SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower

Ylliarus

If you truly believe there is something like "an actual Star Wars fan" then I am really sorry to hear that. What validates you being a Star Wars fan more than someone else?

ROFL I love elitist fans.

It wasn't until recently in the last 10 years or so I really started hearing this type of bemoaning. "Ohhh, how dare some lowly cretin find my one true love Star Wars as wonderful and beautiful as I! Tis impossible, for I found Star Wars first!" What garbage.

It's the same for musicians now too. Just peruse the comment sections of different bands and artists, the same thing goes on there especially when the artist has died like Lil Peep or other rap stars. Tons of the fans that supposedly listened to him before he died love to say they are "real fans" because they listened to him before he died. When did becoming a fan of something require that you began listening or watching them before a certain date?

Star Wars, music, etc. All of these forms of art have no expiration date on fandom. Hence young people easily are fans of Jimi Hendrix yet he died in the 70s. I began watching Star Wars literally when the first movie was made, seen it in the theater as a child. Does that make me a real fan, and others less of fans because they were born in the 80s-90s? No it does not.

How many have signed the petition now? :p

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Disney, Star Was is losing money. The films are bad and they cannot give away the merchandise. I know no one is buying the Star Wars themeed flash drives from Office Depot where I work.

If SWTOR is still making money its in Disney's interest to not only keep it going but to expand it.

Signed.

Though I wonder if deserves is the right word. Needs for sure, would love to see definitely, but deserves. After the last 20 months of bad story telling, summer of pvp, Keiths desire to focus on Master Mode and operational content that the team has stated is only played by a very small number of people, bugs and ambiguous gear grinds. Will 6.0 turn 5.10 gear into junk? who knows. So not sure if deserves is right, giving Keith more money, would that just see more gear grinds and more content focusing on the Master Mode community, of what maybe 5% of the player base.

If the game has lost players in the last 2 years that is down to one mans dream, people love to bash Irvin for saying rng is exciting but the level of content and communication he put out in comparison was staggering. Every month they did a show, yes most the information was old but at least he was there, taking the comments.

Speaking just to one point, mainly for clarification:

If SWTOR is still making money its in Disney's interest to not only keep it going but to expand it.

Currently the money being taken in by SWTOR would not benefit Disney in any way. The license contract alone with EA is what does that but that's already baked in as a static cost. The SWTOR revenue stream would be for the Bioware cost center. Which is only one of the cost centers that EA maintains, of course. Even if it was the case that Disney had more direct revenue generation from SWTOR, the question isn't necessarily just whether something is "still making money." The question is always whether the money it makes is worth the cost it incurs.

If expenses ultimately are greater than revenue, and if forecasts for expansion do not suggest a change to that trend, expansion would not be a wise business move.

To the point of "According to Disney, Star Was is losing money," that's true but it's also important to note that all partner brands segments were down, most notably Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen to name but a few that were reported. (For those who like to wade through numbers, consider the 10-Q from early 2018. It shows some of the trends that had continued even from 2017.)

Edited by Kryptonomic

Speaking just to one point, mainly for clarification:

Currently the money being taken in by SWTOR would not benefit Disney in any way. The license contract alone with EA is what does that but that's already baked in as a static cost. The SWTOR revenue stream would be for the Bioware cost center. Which is only one of the cost centers that EA maintains, of course. Even if it was the case that Disney had more direct revenue generation from SWTOR, the question isn't necessarily just whether something is "still making money." The question is always whether the money it makes is worth the cost it incurs.

If expenses ultimately are greater than revenue, and if forecasts for expansion do not suggest a change to that trend, expansion would not be a wise business move.

To the point of "According to Disney, Star Was is losing money," that's true but it's also important to note that all partner brands segments were down, most notably Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen to name but a few that were reported. (For those who like to wade through numbers, consider the 10-Q from early 2018. It shows some of the trends that had continued even from 2017.)

Krypto, do you think a petition of this kind can have any positive impact on this game, or on EA/BW in anyway? Just curious what your take on this petition is. Also, glad to see you weren't one of the ones recently hit with the banhammer on the forums, I was worried. :D

Signed.

Though I wonder if deserves is the right word. Needs for sure, would love to see definitely, but deserves. After the last 20 months of bad story telling, summer of pvp, Keiths desire to focus on Master Mode and operational content that the team has stated is only played by a very small number of people, bugs and ambiguous gear grinds. Will 6.0 turn 5.10 gear into junk? who knows. So not sure if deserves is right, giving Keith more money, would that just see more gear grinds and more content focusing on the Master Mode community, of what maybe 5% of the player base.

If the game has lost players in the last 2 years that is down to one mans dream, people love to bash Irvin for saying rng is exciting but the level of content and communication he put out in comparison was staggering. Every month they did a show, yes most the information was old but at least he was there, taking the comments.

But that's the thing, I don't see it as giving Keith money. Sure, he may be the head of it all but there are still other elements in the dev team that could benefit from an increase in funding and manpower, like Charles Boyd (who is an absolutely wonderful guy).

I will admit however that I had hoped Keith would bring the game into a new era. There were promises of more communication but that has gone down to the bare minimum if not less. Keith is rarely seen interacting on the forums and the amount of livestreams has dropped significantly as well. It's a huge pity :(

I kinda hope Charles Boyd will one day succeed Keith, I'd really love to see that happen. He loves the franchise so much, knows so incredibly much about it and is just really cool!

Edited by Ylliarus

Funny, everything you just said is wrong, to quote Luke Skywalker from The Last Jedi.

You could have skipped everything you said afterwards, because quoting from that movie is probably the most likely thing to enrage him. When people say 'true fans of Star Wars' etc it's code for people who hate the new movies, in particular TLJ.

That's not a criticism of your point btw. If you made that reference knowing the effect it would have, that's even better imo.

ROFL I love elitist fans.

It wasn't until recently in the last 10 years or so I really started hearing this type of bemoaning. "Ohhh, how dare some lowly cretin find my one true love Star Wars as wonderful and beautiful as I! Tis impossible, for I found Star Wars first!" What garbage.

[...]

Star Wars, music, etc. All of these forms of art have no expiration date on fandom. Hence young people easily are fans of Jimi Hendrix yet he died in the 70s. I began watching Star Wars literally when the first movie was made, seen it in the theater as a child. Does that make me a real fan, and others less of fans because they were born in the 80s-90s? No it does not.

There's a related point about the idea that some fans [like this guy] seem to think that Star Wars is some kind of niche fandom that requires No True Scotsman fallacies to build up the idea of a select few who love this IP. I'm reminded of Ernest Cline's Armada, where the main character falls in love with the LI on the basis that she's a Star Wars fan, even though they're eating lunch in a starfighter hangar surrounded by sci-fi junkies who are essentially LARPing an X-Wing simulation. The scene [and the book itself] is not meant to be taken ironically, instead readers are supposed to share this 'touching' moment of two star wars fans meeting in a crowd, as if there aren't like millions of fans and a zillion dollar merchandising industry built up around this stuff.

Edited by Ardrossan

You could have skipped everything you said afterwards, because quoting from that movie is probably the most likely thing to enrage him. When people say 'true fans of Star Wars' etc it's code for people who hate the new movies, in particular TLJ.

Let me put it this way: you will rarely find me saying something without some deliberation beforehand ;)

There's a related point about the idea that some fans [like this guy] seem to think that Star Wars is some kind of niche fandom that requires No True Scotsman fallacies to build up the idea of a select few who love this IP. I'm reminded of Ernest Cline's Armada, where the main character falls in love with the LI on the basis that she's a Star Wars fan, even though they're eating lunch in a starfighter hangar surrounded by sci-fi junkies who are essentially LARPing an X-Wing simulation. The scene [and the book itself] is not meant to be taken ironically, instead readers are supposed to share this 'touching' moment of two star wars fans meeting in a crowd, as if there aren't like millions of fans and a zillion dollar merchandising industry built up around this stuff.

Sadly there are a lot of Star Wars fans who sacredly believe their niche vision on the franchise is the only viable one and everything outside of it is a vile plague. But the thing with their mentality is that they are the toxic part of the entire fandom. They aren't any better than the movie-goers, they aren't any better because they have read all the comics, all the books or all the Legends content.

Besides, if Star Wars were to be directed by this type of fan, the franchise would die very quickly. Why? Because they'd make such niche content that only a select few would understand what it's about. They'd turn Star Wars into something the casual fan would turn away from. It's why I am very happy they're not the ones in charge of the franchise, because they'd cause the end of Star Wars.

The sad thing is, they have no idea how damaging their "better" vision of Star Wars would be for the franchise.

Edited by Ylliarus

It's the same for musicians now too. Just peruse the comment sections of different bands and artists, the same thing goes on there especially when the artist has died like Lil Peep or other rap stars. Tons of the fans that supposedly listened to him before he died love to say they are "real fans" because they listened to him before he died. When did becoming a fan of something require that you began listening or watching them before a certain date?

We have found a point upon which we absolutely 100% agree!

It does not matter if someone started being a Star Wars fan in the 70s, 80s or 90s. It doesn't matter if a fan of the franchise grew up during the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy or now in the sequel trilogy. If someone loves Star Wars, they are a valid and true fan. No amount of books or comics read, games played or movies watched can change that. If you love Star Wars, you love Star Wars, simple and easy.

Have you reread the original Thrawn trilogy 15 times and own the original copies of when they came out? Great! But that person is not a truer fan than someone who has only all the movies on DVD or Blu-ray. There is no measure that tells you how good or how much a Star Wars fan you are.

How many have signed the petition now? :p

We are currently at 771 signatures and the amount keeps going up :D

Edited by Ylliarus

They aren't any better than the movie-goers, they aren't any better because they have read all the comics, all the books or all the Legends content.

I wouldn't say they're better, but if they really did consume ALL the Legends content, they have a truly astounding tolerance for third-rate crap. There are books in Legends that would revolt the most devoted Stephanie Meyer fan, and tv movies [like the Ewok ones] that make Allegiant look like a masterpiece in comparison.

I wouldn't say they're better, but if they really did consume ALL the Legends content, they have a truly astounding tolerance for third-rate crap. There are books in Legends that would revolt the most devoted Stephanie Meyer fan, and tv movies [like the Ewok ones] that make Allegiant look like a masterpiece in comparison.

*Tries desperately to not think about Dawn of the Jedi: Into The Void* God, I hated that one...

I do get what you're saying, while there are great gems out there like the Thrawn trilogy or the Hand of Thrawn books, Plagueis, the TOR books or the Bane trilogy... there are enough badly, badly, badly rotten apples out there in Legends.

Edited by Ylliarus

Website needs an update, community section stats 2017/2016 articles etc.

While SWTOR is an older game, there has been some interest recently, But I do not think it will be a game that suddenly gets a massive in flux in new players, but a little promotion and interest hasnt hurt.

Likely with the new stuff happening this year, we could see a real push later in 2019

*Tries desperately to not think about Dawn of the Jedi: Into The Void* God, I hated that one...

I do get what you're saying, while there are great gems out there like the Thrawn trilogy or the Hand of Thrawn books, Plagueis, the TOR books or the Bane trilogy... there are enough badly, badly, badly rotten apples out there in Legends.

This is off-topic, but I thought the TOR books were all pretty dreadful. Revan, in particular, might have been the worst star wars novel written in the last ten years. Dawn of the Void was bad, but in the hands of someone like Luceno, it might have been all right - it had interesting ideas. Whereas even in conception, Revan is an abominable read.

Which highlights the different tastes for different folks aspect of the IP, I suppose. Someone out there [probably more than a few] probably think Jedi Academy was the peak point of star wars novels.

EDIT: I guess the larger point here, to somewhat back on topic, is that there is something to be said for fans who obsessively read and watch everything Star Wars related, and it does set them apart. I just don't think it sets them apart in a good way. We can praise books and shows we liked - for your Plagueis, Bane, Thrawn/Hand of Thrawn, I'd offer Stover's three books, Daley's Han Solo trilogy, and Allston's run of X-Wing - and you're right, it doesn't make us better fans, but watching/reading EVERYTHING might make us worse critics.

I've heard players in this forum say they wouldn't play this game if it wasn't Star Wars. That to me is an amazing statement, because it implies they would, and likely have, watched and read and played other stuff just because it's star wars related. They'd read Crystal Star because it's in Legends, or play Super Star Wars, or write long boring textwalls on obscure star wars game forums, or watch the Holiday Special. No, I haven't seen it. I don't care that Boba Fett's in it, or it's the first appearance of Kashyyyk. I'm not a cultural historian. I don't waste my time on stuff I don't enjoy just because it's star wars, any more than I would if it was set in Faerun, or Trek, or Middle Earth.

Edited by Ardrossan

Well i heard from a person that has an inside scoop on upcoming stuff. BW just hired some new peeps to work on new content, thats good and he/she promises the future is actually looking brighter for SWTOR now, than the past 2 years. This person was very exited for just not 6.0, but beyond that. He/she said the devs got plans for the forseeable futrue and the backing to do it. So just sit back and let it flow as it comes.........

True, it is all hear say, But i take this person for good on their info. You of course can take it as you feel fit. Or let time tell the story.

Take Care & Be Well.......

According to Disney, Star Was is losing money. The films are bad and they cannot give away the merchandise. I know no one is buying the Star Wars themeed flash drives from Office Depot where I work.

Lol, no. Actually take everything in this post and reverse it. There you will find the truth. Disney is killing it with Star Wars - and faster than anyone expected.

Lol, no. Actually take everything in this post and reverse it. There you will find the truth. Disney is killing it with Star Wars - and faster than anyone expected.

That's interesting.

Article in your link says:

Disney's purchase of "Star Wars" production company Lucasfilm is proving to be one of the smartest acquisitions ever made in corporate America.

The deal, worth $4.05 billion in cash and stock, was announced Oct. 30, 2012 and marked the start of a new era in the Star Wars franchise. Disney would make back that investment and more in just a few short years. The four Star Wars feature films Disney has produced have grossed more than $4.8 billion at the box office, according to comScore.

"This was one of the smartest acquisitions in history," Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst for comScore, told CNBC.

While box office grosses are a solid measure of a film's success, they still don't tell the whole story. There are hundreds of millions of dollars of costs that come into play, along with dozens of other "Star Wars" revenue streams.

I know people lazy and don't click links sometimes, figured I would add what your article said.

I'm iffy on the concept of online petitions because to me, they just don't feel like they carry the weight of a proper Old School write in. Getting signed in ink petitions or a classic letter writing campaign'll stand out more since those physical letters in front of them show that people care enough to write out what they have to say and take the steps of getting that letter mailed out. With an online petition, someone can always argue the numbers are inflated.

I'm as Old School Star Wars fan as can be. I lost count how many times I saw the first film back before they added A New Hope to the opening crawl. The franchise has taken some tangents I've been less than thrilled about, as well as gone some tangents I absolutely adored. With this game, I've had a bizzare love/hate thing going on for years, and with all that said, I really do want to see this one do well.

As it is, it seriously needs a major overhaul. Bugs need to get fixed, decisions made need to get reevaluated since the online gaming world/community has changed since they were made. I still can't believe no one capitalized on advertising this game when the new Star Wars films came out. It's not like it was going to need anything elaborate beyond 'Here you can swing that lightsaber being awesome or be that wisecracking Smuggler'. The game engine needs some work to be anything above the 'held together by spit and wishful thinking' that it is now. While I'm not a fan of PvP, going from what I've read, that needs a major overhaul. Same goes for the starfighter missions especially when you look at the iconic fighter battles in the movies. Existing content could use a reworking as well. The playerbase and fandom are getting older. We have jobs and families to balance with our gaming time. Having content that can be flipped from group to solo allows us that freedom to game as our time allows either on our own or with groups rather than have to quit because our time's limited. I'd even be open to seeing existing content revised to accommodate choices made rather than the one size fits all we got as well as adjusted to accommodate options people have been asking for years about like Wookies as a species choice.

The player community also has to do some work as well. There is a problem with elitism here in the community as well as nerdom in general, especially when it comes to new people coming in and moreso if they're f2p to try out the game. I remember when there was some influx of new players coming in around the time The Force Awakens came out and there were people being rude to them for asking the honest questions anyone new to an MMO would ask. That behavior isn't going to encourage new players to stick around. I spent hours on both my Imperial and Republic characters showing newbies the ropes and setting them up with some gear to last them a while. Yeah, it was tiring at times having to answer the same questions over and over again, but we all had to learn in the beginning and I'd rather someone ask a question than screw up. If we can make this a more welcoming community, that will help towards keeping more people around to spend money on this game to bring in those numbers EA/Bioware can look at and see they need to throw more effort into this game.

i think there are some major problems with this petition.

at first you are just promoting the petition to swtor related pages. this will only been seen by a minority of the swtor players. but when i stopped playing swtor, i never visited one of these pages. and you missed to promote this on the german market. as EA already stated, the german market is the most important for them, even if it is smaller than the rest of the world (of course it is). maybe write an email to swtorcantina.de, the most important german page related to swtor, but nearly half dead. maybe some french guys could tell you some more pages, where you could promote it for an wider audience.

second i would disagree, that swtor is the most important scifi ip. of course star wars i a hugh trademark, but inside the scifi community it is more in a sub genre, because it is less sci than fi. still today, there are many ppl out there, just don't want to play a star wars game, because it is star wars. so don't count on the scifi community.

third the mmo genre is shrinking, also the gamestyle is a different one. and that in a way, not supporting swtor.

fourth we are having a technically hurdle to overcome. you just can't copy all the assets and scripts to a new engine, to overcome this. so it is more a question about support a dying ross, or reinventing it. so in my opinion a swtor 2.0 is the best solution for the future. and because the licence should be renewed in 2023 it would be an idea for ea, to work towards a candidate to present it to disney, by showing the ongoing support for swtor.

fifth it already was said, that change.org is a bit suspicious.

i'm totally with you, that swtor is a great game. the storytelling of the class stories is great and you have a lot to do. the lack of new content is a big problem, but many stuff is way harder to do, if you have to care that much about engine restrictions. i can find thouthands of reasons not to play swtor and dozents why you should play it. and you see, i'm a subscriber. but i'm more looking forward to a swtor2.0 than to a barely warmed swtor. we all will see, that 6.0 will be far away from our expectations.

i signed it, because hope dies last. but just with a spam-mail-account.

I'm iffy on the concept of online petitions because to me, they just don't feel like they carry the weight of a proper Old School write in. Getting signed in ink petitions or a classic letter writing campaign'll stand out more since those physical letters in front of them show that people care enough to write out what they have to say and take the steps of getting that letter mailed out. With an online petition, someone can always argue the numbers are inflated.

While I do see what you mean, it is simply not practical to do it otherwise. Currently we have 850 signatures from all across the globe. Had I wanted to achieve the same effect I would have to had booked a flight from Europe to the states, gather signatures there hoping to find some SWTOR fans. Then I'd have to fly to every single area in the world, Asia, back to Europe, etc etc to gather the signatures. I would have had to quit college for that period of time, leave my family behind for those weeks and invest an incredible amount of money in travel. In this era, online petitions can reach a lot more people, in much more remote area's.

Again, I understand what you mean, but I believe that it all rests on personal perception. You perceive paper petitions has having more credibility and value, but ask the same question to a present-day 18 years old and you'll get an entirely different answer and view. They'll perceive the paper petition as inefficient and weird to do it that way, while seeing online petitions as the normal way to go about it. Times have shifted and sadly perceptions don't shift along as easily. Though that is a completely different subject and I don't want to derail my own thread :p

i think there are some major problems with this petition.

at first you are just promoting the petition to swtor related pages. this will only been seen by a minority of the swtor players. but when i stopped playing swtor, i never visited one of these pages. and you missed to promote this on the german market. as EA already stated, the german market is the most important for them, even if it is smaller than the rest of the world (of course it is). maybe write an email to swtorcantina.de, the most important german page related to swtor, but nearly half dead. maybe some french guys could tell you some more pages, where you could promote it for an wider audience.

second i would disagree, that swtor is the most important scifi ip. of course star wars i a hugh trademark, but inside the scifi community it is more in a sub genre, because it is less sci than fi. still today, there are many ppl out there, just don't want to play a star wars game, because it is star wars. so don't count on the scifi community.

third the mmo genre is shrinking, also the gamestyle is a different one. and that in a way, not supporting swtor.

fourth we are having a technically hurdle to overcome. you just can't copy all the assets and scripts to a new engine, to overcome this. so it is more a question about support a dying ross, or reinventing it. so in my opinion a swtor 2.0 is the best solution for the future. and because the licence should be renewed in 2023 it would be an idea for ea, to work towards a candidate to present it to disney, by showing the ongoing support for swtor.

fifth it already was said, that change.org is a bit suspicious.

i'm totally with you, that swtor is a great game. the storytelling of the class stories is great and you have a lot to do. the lack of new content is a big problem, but many stuff is way harder to do, if you have to care that much about engine restrictions. i can find thouthands of reasons not to play swtor and dozents why you should play it. and you see, i'm a subscriber. but i'm more looking forward to a swtor2.0 than to a barely warmed swtor. we all will see, that 6.0 will be far away from our expectations.

i signed it, because hope dies last. but just with a spam-mail-account.

I see some misconceptions in your reply, let me correct them! :)

The petition isn't being solely promoted here, it's being promoted even more on Twitter as well. Beyond that, I have also shared it in the Discord servers I am in and the people there in turn spread it out further. I have even been told that the petition made its way to DeviantArt! On top of that, several of the Bioware Influencers (the content creators on YouTube, Twitch and such) have shared the petition as well amongst their respective communities. So I hope to believe the petition is being spread far and wide :)

Also, I didn't say it is the most important sci-fi IP, I am afraid you must have misunderstood that bit. What I said, was that, currently, SWTOR is the only Star Wars MMO out there, there are no other Star Wars MMO's active out there at the moment. It's why I believe that the game has much potential, because it sits on a huge IP, not the most important sci-fi one, but definitely one of the biggest. Because you have to admit it, Star Wars is huge and therefore a perfect platform to do stuff with.

As to the MMO genre, while it is shrinking, did it stop Bioware from producing Anthem? If they made that game and invested money into it, they have to expect it to be profitable.

As to the technical part, yes, a new engine would be great but unlikely as a scenario to occur. There is too little time to redesign SWTOR. However, that doesn't mean that the devs can't work with what they have right now. There is still a lot that could be accomplished on the current engine, despite people keep criticising it. I have read once that much of that critique is frankly unjustified.

As to change.org being suspicious, I had no idea. But I'd argue that anything these days can be suspicious, it's simply part of the age. Facebook for example, hundreds of millions of users were duped, and still people keep using Facebook. Instagram and WhatsApp are bought by Facebook and people still use those apps too. So it all comes down to perception I think.

I see some misconceptions in your reply, let me correct them! :)

The petition isn't being solely promoted here, it's being promoted even more on Twitter as well. Beyond that, I have also shared it in the Discord servers I am in and the people there in turn spread it out further. I have even been told that the petition made its way to DeviantArt! On top of that, several of the Bioware Influencers (the content creators on YouTube, Twitch and such) have shared the petition as well amongst their respective communities. So I hope to believe the petition is being spread far and wide :)

Also, I didn't say it is the most important sci-fi IP, I am afraid you must have misunderstood that bit. What I said, was that, currently, SWTOR is the only Star Wars MMO out there, there are no other Star Wars MMO's active out there at the moment. It's why I believe that the game has much potential, because it sits on a huge IP, not the most important sci-fi one, but definitely one of the biggest. Because you have to admit it, Star Wars is huge and therefore a perfect platform to do stuff with.

As to the MMO genre, while it is shrinking, did it stop Bioware from producing Anthem? If they made that game and invested money into it, they have to expect it to be profitable.

As to the technical part, yes, a new engine would be great but unlikely as a scenario to occur. There is too little time to redesign SWTOR. However, that doesn't mean that the devs can't work with what they have right now. There is still a lot that could be accomplished on the current engine, despite people keep criticising it. I have read once that much of that critique is frankly unjustified.

As to change.org being suspicious, I had no idea. But I'd argue that anything these days can be suspicious, it's simply part of the age. Facebook for example, hundreds of millions of users were duped, and still people keep using Facebook. Instagram and WhatsApp are bought by Facebook and people still use those apps too. So it all comes down to perception I think.

i think you misunderstood me.

i said, that the petition was promoted on swtor related pages. this means not swtor.com. it means pages with content about swtor. so the 2 most important pages in my mind, would be dulfy and vulkk. when i'm chatting with some of the members of guilds i'm in, more than the half don't know any of it. so just spreading it around on pages, made for swtor players, would mostly just reach them. to get an impact, you would need a wider audience. more than the actual players of swtor.

yes, you didn't wrote that stuff with the star wars ip. it was another user.

anthem has nothing to do with an mmo. it is not an open world were you can meet random ppl and decide to do stuff together or fight against each other. here you just have an social hub to see others. the rest is not open to all. and it goes in the way, ea already said some time ago. the playership just want fast action. get into the game, have some fun and get out. your friends are already in a raid? okay. so take over a free slot and when your mum calls them for lunch, get out and let the ki do the stuff. it is not an mmo. it is a rpg with a limited multiplayer-part. hugh difference.

i also don't think that swtor will get a new engine. i expect a new sw mmo. and who says, that this is not in development since some years? the majority of projects in development are not announced. also the latest sw game canceled, could be a hint, that there is a different project in the pipeline, way sooner than expected.

for me, there is a difference between your examples and change.org. but let us don't care about anymore. i'm with you, that we all are sharing our information freely every day. even just by walking through the cities with our cellphones in the pocket.

and i don't want to criticise your intention of doing something for the project, and i support it doing so, but told my opinion about it and why i think, it is a fight against mills.

so i'm more for a new star wars mmo, than keeping swtor. something like star citizen wanted to be, without scamming people with lies :D

i think you misunderstood me.

i said, that the petition was promoted on swtor related pages. this means not swtor.com. it means pages with content about swtor. so the 2 most important pages in my mind, would be dulfy and vulkk. when i'm chatting with some of the members of guilds i'm in, more than the half don't know any of it. so just spreading it around on pages, made for swtor players, would mostly just reach them. to get an impact, you would need a wider audience. more than the actual players of swtor.

yes, you didn't wrote that stuff with the star wars ip. it was another user.

anthem has nothing to do with an mmo. it is not an open world were you can meet random ppl and decide to do stuff together or fight against each other. here you just have an social hub to see others. the rest is not open to all. and it goes in the way, ea already said some time ago. the playership just want fast action. get into the game, have some fun and get out. your friends are already in a raid? okay. so take over a free slot and when your mum calls them for lunch, get out and let the ki do the stuff. it is not an mmo. it is a rpg with a limited multiplayer-part. hugh difference.

i also don't think that swtor will get a new engine. i expect a new sw mmo. and who says, that this is not in development since some years? the majority of projects in development are not announced. also the latest sw game canceled, could be a hint, that there is a different project in the pipeline, way sooner than expected.

for me, there is a difference between your examples and change.org. but let us don't care about anymore. i'm with you, that we all are sharing our information freely every day. even just by walking through the cities with our cellphones in the pocket.

and i don't want to criticise your intention of doing something for the project, and i support it doing so, but told my opinion about it and why i think, it is a fight against mills.

so i'm more for a new star wars mmo, than keeping swtor. something like star citizen wanted to be, without scamming people with lies :D

Vulkk actually retweeted the petition already on Twitter! It's my hope to reach Dulfy as well, so I'll send a message that way too! I'm doing all I can to get it to other pages like Star Wars Theory or Star Wars Explained, Stupendous Wave, but it's much easier said than done. They get asked to promote stuff daily for sure and I could understand why they don't pay much heed to yet another petition. I will do my best to reach them tho, I won't stop! :)

And yes, I realise this may be a fight against the windmills. But it's better than no fight at all, because no fight will have no achievements. Even if it's only generating attention and awareness, that already could do so much!

Edited by Ylliarus