Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?

DarthSealth

How do you maintain open communication if you rarely post in your own forums? you cant. if you think a quarterly roadmap every 5 or 6 months is hard, you have low standards.

In the past year, have they promised roadmaps every quarter, or is it your own personal expectation?

Edited by olagatonjedi

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its simple math...try it..a 90 day roadmap(3 months)...12 months in a year.......4 roadmaps per year....Its not hard.

I donr recall them stating consistently adhering to a 90 day roadmap

Nm, i found a quote:

"And of course, I will plan to deliver an updated roadmap each quarter. This way you can see not only the direction we are heading, but you’ll know what to expect specifically over the few months.

I look forward to our continued discussions!

Respectfully,

---Keith

Lead Game Producer

Star Wars: The Old Republic"

I guess i just understood it as a plan, not a guarantee. As we all know and should understand, plans often change. I planned to be a billionaire by this age, so i hope nobody is unleashing their wrath on me because it didnt pan out the way it was planned.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Surely this is something Keith needs to sort out.

If few people are actively playing the game and the best that can be said about the state of the game is people should take a break from it, then it is in a bad state. Which probably doesn't come as a surprise to many.

Aside from the habit forming nature of MMO's and the possibility that taking a break becomes permanent, should someone have taken a break for 2017, would they find that returning a year later would offer them much to do.

There has been about 4 hours of story content added, the Iokath Chapter, 2 flashpoints and a couple of companions. None of it very challenging so I doubt it would take many people more than 4 hours to complete.

The rest the focus of Keith's masterplan, the introduction of 4 Operation bosses through the year is unlikely to appeal to a returning player as they have to find a group (its been a year their guild may be gone if they had one) they need to make sure they are geared or know what they are doing and find a group that wants to do the new op bosses and will take a returning player though. While all possible not easy to jump into and just have fun.

While the new GSF and ground PvP likewise have the issue that being PvP may not be something someone coming back after a year out would be wanting to jump straight into. While there is a good chance that you have lost your characters name (important if your a roleplayer) and your class may have been nerfed in the latest changes.

So you take your break for a year, you jump back in. Does there seem a lot to make it seem worthwhile to keep coming back. After a year it hardly seems like there has been a years worth of updates, let alone much reason for someone that has broken the habit to come back. Yet the development team seem to post 4 times a week and often just maintenance or acknowledging bugs.

If even the supports of the game are looking elsewhere and encouraging others to quit as well, is it surprising that the game and the forums seem so quiet.

"And of course, I will plan to deliver an updated roadmap each quarter. This way you can see not only the direction we are heading, but you’ll know what to expect specifically over the few months."

It our fault really. He didn't specify quarter of what.

My personal guess is by quarter he meant every time the quarter landed in the shotglass marked roadmap set up at the Austin HQ.

Hi Eric.

I am glad you all are still alive. But I am getting worried about the state of the game as a whole after reading serveral news articles. They all have said they are taking devs from all EA companies including bioware Austin to work on new game called Anthem.

I really love this game and dont want to see it go.

Could you all give us a sigh of relieve that swtor will not be hurt with the game Anthem?

Thanks,

Worried fan of swtor

In the past year, have they promised roadmaps every quarter, or is it your own personal expectation?

Keith actually did choose to do these quarterly, said so, and explained his rationale. You even quoted his statement.

However... he is applying the terms "quarterly" very loosely. Loosely enough that it really is more like 3 per year at this point.

Sure... it was stated as his "plan"... and everything they state is pretty much their "plan". If your point was that they can change plans.. then just say it and stop with the crab walking to try to snipe at people about the topic.

Of course they could choose to not do roadmaps.. or any other form of state of the game or future of the game..... but the point remains... Keith set a public comment expectation and has not really adhered to it over the last year. We have seen two roadmaps in the last 9 months.... and with the one coming soon.. that will be at most 3 over the last year.. and not very good ones in terms of disclosure either to be honest.

Edited by Andryah

I wonder what the chances are on a roadmap this week.:rak_02::rak_03:

"Mid February". He never did say which year though. ;)

I think they could get away with releasing anytime until just past the middle of next week and still say they hit that "mid" target.

A 90 Roadmap would be through June. Expect another one in September then.

"Mid February". He never did say which year though. ;)

I think they could get away with releasing anytime until just past the middle of next week and still say they hit that "mid" target.

A 90 Roadmap would be through June. Expect another one in September then.

Maybe we'll get another update on the update of the roadmap update?

Did I do it right?:rak_03:

Please no, I rather not have another level increase and gear reset with little or no new end-game content.

Now that they have instituted the Command Levels and CXP, increasing the regular levels no longer makes any sense. GW2 did the same thing with their hard 80 level cap and Mastery Levels after that.

Once you progress to the new XP system, it would be a "step backwards" to ask players to then start to grind levels again before they return to CXP.

Now that they have instituted the Command Levels and CXP, increasing the regular levels no longer makes any sense. GW2 did the same thing with their hard 80 level cap and Mastery Levels after that.

Once you progress to the new XP system, it would be a "step backwards" to ask players to then start to grind levels again before they return to CXP.

Nonsense...when has Bioware ever let common sense stop them from implementing a bad idea? ;)

Did characters ever get new skills after that point or was it always just a gear grind in "mastery level" from that point on with no new actual character level to level up?

Did characters ever get new skills after that point or was it always just a gear grind in "mastery level" from that point on with no new actual character level to level up?

The two expansions both came with a new specialization for each class (including power creep, while gear remains the same since the base game, they only introduce new stat combinations). You level those through hero points, while mastery points give you skills mostly outside of combat (area loot, mount skills, gliding, jumping on mushrooms, etc.) and the levels/skills are account wide. Afaik when they first did it it was a hell of a grind for the spec and the masteries, but it got better. Not sure if this would work for SWTOR, though.