SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower

Ylliarus

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were definitely good elements in that continuity. You'll always find me praising the Dark Empire comics, the Thrawn trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn duology. But for example the entire Yuuzhan Vong war and arc? I absolutely hated it and I am happy it's no longer part of the canon.

I guess it comes down to personal preferences, but the current continuity after Return of the Jedi feels like it's less chaotic and all over the place. It feels more streamlined. Although I will admit that -had it been up to me - everything from TFA forward would have been different. I'd have preferred if they made a movie adaptation of the Thrawn trilogy or went about the sequel trilogy more creatively. Still, in all honesty, I do enjoy TFA and TLJ a lot more than I did the Yuuzhan Vong arc :p

Fair enough, entertainment is very subjective after all. I do prefer the NJO and it's following series, especially the legacy comics. However I do respect your preferences! I myself hated TFA but enjoyed TLJ.

Also excellent work on reaching 3k, let's keep going!

Nice work, keep it up! :)

My belief is that Bioware would be more than happy to devote more resources to the game if given the chance, so its EA than you need to convince. EA is a cautious company that really only cares about maximizing return for its investors, and we've seen them back-pedal on things (ie: the whole loot-crate thing in Battlefront) when public opinion is against them.

I've seen a few threads and comments around here re: Anthem and how its sucking up money that could be spent on this game. People are going to "take a stand" and boycott it, which I think is a completely backwards way of thinking about it. The money has already been spent - if Anthem does badly, EA might just close Austin down, which would absolutely be the end of swtor.

EA doesn't care about individual gamers. It does care about gamers as an aggregate, or rather our aggregated wallets. ;)

If Anthem fails EA may close down BioWare but if it succeeds, future resource investment will go towards Anthem and more generic mass market loot box cash grabs like it and not towards SWtOR or any other single player RPG.

If Anthem fails EA may close down BioWare but if it succeeds, future resource investment will go towards Anthem and more generic mass market loot box cash grabs like it and not towards SWtOR or any other single player RPG.

Or maybe a successful Anthem will mean BWA gets to continue existing, and swtor gets more attention. That's the outcome I'm choosing to hope for :)

Or maybe a successful Anthem will mean BWA gets to continue existing, and swtor gets more attention. That's the outcome I'm choosing to hope for :)

Same here tbh! I even think Anthem and SWTOR should tie marketing together. Don't have a clear idea how that would work but I am sure people over at Bioware would be able to come up with something clever.

Signed. I think we need to show this to bloggers and guys who make content for this game.

It's already been shown to several of them! Off the top of my head SWTOR Central, Vulkk, Bad Feeling Podcast, Boomy Nation, Aviiria, The Council all shared the petition with their communities, but a few of them have no interest in sharing the petition or signing it sadly. I guess their "we're here for you, the fans" only goes up to a point.

:) I've signed. I hope it gets its momentum back or atleast more attention then its been getting. The dynamic stories, Play how you like the story will change, characters that do have backstories and independent personalities (Like people really do), Mostly familiar places we can see in the movies. More then the other games, a depth you can only get from a "Story based game", SWTOR.

:) I've signed. I hope it gets its momentum back or atleast more attention then its been getting. The dynamic stories, Play how you like the story will change, characters that do have backstories and independent personalities (Like people really do), Mostly familiar places we can see in the movies. More then the other games, a depth you can only get from a "Story based game", SWTOR.

I absolutely agree with you! SWTOR has such a treasure trove of Star Wars stories that it's simply a shame it doesn't get more attention. Especially from Disney, I know they work mainly on their own canon right now but letting SWTOR's narrative going to waste is a huge pity.

When fixes end up breaking more than fixing, there's some serious issues going on with this game internally. I feel bad for it honestly.

This petition and what it asks for seems more than ever necessary if this game has any chance to hold onto what population it has now before more people jump ship.

I hate using the word "deserve" because it rarely is appropriate, but truly SWTOR does deserve better than what hand it's been given.

I have no idea what SWTOR did to whoever makes resources available for game development at BW/EA, but whatever it was it had to be something tremendously awful to be left in this state of total chaos and neglect.

When fixes end up breaking more than fixing, there's some serious issues going on with this game internally. I feel bad for it honestly.

This petition and what it asks for seems more than ever necessary if this game has any chance to hold onto what population it has now before more people jump ship.

I hate using the word "deserve" because it rarely is appropriate, but truly SWTOR does deserve better than what hand it's been given.

I have no idea what SWTOR did to whoever makes resources available for game development at BW/EA, but whatever it was it had to be something tremendously awful to be left in this state of total chaos and neglect.

It mainly comes down to manpower I think. The team, I imagine, is very small and so they have to prioritise which bugs need fixing fast and which can be left in until it can be fixed at a later date. Which is why I believe an increase in manpower would do the game good, because SWTOR just needs a bigger team working on it. More hands on deck means that more can be done, more can be fixed.

I signed it too. But by all my honesty - i give SWTOR the last Chance for the Upcomming Expansion with 6.0. Lets see how good it will be. I dont think the Story will let us down. As far es i know it will not be Gatet or Something like that - but i fear that Bioware will let us down again with Group-Content (MMO) and when this happend i turn my back to SWTOR. I waitet 7 years and im not willing to wait again 5 for a Game what has the Name Star Wars in it and dont get propper Developers, Manpower, Budget and Co. After that; No chance anymore from me. It must chance so much for the Game:confused: Sorry little Offtopic:rak_grin: Edited by Kampflerk

I signed it too. But by all my honesty - i give SWTOR the last Chance for the Upcomming Expansion with 6.0. Lets see how good it will be. I dont think the Story will let us down. As far es i know it will not be Gatet or Something like that - but i fear that Bioware will let us down again with Group-Content (MMO) and when this happend i turn my back to SWTOR. I waitet 7 years and im not willing to wait again 5 for a Game what has the Name Star Wars in it and dont get propper Developers, Manpower, Budget and Co. After that; No chance anymore from me. It must chance so much for the Game:confused: Sorry little Offtopic:rak_grin:

Personally I am not too bothered by the lack of PvE content, since I am mainly a story player. But we aren't getting much of that either lately so we're all in the same boat here xD besides, raiders have waited longer for new content than story players did, so all the players - be it pve, pvp or story/rp - should be in solidarity with one another.

To go somewhat off topic however, these last few days I have been contemplating the words of the title of this thread "deserves" in particular. The stunt the devs pulled with the monumental crystal adding YET ANOTHER grind layer on top of what we already had is preposterous in my opinion. I am frankly baffled at how blatantly uncaringly they cast aside all the feedback from the last few months about the gear grind and thought "yes, we'll add in even more of that crap".

I am frankly baffled at how blatantly uncaringly they cast aside all the feedback from the last few months about the gear grind and thought "yes, we'll add in even more of that crap".

I really try to avoid the use of the word "deserve," but in the case of this game I think it's fine. It's more when talking about people that it rubs me the wrong way. Only in extreme situations do I think the word should be applied to people other than children.

This game is the product of so many artists that it's not really just a game anymore, it's really an epic piece of art in my mind. Sadly, this piece of art has been left to rot though.

It's like letting The Statue of Liberty sink into the ocean as a rusted piece of junk instead of keeping it in good form as it deserves. The Statue of Liberty does deserve to be kept upright and beautiful, it would be a travesty to let it go to waste which is what is happening to this game.

I realize most people would never equate a game to The Statue of Liberty, maybe it's a bit hyperbolic but you get my meaning I am sure. :)

Edited by Lhancelot