Change of face? or race even?

Grimcrowe

has anyone ever gotten the thought of sometime in their time as an XX that they wanted to change their look or even their race? Like If I was a Cyborg trooper and I wanted to switch to being a human because I just realized that they have tattoos?

and while redoing the entire thing is a given, I really don't want to start all over again because of a simple cosmetic error I made when I first made my character...

I'm just wondering if Bioware would be nice enough to allow this function... even if I had to pay for it I'd be cool with it...

so far that's my only complaint about this game... (well that and speeder prices)

has anyone ever gotten the thought of sometime in their time as an XX that they wanted to change their look or even their race? Like If I was a Cyborg trooper and I wanted to switch to being a human because I just realized that they have tattoos?

and while redoing the entire thing is a given, I really don't want to start all over again because of a simple cosmetic error I made when I first made my character...

I'm just wondering if Bioware would be nice enough to allow this function... even if I had to pay for it I'd be cool with it...

so far that's my only complaint about this game... (well that and speeder prices)

Thats what all the sliders and stuff at the beginning were for.

I had to went through at least 50 characters so far now. I couldn't make up my mind on how I wanted to look. It's a ***** because they're also so many classes so I wanted to make my character look like he could be a Sith Warrior or a Jedi Sage etc. etc. It took me a few days until I finally found the faces I wanted, lol.

Speeder prices are not bad, you can make 1k credits in like literally a couple kills. At level 25, I've made 10k by doing two quests. I can only IMAGINE what level 50's and such are making. But I share your pain with the race changes and such. When I made my Jedi a Twi'Lek, it took me until about 16 to learn that you can't show must headwear, even though in the comics the hair just runs down your chest. But I have faith Bioware will fix this.

Race change would be stupid but cosmetic changes sometime in the future shouldn't be out of the question. Maybe not face shape/color of the skin/eyes but everything else is more or less things that we change throughout out our life's so why should your character not be able to get a tattoo/new haircut/a scar or even (out on a limb here) get cyborg parts/get fat or skinny.

Race change would be stupid but cosmetic changes sometime in the future shouldn't be out of the question. Maybe not face shape/color of the skin/eyes but everything else is more or less things that we change throughout out our life's so why should your character not be able to get a tattoo/new haircut/a scar or even (out on a limb here) get cyborg parts/get fat or skinny.

changes are nice... at least it shows development

I would love to have the option to change my looks. Some character really look messed up with sith corruption. For isntance, humans(turning ligh yellow with greenish shade) and the zabraks turning into pink bunnies. If these people knew their character we gonna look like that at dark side IV than they would have not chosen these cosmetic skin options.

I can also imagine people wanting to change their gender or the way their face looks. If these people would have to reroll completely new characters just for the looks it would be really sad. Even if they have spend alot of time creating their characters. Being able to change your looks adds a little bit of freedom to customise your character when you are high level and get to face an unpredictable cosmetic change by armor, dark/light side choices or other game mechanics you cannot forsee beforehand.

i too had thought of this as well ... and even toyed with the idea or rerolling my jedi sage simply because i had chosen 1 or 2 dark side choices and also the fact that every other jedi i see running around is the same race as me (Miraluka) ...

it definitely is possible (EQ2 does it for a fee), but if/when BW would decide to allow such a change is entirely up to them.

as for the cosmetic changes, that would be even simpler for them to do (again EQ2 has this as well) and its a simple npc in game that would send you back to a modified character creation screen that let you change the appeance.

oh and they (EQ2) also had services, for a fee, that you could change your sex, race, and also your name. so all these options are possible, IF Bioware wants to go that route ...

Edited by Tharag

Like race and class, but body type and hair/tattoos and such should be changable if the player wants.

I agree with this.

I really enjoyed the image designing feature on SWG that let someone change your facial features/makeup/leku markings/tatoos and all that stuff. Was nice to be able to change it up while still looking like your character.

some things SHOULD be permanent

Like your hair cut? Cause you can never change it IRL, ever.

Like your Hair color, because no one IRL dyes their hair.

Like your weight, because that never changes IRL.

Like getting a tattoo or having one removed. Impossible IRL.

Like your skin tone, because no one tans or loses their tan IRL.

Like your eye color, because cosmetic contacts don't exist, IRL, nor cybernetic replacements in Star Wars.

Yup. some things should definitely be permanent. Change is bad. we hate change.

Don't mind me, I'm stapling your chest piece to your skin because you can't change your shirt IRL either.

Edited by Finis

• 3 months later...
Like race and class, but body type and hair/tattoos and such should be changable if the player wants.

Tattoos are permanent. The only things that should be allowed to be changed should be (in my opinion) hairstyle and/or make-up. (And I know you can remove them with surgery, but seriously, who goes and gets tattoos removed and (re)added several times per month? Much less in their lifetime.

Especially for Mirialans it'd make no sense to be able to change the tattoos when they place them for achieving certain things in life. Changing their tattoos would be like rewriting their personal history.

Edited by Bielduwyn

Tattoos are permanent. The only things that should be allowed to be changed should be (in my opinion) hairstyle and/or make-up. (And I know you can remove them with surgery, but seriously, who goes and gets tattoos removed and (re)added several times per month? Much less in their lifetime.

Especially for Mirialans it'd make no sense to be able to change the tattoos when they place them for achieving certain things in life. Changing their tattoos would be like rewriting their personal history.

I think honestly, that RP reasons for disallowing changes are stupid. If he wants to change his character looks, he ought to be allowed to. The most likely reason Bioware hasn't already allowed this is because they would need to code in some kind of interface. And that they have better things to do right now, like fixing bugs and developing new content.

Creators mess with their own work all the time. In comics it's called a "retcon". In Star Wars it's called "releasing a re-mastered edition". At the rate we're going, by 2030 Luke will be a twi'lek and Han a Chiss with tear tattoos. And Greedo will have a whole army of bounty hunters opening fire at Chiss Han before Han fries him.

Edited by notsocool

I think honestly, that RP reasons for disallowing changes are stupid. If he wants to change his character looks, he ought to be allowed to. The most likely reason Bioware hasn't already allowed this is because they would need to code in some kind of interface. And that they have better things to do right now, like fixing bugs and developing new content.

Creators mess with their own work all the time. In comics it's called a "retcon". In Star Wars it's called "releasing a re-mastered edition". At the rate we're going, by 2030 Luke will be a twi'lek and Han a Chiss with tear tattoos. And Greedo will have a whole army of bounty hunters opening fire at Chiss Han before Han fries him.

Or something far dangerous.

I don't feel we are excused to create inconsistent stories just because writers at DC Comics or George Lucas can't keep their stories consistent. If the chief of police is caught speeding it doesn't exactly mean we're all excused to start driving like maniacs.

some things SHOULD be permanent

Some should, and some should be able to be changed.

Hair style, hair color, make up, etc. all things that should be able to be altered.

I'd even go with changing from a fat body style to a thin one. Maybe the character went on Jenny Craig LOL

Race and sex should ALWAYS be permanent.