repeat. For 2-3 hours, this is all you wanna do for optimal conquest. That is all a typical player has to spare for a video game/day really. You have a " mountain" 2-3 hours tall to climb, before you even start seeing other playstyles on the other side. This mountain is completely soloable and isolates you from any content t that needs other people to even happen.

Conq is a currency that overreaches all playstyles. It comes with huge communial undertones. Yet, only one playstyle got included to this new, sick conquest.

Edited by Stradlin

Nothing's left out. Another fallacy to prove a point, and it's not working.

Of course it's yet another fallacy.

He paints 6.0 conquest is a zero-sum game, either you get everything if you don't PvP, or you get nothing if you do. Nobody would have jumped down his throat if he'd just originally posted "please put PvP conquest rewards on par with non-PvP rewards" and be done with it. No one would have had a problem with a post like that.

Instead, he claimed, right from the very title of his thread, that the conquest system lost its shape and purpose, which is hyperbole in the extreme, and his follow-through to that was a bunch of spurious, nonsensical, inconsistent arguments and a demonstrated unwillingness to acknowledge his many errors regarding those arguments when a wide swath of the forum's population rightly continue to counter him.

Nothing's left out. Another fallacy to prove a point, and it's not working.

When making all these bombastic declarations, its useful to somehow expand on them and explain the meaning behind your words.

See how I actually talk about gameplay,bring videos and measure and compare stuff? After doing all this and showing how, say, 11 mins of planetary tourism gives 57k conquest, I'm in a pretty good position to say "New conquest excludes everything besides planetaries."

Everything besides planetary tourism operates withing boundaries and numbers you used to see previously. If you are doing FPs, Ops, GSF, PvP, you prolly get around 20k conq in 30 mins.Give or take.

Do planetaries and you get something like 100k in 30 mins.

Therefore, everytyhing besides planetaries got excluded.

It is bit awkward if other side brings numbers, proof, videos etc.. and you assume your feelings are all it takes to rebuke them.

Edited by Stradlin

Nobody would have jumped down his throat if he'd just originally posted "please put PvP conquest rewards on par with non-PvP rewards" and be done with it. No one would have had a problem with a post like that.

Instead, he claimed, right from the very title of his thread, that the conquest system lost its shape and purpose, whi

So basically people, yourself included, are busy shouting down valid criticism of imabalances just to win an argument online? Trying to get portions of your current MMO of choise into more reasonable shape is less important than having argument fodder online,since title of a thread is upsetting?

I think it pretty undeniable huge parts of conquest has been completely reshaped and redone. How good or bad that is is where an argument begins.

Since you've taken time to actually read some of the things I'm saying, it should be obvious I consider having all gameplay included to this new Conq the most important thing here..

...And this is something people, yourself included, want to naysay and explain away. Just to win an argument. Cause you are upset by title of a thread.

Health and functionality of your favorite MMO is something you can sacrifice on an altar of an online argument? Fighting me sure is important.

No matter how obvious, undeniable or urgent the actual facts I bring are, it is both valid and important to " jump down my throat" because you don't likethe title of my thread or what my subjective opinnion about conquest is. How difficult is it to see past person arguing and focus on gameplay?

Edited by Stradlin

So basically people, yourself included, are busy shouting down valid criticism of imabalances just to win an argument online?

No. We're busy shouting down fallacies and inaccuracies in your claims, there's no such thing as "winning an argument online". How many edits are there on the opening post here? If there's more than one, and that for spelling or formatting issues, then there was something wrong with your premise right out of the gate. A fact that can be easily documented by the title of your post. What part of your premise covers crafting week in the original variation of Conquest to imply that it's lost it's "shape and purpose"? What's that you say, crafting was never a system set up for group play? Why then, if, as you posit, Conquest was created to encourage group play, has crafting been a part of the system since it started?

There is a simple answer, your basic premise is flawed. Heroics and planets have, also, been a part since it's inception, and KotFE/TET chapters as well, neither of which are group content. While we could argue that Heroics were initially intended to be, it's so far gone now that it's irrelevant, and some of us were soloing them before they went from H4 to H2, where applicable. My Shadow tank was soloing Oricon, when it was relevant, with Nadia. That's a tank and a DPS, soloing all of Oricon, including the H4 that used to be a part of it.

So, given the empirical evidence of multiple edits to the OP, selective editing, to include snipping out parts of other player's posts, or misrepresenting their posts, something you have done to me in this very thread, and the faulty premise of the thread, it's no wonder people are disagreeing with your assessment. Is it ironic that this week, I've only made Conquest on 4 toons, because I've been focused on actually playing the game, and working on content that I want to finish on specific toons, that isn't paying a ton of Conquest to do? DvL has more control over what I play than Conquest...

Well, I can see a problem with only one type of gameplay, soloable at that, being included in this new conquest with everything else simply left out.

I do 20 characters / week in a week I have time to play and feel like doing conquest. Here is how it goes:

1. All obiectives you can do without leaving the fleet (amp, companion gifts, sell trash, space mission + bonus, stronghold decorations, crew missions; some obiectives usually remain as backup for other characters).

2. Starter planet 1 + capitol planet (heroic, rampage, collecting nodes on the way).

3. Starter planet 2 + Chapter 1 planet (same ordeal)

4. Either relog to other faction and repeat 2 or two Chapter 1 planets.

Now, in less than 1h, I'm free to do other activities - do some daily areas more for conquest, gather some nodes for crafting, join an operation or run some flashpoints. All those of course will grant me another conquest or two.

Even excluding additional activities you bring home a million points. And if you spend three hours in the game you have two remaining for doing whatever you want.

Gosh, even writing this made me fall even deeper in love with this system.

He paints 6.0 conquest is a zero-sum game, either you get everything if you don't PvP, or you get nothing if you do. Nobody would have jumped down his throat if he'd just originally posted "please put PvP conquest rewards on par with non-PvP rewards" and be done with it. No one would have had a problem with a post like that.

Instead, he claimed, right from the very title of his thread, that the conquest system lost its shape and purpose, which is hyperbole in the extreme, and his follow-through to that was a bunch of spurious, nonsensical, inconsistent arguments and a demonstrated unwillingness to acknowledge his many errors regarding those arguments when a wide swath of the forum's population rightly continue to counter him.

Not to mention, he keeps changing his posts, editing them, he's all over the place. I've put him on ignore, it's the best thing you can do with this thread, No matter what point you makes, he snips it, to make it fit his argument. I can only hope the devs have the sense to see through him. Just put him on ignore, and keep posting positive points, don't stoop to his level

I do 20 characters / week in a week I have time to play and feel like doing conquest. Here is how it goes:

1. All obiectives you can do without leaving the fleet (amp, companion gifts, sell trash, space mission + bonus, stronghold decorations, crew missions; some obiectives usually remain as backup for other characters).

2. Starter planet 1 + capitol planet (heroic, rampage, collecting nodes on the way).

3. Starter planet 2 + Chapter 1 planet (same ordeal)

4. Either relog to other faction and repeat 2 or two Chapter 1 planets.

Now, in less than 1h, I'm free to do other activities - do some daily areas more for conquest, gather some nodes for crafting, join an operation or run some flashpoints. All those of course will grant me another conquest or two.

Even excluding additional activities you bring home a million points. And if you spend three hours in the game you have two remaining for doing whatever you want.

Thanks a ton for this! Always nice to hear how other people are doing their planetary missions. It underlines how there are tons of different ways to do planetary missions for some easy, fast conquest. You do menial bits in fleet, and then its off to do missions around planets. I bet it sounds familiar to everybody reading this. This is roughly how you make awesome conq now. It is your only option really. Variety comes from which planets, which missions. For those who have larger ambitions (say, 10 chars or more?) varitey most assuredly won't come from "which playstyle?" You'll never again have to wonder which conquest week it is either; Every day is planetary day, and every week is a planetary week! Wooo.

in less than 1h, I'm free to do other activities - do some daily areas more for conquest, gather some nodes for crafting, join an operation or run some flashpoints.

Exactly. Boldened bits is such a telling and fitting choise of words.You are basically prisoner of one singular playstyle. You need to win your freedom 1st. You have a (bit under)1 hour mountain to climb - . All other playstyles and activities are basically behind this mountain. You spend one hour out of three completely isolated and sealed within one single way of playing the game. You (like so many others doing conquest on multiple chars I recon) have a specific personal target or goal to reach. Only after reaching it, you've met your personal quota and are " free".

Wouldn't it be nice to be free from 1st moment on? Imagine sometimes making that conq via some other playstyle just for the sake of fun in it. Imagine having options that don't orbit around single playstyle. We are now on week..4, right? Honest question..How long you recon it'll keep feeling all that great to run starter planets over and over again every day, every week?

Edited by Stradlin

Currently, doing - anything- besides planetary missions is a complete waste of time

I've already proved CONCLUSIVELY that crafting is actually the BEST way to get conquest points... See but you're not complaining about that, which makes me think that now you have an ulterior motive for complaining..

It's so easy if I wanted to I could make a friggin macro to do it.... I wouldn't but I could...

If I crit at 75% rate...

80 base per minute, times 60 minutes

80*60= 4800 crafted items

4800*1.75 (75% crit rate) = 8400 pieces

8400/50 (amount needed for CQ goal) = 168 completions

168*1500 = 252,000 CQ points PER HOUR

Edited by Psychopyro

Planetary tourist can earn something like 200k conq in 90 mins..

Wait, what happened to 56k every 11 minutes.... You've said yourself that there's no diminishing returns and that repeatable goals don't ever catch up... which is it?

You are free from the first moment on. You just choose to do things differently from others and complain because different people do things differently than you. In the old conquest during crafting week I had to run through every heroic on every single planet just to get to the 50k mark. Now I can get to 50k and then do whatever I want like helping guildies through fp's and op's and leveling. You made 2 videos and posted them on youtube that were perfectly tailored to fit your argument. Nobody here is attacking you personally but they are attacking your thought that everything is unbalanced because they have a different opinion than you do

Wait, what happened to 56k every 11 minutes.... You've said yourself that there's no diminishing returns and that repeatable goals don't ever catch up... which is it?

What? ofc there are dimisnishing returns and I've said as much multiple times. Clearly I don't do enough repetition.

Its just that planetary tourist has much less to worry about from dimisnihing returns. You'll make 200k in 90 mins,

Also, I can't check this stuff atm myself but about those crafting numbers..

What do you craft and how many? Which objective dings? How much mats do you need and how long you plan to be able to burn them mats?

Edited by Stradlin

What? ofc there are dimisnishing returns and I've said as much multiple times. Clearly I don't do enough repetition.

Its just that planetary tourist has much less to worry about from dimisnihing returns. You'll make 200k in 90 mins,

Also, I can't check this stuff atm myself but about those crafting numbers..

What do you craft and how many? Which objective dings? How much mats do you need and how long you plan to be able to burn them mats?

I was using Rubat Synth Bonded Attachment, which base time is 30 seconds. 75% efficiency and 7.5% efficiency from gear brings that down to 5 seconds.

With 8 level 50 companions you can craft 96 components every minute.... I used 80 because of rounding errors it might take 5.25 seconds (the actual reduction is 24.75 seconds by my math but the screen says 5 sec).

The rest of the math is in the other post....

Each crafted item takes 2 Rubat Crystal, 2 Lost Artifact Fragments, and 2 Fibrous Nylite Solutions (15 credits each which would be 144k credits total for 1 hour worth).... Basically you need 9600 of each item, which is easy with all the Jawa Junk I get all week. Level 1 items are 1:1 from the Junk Vendor. Every 50 crafted clears the infinite repeatable Crafting: Innovator (Craft any item) x50... Crits do count as 2 crafted items, not one.

Now, is it sustainable.... depends on how you go about it. During crafting CQ back in the day, we used to have a group go gather while another group crafted, then we would switch off where the crafters went and gathered.... We'd do this back and forth for several hours. Guilds COULD employ this method and just blow the scores clear out of the water.... Think 10 crafters per hour each hour over 24 hours.. Just that small amount could theoretically put up 60m points in 24 hours (For reference the highest guild on Shan is 133m with just over a day left)...

And I can tell you the amount of crafters would not be hard to hit for large guilds. Even some medium guilds could pull this off, and really dedicated small guilds could as well.... Take it from me, my wife and I took a planet with just the 2 of us during a crafting event under the old system. This feels easier to pull off....

[EDIT] Guilds could also stockpile mats for a couple weeks as well so no gatherers are needed.

Edited by Psychopyro

Thanks a ton for this! Always nice to hear how other people are doing their planetary missions. It underlines how there are tons of different ways to do planetary missions for some easy, fast conquest. You do menial bits in fleet, and then its off to do missions around planets. I bet it sounds familiar to everybody reading this. This is roughly how you make awesome conq now. It is your only option really. Variety comes from which planets, which missions. For those who have larger ambitions (say, 10 chars or more?) varitey most assuredly won't come from "which playstyle?" You'll never again have to wonder which conquest week it is either; Every day is planetary day, and every week is a planetary week! Wooo.

I do this because it's fast and efficient. Before that when I was going for a bigger goal I crafted grade 1 medpacks. Before that I was doing pvp (which I don't enjoy at all) because of repeatable 8 medals obiective. Both took longer and were less fun for me.

Exactly. Boldened bits is such a telling and fitting choise of words.You are basically prisoner of one singular playstyle. You need to win your freedom 1st. You have a (bit under)1 hour mountain to climb - . All other playstyles and activities are basically behind this mountain. You spend one hour out of three completely isolated and sealed within one single way of playing the game. You (like so many others doing conquest on multiple chars I recon) have a specific personal target or goal to reach. Only after reaching it, you've met your personal quota and are " free".

Wouldn't it be nice to be free from 1st moment on? Imagine sometimes making that conq via some other playstyle just for the sake of fun in it. Imagine having options that don't orbit around single playstyle. We are now on week..4, right? Honest question..How long you recon it'll keep feeling all that great to run starter planets over and over again every day, every week?

But I can do whatever I want. If I feel like it I can do an operation which will take me up to two hours and cover one character. Or hunt some worldbosses if people are interested. Or do flashpoints with guildies. Or just randomly chat with people in guildchat. Conquest is not the main obiective of the game (fun should be) and I don't feel every minute spent not earning points is wasted. Only minute wasted is one I'm not enjoying myself.

Just to be clear - I don't mind boosting other activities. I would mind nerfing planetary missions.

I was using Rubat Synth Bonded Attachment, which base time is 30 seconds. 75% efficiency and 7.5% efficiency from gear brings that down to 5 seconds.

With 8 level 50 companions you can craft 96 components every minute.... I used 80 because of rounding errors it might take 5.25 seconds (the actual reduction is 24.75 seconds by my math but the screen says 5 sec).

The rest of the math is in the other post....

Each crafted item takes 2 Rubat Crystal, 2 Lost Artifact Fragments, and 2 Fibrous Nylite Solutions

Basically you need 9600 of each item, which is easy with all the Jawa Junk I get all week. Level 1 items are 1:1 from the Junk Vendor.

I think attainability and sustainability are most def very important words here. I think your numbers here look accurate,its just that..well, how long could you keep this up? 20.000 units of various mats/hour is a pretty..draconian demand to meet really. In credits or Jawa stuff. Not a rhetoric question or anything, I'm genuinely curious how..possible this is in any consistent sense of the word? You can do 200k in 90 mins every day, every week via planetaries. If you can consistently earn a bit more by investing tens of millions worth of materials, then I'd say crafting and planetaries are approx aligned with one another. Its just that I believe you could keep at this for few..hours? days? and then you've burned half a years worth of jawa junk and crafting mats. Hardcore Crafting for conquest is something I've never really done tho. So if you have 1st hand experience of actually doing this in any consistent fashion, I'm curious to hear more. I'm pretty sure that in practice, you'd run out of jawa junk, crafting materials and GTN supply in matter of hours, not days. So when compared to planetaries..you can do it..for a while..every now and then. By burning tens of millions worth of materials. Vs. planetaries you can do for free every week, every day all over again.

Attainability is another thing. Planetary heroics? Ding 50-60, have lvl appropriate gear and you are golden. Max lvl char with entry level 306 gear is all I ever wear when timing stuff. I bet significant majority of people who have commented on this thread have such characters. Takes no money, special skillsets or anything like that. Just 90 mins of your time. Meanwhile, how many people have full crafting sets and 6 x 50 companions and hundreds of thousands of Jawa junk and millions of credits it takes to reach and maintain this speed?

Now, is it sustainable.... depends on how you go about it. During crafting CQ back in the day, we used to have a group go gather while another group crafted, then we would switch off where the crafters went and gathered.... We'd do this back and forth for several hours. Guilds COULD employ this method and just blow the scores clear out of the water.... Think 10 crafters per hour each hour over 24 hours.. Just that small amount could theoretically put up 60m points in 24 hours (For reference the highest guild on Shan is 133m with just over a day left)...

Days gone by. I'm glad they fixed crafting for conq few years back.It was WAY too important for srs conq guilds. Or even individuals. The guy who overuses word "fallacy" all the time and keeps suggesting conq crafting was a largely separate beast to multiplayer content shold prolly read the quote above and find the history lesson sealed within.

Edited by Stradlin

I do this because it's fast and efficient.

Yes..exactly. When you compare all the different playstyles, only one is " fast and efficient" By comparsion, all the rest are vastly inferior. Wanna get conq "out of the way" quickly and efficiently..enjoy your only option. Its great for you that you do enjoy running daily missions over and over again, cause its not like there is a valid Plan B available here . During before-times.. you always had some content that appeared superior to all else. Just that disparity has never been what it is now. (I bet even crafting, back when it was broken, wasn't this bad) I never cared if my favorite content gives 80% or 75% or 125% of the conquest compared to most all else. Not as long as the ballpark is the same. Now, the difference is like 400% or so..to benefit of solo content that isolates you from all multiplayer aspects.

Edited by Stradlin

I think attainability and sustainability are most def very important words here. I think your numbers here look accurate,its just that..well, how long could you keep this up? 20.000 units of various mats/hour is a pretty..draconian demand to meet really..

And that's the question I suppose... Lots of masochists in this game though... And people have done a lot worse just to win a planet, this doesn't seem that far fetched.

Plus keep in mind that while I used artifice, most people would use bio or scavenging mats , which are by far more abundant and easier to come by. I can think of 2 or 3 instances that could continuously be reset that has several farmable mobs in them that, at least myself on my shadow tanks, can pull the whole instance, kill everything, harvest, and be out fairly quickly... I just timed one, won't go into much detail except that I cleared it and harvested in 3 minutes. Would be about 720 of each mat over an hour... I know there are better instances for what I did, that was just a quick test run to see.

Tier 1 mats cost nothing really... and if you farm mobs for the mats, loot will more than make up the cost of buying the whites... Jawa Junk is not really a huge issue, I've got almost 40k green just from last week. To be fair I disassemble almost everything, need those legendary embers and mission never seem to like me enough.

The better bet would be to build up a large mat supply and then go crazy. I'm sure someone has already read thru this and planned.

And that's the question I suppose... Lots of masochists in this game though... And people have done a lot worse just to win a planet, this doesn't seem that far fetched.

Yeah I think this is the context here. It is hitting the afterburner and keeping it fired up til fuel is gone during weeks when your guild is fighting hard for a planet. ie it largely is a venture for an actual guild, not as much one for a typical player to strive for. Based on your description, imo it sounds like this aspect of conquest crafting is approx where it should be. - afterburner you hit for a day or two bi-monthly or something. My own experiences on this field mostly consisted of doing an occasional dark project and some occasional other big weekly dings. Ofc, theres no way I'm gonna bother with any of that anymore. Not for conq anyway.

Day to day stuff being quite borked atm is more pressing.

Edited by Stradlin

With how easy it is to get conquest points now I'm afraid that they're going to jack up the number of points needed to make guild conquest goals. It easy for a guild that has 900 players to get 200millin points but a hguild that only has 3 or 4 active members struggles to get the smnall planet goal of 500,000. I would like to see a new higher tier of points put in for those massively huge huilds so that the smaller guilds don't lose their chance of guild rewards.

With how easy it is to get conquest points now I'm afraid that they're going to jack up the number of points needed to make guild conquest goals. It easy for a guild that has 900 players to get 200millin points but a hguild that only has 3 or 4 active members struggles to get the smnall planet goal of 500,000. I would like to see a new higher tier of points put in for those massively huge huilds so that the smaller guilds don't lose their chance of guild rewards.

I've been avoiding replying to this thread, for the obvious reason, but i'd like to comment on this post.

I don't think they'd jack up the points, as it will hurt the smaller guilds. But I do like the idea of a new tier, with a higher goal, and better rewards. A super tier, that has a high goal, it might pull the largest CQ guilds out of the smaller tiers, and leave them a little more open. A discussion of this is a far better way of using this thread ;)