Game Update 5.7 and Beyond

EricMusco

For a story focused MMO this is pathetic. If I was a writer on your staff, I'd be embarrassed that this was the work being published.

How can you not realize the problem with companions has existed from the beginning of the game. You flooded the cast, but only let us use one companion, so the logical thing to do is USE YOUR FAVORITE ONE. The love interests should have been the first companions back!

Your cast is inflated. When you pull up the companions and contacts menu, if they aren't good enough to be listed under main characters, they shouldn't have been a companion in the first place. You let function dictate form.

Returning love interests as class specific in nothing more than an alliance alert is undeserving of the character and your fan's loyalty.

If anyone in your creative department was all for this without protest then they don't care about their work and should be let go.

Edited by SebastianII

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for a little bit more of technical stuff like ... dual specc? As a main Jedi Sage Seer solo content is somewhere betwenn hard and annoying long. This would and help out so much because to respec every time and change the keybinds is just poor :(

And I know I shouldn't complain as a Jedi Sage because we can do good DPS as a healer but ...

Edited by Jerim_Tir

I'm going to go to great lengths to tick off everyone in this thread by agreeing and disagreeing partially with virtually every post in this thread.

To the naysayers:

Translucent Wolf is absolutely right and it is amazing to see so many people confuse "January" with "First Quarter or Q1." Last I checked there are 4 quarters and 12 months in a year, respectively. If you look at the time lapse between Crisis on Umbara and Traitor Among the Chiss release, it was 3 months. Frankly, I expected no new content at all until the end of February. Regardless, just because there is a release in January does not preclude new content being released in the following two months. This is not white-knighting or supposition -- it is simply my understanding of the English language and the calendar we follow on planet Earth (at least in the West).

To those thanking Eric without a discerning and skeptical eye:

For the life of me I can't understand why BW holds information so close to their vest. Andryah and I have written (rather eloquently I might add) on the distinction between Roadmaps vs. Action Plans. Surely they knew about the companions and the new Op boss prior to Christmas. Even if they couldn't specify the 23rd and said something along the lines of late January / early February that would have been fine. The new update is only two weeks away. I find it impossible to believe it wasn't pretty much locked in prior.

And so I repeat: Keith, an Action Plan update is not a Roadmap, and while you seem to grasp this point -- a 3 month time frame is also not a roadmap. Extend the time horizon please.

Snarky Dasty :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

So the highlight of the Q1 release schedule for 2018 is stuff that originally should have been released Q3/4 2017?

Wow.

All The Best

Very true but you know what came to mind thats pretty bad as well.

Nadia didn't care for my jedi consular as much as I thought she did. :mad:

Now that I think about it none of them did but qyzen.

Edited by Quraswren

Well, I'm happy. I wasn't expecting any updates/new content at all for at least a month or two more.

I'm looking forward to the companions coming back, although I honestly kinda dread it too. I want to believe they'll get proper mini-chapters and not just voiceless Player Character and personality-less comp "talk" in a frozen screen...

Either way, I'm SO dusting off my old Smuggler girl to see what Corso has to say for himself, and I'll have a look at my second Inquisitor to smack some kisses on Andronihubby. :D

....wonder if my male smuggler had a thing with Risha or not? She's kind of annoying... but my main, male Inquisitor, will be happy to see Andronibuddy too.

Happy New Year, Eric, and here's hoping the class content will make some of us with plenty of alts of all classes happy too. :)

Very true but you know what came to mind thats pretty bad as well.

Nadia didn't care for my jedi consular as much as I thought she did. :mad:

Now that I think about it none of them did but qyzen.

I want Nadia and Zenith so badly :(

Edited by Jerim_Tir

I want Nadia and Zenith so badly :(

The fact that Zenith hasn't been returned is absolutely mind-boggling. It's not like they didn't already have Troy Baker in the studio to record his lines. Seeing as it was just going to be an Alliance Alert anyway they could have just said to him, "Hey, Troy, after you're done with Theron's lines, can you do these ten or so lines for Zenith? Thanks!"

Disappointing to say the least. I was holding out my sub to see what the next update holds. With what I see here there isn't much reason to re-sub until the roadmap launches with more concrete information. I'll wait and see what happens after that hopefully we'll get something worth subbing for again.

Also, I'm glad I dumped Nadia for Lana. At least Lana came looking for me in KotFE. Nadia still hasn't tried to find me at all. Jerk.

Hi Eric, please verify:

Will these companion returns actually be fully-voiced with our characters speaking and it having some sort of cinematography (moving camera), or will these be the very much disliked "classic conversations" we've seen with other companion recruitments where our characters don't speak (or very much interact) and the camera remains static?

Excellent question. I hope that the class specific companion returns are fully acted cutscenes, not the staring at the back of the player's character's non-speaking head type of scenes. Not a fan of those.

The fact that Zenith hasn't been returned is absolutely mind-boggling. It's not like they didn't already have Troy Baker in the studio to record his lines. Seeing as it was just going to be an Alliance Alert anyway they could have just said to him, "Hey, Troy, after you're done with Theron's lines, can you do these ten or so lines for Zenith? Thanks!"

Wonder what will turn out to be better, his class-restricted return in near-ish future (presumably) or the cancelled Alliance Alert? In the latter case at least all classes could get him, if the former happens though :(

Edited by Pietrastor

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeals of happiness for someone who mains a smuggler!!!

As someone with a Scoundrel Republic main and an Assassin Imperial main, I will have all of my main companions back as of the next update.

...EXCEPT THE TWO THAT I WANT THE MOST.

I'm the first in line always to slaughter bioware for the content dribble we receive. Yes, erics statement had about as much meat on it as an ethiopean pig but I am hoping keiths roadmap has all the content in it, namely new operations, not one boss every 4 months, a proper expansion, hotfixes for mercs and matchmaking in regs in regards to healers.

If not, battle for azeroth here i come.

I'm with you on that one, I would love if this game would give me the reason to play it continuously for a long time but with the rate how its getting updated lately and how much content it receives ( especially the multiplayer part of it ) it just cant, unless that gets changed.

Edited by Lunablade