Eyes

Cuiwe

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably what they were trying to do, but whoever coded it had a brain-fart and screwed it all up.

Yeah, they have had a LOT of brain farts lately. Come to think of it...it didn't use to happen lumped like this. Hm...

...maybe something big's coming. Or they are working on another game in parallel to managing SWTOR.

Edited by Cuiwe

Yeah, they have had a LOT of brain farts lately. Come to think of it...it didn't use to happen lumped like this. Hm...

...maybe something big's coming. Or they are working on another game in parallel to managing SWTOR.

The same way they didn't update us for a month when the sparkly eyes were a thing, I doubt we'll get anything from them now.

The same way they didn't update us for a month when the sparkly eyes were a thing, I doubt we'll get anything from them now.

This isn't changing the texture of the eyes, it's changing the actual color. In the case of my Zabrak, I suspect they were switched to the cartel market white eyes option...yet I never paid for that. I would think BW might have a problem with that, but if it isn't repeatable or something that could be done on purpose, then maybe not, I don't know.

Just checked my other characters. Mirialan with golden brown eyes now has green. Togruta with dark brown eyes now has...I don't know what it is...something lighter, gray? I can't tell. My blue eyed characters seem ok, but maybe I just couldn't zoom in enough to see better. All in all I think I have at least 4 characters affected. Looks like brown and yellow were on the list of color bugs, but not for all races. My yellow-eyed Purebloods still look normal to me.

NPC's are being affected as well. Clearly a wide reaching bug. Would be nice to just get an update or an ETA on a fix.

Edited by CloudCastle

I logged in first time since the patch today to see my DS V Inquisitor's red eyes (dark side corruption) having some weird orange patches. I take it it's another symptom of the same problem? Hopefully to be fixed soon? :confused:

https://i.imgur.com/N8nkc0B.jpg

One of my characters had red eyes. With Dark-Side corruption, they become this flashy-light yellow... it's awful.

This isn't changing the texture of the eyes, it's changing the actual color. In the case of my Zabrak, I suspect they were switched to the cartel market white eyes option...yet I never paid for that. I would think BW might have a problem with that, but if it isn't repeatable or something that could be done on purpose, then maybe not, I don't know.

Just checked my other characters. Mirialan with golden brown eyes now has green. Togruta with dark brown eyes now has...I don't know what it is...something lighter, gray? I can't tell. My blue eyed characters seem ok, but maybe I just couldn't zoom in enough to see better. All in all I think I have at least 4 characters affected. Looks like brown and yellow were on the list of color bugs, but not for all races. My yellow-eyed Purebloods still look normal to me.

NPC's are being affected as well. Clearly a wide reaching bug. Would be nice to just get an update or an ETA on a fix.

Redskin eyes look MUCH better now. I'm such a fan of them!

It's just...Zabraks were hit the hardest. They flatout REMOVED like 80% of eye colors! >.<

Hi Eric Musco. Any word of fix for the eyes?

Currently, there's a seriously zombie-est look to character and NPC eyes in cutscenes. Brainzzz!"

Hoping for a fix, soon. Thanks.

Don't hold your breath. This is the time of the year they're famously absent until January-ish.

Due to the absolute enormous amount of bugs with this patch, I'm not playing until they return after the holidays and maybe try to do something about it.

Edited by Plastic_Fork

Don't hold your breath. This is the time of the year they're famously absent until January-ish.

Due to the absolute enormous amount of bugs with this patch, I'm not playing until they return after the holidays and maybe try to do something about it.

Between this and some other issues I know of some accounts that are going to be canceled if they're not fixed with the next patch on the 12th. Maybe they just don't care. And if they don't care, then why should their subscribers care enough to toss money at them every month?

I am comforted to know I am not the only one upset about this unintentional change. I logged off before the last patch in November with my Zabrak having yellow eyes and when I logged back in a few days ago this same character had bright blue eyes. It was disorienting and I did not know what to make of it.

It may sound odd but the way I enjoy playing this game is heavily influenced by the color of my characters eyes. Right now I am playing this character with a helmet and though I find it satisfactory I can tell the novelty will wear off soon. If I get bored of seeing my character with a helmet on all the time I will probably unsub and return at a later time.

Edited by shirtandtie

Hey all.... read this post from beginning to end and while I agree with the majority of respondents in wanting our pre-5.5 colors/textures back, I'm experiencing an "eye" problem not posted (here) as yet... in certain locations on Fleet, in FPs or on planetary missions (in and out of cut-scenes), my alts look CROSS-EYED!!

The next time I see this, will try to take a screenshot and post back, but the effect is really..... disconcerting.... to say the least.:mad:

Hey all.... read this post from beginning to end and while I agree with the majority of respondents in wanting our pre-5.5 colors/textures back, I'm experiencing an "eye" problem not posted (here) as yet... in certain locations on Fleet, in FPs or on planetary missions (in and out of cut-scenes), my alts look CROSS-EYED!!

The next time I see this, will try to take a screenshot and post back, but the effect is really..... disconcerting.... to say the least.:mad:

My original trooper's* right eye has always been slightly off, like lazy eye. But I've always considered it part of her "charm" because it made her look, I don't know, natural for a lack of a better term. But I know what you're saying. I've seen it quite a bit, but more pronounced, with other characters as well.

*Created 12/16/11.

Was less obvious on some characters than others but once I logged into some of the more obvious ones... once I hit those I instantly came here hoping there was a thread...

The most extreme changes are on my Zabrak characters, on both sides, where there are wild shifts like bright yellow turning into blueish grey. That said even some of the more mild ones are definitively worse looking, and/or just not what was chosen/intended for the character. Mild eyes looking severe. Hues no longer working with skin tone, etc.

These need to be reverted. I can't be the only one who puts work into designing characters to look a certain way and the way humans register faces is largely based around the eyes. Having them all SNAFU is a detriment to everyone's character design.

There must be something controlling reflect/specular levels that could be controlled without creating hue shifts or baking in attempts at lighting that override the base color.

i had unlocked cool sith yellow eyes for most of my human characters. not only did they lost their original glow and are now more darker than even normal eyes were before but all colors on all available eyes are so messed up i cant stand it. also it looks like they have layer of glass over them. its just wrong Edited by Darittha

So it seems like they are restoring the old eyes, which is good, but I will be honest, I am gonna miss the current Vibrant Blue eyes the most .. kinda just hoping that some of the new textures will be added to that Extended Options pack, as I was quite fond of the new Green/Blue eyes. Edited by iFenris

The eyes.

Are still.

Screwed up. (For some, at least.)

They kept the textures but attempted to revert the colors. This did NOT work. Zabrak eyes are still far lighter than they should be - my zabrak with dark brown eyes still has light yellow ones. Hexid has peach-yellow eyes. "Vibrant" green eyes are an incredibly dull shade of gray-green. Hardly "vibrant." Every other "vibrant" color seems to be fixed, however.

Edited by Jagaimee

I rather have the shinny eyes back. Eyes still look crap. The only real difference is they just look duller. :t_frown:

Oh and white looks completely wrong and everything everybody just mentioned about the other eye colours. Brown looks like orange....

Edited by DarkEcIipse