Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For about 4 months of dev time or so this is roughly what I expected (which isn't really a good thing). Unfortunately no hype at all about 6.0 or any bigger content or features, that's either a really bad sign or they are just completely clueless how to push out MMO content and get momentum building (even a little), or both.

"We heard feedback from some of you indicating you missed having a more “traditional” expansion and you’d rather wait so it all comes at once. I like having updates released regularly versus waiting long periods of time in-between patches. "

Who cares what you want, you've been trying this and it's been failing.

Sadly they likely got most of their resources pulled for Anthem and there's a small (though probably unlikely) chance they may get more resources back after it's launched, if SWTOR still exists.

I really hope it exists, the old content is still fun, I like the strongholds (though have waited forever for a damn Alderaan castle option, I mean come on, they have all the assets and it would be amazing), and I have a lot of accrued outfits and mounts etc. Would hate for all that to disappear and I hate it when any MMO dies fully.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be fixing their mistakes, other MMOs have shown it's never fully too late to turn an MMO around... even with limited resources smart usage of it in a way that the community clearly wants would really go a long way. instead we get more of the crap we don't care about and messages that say they hear that we want X but they don't want to do it. I mean come on.

I'm pretty tolerant and forgiving with MMOs, have played so many and a lot of the most popular are overrated in my opinion. Now I'm on the edge of being lost to SWTOR, after playing since Beta, firing up on day one, and staying sub'd for a lot of the time, even while not playing, to keep supporting the game.

Get your ***t together Bioware. There's so much greatness of SWTOR, despite all the bad that can be pointed out. Don't let it die. Do some community good will, give people what they want, even if you have limited resources.

Edited by Alandross

It is not currently slotted into our plans but we still have a high interest in doing it. So no updates on timing just yet! We will be sure to let you all know though should we get it into the plans.

-eric

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a way for AGENTS and TROOPERS to change the generic pistol used in cutscenes for executions etc.

Since they are not a pistol class we can never change that awful looking blaster to one of the way more cool ones from the CM.

Any comment on how games like LOTRO with arguably smaller teams and way less resources for a long time can release a whole expansion last year...a big one at that (Mordor), while you guys for 2 years can not? And can only do minutes of story for a whole year? Story driven MMO eh?

2017 was refocusing on group content? 2018 is focus on what please?

Edited by ExarSun

Yeah, Hetero Male Conuslars would like some choice other than Lana too - but we don't clog the forums with whines about it every day.

All The Best

Hetero male players in general have about 18 choices in total in the game. F/F still have one. Yes, I will ask for more diversity and it's not whining, it's wanting inclusion.

Can we PLEASE have Vector and Ashara available for all chars in the Odessen console, and can we have a console somewhere else besides Odessen, playing the JK or JC story with Ashara/Nadia/Kira/Scourge would be new content for me, if i could play with a new species, like Nautolan or Devaronian even better.

*bites nails*

What is Theron doing? Going to Nathema to do something with the EMPEROR? I hope it's mind control, because....ahhhhhh!

*Screaming*

I have a baaaaddd feeling about this. ):

You know who would make a lot of sense including in a Nathama story? Lord Scourge.

He's always been interested in prophecy, that's where the Scions come in, and he could be looking for a way to end his immortality.

I have a question.

Typically, when it comes to Major patches and updates, we don't get notification until a week before it hits test center.

Contrast this with other MMOs who give out general information well in advance of updates and then provide specifics the closer to the Target date they get.

Is there a reason why you couldn't do the same as most other MMO companies? Even if the target date needs to be moved, that is something other companies also deal with and are just simply upfront about with their user base. They also share under the provision that anything could change between the time they are sharing and the time of release, but they wait until they have enough time to provide the most accurate information possible, and if something discussed does change, they are up front about it.

Why doesn't BioWare do this? And don't say because of the backlash because this is something that other MMO companies deal with and they handle it just fine...

I just logged in to unsub ..... and also spew nonsense on these forums while I'm sick at home lol, but mostly to cancel my founder account subscription.

I might resub in the spring sometime or whenever it is that you guys decide what Theron's been up to this whole time. Kinda crazy you didn't even mention that in your roadblock thing but what do I know? It seems like his story is the only one with any emotional labor going into it. The rest of this game feels like you're making it while frowning.

I've had some distance from the game these past couple of months and the only thing I find myself missing is the old world of SWTOR, the one before KOTFE. Kind of like how people missed the old Wow so much they're bringing back a classic server. Maybe that's an idea, a classic SWTOR where Valkorion never existed and we start from where Ziost ended with a missing Emperor and a squabbling Republic and Empire and 8 intertwining stories. yeah, I know, but I can dream. :(

Arcann Romance – Everyone’s favorite former villain has had a change of heart and may be more “available” than he was previously.

Companion Return: Vector – Imperial Agents will see the return of Vector Hyllus! Easily the best member of the Killik hivemind.

Companion Return: Ashara Zavros will return to the Sith Inquisitor’s side. How will things go with her former master?

Companion Return: Felix Iresso – The Jedi Consular’s loyal soldier has had a rough time these last few years – can the Consular help him?

Companion Return: Mako and Akaavi - Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are reunited with this duo, who’ve been working together during the players’ absence.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm FINALLY getting Mako back!!!!!!! This has been rough on Lana though xD She's only been romanced on two characters. My Smuggler and my Hunter. My Smuggler just dumped her for Risha when she returned and now she's gonna get insta dumped by my Hunter too :rolleyes:

Hope we can kill Ashara too. Since she never actually turned from the Jedi ways my SI always wanted her dead hated that I ever had to travel with her.

Are all these returns class specific? Love the choice if so. Absolutely love it. Don't be discouraged by the legions of whiners you are sure to hear from who are salty cos they can't have another generic brick in their companion window.

Easy money maker Eric...I think you guys are leaving easy money on the table. Don't worry about animations, this is an optional thing, you're silly not implementing this.

Tux is right, imagine the amount of people like myself who hold back from buying CM weapons because we run multiple characters that need to share the legacy weapon. If I knew I could just slap an appearance mod over it, even I would be apt to buy a CM weapon, knowing I don't have too compromise my legacy sharing setups.

EZ monies BW, ez monies.

Edited by DenariusJay

Hetero male players in general have about 18 choices in total in the game. F/F still have one. Yes, I will ask for more diversity and it's not whining, it's wanting inclusion.

What should be done now that is game is no longer marketed to LGBTQ repressive countries is to bring back all the companions in no more than 3 incremental patches (5.8, 5.9, 5.95 etc). And recode all of them so they are able to be LI regardless of character gender at least from KOTET on (though for the original story lines would be better). It's not like it's a new idea, we argued with BW about during beta -- repeatedly.

And bring them all back before adding Arcann the Butcher as a LI.

Easy money maker Eric...I think you guys are leaving easy money on the table. Don't worry about animations, this is an optional thing, you're silly not implementing this.

Def agree on this as there are some really cool weapon looks however I only use the legacy weapons, gear because I have many alts.

You know who would make a lot of sense including in a Nathama story? Lord Scourge.

He's always been interested in prophecy, that's where the Scions come in, and he could be looking for a way to end his immortality.

This times a trillion.

Perhaps that April flashpoint will conclude with a cliffhanger. We reunite with Theron who finally explains he was undercover and why thus wrapping up the 'traitor' aspect and story in that regard. We team up trying to stop the Zildrog fanatics from reviving Vitiate/Valkorion but we fail and that's where it ends. Then 6.0 will be yet another "Deal with the Sith Emperor cos lols" story and Lord Scourge and Kira will come running to aid us, having arrived just too late to stop the entire disaster from taking place. :rolleyes:

This times a trillion.

Perhaps that April flashpoint will conclude with a cliffhanger. We reunite with Theron who finally explains he was undercover and why thus wrapping up the 'traitor' aspect and story in that regard. We team up trying to stop the Zildrog fanatics from reviving Vitiate/Valkorion but we fail and that's where it ends. Then 6.0 will be yet another "Deal with the Sith Emperor cos lols" story and Lord Scourge and Kira will come running to aid us, having arrived just too late to stop the entire disaster from taking place. :rolleyes:

*Bangs head on desk*

Please ... no ... no more Emperor ... It's boring!

Even if they made it to restrictions of the same type of weapon.. Double blade can only put a double blade into the designer. etc.. Yes... Please.. Keep the color contained in the main weapon. It doesn't cost that much to switch out a color crystal. I'd be ok with that. I can't speak for everyone else but this really should have been made part of the designer initially.

It is not currently slotted into our plans but we still have a high interest in doing it. So no updates on timing just yet! We will be sure to let you all know though should we get it into the plans.

-eric

Seriously, that's something that could, you know, be a REVENUE GENERATOR for you.

All those lovely Cartel weapons just begging to be unlocked with Cartel Coin PURCHASES and used as cosmetics but instead sit dormant in our Collections windows just because we can't be bothered to use more than one or two of our favorites.

I'm just sayin'

This times a trillion.

Shush you... The Bioware writers HAVE to be more creative than this... right??? RIGHT GUYS???

ugh

Oh I agree, absolutely. That dead horse has received so many beatings its compost by now but you know, Bioware, it's entirely possible.

but it must be EPIIIIICCCCC!!!1!!!1111eleven

I would rather save puppies (or what those cuties called in TLJ) in a village with Kira at this point, rather than see the Emperor again. He is DEAD!

I know, cause I killed him at least twice!

What should be done now that is game is no longer marketed to LGBTQ repressive countries is to bring back all the companions in no more than 3 incremental patches (5.8, 5.9, 5.95 etc). And recode all of them so they are able to be LI regardless of character gender at least from KOTET on (though for the original story lines would be better). It's not like it's a new idea, we argued with BW about during beta -- repeatedly.

And bring them all back before adding Arcann the Butcher as a LI.

I think the latter is most important. People have been waiting a very long time for the vanilla companions. They should be brought back before any new romances are introduced, no matter who it is.

Having said that I am a bit salty that not only are they doing the butcher's romance before the original companions, there will now have 3 M/M choices to the one F/F available. I love Lana and would pick her regardless, but one F/F choice in the entire game is ridiculous.