General consensus of 6.0 as it stands now (9/24/19)

Lhancelot

My General consensus so far of 6.0... The story seems very good, the Locations seem really good, better then most previous with the extra clutter on Onderon and Mek-Sha's uniqueness. 6.0 is a New Start that in itself is good. However... The gearing, crafting and other systematic process's dont seem like anything I would enjoy. Hopefully in this remaining time plus the feedback BioWare can get that turned around. Wouldn't want that system change to tarnish the Story in a BW game. New System and new story same time, no idea why.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you guys are on the PTS and you enjoy doing chapters in the game, can I suggest you run some and test the new harder settings for SM.

I just had a rude awakening in chapter 1. Wrath and ruin : to reach the shrine of healing (with the walker).

I’m sure most of the player and comp parts of the chapters will be ok with a tweak up in difficulty, but certain chapters like this one may need Bioware’s attention.

Testing chapters doesn’t interest me, I only did this one because my wife was complain on how much harder it was.

So if you care about balance in SM chapters and are a casual player, please jump on the PTS and give Bioware any feed back they may require if things are too hard for you.

As things stand now I won't be able to craft even the 268 MK-0 gear we learn from the vendor, which is too bad because it looks rather nice. It's hard to imagine they could have come up with worse changes for crafting if they had tried.

What stops you from being able to craft them?

Crafting time and total mats required. They made some minor adjustments, and more are to be made... but there's still a massive leap in time requirements vs previous tiers of crafted gear.

To be fair, crafting has always had an unfair advantage that needed to be balanced with regards to other ways to acquire gear. This is more true when schematics are available for purchase, and not limited to boss drops.

To be fair, crafting has always had an unfair advantage that needed to be balanced with regards to other ways to acquire gear. This is more true when schematics are available for purchase, and not limited to boss drops.

LoL, what game are you playing.... lmao... it’s certainly not swtor if that’s how you see crafting

LoL, what game are you playing.... lmao... it’s certainly not swtor if that’s how you see crafting

Yeah crafting on every game I can recall never superseded gears that you could get from the top tier raiding or other activities, usually crafting turns out best for twinks on other games.

SWTOR is the rare game where lowbie gears mean nothing, so there is no "twinking" on this game.

That's part of the problem too, why lowbies is dead. There's absolutely nothing fun about being low level on SWTOR, you can't even twink and PVP on lowbies. A whole niche of PVP is dead now. Oh well that's another story.

Yeah crafting on every game I can recall never superseded gears that you could get from the top tier raiding or other activities, usually crafting turns out best for twinks on other games.

SWTOR is the rare game where lowbie gears mean nothing, so there is no "twinking" on this game.

That's part of the problem too, why lowbies is dead. There's absolutely nothing fun about being low level on SWTOR, you can't even twink and PVP on lowbies. A whole niche of PVP is dead now. Oh well that's another story.

ACTUALLY … IMO the PvP niche (lowbie or other wise) … really needs attention. Even though that's one aspect of the game I'm not involved with ...IMO .. it really does need help. As corny as that may sound I still respect those who do PvP and hope the best for them.

Uhh, for most of swtors life, as long as you had the schematic (which generally wasnt hard to acquire), you could progress your gear rather easily. Maybe it wasnt BIS, but close enough to be effective even at endgame. And its generally taken much less resources to gear up via crafting than by other means. There are outlier eras of course, but there always will be. The history has already been written.

6.0 will align the systems better.

Edited by olagatonjedi

For all I have read about 6.0 thus far, I am unclear on the details of how it will affect crafting.

Is this just going to be a change to endgame crafting, or are they going to totally revamp crafting at all levels, from the bottom up? I sure hope it's not the latter. I remember the last time they did that, (in 4.0 IIRC), and it sucked the high hard one, with a mighty vacuum.

Before somebody suggests it, installing PTS is just not an option for me. I live in a 3rd world country and we do not have civilized levels of bandwidth here...

Another bold assertion with zero explanation behind it. Chuckleworthy though! lol :p

I mean there is an explanatory paragraph, but I don't see what hes trying to say in it. Maybe Musco's right and I do have a reading comprehension problem?

I mean there is an explanatory paragraph, but I don't see what hes trying to say in it. Maybe Musco's right and I do have a reading comprehension problem?

No, that paragraph before the statement I quoted has nothing to do with aligning the crafting system with anything, lol. Definitely not a reading comprehension on your part.

Uhh, for most of swtors life, as long as you had the schematic (which generally wasnt hard to acquire), you could progress your gear rather easily. Maybe it wasnt BIS, but close enough to be effective even at endgame. And its generally taken much less resources to gear up via crafting than by other means. There are outlier eras of course, but there always will be. The history has already been written.

6.0 will align the systems better.

I was never big into crafting, but to be honest I never felt out geared. Once they made orange gear readily available it has always been far more convenient to just buy the cheap green mods. Even before then though no gear ever seemed must have while leveling. I played when this was beta and can't recall time I HAD to have something. At most the one crafting that became valuable for many has been dyes and crystals cause people always buy them, but they aren't needed to level either.

For all I have read about 6.0 thus far, I am unclear on the details of how it will affect crafting.

Is this just going to be a change to endgame crafting, or are they going to totally revamp crafting at all levels, from the bottom up? I sure hope it's not the latter. I remember the last time they did that, (in 4.0 IIRC), and it sucked the high hard one, with a mighty vacuum.

Before somebody suggests it, installing PTS is just not an option for me. I live in a 3rd world country and we do not have civilized levels of bandwidth here...

Not strictly ENDGAME crafting, but all new crafting going forward will require (far) more mats to craft even the (new level of basic) 270 green gear. Including, at least as of right now on PTS, 40 rare purple mats gotten from MM flashpoints and completing conquest for multiple weeks, or multiple alts..

I'm fairly certain crafting all 258 items and below stay the same as it is right now. The difference being, maybe eventually, all of the "lowbie" armor will be legacy bound. Probably not right when 6.0 drops, but they have stated that at "some point" down the road they want to make everything legacy bound, or at least try to.

I just can't bring myself to wear green. Doesn't suit me, not my colour.

What if it has movable mods and are upgrades though?

Actually that is why I use the outfit designer... And I keep a copy of the originals handy incase I need to do any updating ! I really don't like some of the outfit pieces that we are suppose to use. I'm kind of picky about "creating" a look that I enjoy while in game. The same goes for whatever companion I have with me. It kind of sets the mood for the game ( in my opinion).

I really do appreciate how that was implemented in the game ! Give credit where credit is due ! That's one thing that BW got right !!

Actually that is why I use the outfit designer... And I keep a copy of the originals handy incase I need to do any updating ! I really don't like some of the outfit pieces that we are suppose to use. I'm kind of picky about "creating" a look that I enjoy while in game. The same goes for whatever companion I have with me. It kind of sets the mood for the game ( in my opinion).

I really do appreciate how that was implemented in the game ! Give credit where credit is due ! That's one thing that BW got right !!

If you looked at any of the “gold set piece” outfits on the PTS, you’ve probably realised they’re all reskins of some of the ugliest Armor that’s been in the game.

Plus, if you want a specific set bonus, you will likely have to wear something you don’t like or have pieces that don’t fit together in a nice way.

The only outfit I was able to create and like was one for my sniper and even it’s nothing on my CM outfits.

I honestly believe they done it this way to encourage more people to use outfitter and CM gear.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If you looked at any of the “gold set piece” outfits on the PTS, you’ve probably realised they’re all reskins of some of the ugliest Armor that’s been in the game.

Plus, if you want a specific set bonus, you will likely have to wear something you don’t like or have pieces that don’t fit together in a nice way.

The only outfit I was able to create and like was one for my sniper and even it’s nothing on my CM outfits.

I honestly believe they done it this way to encourage more people to use outfitter and CM gear.

I would agree. It's either that … or your JK (for example) looks like he's wearing pieces and parts of a sardine can !

Sorry .. I really shouldn't be so critical. There are some nice designs provided by BW... but as you say a significant part of them are from the CM (I'd guess over 95%).

Speaking of which … I'd love to see a really nice black / dk brown chest piece for the Smuggler. The long trench coat is nice ( with a black dye) … but I'd like to see one that's … well you know … Maybe something that would make the Fonz a little jealous !

:D