Maintenance: March 27th, 2018

EricMusco

Daily Repeatable Objectives are once per Legacy, per day.

-eric

This Sucks! I Have A Seventeen Man Guild.

I Have Twelve Alts, And Used Six(some times More)To Do Conquest With.

The Nerfing To Crafting Mats And Alts It's Not Worth It To Me!

So. I Kind Of Feel Like, Not Playing This Game Any More.

Seems Like All The Dev's Do, Is Just Take The Things That I Enjoy Out Of This Game!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question Musco: am i reading this as you only get conquest credit for one pvp/gsf match per day? For a measly 330 points?

This is utter nonsense....

Also Musco: what about gf ops/fp?

You're not inspiring confidence...

What nonsense is this? Everytime you make big changes in this game, it feels like you are purposely trying to sabotage it.

And you are trying to tell me this isn't killing my alt play?????? REALLY???? Repeatable ONCE per LEGACY per DAY???? Ridiculous.......Once again I ask .......How much were you paid to KILL this game????? I will not be renewing my sub......I will be going elsewhere.......I am sure a lot more will follow..Why did I spend years developing my characters and leveling my comps to have them ALL SIT and not be viable? I actually cannot believe you care so little about all the people that are in love with this game. I will always be in love with this game but it is now dead weight that must be lifted from my entertainment life. SO SAD and dissapointed

Daily Repeatable Objectives are once per Legacy, per day.

-eric

And you are trying to tell me this isn't killing my alt play?????? REALLY???? Repeatable ONCE per LEGACY per DAY???? Ridiculous.......Once again I ask .......How much were you paid to KILL this game????? I will not be renewing my sub......I will be going elsewhere.......I am sure a lot more will follow..Why did I spend years developing my characters and leveling my comps to have them ALL SIT and not be viable? I actually cannot believe you care so little about all the people that are in love with this game. I will always be in love with this game but it is now dead weight that must be lifted from my entertainment life. SO SAD and dissapointed

Totally understood! As mentioned in the other thread, the Conquest revamp and its impact on alts is something we are aware of and monitoring for future changes. As soon as I know anything specific I will pass it on!

-eric

Again, how can you monitor the impact on alts if no conquest points are awarded to them.

All that you will see is that far fewer characters are getting conquest than before. But you already know that will happen because of how badly you nerfed the number of points given per activity, and because you added more legacy lockouts.

You don't need to monitor things. A common sense prediction of even the simplest of minds can already tell you what you will find out after monitoring, lol.

Totally understood! As mentioned in the other thread, the Conquest revamp and its impact on alts is something we are aware of and monitoring for future changes. As soon as I know anything specific I will pass it on!

-eric

Minimizing alt play is a mistake for any facet of this game. You're basically cutting your own throats profit wise. If people have no good reason to play their alts, they won't make any more and you guys won't sell any more character slots or lvl 60, 65+ insta characters. Can your bottom line really afford to take the hit at this point? Can the game sustain another significant hit to the population? I think the answer is NO on both counts.

Playing alts is what has kept this game going for so long, people replay the stories and earn things through activities by playing ALL their characters. Games are supposed to bring people joy and clearly this latest decision has ruined the game for many. Kindly reconsider.

-eric

Again, how can you monitor the impact on alts if no conquest points are awarded to them.

All that you will see is that far fewer characters are getting conquest than before. But you already know that will happen because of how badly you nerfed the number of points given per activity, and because you added more legacy lockouts.

You don't need to monitor things. A common sense prediction of even the simplest of minds can already tell you what you will find out after monitoring, lol.

He has a point. Are the developers going to monitor a LACK of activity? That is my only guess, because that is the only possible result of making it so that I can do most of the objectives once per day per legacy, barring me from even participating once per day on both factions.

You shouldn't need to monitor anything here - it's pretty simple. You've locked us out of using our alts by making the restriction per legacy. Spoiler alert! Less alts will participate in conquest (because we are restricted from doing so). No need to monitor now, just need to fix this.

Edited by PennyAnn

He has a point. Are the developers going to monitor a LACK of activity? That is my only guess, because the is the only result of making it so that I can do most of the objectives once per day per legacy, barring me from even participating once per day on both factions.

You shouldn't need to monitor anything here - it's pretty simple. You've locked us out of using our alts by making the restriction per legacy. Spoiler alert! Less alts will participate in conquest (because we are restricted from doing so). No need to monitor now, just need to fix this.

I guess their metrics will say this was the right decision.:rolleyes:

I have another post coming, but a question about the personal goal being moved from 20k down to 15k.

What about weeks where the personal goal was 25k, or 50k?

The 50k point week starts tomorrow.

Have those been adjusted downward as well?

I guess their metrics will say this was the right decision.:rolleyes:

To encourage people to stop playing the game? Yes. I'm getting closer all the time, and I always said I'd stay until the lights went out. But I'm not going to continue to pay for a game that actively encourages me to play LESS and restricts my ability to do what I enjoy on whatever characters I want.

To encourage people to stop playing the game? Yes. I'm getting closer all the time, and I always said I'd stay until the lights went out. But I'm not going to continue to pay for a game that actively encourages me to play LESS and restricts my ability to do what I enjoy on whatever characters I want.

Hear hear! +1 friend

Please specify for the warzones and flashpoints what the point value is and how repeatable they are. Endlessly? Daily? One time per character? One time per Legacy?

Seconded. Kinda moot now, ofcourse, patch is tomorrow, but we should have been updated on the specifics, and given feedback. Our feedback is "very valuable" after all, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Trust is REALLY low at this point. I assume everything in yellow text is intentionally misleading, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Personally, if I wasn't on a prepaid card I'd have unsubscribed last week. As it stands, I think this will be the last one.

I know, I really don't get it. I don't see how someone can seriously come up with an idea that will get people to do with less. Is there some kind of bigger picture I'm missing here? I really don't see it.

Edited by Eshvara

I have another post coming, but a question about the personal goal being moved from 20k down to 15k.

What about weeks where the personal goal was 25k, or 50k?

The 50k point week starts tomorrow.

Have those been adjusted downward as well?

AH HAHAHAHA! I'm gonna start a betting pool: How many think they forgot to adjust down any weeks that weren't 20k to 15k? (And instead, tomorrow will launch Total Galactic War with 50k requirement and no one will get their personal rewards!)

I think it's sad, but safe to say I could see it going either way!

-eric

You (Bioware) DO NOT need to monitor this change to know it will lead to less overall played hours.

You just don't.

One single ounce of common-sense, and one iota of understanding of your own playerbase will tell you FOR CERTAIN that this will lead to less overall played hours.

All The Best

AH HAHAHAHA! I'm gonna start a betting pool: How many think they forgot to adjust down any weeks that weren't 20k to 15k? (And instead, tomorrow will launch Total Galactic War with 50k requirement and no one will get their personal rewards!)

i bet 50 mill on it

Keep in mind, Relics of the Gree has NEVER included Iokath before (it was Alderaan) - but it did last week. They may have completely changed what is included in Total Galactic War - it will remain to be seen. But I think your point about the total points required for personal rewards is valid, and I'm going to laugh so hard if they forget to fix this....

I agree with you, that's why I posted it, so there was time to fix it.

My bet is they put in code that basically says IF CQ = 20k then CQ now = 15k

(whatever coding equivalent that entails).

Keep in mind, Relics of the Gree has NEVER included Iokath before (it was Alderaan) - but it did last week. They may have completely changed what is included in Total Galactic War - it will remain to be seen. But I think your point about the total points required for personal rewards is valid, and I'm going to laugh so hard if they forget to fix this....

I think the inclusion of iokath was separate, a way to include iokath instead of it being a one time invasion.

But you're also right, there could be base differences between what's historically been T.G.W. and the version of T.G.W. that we'll see tomorrow

-eric

wasnt it obvious that ur changes about non-legacy objectives will only lead to less incentive in playing swtor? People will just complete objectives on main chars, and stop playing swtor until next daily. Of course it will have a negative impact in swtor's activity overall