General consensus of 6.0 as it stands now (9/24/19)

Lhancelot

OMG, I never thought this would happen, but for the very first time, I have to legitimately agree with Oleg.

( and I’m not even playing Oleg RNG ;))

Yes he's right... partially: "...achievements, but they have never indicated to what degree the player has achieved them (i.e purchase vs self completion vs what era vs grouped/soloed..."

But the fact is that new players or players who haven't completed them yet will confrot an increased lvl of difficulty making harder to get them.

Edited by Lscarlet

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it really matters, because in any case it will be unfair since the players who get them from 6.0 will confront an increased level of difficulty.

But some of the achievements I see in the list are there from the early days used to be way harder than they are now.

It is what it is. Things like achievements change as the game difficulty changes, I stopped caring after 3.0 because things got easier (for the most part). Any changes in 6.0 probably still won’t be as hard as they were pre 3.0.

While I understand achievement hunting, it doesn’t reflect the difficulty of the content or give bragging rights based on difficulty. All it does is say you got that personal achievement done.

I’ll give you an example. I’ve completed all my pvp achievements from Yavin when we still had open world pvp flagging.

I did it legitimately by pvping. Now I see people achieving it by getting their friends to let stand there and let them kill them. From my perspective, that’s not a legitimate achievement, but if someone just wants to tick off something from the achievements list like it’s a shopping list, who am I too complain.

I would suggest that if people want to get any of the current achievements at the current difficulty, they get them done now because all bets are off when 6.0 drops.

But some of the achievements I see in the list are there from the early days used to be way harder than they are now.

It is what it is. Things like achievements change as the game difficulty changes, I stopped caring after 3.0 because things got easier (for the most part). Any changes in 6.0 probably still won’t be as hard as they were pre 3.0.

While I understand achievement hunting, it doesn’t reflect the difficulty of the content or give bragging rights based on difficulty. All it does is say you got that personal achievement done.

I’ll give you an example. I’ve completed all my pvp achievements from Yavin when we still had open world pvp flagging.

I did it legitimately by pvping. Now I see people achieving it by getting their friends to let stand there and let them kill them. From my perspective, that’s not a legitimate achievement, but if someone just wants to tick off something from the achievements list like it’s a shopping list, who am I too complain.

I would suggest that if people want to get any of the current achievements at the current difficulty, they get them done now because all bets are off when 6.0 drops.

Ok, that's true.

Yes he's right... partially: "...achievements, but they have never indicated to what degree the player has achieved them (i.e purchase vs self completion vs what era vs grouped/soloed..."

But the fact is that new players or players who haven't completed them yet will confrot an incrased lvl of difficulty making harder to get them.

New players won’t even know if they are harder or easier. The same as new players in 5.0 didn’t know if they were harder or easier.

Current players know there is change coming and have had plenty of advance warning to get things done before 6.0. There are still 2 1/2 weeks to complete them if they want them before the changes or them being locked or removed entirely (which has also happened in the past).

New players won’t even know if they are harder or easier. The same as new players in 5.0 didn’t know if they were harder or easier.

Current players know there is change coming and have had plenty of advance warning to get things done before 6.0. There are still 2 1/2 weeks to complete them if they want them before the changes or them being locked or removed entirely (which has also happened in the past).

Agree. Absolutely reasonable.

It won't matter a whit. If the storyline/content sucks as much as Kotet/Kofte did, then they will leave. Just as three quarters of the player base has left since 2.0 If the dev team responsible for the fiasco that is the 'fallen empire' story are behind or in any way involved with 6.0, then it will all fail. HORRIBLY. The gearing, play changes, crafting is all window dressing. What really matters to most hardcore players is raiding, and content to play with your alts and friends. When it stops being fun (which was two days after chapter one of kotet was released), then the fecal matter will interact with an air circulation device.

Yes it really matters, because in any case it will be unfair since the players who get them from 6.0 will confront an increased level of difficulty.

It's never been "fair." If you get the achievement there's no way of differentiating if you soloed it yesterday, back before Level Sync when it was easier to solo, or if you went in with a full flashpoint group that carried you the entire way while your toon died ten times.

TBH that is the least of my concerns. Soloing the veteran flashpoints has been a way for solo players to challenge themselves and to see content that is otherwise closed off to us. I'm disappointed to lose that.

It's never been "fair." If you get the achievement there's no way of differentiating if you soloed it yesterday, back before Level Sync when it was easier to solo, or if you went in with a full flashpoint group that carried you the entire way while your toon died ten times.

TBH that is the least of my concerns. Soloing the veteran flashpoints has been a way for solo players to challenge themselves and to see content that is otherwise closed off to us. I'm disappointed to lose that.

TBH... I don't think that the "challenge" for solo players will be a problem any longer.

While it may be true that some do fault "solo" players for the current difficulties of the game … some still agree that it's long over due for some changes to be made: to a more "challenging" level of difficulty straight across the board.

IMO... from what I've seen first hand outside of the "basic dailies" change is coming.

Edited by OlBuzzard

This is an innate part of the game. It changes. People in 230 gear had a more difficult time beating master mode KOTET chapters than those that tried after upgrading to 258 gear, too. Different eras, but was never judged and wasnt considered unfair. I guess I dont see the point you're trying to make.

As I read it you're comparing real life to a video game. The "same type of opportunities, rules, economies, etc" comment is what baffles me.

By that logic you should either be put in jail / executed when you go around killing random npc's / civilians in game....because that's what happens in real life. For the game to mimic real life, the consequences have to be the same, or at least similar. they aren't.

I'll give you just one example of where the game is nothing like real life.

You can create your character from any specific starter planet. You can control gender, appearance, which faction you belong to.

In life, that's 100% RNG

It appears you made the decision to focus on everything you wanted to in order to make your point, but unfortunately chose to discredit the key part of my statement indicating "same type." It is not, and never will, but an exact replica of life, and therefore I never said that. Swtor, however, does have its own set of rules, economies, worlds, social interests, tasks, jobs/fun (relative to whom you speak), etc. They are not identical, but similarly implemented. Back to the original context of gambling, despite all the coding in a video game, there is still a dynamic part in their updates , but more frequently in the actions of other players within the game. Im not guaranteed to make it past my white picket fence to hug my kids as they step off the school bus, just as im not guaranteed my pug group will stay together long enough to finish the daily ops within my limited play time frame. The consequences of RL can obviously be more detrimental, but there are still consequences applied to actions in both RL and swtor. Time is also included, as it is similarly spent, and if we are completely honest with ourselves, it competes between RL and gaming. Swtor, the sims, many (if not most) are an alternate life for the player. From flight sims to being a warrior in hell to living the life of a plumber who eats mushrooms. They mimic a possible life, in essence.

I'll mention WoW for you.

Chances of me going back to WoW are significantly less than my Sub being renewed once SWTOR 6.0 Drops.

And on current build the chance of that is zero.

All The Best

Nailed it !!

IMO: It's not being a "naysayer" for responding to the request for customer feed back .. free customer testing (which BTW.. takes up space on my HD and is NOT easily removed) … and out right pleas from some of the best players on this forum ( no.. that's not me ) … There are several of you that are unquestionably very good at what you do. I can tell with some of the detailed information you provide !

Yes it's true that on some subjects opinions will vary ! However please note that on the following subjects the final resolutions to many issues have not been addressed. If a "proper resolution" is not reached on each subject then the rate of dissatisfaction within the customer base will go up substantially. Those subjects are (in my opinion)

1. PvP (there are a host of issues that players have been begging to be addressed for months (if not years )

2. Gear acquisition: RNG... which BTW is not the only issue

3. Crafting … seemed to develop a few issues before 6.0 … but for those who are deeply involved are facing some staggering changes. Most of those changes are not good at all ! Those who do crafting are as general rule VERY upset and concerned. (As they should be)

This list is in no way extensive.

As for WoW: seriously ?? NO thanks !!

I never really bought into WOW. I played for a bit because RL friends played and I wanted to run stuff with them. My max level was 40, back in the early "vanilla" days...and haven't touched it since.

It’s a game you either love or hate. Once the addiction hits, it’s got you until you break it. I broke mine when swtor was released because it was Star Wars and I’m a massive Star Wars nerd.

I have another friend who is an even bigger SW nerd than me. He even built his own life size and fully mechanical R2-D2 that he gets paid to take to conventions. He has full Imperial Officer outfit and a Tie Fighter pilot outfit with helmet that was from the guy who made them originally for Lucas.

But sadly, he and his wife have been so addicted to WoW since launch (actual gaming addition) that they cannot break away to give swtor or any other game a chance. They’ve had their son playing WoW since he was 4 so he’s probably now addicted as well seeing as he is now 8 or 9.

It’s a game you either love or hate. Once the addiction hits, it’s got you until you break it. I broke mine when swtor was released because it was Star Wars and I’m a massive Star Wars nerd.

I have another friend who is an even bigger SW nerd than me. He even built his own life size and fully mechanical R2-D2 that he gets paid to take to conventions. He has full Imperial Officer outfit and a Tie Fighter pilot outfit with helmet that was from the guy who made them originally for Lucas.

But sadly, he and his wife have been so addicted to WoW since launch (actual gaming addition) that they cannot break away to give swtor or any other game a chance. They’ve had their son playing WoW since he was 4 so he’s probably now addicted as well seeing as he is now 8 or 9.

I use to enjoy WoW quite a bit ! I especially enjoyed crafting up until Cataclysm … Seems like things kind of fell apart after that.

That was one of the reasons I came here. Frankly STO flopped ! I left there (even though I have LTS with STO). This game has been pretty good for the most part. All games go through rough spots from time to time. How those tougher times are handled seem to either better define it … or .. well.. go down hill !

I use to enjoy WoW quite a bit ! I especially enjoyed crafting up until Cataclysm … Seems like things kind of fell apart after that.

That was one of the reasons I came here. Frankly STO flopped ! I left there (even though I have LTS with STO). This game has been pretty good for the most part. All games go through rough spots from time to time. How those tougher times are handled seem to either better define it … or .. well.. go down hill !

Pandas was in Beta just after I started playing swtor. That trash was what solidified my move. I also toyed with STO (being a big Trekkie too), but space pvp was poor and the planets missions felt like an after thought, especially the mechanics. I believe STO is much better since the remake and changed company, but I can’t bring myself to try to,

Changes to level sync are going to make the game as a whole more difficult. Changes to companion healing are going to make the game more difficult.

From what I've seen on PTS - not really. More tedious and boring, yes. More difficult - not really. You may need to pop a dcd once in a while. Or use a self-heal. Same old fight you already did million times will take like 15-20% longer because you need to hit the mob a few more times. That's pretty much what changes regarding companion healing and level sync.

I am a bit confused on why you are arguing over achievements?

I can solo Vet Hammer Station bosses just fine. Live or PTS.

Achievements are dated so you can know exactly when the achievement was made and then see if it was 1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 or 6.0 era.

Achievements for me are a check mark of what I have done and what I still need to do. Whether it is hard or not I really don't care. I know if it was hard or whether it was easy, or whether it was just cheesed.

6.0 now I would rather not and say we did. Crafting will be dead. Unbalance will kill what is left of pvp. Level sync of all older content will kill any raiding guilds that want to progress for those hard to earn wins. I remember no one playing low level operations. I loved watching people solo world bosses. I loved nearly dying with full groups against world bosses. I loved world pvp with 1 frame rate.

From what I've seen on PTS - not really. More tedious and boring, yes. More difficult - not really. You may need to pop a dcd once in a while. Or use a self-heal. Same old fight you already did million times will take like 15-20% longer because you need to hit the mob a few more times. That's pretty much what changes regarding companion healing and level sync.

How much testing and what content did you do so we can have a context for you post.

I’ve tested many things and the game will be exceedingly more difficult in some areas if Bioware don’t fix the balance in time.

Other areas are difficult, but not so much that they break the game. And healing comps have been nerfed and in certain cases cannot not keep up with healing like they use to. Remember, not all classes have self heal of a combat breaker (Mara’s for instance)

There are some areas that just feel more balanced because mobs aren’t instant kills, which just take a bit longer to kill, but not much.

The biggest issue is when you have more than a few in an area that you can’t singly pull and you get 5-10 at once. With their slight increase in damage and health, that many trash mobs can now kill you and hit harder than a boss.

Surprisingly, most of the Gold Star and White Star mobs mobs feel about the same.

White Star bosses have more health and are harder to kill, but don’t seem to do much more damage. It comes down to an endurance fight on who dies first and if your healer can keep up and your DCDs last long enough.

There are even some story mode chapter that NiM Ops guys can’t get past on the PTS3. These should be fixed before launch if Bioware get time and have listened properly.

5 mins testing on the pts isn’t near enough to see it all or make a claim that it won’t be harder. I’ve done about 30+ hours (probably more than 40) and even I can’t see it all.

The game across the board is definitely going to be harder in all areas. To what extent is still being sorted out with pts balance testing and feed back. Some areas will now require a group, where before you could solo it.

Comp healers have taken a nerf, but should be fine in ordinary content and SM (once they fix the balance issues). You will only feel it when you are doing more difficult content.

Sorry to be sceptical, but I doubt you can do that on pts 3. On pts 2 you could definitely do it. And even if you can miraculously get past that first big group of trash mobs with 2 gold droids, I doubt more than the very top 1% of the games players could. At least as it’s set at moment, which may change before it goes live.

Sorry to be sceptical, but I doubt you can do that on pts 3. On pts 2 you could definitely do it. And even if you can miraculously get past that first big group of trash mobs with 2 gold droids, I doubt more than the very top 1% of the games players could. At least as it’s set at moment, which may change before it goes live.

Well maybe that's how it should be when it comes to soloing group content. People will have different opinions on that of course but personally I'm not a fan of group content being so easy you can solo it quite easily as well.

When did you try it last time on the PTS? I have the strong feeling that your message is outdated (phase 2). Please try again on the PTS now.

Well maybe that's how it should be when it comes to soloing group content. People will have different opinions on that of course but personally I'm not a fan of group content being so easy you can solo it quite easily as well.

Yes, that's a fair point. But it misses the topic in this case. Someone claimed to easily solo vet HS on PTS. This is what Trixxie commented on. And me, too.

Edited by JattaGin

Yes, that's a fair point. But it misses the topic in this case. Someone claimed to easily solo vet HS on PTS. This is what Trixxie commented on. And me, too.

He said he can do it just fine. That's not the same as easily. In the end people are complaining that it's extremely hard to do with build 3. Trixxie acknowledged that maybe 1% of people can do this so that's what I was replying to, that that's perhaps a good thing, at least in my view. So I don't really see how I missed the topic there.

People claim all sorts of things on the internet. It's not like he's going to prove he did it.

Edited by Tsillah

Yeah, after Cataclysm Crafters needed to start doing Raids to get basic crafting gear.

I know, quite literally, close on a hundred Crafters who quit when that crap started creeping into WoW.

Which makes me wonder what Bioware Devs are smoking if they thing that crap will work here.

All The Best