Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

I remember what devs said about her, on that stream, in 2018 -

They could do something like a cameo or flashback with Vaylin, in future updates, and then just put her on the terminal as a bonus companion so everyone can recruit her and make their own "headcanon". Or, for example, they could make her as a reward for completing KOTET on the "master" difficult. :rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

That could be an interesting way of bringing her back.

Agreed, I think there should have been an option to save/redeem her. She went through so much and was never given a real chance. Would love to have her come back as a companion. I don't think it was right that only Arcann was redeemable. I would love to see the siblings reunited with their mother and given a second chance after all they've been through.

Agreed, I think there should have been an option to save/redeem her. She went through so much and was never given a real chance. Would love to have her come back as a companion. I don't think it was right that only Arcann was redeemable. I would love to see the siblings reunited with their mother and given a second chance after all they've been through.

Personally (and this is just my opinion, it can be taken or left)

If they were to redeem Vaylin, they'd need to add something extra in to the story before we get to the end bit, but after she

kills the companion

there is nowhere left in the story for her to get an 'awakening' moment. Arcanns story had a chance before he got to the outlander

at the part where you can kill him

And because of the choices you've made along the way, that's how he is redeemed, but vaylin never had anything like that, they'd probably have to rewrite the story to add them in then some how give her a chance to redeem herself by

not killing the companion, or something else.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello my fellow Valin lover !

Maybe HEAVY SPOILER from Echoes of Oblivion ( it's my theroy but there are many stranges thing too big to be unoticed ).

So in 6.2 we get to see Vaylin again for a few moment, but there is also some thing to pay attention :

i wasn't able to record it so i'm using a video from someone else, but i got the same element on my play.

the video of reference :

So at 14:10 (

) we see Satele and 6 Padawan, then Kira said 2 of them are dead.

But later at 27:08 (

) we see 5 out of 6 disciple walking to satele but in the left side the sixth one still on the floor not moving.

Later we see Vaylin looking at her on 27:41 (

)

And finaly at the end 34:25, we see 5 of the Padawan INCLUDING the one who missed the most ****** beating of the century (

), only one of them is missing, but remember, KIra said 2 of them are dead, so only 4 padawan should be there.

So, here is my thought : Vaylin took possesion of the body of that paddawan after the beating and is now usurping her identity, also, isn't is strange that whyle the camera follow Aryn Leneer, she walk right at us ?

That's a therory but that seem pretty solid, if not why tell us and show us this specific moments ? or maybe i'm hopping too much ?

Edited by KaellSolaris

Read Satele's Message. In the words of Old Hollywood grandeur, So let it be written so let it be done I'm not that thrilled honestly. But I know most people in this thread ill be breaking out the Rodian Ale and dancing on tables. Me, I wish she'd rest.

So, here is my thought : Vaylin took possesion of the body of that paddawan

we are doomed to be blue balled until 7.0 on this one

- could be Vaylin in that padawan

- could be that Malgus meets Vaylin

- maybe they talk about the " force conditioning "

- could be Vaylin takes Malgus where she " broke " her conditioning

- maybe you are sent to kill them both ... but you get the option to spare Vaylin

- ofc you're not going to kill Malgus ... he's the next Sith Emperor ... but it will be fun to try

Edited by banimoka

Finally, some justice for High Justice Vaylin!

I want her as a companion hands-down in some way and would love to see an actual redemption arc, but some major groveling from everyone for just letting her fry was the LEAST she deserved to get. Good job, Dev team.

Edited by DragonLadyK

Hello my fellow Valin lover !

Maybe HEAVY SPOILER from Echoes of Oblivion ( it's my theroy but there are many stranges thing too big to be unoticed ).

So in 6.2 we get to see Vaylin again for a few moment, but there is also some thing to pay attention :

i wasn't able to record it so i'm using a video from someone else, but i got the same element on my play.

the video of reference :

So at 14:10 (

) we see Satele and 6 Padawan, then Kira said 2 of them are dead.

But later at 27:08 (

) we see 5 out of 6 disciple walking to satele but in the left side the sixth one still on the floor not moving.

Later we see Vaylin looking at her on 27:41 (

)

And finaly at the end 34:25, we see 5 of the Padawan INCLUDING the one who missed the most ****** beating of the century (

), only one of them is missing, but remember, KIra said 2 of them are dead, so only 4 padawan should be there.

So, here is my thought : Vaylin took possesion of the body of that paddawan after the beating and is now usurping her identity, also, isn't is strange that whyle the camera follow Aryn Leneer, she walk right at us ?

That's a therory but that seem pretty solid, if not why tell us and show us this specific moments ? or maybe i'm hopping too much ?

Very interesting theory. Additionally

My JC got a mail from Satele saying that Syl was finally still alive and that she thought the Force must have had some reason to resurrect her.

No thank you ... No more Vaylin... PERIOD !

As several have said .. please do not resurrect another one !! UGH !

She was (and apparently still is) focused on herself and her "unlimited power" (her own words). She has made it perfectly clear that she has nothing but contempt for just about everyone ... and she is only concerned for how others see her as "powerful".

It's time for this story to move forward. This should be the final curtain call for her. The rest of the "family" should gradually fade out now.

No thank you ... No more Vaylin... PERIOD !

This is Star Wars - it's time to come to terms with the fact that the resurrection is not something supernatural, if they do not overdo it and do it right. :p:p:p

Yes please, let them fix this mistake when we didn't have any choises and alternative with her in KOTET:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

She was (and apparently still is) focused on herself and her "unlimited power" (her own words). She has made it perfectly clear that she has nothing but contempt for just about everyone ... and she is only concerned for how others see her as "powerful".

You're definitely confusing her with the Emperor here.

In this new story, on the contrary, she showed that she is able to realize who is really her enemy and who is not, which makes it possible to assume that she is able to change, because she is not uniquely evil, unlike T/V/V. About unlimited power - she said it to Valky and she had a reason for it.

It's time for this story to move forward. This should be the final curtain call for her. The rest of the "family" should gradually fade out now.

This family is unlikely to be involved in a vanilla conflict between factions. I hope, devs can make a small development of her new story and we will finally be able to recruit her:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinCompanion

Edited by Blackvinils

No she has to die, permanently

If you mean that she has to die for absolutely everyonr, then no - I don't think so.:p:p:p

But who knows, she is not that character, who is involved in a conflict between factions and if devs continue to develop her, then maybe this time they will really give us a choice about "kill / not kill".:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Exterminate the heretic!"

Their words will not harm us, if this time we succeed and Vaylin joins us, Brother Paul, and then our order will complete our great mission.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinCompanion

Edited by Blackvinils

While not a fan of Vaylin, I did notice her demeanor change when you talk to her in the story and you agree that you should have found another way and especially after Senya apologized for not being there for her during the time when Valkorian tortured her.

Who knows maybe if she did take that Jedi's body she can be taught something other than hate. I always wondered how she would have been if things had been different.

And as some may like her I don't see a problem but as it is right now we are not sure what is going to happen.

well we're NOT asking for a WHOLE EXPANSION where everything is about resurrecting Vaylin

- all we want is to have the option to redeem her ... at best like half a Chapter worth of content

----------------------------------------------------

She is focused on herself and has nothing but contempt everyone

- in an RPG game you should have the option to have different choices on how to end a confrontation

--------- in the Knights of the Eternal Throne story -------------

- IF you choose " threatening " options : Vaylin would remain hostile & kill one of your companions + side with Valkorion against you

BUT

- IF you choose " peaceful " options : Vaylin would agree to cease hostilities and NOT kill one of your companions & help fight against Valkorion

---------------------- this is what an RPG should be about ---------------------------------------------------

- if you personally want to " kill everything " go ahead

- BUT others want to redeem , end conflicts peacefully ...maybe give Senya her daughter back after all she's been thru

well we're NOT asking for a WHOLE EXPANSION where everything is about resurrecting Vaylin

- all we want is to have the option to redeem her ... at best like half a Chapter worth of content

----------------------------------------------------

- in an RPG game you should have the option to have different choices on how to end a confrontation

--------- in the Knights of the Eternal Throne story -------------

- IF you choose " threatening " options : Vaylin would remain hostile & kill one of your companions + side with Valkorion against you

BUT

- IF you choose " peaceful " options : Vaylin would agree to cease hostilities and NOT kill one of your companions & help fight against Valkorion

---------------------- this is what an RPG should be about ---------------------------------------------------

- BUT others want to redeem , end conflicts peacefully ...maybe give Senya her daughter back after all she's been thru

Hmmm

[/scratches head]

I'm not so sure I totally agree.

That said: you have given this some thought in your response... Interesting. The suggestion of the options you have seems even more interesting !

BUT

The issue with that is, she doesn't want to be redeemed, she hasn't had her 'eureka' moment that opens her eyes to the possibility. Simply trying to reason with her, won't work. For her to be redeemed, they'll have to write/change something in the earlier chapters that makes her think, and festers in her mind, till she confronts it. It was how they did it for Arcann, it would have to be the same for her

Edited by DarkTergon

The thing is... Arcann had a moral center. Not a good moral center but it was there. He didn't kill people, because he... "Hates odd numbers" or "Didn't like his answer." Arcann killed when he believed it achieved something. I'm not saying he was right, he wasn't. But there is a difference in ideologies here. He stopped Vaylin from killing Senya before his healing on Voss. It wasn't out of sentiment he was still consumed by hate. Senya's death didn't achieve anything.

I personally believe Valkorian's conditioning destroyed the part of Vaylin's brain that controls moral decisions. IF she did body-snatch Syl then maybe she can regain a moral center.