onderon dailies is nightmare

KumbayaGOD

Onderon dailies are pretty good except for a few things

1. Glands from beasts should be 100% drop like birds.

2. 3 icons in caves too small and the respawn wait is too long.

3. Macrobinocular quests should revert to your previous camera zoom after your done with them instead of manually have to zoom back out every time u use them.

4. Conquest is around 10k for doing them all. Should be 20k.

5. Pretty much the only 75 zone u can use the full effects of your equipment.

Should be dropping 306 gear.

The camera problems are with the whole game not just Onderon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chat didn’t work on Onderron when I started doing the story. And it wasn’t working up till a week ago, I didn’t know they’d fixed it,

I should also clarify, I didn’t use the guide for the dailies, just that world mission you have at the start that gets you to go find the 5 items around the map. I did try without the guide at the start, but 4 hours and only finding one thing made me want to break the keyboard.

The Mando helmet drove me nuts even with the guide because I knew where it was supposed to be and unless you stand in the right spot, you can’t see it (at least on our PC’s). So I was nearly standing on top of it and couldn’t see it from above.

I also couldn’t see the necklace on the shelf because it was so dark in there (until I turned my graphics down :rolleyes:)

The light sabre hilt was also hard to find and certainly no where close to the map icon for it.

The easiest was the Tulak Tomb item, I found that fast.

Even knowing where they all are now, when I took my wife there I still had to explain and show her how to see some of them properly. It didn’t help that the Sabre hilt wasn’t visible at all. I think it was partly in the ruins. I ended up moving her mouse around slowly till the icon changed to a hand.

Surprisingly, we had the hardest time finding the one in the Tomb because we kept getting turned around (we have an excuse, she has trouble with maps, thank god for GPS IRL)

So, I guess it’s not actually the dailies for me, it’s those 5 items in that quest that need to be enlarged and highlighted a bit more,

Oh yeah that mission was stupid. I had friend show me that one. But that one is one time thing. It's not a daily.

1. Glands from beasts should be 100% drop like birds.
Yeah that is annoying especially since it's a 3-part quest.

2. 3 icons in caves too small and the respawn wait is too long.
Icons I have no issue with. They're always at the same spot so once you know where they are, it's fine but I have no issue with them being bigger either. The respawn time is definitely too long.

3. Macrobinocular quests should revert to your previous camera zoom after your done with them instead of manually have to zoom back out every time u use them.
That is a general thing but I wouldn't mind that change.

4. Conquest is around 10k for doing them all. Should be 20k.
I get about 15k for doing the weekly so that's 10/11. Do you mean doing them all 11 without the weekly?

5. Pretty much the only 75 zone u can use the full effects of your equipment.

Should be dropping 306 gear.

Disagree. The daily and weekly rewards give you crates that gives you gear based on your current gear rating so in theory you do get 306 gear on Onderon already provided your rating is high enough. That's how the loot system works regardless of whether you do dailies on Onderon or NiM Ops.

Actually, most people just do the dailies once a week to get the weekly.

Exactly … pretty much the same here !

IMO... they're no substitute for FP's .. etc .. etc .. Just fun !

I like the ones on Onderon ! It's pretty much a personal preference thing … and I do enjoy it !

;)

I like the dailies on Onderon. Actually I do the weekly in 2 days, doing the Patrol mission twice. I pick 6 quests I like, then repeat next day.

I have no issue with the objects to click, now that I know what to search for.

This is exactly what I do. You can knock the six dailies out of the way in fifteen mins, which nets you 100 Tech Frags, come back the next day, repeat, get another 100 Frags, in addition to the lump sum of 500 (or it might be 400) for the Weekly. I originally started doing this because of the bugged quest and see no reason to change.

stop doing dailies please. its the most laziest gameplay ever with horrible rewards that take weeks to get. I honestly can;t believe ya'll grind this stuff, daily lol.

You do realize you're posting on a forum about a game right? ;)

Yeah, found the necklace once I turn my graphics right down :(

And yes, I do love the colour scheme and the Jungle model. The lighting (outside) and colour scheme outside is very pleasant (much more than Yavin). It kind of reminds me of Scarif in Rogue One.

I’ve already mentioned my main criticisms and they aren’t about the beauty of the place, which is lovely.

The only other criticisms of Onderron and Meksha is not being able to fly over head and enjoy the vista properly going between flight points. The flight phasing only shows you the briefest view from above,

I really think they missed a great opportunity to show off how lovely Onderron is and all the great work they did on it. I also don’t like that I can’t explore some of the map areas in between. It has the feel of not being finished.

And poor Meksha. I was so looking forward to flying from one point to another like you do on Nar Shad. Being in an Astroid and the cool design would also have been a visual vista and given you a more immersive experience flying around,

I was also very disappointed with the flight paths on Onderon. I was all 'hey cool flying mou-' thats it?? Why did they bother to design a cool looking flying mount you literally see for all of 2 seconds??

I have no problems doing the Onderon dailies. Sometimes there's a brief delay due to respawn times on some items, but at worst that just means a change of instance. Once you've done them a few times, it's easy to locate the required items/objects.

I do agree that the respawn time is needing improvement. There's been more than once that if I didn't know EXACTLY where to look … I'd just keep on moving.

Hopefully the dev team is looking at this … respawn time really does need looking into.

• 9 months later...
anyone having the issues where the dailies are literally taking 4hrs to complete and also objectives are not properly marked on map or anything at all? Onderon is literally a nightmare..........

I can do the weekly on 10 characters in about four hours, but that is on the Republic side where the dailies have a nice flow that the Imperial side does not (at least not that I have found). For the Republic side, once you leave the city the dailies all fall along a widdershins path going north from the bridge. Imperial side involves a lot of backtracking, but even then it should not take four hours. The worst area, in my opinion, on the Imperial side is the crypt. I skip that mission, which does mean skipping the bonus mission that is down there, too.

Time envolved vs reward = Not worth doing.

What the heck are you talking about? It’s literally twenty minutes per day to do the six fastest missions per toon over two days for 600-700 tech fragments plus three chances at gear that has a higher chance of dropping from daily/weekly crates... for example, pieces of Descent of the Fearless which is best in slot for pretty much all knights and warriors. Can you name another activity in the game that gives you so much for so little?

What the heck are you talking about? It’s literally twenty minutes per day to do the six fastest missions per toon over two days for 600-700 tech fragments plus three chances at gear that has a higher chance of dropping from daily/weekly crates... for example, pieces of Descent of the Fearless which is best in slot for pretty much all knights and warriors. Can you name another activity in the game that gives you so much for so little?

I find the logic of your answer impossible to refute.

Live long and prosp...oh wait...wrong genre. :rak_03:

May the Force be With You!

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I can do the weekly on 10 characters in about four hours, but that is on the Republic side where the dailies have a nice flow that the Imperial side does not (at least not that I have found). For the Republic side, once you leave the city the dailies all fall along a widdershins path going north from the bridge. Imperial side involves a lot of backtracking, but even then it should not take four hours. The worst area, in my opinion, on the Imperial side is the crypt. I skip that mission, which does mean skipping the bonus mission that is down there, too.

It's funny you say that cause I think the same way about the Imperial dailies being better than republic and I have many alts on both sides I do them on. Maybe it's cause the majority of the time I do stuff is on Imperial side where as I'm not super familiar with the Rep dailies on Onderon.

Don't need tech frags or Descent of the Fearless set pieces. So not worth.