Unscheduled Maintenance - August 20th

EricMusco

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Metrics, communications between players in games (even PM's can be viewed), and any other data there was and how well the exploit is known to EA after releasing the patch.

They have all that data in hand quite clearly based on this and previous exploits.

No, I think Sarova meant "How do *players* even discover them?". I may be wrong.

No, I think Sarova meant "How do *players* even discover them?". I may be wrong.

in that case, i don't know and quite honestly i don't want to know. I'd rather stay on the right side of the rules regarding such behavior.

Edited by Celise

Might want to check Darth Malgus Imperial Fleet Chat over the half hour before the downtime too. People actually asking how to do the exploit. Ban them all!

it may have prompted the unscheduled downtime for exactly that reason. if that is the case, EA are well aware of the exploit and monitoring how many times it was used.

Oh gods...

I'm just *really* glad all 30+ alts weren't selling 100 items each like they were last week, lol. Only 10-15? :p

Thanks for the update -- and glad you found it quickly!

Edited by Naraana

Hey everyone,

We are going to be bringing all SWTOR servers offline for a quick maintenance. We expect to be down for approximately one hour. This maintenance is to address an in-game exploit. As a part of what we are doing during this maintenance, players will find that all of their GTN sales have been expired. Once we come back online you will find any GTN sales that you had waiting for you in your mailbox.

With the exploit resolved, we will be conducting a thorough investigation of what has occurred. Once we have completed our review, we'll let you know the status and the actions we have taken.

-eric

For whatever it's worth... much appreciated ! I'm quite certain that sorting this out is a really bad time right now !!

Best of luck !!

Might want to check Darth Malgus Imperial Fleet Chat over the half hour before the downtime too. People actually asking how to do the exploit. Ban them all!

If you're dense enough to ask how to cheat in game chat channels, in this day and age, you absolutely get what's coming to you. Let the ban hammer smite.

It didn't say how to exploit, silly human, it said someone was duping dyes and it's been going on for weeks.

ahh ok ... and seriously, weeks?!

I find that very hard to believe it wasn't noticed for weeks.

But anyways, i suppose it's all moot now yep.

I've figured that it's better to hang onto Items that I got from Cartel Market Packs that were either repeats or items that I didn't want and see if any of my friends would like to have them instead. Usually I just give them the item(s) in trade and call it even. It's great to help out friends, right?

Again, maintenance without warning and not planned, out of nowhere for a minor problem at a critical time for European servers (9 PM) UTC + 1 / UTC + 0.

I've discussed this with people in my guild and the server in general, and we're fed up.

If Onslaught extension does not meet our expectations it is clear that many players will stop their subscription, and the case today only aggravates the situation. Please think about it.