Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

Good questions

1: Yes, it will be time locked between 5.8 and 5.9. You must defeat Izax on Veteran Mode (we are messaging it as Master due to difficulty) during that time to earn the reward. This is very similar to the Nightmare Power event.

2: Veteran (Master) mode only.

3: Quick explanation on the rewards. Beating Izax during this period will grant you a time locked Achievement, exclusive title, and special reward within your legacy. After 5.9 you can no longer earn that Achievement or Title. The special reward will then become a very rare drop off of Izax which will be a BoP version, instead of Legacy-wide.

-eric

... Bit of an extra Q reguarding Ops (and FP, but mostly Ops);

Can we have the trophy decos for the new op now, seeing as there's not going to be a master mode? I have a big empty space in my SH behind ToS where the new ops boss pictures should be hanging Q_Q

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither it'll be wrapped in one scene of dialogue before we move on and pretend it never happened. Besides they can't possibly do another "darn he got away again" moment...right? :rolleyes:

Well Valkorian had three or four of those.

So Theron is still owed at least two.

All The Best

Hetero male players in general have about 18 choices in total in the game. F/F still have one. Yes, I will ask for more diversity and it's not whining, it's wanting inclusion.

Hetero Male CONSULARS have none.

Excluding Class from that calculation is dishonest - because Class determines access to Love Interests as much as Gender in this game.

All The Best

I've had some distance from the game these past couple of months and the only thing I find myself missing is the old world of SWTOR, the one before KOTFE. Kind of like how people missed the old Wow so much they're bringing back a classic server. Maybe that's an idea, a classic SWTOR where Valkorion never existed and we start from where Ziost ended with a missing Emperor and a squabbling Republic and Empire and 8 intertwining stories. yeah, I know, but I can dream. :(

That would be so awesome.

I still believe that Bioware Austin and EA have no idea just how damaging - long-term - KotFE/ET were to SWTOR.

Maybe now we only have five servers the message may just start getting through.

All The Best

I am looking into clarification on these questions. I will get back to you.

-eric

Can you also clarify the nature of this latest batch of companion returns. Will it be something meaningful, or another set of brief cutscenes that leave one feeling rather empty inside.

Well Valkorian had three or four of those.

So Theron is still owed at least two.

All The Best

Please don't give them ideas. I need Theron back now!

I know, I know. There are a lot of vanilla LIs that have been gone longer, but none were taken away the way Theron was. We know they have been waiting for us. The whole undercover/actual traitor thing has been played out, and I just want to know one way or the other.

Companions:

•  
  • Companion Return: Mako and Akaavi - Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are reunited with this duo, who’ve been working together during the players’ absence.

--- Keith

A couple of questions about this:

• Will they return like Gault and Vette and be available to both Bounty Hunters and Smugglers, or will they only be available if they were a vanilla companion? Meaning, will BH's get Mako only and Smugglers get Akaavi only, but not both?

• And why are you guys "cutting corners" on the other companions like with Andronikos, Corso and Risha - and also with Iresso, Ashara and Vector? You could've done a whole chapter type story about them. Ashara's redemption, for example, if picked up by a light side player or jedi. There's so much opportunity here that's being wasted on a few cinematics that ultimately are disappointing to many.

• And lastly: Why have you waited so long to return these companions? Did you really have any intention to even do so, as you stated when KoTFE released? I'm estimating about the time-frame between the start of KoTFE and the end of KoTET to be at least a couple of years (building an alliance takes time). So by the time KoTET starts, the galaxy as a whole knows who you are. Unless our old companions have been living in seclusion (which so far has not been the case), then why has it taken them this long (after the initial 5 years) to reconnect?

I don't expect an answer, but I had to ask.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Can we get some kind of in game dps/ehps/threat meter for folks? I'm still running into folks who don't get why they enrage, have been playing since launch, and think operative is a ranged dps and are convinced that they are doing a good job on dps. I really don't care about others being able to see it (I can see that may be contentious) but something that gives feedback to folks in-game would be good, since nothing in solo play really does. Edited by LordTurin

Excluding Class from that calculation is dishonest - because Class determines access to Love Interests as much as Gender in this game.

All The Best

No, it''s not dishonest at all. You have 18 choices in the game overall. You have at least one in each of the class stories, plus a lot of one-night stands. If you play through KOTFE/KOTET in ANY class as a man, you have at least two choices overall, possibly three between your class and Lana.

F/F has one. Period. In the entire game. Nothing in the class stories, one choice in KOTFE/KOTET. It's beyond ridiculous for a straight man to somehow think he's been ignored like the LGBT community in this. This entire game caters to straight men.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Congrats Este! I am happy for you, I hope it'll get a good one.:)

Thank you, Eshvara! :o My secondmost feeling on reading the roadmap was delight that you'll get the Arcann romance soon. If no consular companion had been mentioned at all, I would've had to make my very best efforts not to be salty about the Arcann romance coming out before their returns, but now that one is at least on the horizon I am free, free, free from any need for salt-repression. :D

I will admit to some serious surprise at no Jedi Knight returns being announced, though. I wonder if some JK companions might return during the main story rather than having separate returns, and they want it to be a surprise... But Temple returned during the main story and she was still mentioned beforehand, so the idea that BW tries to spare us from spoilers is a bit of a reach.

Yeah, Hetero Male Conuslars would like some choice other than Lana too - but we don't clog the forums with whines about it every day.

Um, Nadia? :confused:

Edited by Estelindis

It's beyond ridiculous for a straight man to somehow think he's been ignored like the LGBT community in this. This entire game caters to straight men.

Oh, you think the game and reality are somehow similar.

You assume because my Main is a Male Consular who is straight that I must be male and straight too.

How's that for caring about diversity?

Well done.

All The Best

You have Nadia or Lana. That's two. I mean, you even mentioned Lana in another post... I'm confused!

I have two if my Consular would lower himself to be intimate with a Sith.

He wouldn't.

Had I known what KotFE/ET had in store for our companions and LI's I would never have started it.

All The Best

I have two if my Consular would lower himself to be intimate with a Sith.

He wouldn't.

Had I known what KotFE/ET had in store for our companions and LI's I would never have started it.

All The Best

Not wanting an option does not equal not having an option. It's like the people who say Koth doesn't count as a LI. Yeah, he does.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but about the recipes that are going to drop in the Nathema Conspiracy flashpoint - WHY would you have both BOP and BOE versions? Having them bind on pickup is going to be nothing but a source of great aggravation for most players, as likely it won't be the right character that gets them. I have tons of alts but only 4 of them have a crafting profession. What is the point of those recipes? You can't give them to the correct alt that can use the recipe and can't sell them on the GTN....all they will be is vendor trash! With everything else that is upsetting players these days, why add another one?

Please make all recipes BOE!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but about the recipes that are going to drop in the Nathema Conspiracy flashpoint - WHY would you have both BOP and BOE versions? Having them bind on pickup is going to be nothing but a source of great aggravation for most players, as likely it won't be the right character that gets them. I have tons of alts but only 4 of them have a crafting profession. What is the point of those recipes? You can't give them to the correct alt that can use the recipe and can't sell them on the GTN....all they will be is vendor trash! With everything else that is upsetting players these days, why add another one?

legacy-based Crafting Patterns (Bind-on-Pickup – BOP) which will drop randomly off mobs and Bosses. If you’re one of the lucky ones, you may also find a Bind-on-Equip (BOE) version of the same patterns.

I think he basically meant most would be BoL (I'm not sure what else a legacy-based Crafting pattern could mean). And then the BoE you could sell on the GTN (for lots of $$$$ presumably).

But, as BoP and BoL are different, and he did say BoP, some clarity would be good, since as you pointed out, BoP makes no sense.

Edited by LordTurin

Not wanting an option does not equal not having an option. It's like the people who say Koth doesn't count as a LI. Yeah, he does.

This. And if you play a male Jedi? You have Kira. If you play a male Agent? Kaliyo or Raina. Warrior? Vette or Jaesa. Etc. PLUS Lana once you get to KOTFE.

Oh, and as a male character you also get more choices in the class stories with one-night stands and more than one romance option in many classes (Vette or Jaesa, etc.).

If I play a female Warrior, Jedi, Consular, Agent, Smuggler, Inquisitor, etc.? My choice is Lana, after going for the entire class story without anything. There are no other options regardless of the class I play.

There's no comparison, and people who feel there is are being ridiculous. I'm not even going to read that other one's posts anymore.

Beyond April – Discussion Topic!

As we look back to 2017 and now beyond the conclusion of the traitor storyline, we are planning to continue delivering content in the same manner throughout 2018. When you look at the total year, you received a wide variety of both multi-player and solo activities including a new story, Strongholds, Starfighter updates, a new Warzone, two new Flashpoints, and a new Operation, along with many Quality of Life improvements.

We heard feedback from some of you indicating you missed having a more “traditional” expansion and you’d rather wait so it all comes at once. I like having updates released regularly versus waiting long periods of time in-between patches. Although this remains our current plan, we are also laying out what we’ll include in a 6.0 Game Update. We’ll keep you informed of our summer, fall and winter plans throughout the coming months.

--- Keith

I really don't think it's how the content is delivered as much as the quantity and quality of it. If we were to add up all of 2017 it would equal little more than a content patch, and not a very good one at that. When people are asking for a "traditional expansion" they are asking for more and higher quality content. I doubt many would object to it being delivered in pieces if the pieces are actually worth waiting for, and last year the pieces simply weren't. Sadly, the Spring Roadmap doesn't provide any reason to hope 2018 will be any better than 2017 and it doesn't even have the excuse of server mergers to fall back on.

He's saying 'we’ll provide legacy-based Crafting Patterns (Bind-on-Pickup – BOP)', so it rather should be BOL, not BOP. Confusion.

Edited by Galahard

All The Best

No I don't, I have ONE!

Nadia.

All The Best

Umm, which is it? Do you have none or do you have one? I can agree that Nadia isn't a great choice for a cishet male Consular, but she is a choice. As an androsexual I find my options limiting because in the entire game I have exactly TWO options: Koth and Theron. And I don't really consider Koth a viable option.*

* Sorry Koth lovers, I'd get rid of Koth and make Tora my captain in a heart beat. She's just, in my opinion, a much better character.