And So My Crusade Continues (With A Giveaway)... Why Are Twi'lek Being Ignored?

Ylliarus

Huh, I had no idea a Twi'lek's skin pigmentation had a reason/story behind it other than "Yeah, fell into the blue bucket at birth" or whatever. http://twileklore.nimanet.org/?page_id=112 < Randomly found that while looking for a Ryl dictionary, was gonna suggest the OP make his request in Ryl/Twi'leki. :p Yes sorry, random. :D Edited by JennyFlynn

Sigh. We'll have to look at you, the new alex. Or are you actually alex, under an alternate login?

In any case, nobody believes you'll give anything away, and most folks probably don't really care. We're replying to this because our lunch break is rather boring otherwise.

Go away.

There there now Grumpy, it's not so bad, it'll be okay, you don't have to look at this thread.

And for what it's worth, I highly, extremely doubt Ylliarus is Alec. Plus he seems a lot more reliable and uh, he doesn't actually have to give anyone anything. He's just being a good sport going along with someone else's playful suggestion, no harm.

I support this cause, because I want to win the draw and then I want to get filmed how her (?) char hands over my char the 100 million credits via trade window and I will click "deny", because I don't want credits for writing a post and then I expect a "confused" emote (if there is no such emote in the game yet, the devs had to add it in time for the video) from her char in a close-up shot to finish off the video.

I support this cause, because I want to win the draw and then I want to get filmed how her (?) char hands over my char the 100 million credits via trade window and I will click "deny", because I don't want credits for writing a post and then I expect a "confused" emote (if there is no such emote in the game yet, the devs had to add it in time for the video) from her char in a close-up shot to finish off the video.

Likewise! I'm glad there are people like you out there Jatta!

I believe Yill was the person that requested the Acina sith eyes in the first place. Let him have his crusade for Twis too.

My entire point of asking for the Acina sith eyes was to also get them for the Twi'lek in the first place, so indeed, the crusade must continue because the ultimate goal is not yet achieved!

Rattataki, according to wookieepedia, have only grey and white as their legends canon eye color. :/ I support it for other races, though!

(And I really wouldn't mind if they added it for rattataki, but going against canon might set an unpleasant example... I don't want to see a chiss with yellow eyes walking around the fleet one day. :p)

Well, the new eyes are Sith eyes - yellow/gold/red/orange mixed together. They're dark-side eyes, not natural colors. So it's not really going against canon in that case (for rattataki, at least! For chiss...ick, no; chiss have pure/mono-colored red eyes, no exceptions). Sure beats having to toggle that idiotic dark/light button to stay at Dark I or whatever for orange/yellow eyes...

^ Very much this indeed. Not even the Rattataki are immune to Dark Side corruption and since the new yellow eye colours are meant to represent eyes turned yellow due to Dark Side corruption, Rattataki should be included as well. I won't be requesting blue or green eyes for them of course as that would contradict lore, but yellow Sith eyes should be no problem. The Dark Side corruption feature ingame also affects Rattataki eyes when it progresses down to Dark V, so this should work to lore-wise :)

Did you ever stop to think maybe, just maybe not all eye colors are compatible with every species in game?

And yet Mirialans get them? Or Cathar get their own unique design? If these three eye colours port over to Cathar while being simultaneously available for Humans as well, then surely it can also be made compatible with Twi'lek. Because the same eye colours for Humans, port over into a unique design for the Cathar without an extra bundle that targets Cathar specifically. There must be a way then to do the same for Twi'lek, Rattataki and Togruta, as it seems to me porting over the same eye colour from humans to Cathar (who have their own unique eye design) would pose a greater challenge.

Sigh. We'll have to look at you, the new alex. Or are you actually alex, under an alternate login?

In any case, nobody believes you'll give anything away, and most folks probably don't really care. We're replying to this because our lunch break is rather boring otherwise.

Go away.

First of all, no, I am not Alec or Alex. You can check my thread and post history to verify. Secondly, if you won't believe me that is fine, but I am a man of my word and I will do the giveaway if the Twi'lek are included into the new Sith eye colours. Consider it a fun little thing and an easy chance to earn some credits ingame! My point is to just give the issue the attention it deserves, because consider this: Twi'lek haven't received A SINGLE additional appearance option SINCE LAUNCH. The same applies for the Rattataki and Togruta have not had any new appearance options since they were released. I have made it my mission to hopefully change this :)

I could care less about the eye options, I just want my Lekku to stop vibrating every time I turn my head. I mean, come on, it's been 6 years already.

I always try to justify it as being the Twi'lek thing that they do twitch their Lekku as a form of communication... in some scenes it even fits very well! That part where you go to Baras' office for the first time and Vette says "did it just become considerably colder in here?" is perfectly reflected in her Lekku twitching out of fear, discomfort or panic.

"In addition to their spoken language, Ryl, the Twi'leks could also communicate through subtle lekku gestures." - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lekku

Don't give any money away, you can say you did or just ignore the post afterwards.

Its just to generate interest, maybe the devs read these forums maybe they don't. But its unlikely anything gets changed based on customer feedback, people have been asking for lots of things on the forums and none of it gets so much as a nod unless its a sycophantic post playing to their ego that doesn't say anything. Which maybe why the game is in the state it is where a lack of content is blamed on the almost no existent development team which is no doubt true as the lack of players has resulted in cut backs.

Don't give any money away, you can say you did or just ignore the post afterwards.

Its just to generate interest, maybe the devs read these forums maybe they don't. But its unlikely anything gets changed based on customer feedback, people have been asking for lots of things on the forums and none of it gets so much as a nod unless its a sycophantic post playing to their ego that doesn't say anything. Which maybe why the game is in the state it is where a lack of content is blamed on the almost no existent development team which is no doubt true as the lack of players has resulted in cut backs.

Someone wants to give away (fake virtual) money and then they ask him not to, the world is truly filled with wonders!

But my main point is indeed to generate interest for this subject, because it's just ridiculous that almost all the other species got some new additional appearance customization options (don't get me started and what humans got) yet Twi'lek, which seem to be a fairly popular species when you look around in the game, hasn't receive A SINGLE additional appearance option SINCE LAUNCH. That is six years now, six years.

Edited by Ylliarus

So... here's the thing. If I get drawn, and offered money, I'd take it. I mean... I never seem to generate a lot of credits, I feel rich if I'm sitting on more than two million on my bank character (or legacy vault, now).

But I really do support this. We've seen Twi'lek Sith Lords (Darth Talon, and also the Sith who leads the battle against the Twin Princes on Korriban) with yellow eyes. We KNOW THIS IS A THING.

...and don't fret about natural pigments or anything like that. Let's be blunt;

• Tiny deviations from Lore is 100% acceptable if it gives players what they want.
  • Nar Shaddaa HAS black market organs. You want yellow eyes, you can buy them.
  • Yellow eyes is a Dark Side thing, not an iris pigmentation thing.

...to be honest, if I won, I'd be ecstatic with even 10 mill. I can be motivated by filthy lucre, but it's easy when you agree with the cause.

I always support more options but I think you can rally for the cause without a giveaway - there are surely many other players (myself included) who play Twi'lek and like to have more options available. And other players who don't play Twi'lek but are nice enough to support this anyway.

Don't be another Tracer Missile Guy or Traditional Robes Guy. Please?

(That said, Traditional Robes Guy no longer has an excuse.)

Rest assured I will not exceed the bounds of rationality ;) that said... the Traditional Robes person did get what they wanted through their dedication and persistence. But all I want is that this issue is highlighted and has a place on the forums. What I am asking for is not much, it's merely that with all the new customization options are being released races like Twi'lek will also be included because they haven't had a single additional appearance option since launch.

I always support more options but I think you can rally for the cause without a giveaway - there are surely many other players (myself included) who play Twi'lek and like to have more options available. And other players who don't play Twi'lek but are nice enough to support this anyway.

Well... I hate to admit it but threads I made in the past about this subject didn't attract as much attention as this one when I put giveaway in the title :p It started off as some friendly banter when someone suggested it, but now I see it actually works... crazy, isn't it?

So... here's the thing. If I get drawn, and offered money, I'd take it. I mean... I never seem to generate a lot of credits, I feel rich if I'm sitting on more than two million on my bank character (or legacy vault, now).

But I really do support this. We've seen Twi'lek Sith Lords (Darth Talon, and also the Sith who leads the battle against the Twin Princes on Korriban) with yellow eyes. We KNOW THIS IS A THING.

...and don't fret about natural pigments or anything like that. Let's be blunt;

• Tiny deviations from Lore is 100% acceptable if it gives players what they want.
  • Nar Shaddaa HAS black market organs. You want yellow eyes, you can buy them.
  • Yellow eyes is a Dark Side thing, not an iris pigmentation thing.

...to be honest, if I won, I'd be ecstatic with even 10 mill. I can be motivated by filthy lucre, but it's easy when you agree with the cause.

I very much agree with everything you said. Darth Talon and Atroxa (that's the one leading the defense of Korriban against Arcann and Thexan) both exhibit yellow Sith eyes so we know it's a thing in lore. Besides, I believe regardless of your species if you were sufficiently attuned to the Dark Side then your eyes would turn yellow regardless. It's a very universal thing with the Force. So it can't be lore reasons that prevent Twi'lek from getting the yellow Sith eyes.

Edited by Ylliarus