Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

Good question. Right now it is not planned that you can access these Companions via the terminal on other Classes. However, I passed the suggestion on to the team as something we could possibly implement down the line.

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks for answering my question about how future returns will be handled, and for noting this suggestion. I think it's a good one, people who want companions across classes could get them, while leaving it open to ignore the options for those who do not want to have cross class companions. It's a very balanced solution to fit the variety of preferences in your player base.

Edited by DuchessKristania

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for answering my question about how future returns will be handled, and for noting this suggestion. I think it's a good one, people who want companions across classes could get them, while leaving it open to ignore the options for those who do not want to have cross class companions. It's a very balanced solution to fit the variety of preferences in your player base.

That's a good suggestion but there are some companions, such as Corso would never make sense on an imperial character that is align with the Empire. Corso in the smuggler story made it understood that he hated the Empire so I could never see him on an imperial character that is still align with the Empire due to his stance. I know there are a few others like that as well.

Class-specific means that only the Class that those Companions are originally from will be able to get them. So in this case...

• Risha & Corso - Smuggler only
  • Andronikos - Inquisitor only

Many of them will be, but not all. It depends on the story we are telling with that particular Companion returning. I will make sure we note that for the future returns so you know which is which.

-eric

Makes sense. Jaesa is strongly tied to the SW, for instance.

One request. We REALLY need, NAY deserve a side story of Gault and Guss Tuno, SWTORs odd couple, the galaxy's best con paired with the galaxy's worst.

That would be comedic gold, especially if well written and results in a genuine friendship between the two.

[*]Various bug fixes / updates

Here's one thing I hope you don't miss:

If you fix the bug where Achievements for Yavin warzone reset on logout, please DO NOT adjust the frequency of that warzone yet. Yes, it's been popping very often for almost 2 month, but nobody can actually start or progress on those achievements. Considering that most of them require 50 or more matches and that cross-faction Odessen now seems to pop LESS often than average, it would take a LONG time to get them if it was brought back to normal in the same update that fixes the achievements. At least give us another week or two post-fix before you normalize it!

I don't get how some people are cheesed off that they can't get their "favourites" back on any character... What is the actual benefit? If there's no story reason for them to be there then they will be the exact same as any other companion apart from the ambient lines during healing/combat being slightly different.

You won't be able to speak to them ANYWAYS. Not any more than you can with the original character they come from obviously. Seems like such a non-issue. You do not NEED every companion on every character there are orders of magnitude too many already anyways. This is why there are 8 classes. They are not all meant to be the exact freaking same and encouraging that is just such a bad idea IMO.

I don't get how some people are cheesed off that they can't get their "favourites" back on any character... What is the actual benefit? If there's no story reason for them to be there then they will be the exact same as any other companion apart from the ambient lines during healing/combat being slightly different.

You won't be able to speak to them ANYWAYS. Not any more than you can with the original character they come from obviously. Seems like such a non-issue. You do not NEED every companion on every character there are orders of magnitude too many already anyways. This is why there are 8 classes. They are not all meant to be the exact freaking same and encouraging that is just such a bad idea IMO.

Indeed. Cross-class companions seemed awesome two years ago- what if I can get Risha and Vette back together?

But in practice, it's kinda sucked, and it cheapened companions to faceless interchangable drones. I mean these days I see people running around with NPC droid comps, so they really might as well all be faceless interchangable drones.

A return to class specific on the other hand at least suggests the hope of more meaningful content. It's a small hope, but it's there.

Well, I wouldn't mind having both Iresso and Jorgan for my troopers, for example. And Scourge for my Warrior, two Emperor's hands together would be fun. It would all be in my imagination, of course, but it would still be fun. :)

Plus in the last two (?) years I've grown used to having access to a gazillion comps on the characters that have done KotFEET... well, all 4 or 5 of them? Meh, Never mind. I only have 2 chars that finished KotFEET. But those two have lots of comps. It's more fun than only having Lana and Theron and Kaliyo and Koth and Senya....

...I wish I could un-start KotFEET :(

But still! I can see why some people would want all comps. :D

Nico Okarr - Greatest Smuggler in the Galaxy, never once flies you in or out of anywhere you need to get, you use Tora over him.

To be fair, Nico has made it pretty clear that he is too old for all this. He prefers to sit in a cantina and have one (and then some) drink. Important is the umbrella. Tora on the other hand is still young and willing. When can we finally romance her? :D

One request. We REALLY need, NAY deserve a side story of Gault and Guss Tuno, SWTORs odd couple, the galaxy's best con paired with the galaxy's worst.

I would forgive BW a lot if they would pull this off. The humor of the HK bonus chapter, but even funnier. That would be awesome.

Hey BW, here's an idea: Make a new sub perk: Whoever is constantly subscribed from February to the end of August will receive this exclusive super special, extraordinairy, fantastico bonus chapter with Gault and Guss in September. Win-win for everyone. Except the ones too cheap to pay a sub for half a year. ;)

Why do I have a sneak suspicion the "creators" have something to do with the Rakata

Sounds more like Iokath to me.

Well yes, that's actually true. In my mind I saw Vette and Risha getting back together. I saw Mako and Qyzen getting back together. I saw Torian and Akaavi talking mandalorian style together. I saw Tharan and Lokin pondering about new medical inventions...

But you're right. That would have never happened anyway, except in my imagination.

Good question. Right now it is not planned that you can access these Companions via the terminal on other Classes. However, I passed the suggestion on to the team as something we could possibly implement down the line.

Thanks!

-eric

Perhaps my Inquisitor can start using Assault Cannons, Dual Sabers and Blaster Rifles as well?

Don't make everything the same across the board Eric...if all get everything, nothing matters anymore. You guys have been eroding meaning away of what was good about this game and this would be just another step in that direction. Have pity and let some things still be meaningful.

If all foods would taste the same, who could still enjoy it? That's what's been happening more and more in this game starting with 4.0. One-size-fits-all is the path to boredom and boredom leads to more lost subs.

I really advise against this idea.

That's a good suggestion but there are some companions, such as Corso would never make sense on an imperial character that is align with the Empire. Corso in the smuggler story made it understood that he hated the Empire so I could never see him on an imperial character that is still align with the Empire due to his stance. I know there are a few others like that as well.

While there are some companions that in the vanilla we could never see switch or they have explicitly stated they hate the opposite faction, have in fact done exactly that. Jorgan who is a republic soldier does work with Imperial alliance leaders. While all through vanilla he is hating on them or approving of you killing them and despising them for driving the Cathar from their homeworld. If they can do it with him I don't see it being a problem for any others.

While I am glad these three returning comps are returning through alliance alerts that have been changed up it does worry me that them being class specific does rule them out of any future content, it kind of makes me wonder if they are really going to do away with any real content for companions from here on out.

Edited by serenitty

Agreed.

I just want the ones with the great asses. You can never have too much eye candy.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

While there are some companions that in the vanilla we could never see switch or they have explicitly stated they hate the opposite faction, have in fact done exactly that. Jorgan who is a republic soldier does work with Imperial alliance leaders. While all through vanilla he is hating on them or approving of you killing them and despising them for driving the Cathar from their homeworld. If they can do it with him I don't see it being a problem for any others.

While I am glad these three returning comps are returning through alliance alerts that have been changed up it does worry me that them being class specific does rule them out of any future content, it kind of makes me wonder if they are really going to do away with any real content for companions from here on out.

Jordan and my sorceress never really got along. The story the BW did with regard to that was not right, in my opinion. My sorceress argued about his decision but instead of give Jordan the choice to walk off or letting my sorceress kill him, it was overlooked so essentially he wouldn't have been working with my sorceress other than the way the story was written.

Edited by casirabit

I'd think that ship sailed with Elara Dorne.

Jordan and my sorceress never really got along. The story the BW did with regard to that was not right, in my opinion. My sorceress argued about his decision but instead of give Jordan the choice to walk off or letting my sorceress kill him, it was overlooked so essentially he wouldn't have been working with my sorceress other than the way the story was written.

Oh I agree with you, there are definitely some companions that would not fit, Jorgan is a prime example, my warrior didn't get on with him either. I was just saying whether they fit or not it hasn't stopped BW from doing it. Personally I wish they would have kept all companions to the original class that had them. It's the best place any of them made sense and we have way too many now most do nothing anyway.

Edited by serenitty

Although we will save the specifics for the Roadmap, beyond 5.7 you can expect additional Companions returning, a new Flashpoint, and more! Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting 2018.

-eric

ANOTHER freaking flashpoint?!? What gives? Can you do story properly, please? :t_mad:

Stop trying to cram story and group content into one. It's not fun to slog through trash FPs just to get a snippet of the main story.

Perhaps my Inquisitor can start using Assault Cannons, Dual Sabers and Blaster Rifles as well?

Don't make everything the same across the board Eric...if all get everything, nothing matters anymore. You guys have been eroding meaning away of what was good about this game and this would be just another step in that direction. Have pity and let some things still be meaningful.

If all foods would taste the same, who could still enjoy it? That's what's been happening more and more in this game starting with 4.0. One-size-fits-all is the path to boredom and boredom leads to more lost subs.

I really advise against this idea.

For weapons, I agree.

For companion stories, I agree.

For cosmetic companion running around, who cares? It makes no difference and does no harm.

Class specific returning companions is the worst decision you have made going forward. Really making me regret going with 60 days instead of 30 when I resubbed last year.

Though I guess I'm very glad that throughout all the ******** BioWare has done over the last few years, you've finally given me a definitive reason to pull the plug.

I'd think that ship sailed with Elara Dorne.

I don't think Elara Dorne joined with a Imperial Character that allied with the Empire. You winded up getting Quinn. The only exception may have been if you were a trooper (but there again that was not an imperial character) and had her in the beginning, she might have came back with the trooper provided you didn't do some things in the expansions she didn't like as there were some individuals that lost Elara because of that.

She might have joined with an Imperial character that decided to ally with the Republic in Iokath but I have yet to see her join with an Imperial character that allied with the Empire.

Edited by casirabit

I don't think Elara Dorne joined with a Imperial Character that allied with the Empire. You winded up getting Quinn. The only exception may have been if you were a trooper (but there again that was not an imperial character) and had her in the beginning, she might have came back with the trooper provided you didn't do some things in the expansions she didn't like as there were some individuals that lost Elara because of that.

She might have joined with an Imperial character that decided to ally with the Republic in Iokath but I have yet to see her join with an Imperial character that allied with the Empire.

Elara definitely does not join Imperial characters if you ally with the Empire. On my Sith Warrior she's listed in the long roster, but with a note saying she was disgusted I chose the Empire and refused to ally with me.

Conditions to make Dorne join on Iokath: Side with Jace Malcom. If you are a Trooper, you must also have not killed Jorgan. Regardless of original faction or class, you do not get her if you side with Acina.

Conditions to make Quinn join on Iokath: Side with Acina. If you are a Warrior, you can also get him back if you side with the Republic. Warriors are a special exception, but for any other class/faction, you do not get him if you side with Malcom.

Thus, you can get them both if you are a Warrior, and side with the Republic. You can get neither if you are a Trooper, side with the Republic, but killed Jorgan. Otherwise, you simply get whichever one matches the faction you side with on Iokath.

Sorry for not being clear: My point was that she can be summoned by the terminal if you side with the Empire. (And yes, she joins an Imperial who sides with the Republic. Or at least a bounty hunter who sides with the Republic.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.