SWTOR Deserves A Revival: More Funding, Resources and Manpower

Ylliarus

Thank you so much! Let's hope they'll find the link interesting and post it on their website :) I will admit it's been difficult to get the attention of people who could potentially give a huge signal boost. Like, I know people like Swtorista, Star Wars Theory, Stupendous Wave etc are likely bombarded with messages like "share this", "support that", "like me" and so on. But aren't they supposed to be the voice of the fans? :( I had hoped as a fellow fan of the franchise they would understand how much this means to us. Am I too naive in that regard?

In any way, please, everyone, share the petition with as many people as you can! Share it with the Star Wars content creators, share it with your Star Wars fanpages! The more people sign, the higher the chance the right eyes will see it :)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who is one of the biggest SW fans you could hope to meet. He is very active in our local 501st. When he was working at the books store with me he would get all of the authors to come for book signings and the legion would come out to participate. It was tremendous fun! This is my son at Joe Schreiber's "Death Troopers" signing. I digress. So a lot of the Legion tried out SWG but didn't stick with it for long, but only a few tried out SWtOR. I don't know if it was because they didn't enjoy SWG and were put off by SWtOR also being an MMO or if they by and large just aren't interested in the Old Republic. If I remember I'll ask my friend for his opinion.

And on the subject of awareness: Back in the day when CC pets were a thing I went to quite a few Game Stops and Best Buys looking for the cards. Almost invariably the clerks either didn't know about SWtORs existence or thought it had already shut down. This was when the population was significantly larger than it is now, and these were guys who's jobs were selling video games.

Aw is that the same one who grew up to have the red hair? :)

I also wonder if the mmo tag puts certain people off, and I wonder if it was a mistake to try to make swtor all things to all people. I can't get my brother to try it because of this, and I feel like he'd love it if he would just try.

I also wonder if the mmo tag puts certain people off, and I wonder if it was a mistake to try to make swtor all things to all people. I can't get my brother to try it because of this, and I feel like he'd love it if he would just try.

I feel so, some people I've seen disliking the game on the basis it's an MMO alone.

This came up in a discussion I was having with several foundry authors on Star Trek Online ... They use to play this game then dropped out for various reasons. They said they would sign it :) though they have their doubts it'll achieve anything.

In regards to the petition there is only one guarantee that I can make: it won't hurt to sign it :) it's absolutely possible that the petition will amount to nothing, that's a realistic scenario. Yet there is a chance - however small - that the right eyes might take note of it. But for that to happen it has to generate noise, it has to draw attention. Thus the more people sign it, the higher the chance will become of the right eyes taking note of it! Because if there's no noise at all, then nothing will ever be heard.

I feel so, some people I've seen disliking the game on the basis it's an MMO alone.

It's a pity, because I quite like it because it's an MMO. The fact it's an MMO makes the setting feel big, lively and vibrant. It makes the Star Wars universe feel more realistic and vivid in my opinion.

In light of some of the critiques I have seen being expressed towards this petition, I have made a few edits to it.

The first is based on semantics, because some of the critiques said "revival" implied that the game is dead. Let it be clear that I vehemently disagree with anyone that says the game is dead, because it absolutely isn't. It's why I have decided to change "revival" into "revitalize", which encapsulates the meaning and intention much better.

The second change is based on the critique that some don't want SWTOR or the Old Republic era to be pulled into the Disney canon. It's why I added it as a potential option (a possible suggestion), but not a necessity. Pulling SWTOR into the Disney canon isn't the main purpose of this petition anyway, as the main reason is to draw Disney's attention (and that of others of course).

Those were all the changes that I have made to the petition and I sincerely hope that this didn't change your mind as to whether you support the petition or not.

Feel free to share the petition as much as you can, especially with its updates and edits! I keep repeating it, but the more people sign it, the louder the noise it will generate will be. The louder the noise, the higher the chance the right eyes will notice it :)

Edited by Ylliarus

It's a pity, because I quite like it because it's an MMO. The fact it's an MMO makes the setting feel big, lively and vibrant. It makes the Star Wars universe feel more realistic and vivid in my opinion.

Agreed, unfortunately people have prejudices towards the genre and ignore it even when it does something good.

I'm not playing the game because it's an MMO (rather in spite of it being an MMO), but for the story, and i could do the same if not more if was not an MMO.

If there was an offline solo mode to it (where only story, solo FP and heroics were available), i'd mainly be playing that way actually, as i'd not be dependant on my internet conexion to be able to play (2 days ago i died 3 times in les than 5 mins because it was really bad), and i'd not have to compete with other people when some objectives are in non instanced areas.

And then an online multiplayer mode for GTN, PvP, multiplayer FP, heroics and Ops would be nice. Maybe another option to be able to play the story on multiplayer mode as well could be nice too

Agreed, unfortunately people have prejudices towards the genre and ignore it even when it does something good.

I have a feeling this is true in general. Today I stumbled upon some negative comments about the petition and it has disheartened me somewhat. Even if people don't believe in it or don't agree, that shouldn't be a reason to take a dump on people's effort, no? :( especially if the person in question is a content creator themself, I had hoped they'd understand that things like this petition are born out of passion and are fueled by passion.

But it was to be expected, I guess, that there would be 'naysayers' as well.

I'm not playing the game because it's an MMO (rather in spite of it being an MMO), but for the story, and i could do the same if not more if was not an MMO.

If there was an offline solo mode to it (where only story, solo FP and heroics were available), i'd mainly be playing that way actually, as i'd not be dependant on my internet conexion to be able to play (2 days ago i died 3 times in les than 5 mins because it was really bad), and i'd not have to compete with other people when some objectives are in non instanced areas.

And then an online multiplayer mode for GTN, PvP, multiplayer FP, heroics and Ops would be nice. Maybe another option to be able to play the story on multiplayer mode as well could be nice too

I do get the points you're making, aye. When I look at my own time in SWTOR then I do indeed play solo like, 80% of the time? Still, there is something about that feeling of having fellow players around you. True, the competing for objectives is somewhat rather annoying... but it's still fun in my opinion to have others around you :) everyone's style is different!

I do get the points you're making, aye. When I look at my own time in SWTOR then I do indeed play solo like, 80% of the time? Still, there is something about that feeling of having fellow players around you. True, the competing for objectives is somewhat rather annoying... but it's still fun in my opinion to have others around you :) everyone's style is different!

That doesn't really bother me when i'm just runing around mindlessly, but when another player appears in my cutscene, that's a bit immersion breaking too, especially when i'm trying to record, luckily it's not too often :D

I really wish heroics would all be instanced, that'd already make the thing better. And that no part of the actual story would be locked behind group content, the worst being Oricon

That doesn't really bother me when i'm just runing around mindlessly, but when another player appears in my cutscene, that's a bit immersion breaking too, especially when i'm trying to record, luckily it's not too often :D

I really wish heroics would all be instanced, that'd already make the thing better. And that no part of the actual story would be locked behind group content, the worst being Oricon

Oh yes! That is one thing that irks me, especially if the cutscene is in a specific angle (like close up or something) and suddenly WHAM Zabrak in your face.

And I completely agree, the Mandalorian Heroic on DK is a perfect example of why Heroic areas should be instanced. And I still hope Oricon will get some sort of alternate way to complete the story.

Oh yes! That is one thing that irks me, especially if the cutscene is in a specific angle (like close up or something) and suddenly WHAM Zabrak in your face.

And I completely agree, the Mandalorian Heroic on DK is a perfect example of why Heroic areas should be instanced. And I still hope Oricon will get some sort of alternate way to complete the story.

Lol, yeah

I do too.

Especially considering the Dread Masters are mentioned several times during the solo story, on several characters.

I've never been able to see the whole thing

Lol, yeah

I do too.

Especially considering the Dread Masters are mentioned several times during the solo story, on several characters.

I've never been able to see the whole thing

The only time I have seen the entirety is through a Youtube walkthrough vid. The mission sits in my Missions list but... I simply can't motivate myself to queue for a group. I continiously mean to, to plan an evening for it and do at least the story ops, but I keep forgetting it or postponing it.

Yeah I wish the dread war was easier to follow.

I have doubts whether they'll change something in regard to that content. I mean, it's been a while and I once had made a thread about it. Let me tell you, the replies from the community there were anything but positive.

I guess I'll just have to force myself to do it one day when the ops are in the Story Mode group finder thingy.

Sure the Old Republic era was great but I feel Disney is making their push towards the future of Star Wars not the past.

They recently expressed a willingness to return to the prequel content and explore other eras further given that the sequel era has had its time to shine. We'll see how things play out.

They recently expressed a willingness to return to the prequel content and explore other eras further given that the sequel era has had its time to shine. We'll see how things play out.

Maybe they can just wipe out everything they did up to this point and start over, with a new "chapter 1." New companions, new voice acting, everything with a whole new swathe of stories!

They could also add elements of the game proven by the people to have been enjoyed on the MMO side of things too, like customizable gearing, non-locked mods, a free-playing conquest system that is friendly to alts, gearing that is friendly to alts, and a new PVP meta that is a bit more balanced allowing every class to shine. They could even create some new classes!

I mean this is a great way for them to amend all the errors of their ways over the last 3+ years. Start a new era with a brand new chunk of content that mirrors what they originally created 8 years ago as far as creativity and novelty goes.

Edited by Lhancelot

There are many! You can have a primary and a secondary active, but you aren't locked into them so one character can theoretically learn them all. For instance I started to focus on Archery and Animal Handling until my husband talked me into Lycanthropy with Priest. I can switch back to Archery/Animal Handling any time I want, well as long as it isn't a full moon :p

Steam has a free trial that includes the first 15 levels, the starter island and the first two areas. That gives you plenty to do to see if you enjoy they game. Everyone starts out with unarmed on the starter island and you can pick up sword, archery and psychology there. Level is per skill. So if you hit lvl 15 on unarmed and stop gaining unarmed exp, you can switch to one of the others and gain exp there.

Fae isn't in the game yet, but it should be put in soon. There is a big patch coming this week or next, but that is focusing on lvl 50+ stuff. They are hoping to have the game move out of beta this summer.

Sorry just now getting back to this thread. I'll check it out on Steam. Thanks for the tip!

I like the little roses you made in your sig. :)

Oh, thanks! I mean, I didn't invent those or anything, I don't even remember why I keep them there, but thanks :)

Exactly that :D

And this is one of the reason i spend so much time when recording anything if a random person pops-up it's annoying . Then i also spend time trying different option trying to choose the one who suits my character the best.

I've been collecting these weird little bugs that happen while recording, maybe you should too! My husband loves watching these goofy things.

Oof, I'm having trouble with the website, I hope I haven't posted anything like 5 times in a row.

Edited by grania