'The Dantooine Incursion' Game Update 5.10.3!

DanielSteed

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!

Game Update 5.10.3 ‘The Dantooine Incursion’ has been announced! With this update we will be introducing a new recurring in-game event that will take place on the new planet Dantooine. In the future there will be a more in-depth article explaining how the in-game event will work, the rewards, and specifics involving Dantooine itself. The announcement article can be found here: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190404

Was my very first thread here alluding to this reveal or was I just making a dumb joke? Who knows. :rak_03:

''I'm Dan, Like Dantooine, but the Tooine is Silent ''

WAIT!... They Named A Planet After YOU!!!!!

Goddamit Dan! :p

But for real there better be a PvP component to this Event (since Gree got butchered, RIP).

(Btw I hope there's going to be more at the SWCC Cantina then just details about this event...)

No need for the blasphemy. Anyhow, Dantooine should be a welcomed addition to the planet / event roster and I'm definitely looking forward to this new content no doubt. Hmmm, this should be reminiscent of the KOTOR days a bit.

Like the planet, like the idea but:

Why limited like relics of gree. Why not make it there all the time. Of course I like to know how they will rotate a planet. If they are just going to rotate the event, then great so we can visit the planet anytime but from what what is said at the top it seems to say limited time.

Edit: And make sure the planet is purple! It was purple in SWG so it better be purple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I think you will probably be allowed to visit anytime. The same as you can visit the free area when the even isn’t on.

an event that's all you can come up with?

over in ffxiv an event is just a minor patch that takes two weeks at most.

They use a much better game engine and tools to build their content. Probably takes 1/10th the time to make than using the hero engine.

Hello everyone!

Game Update 5.10.3 ‘The Dantooine Incursion’ has been announced! With this update we will be introducing a new recurring in-game event that will take place on the new planet Dantooine. In the future there will be a more in-depth article explaining how the in-game event will work, the rewards, and specifics involving Dantooine itself. The announcement article can be found here: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190404

Was my very first thread here alluding to this reveal or was I just making a dumb joke? Who knows. :rak_03:

Yes, yes, yes! My favourite planet... finally!

Please make Dantooine a full big planet like Nar Shaddaa / Tatooine size. Waited since swtor started for that :p

Just planet must have this music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3bJgzima8

Edited by tummiswtor

Even though it's just a event I'm looking forward to re-visiting Dantooine and see how much has changed:D

an event that's all you can come up with?

over in ffxiv an event is just a minor patch that takes two weeks at most.

Then go play FFXIV:rak_01:

Edited by FlameYOL

I'm looking forward to seeing SWTOR's version of Dantooine. Not sure about it being an event (limited access?) and another war-torn planet (have lots of those already, don't we?).

I wouldn't expect it to be purple. It will probably look like KOTOR 1 & 2, only beat to hell with mortar damage all over the place...

Would be an appropriate place for Zenith to come back... but who cares about him? Not sure about Kira and Scourge... it probably depends on what kind of story will come with this. I think they said they wanted to give Kira and Scourge extra attention and if it's an event it will most likely be limited access, so they might not fit in here. It would be cool if they did come back, though.

This is certainly not what I expected when they said they were releasing a new event. Hopefully it will be good.

Yes, yes, yes! My favourite planet... finally!

Please make Dantooine a full big planet like Nar Shaddaa / Tatooine size. Waited since swtor started for that :p

Just planet must have this music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3bJgzima8

Dont hold your breath. With most of team working to fix trashem, i mean anthem, i highly doubt we're gonna get a huge planet. Its gonna be a miracle, if they can pull off medium size, like rishi.

Hello everyone!

Can't fool me. I predicted Dantooine since the PTS of the update Jedi Under Siege. The huge focus on agriculture and farming are too specific and pin pointed to be anything else. Especially the final dialog between your player character and that crocodile looking alien guy.

Nothing ever posted on these forums, twitter etc by you or other staff members is whimsical. Everything contributed is methodical and thought out. Your comment about Dantooine in your introductory post put the nail in the coffin.. planet? and confirmed my suspicions. It was no joke :)

I love all the great work you guys are doing, keep it up

Edited by Pacram

Will it reflect any of our prior pirate grinding on Rishi?

Will this contribute to 252/258 gearing?

Will there be a new reputation track?

Will there be a new conquest event tied to it?

10charactwers

Edited by MandFlurry

Will it reflect any of our prior pirate grinding on Rishi?

Will this contribute to 252/258 gearing?

Will there be a new reputation track?

Will there be a new conquest event tied to it?

Thats what i was wondering?

As for SWG, does anyone know it is still around?? A lot of people do play it at different times.

I would like a Dantooine full plenet with a good amount of it to have rich KOTOR kore and stuff from SWG as well, but i don't know if they would do that. Ooooh, Player cities to :)

Edited by MandFlurry

:eek: Wow. I had given up hope of a new event being created and added to the rotation. The concept art looks cool, the screenshot Kid Lee posted looks beautiful, and since this has been announced already, I'm assuming this means there must be even more good news on the horizon with the Celebration next week, right?

I haven't been this excited about new swtor content in years. Other than gearing, Ossus has been fantastic, really on par with and in some ways surpassing Oricon and SoR. I can't wait to finally set foot on Dantooine, and to finally play through a new event!

Edited by Azerdayne

So is it gonna be like Ilum with a story and an occasional event?

According to the dev post, it's an event. Nothing more, nothing less. Lower your expectations, it should by now be clear to everyone that they can only produce one thing at a time and what they state is what we get. There is nothing to read between the lines of any Swtor news since 5.0. Everything is exactly as they state upfront.