Eyes

Cuiwe

My human with the lighter brown eyes now looks like she's developed cataracts, and the whites of her eyes are yellow-brown, like she's developed some severe form of jaundice. This is worse than the sparkly/Goa'uld eyes, now my Jedi Master looks diseased in every cut scene.

Why can't you guys go back to the eyes that actually worked? Why do you instead break them in new and worse ways instead?

Edited by AscendingSky

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They toned down the sparkle but pre 5.6 the over the top sparkle reacted with the light but now, if you look closely the "sparkle" now doesn't react to light, it's just static, which make the eyes look fake. And the Default eye color 3 green is more Vibrant then the CM vibrant green.

Other then these two issues, I do like the the new textures for the eyes, well, not all of them, especially the browns and yellow preimum eyes, those need to be re done, the vibrant blue eyes are the same as Arcann's and I love it. But I do indeed hope that my listed issues that myself and guild mates brought up could get looked at.

Edited by iFenris

Aside from the obvious colour switches (my human warrior had yellow eyes and now they are.. green?), all of the eye colours are dark and drab. If I want light blue, my options are medium grey or bright white.

I love that you added the DS colours BTW, but I would have preferred to have them look the way they did before. I kinda like the new multi-tone textures but they need brightening up so we can actually see the colour. At the moment, it's hard to tell the difference between all the browns/yellows/oranges.

Please fix this ASAP!

Thank you!

Indeed.

Getting into the game after a patch and seeing your favorite character with all of a sudden a totally different (it's not about nuance here when they were yellow and now they are white ...) eye color (which you didn't ask for) and on top a jedi robe which is blue instead of light brown (which you didn't ask for) is just ... sad. I know, "things" can happen in games and patching process (and some of the new features work/are fine and I thank you for them), but these issues need to be fixed ASAP. It's not a thing to be fixed in a couple of months ... you can't expect paying customers to wait months until they will get their favorite characters back the way they were (well you can, but how goes the saying? Fool me once ...).

If there is an issue where eye colours are changed for people for example where they had blue and now have brown then that should be fixed, but I hope people are not asking a return to the old texturing design of the eye colours :( I really wouldn't want to have those dull lifeless coloured plastic ones back, I absolutely love the new design!

That said, Twi'lek light blue eye colour option is now pitch black as this player stated in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=938662

Edited by Ylliarus

I told you guys to not change the eye reflection. Now they look like dead eyes. Gross.

edit: and D*** ** they took out brown eyes completely. SOAB!!!

Eyes were fine before 5.5. Then BW increased overall reflection to levels where you clearly see the reflection texture on polished surfaces, and even the glimmer of the eyes was increased that much that we had teary glass eyes. The 5.6 "fix" was to replace the eye-textures or the eye-model's reflectivity settings with ones that are much less reflective to compensate for the overall reflection issue, but also seem to interact differently with ambience coloring. (My guess is the color texture didn't change at all, but it no longer gets a hue from the the gloss/specularity textures after they were modified to work with the new, insane reflection settings.)

The eyes look dead and miscolored now, but the ambience still is full of weird mirrors that show a completely different world. Restore the pre 5.5. reflection settings and textures. And then "improve" the reflections on the models you actually wanted to "improve" on a per-model level, instead of an engine-wide setting.

Edited by Mubrak

Eyes were fine before 5.5. Then BW increased overall reflection to levels where you clearly see the reflection texture on polished surfaces, and even the glimmer of the eyes was increased that much that we had teary glass eyes. The 5.6 "fix" was to replace the eye-textures or the eye-model's reflectivity settings with ones that are much less reflective to compensate for the overall reflection issue, but also seem to interact differently with ambience coloring. (My guess is the color texture didn't change at all, but it no longer gets a hue from the the gloss/specularity textures after they were modified to work with the new, insane reflection settings.)

The eyes look dead and miscolored now, but the ambience still is full of weird mirrors that show a completely different world. Restore the pre 5.5. reflection settings and textures. And then "improve" the reflections on the models you actually wanted to "improve" on a per-model level, instead of an engine-wide setting.

I honestly wonder if they even know how to fix the core issues and reflections at this point. It seems like they fix one thing but the next patch breaks ten other things.

Heck, they still haven't fixed the big butt bug on the Jedi Stormguard, Resolute Guardian, Temple Guardian, and other similar robes and they even broke the colors on the Jedi Stormguard and Resolute Guardian.

I really don't get what people are complaining about, the eyes really look amazing and just fine to me? :( I really don't see reflection-problems or anything like that and actually I find the new design more lively than the previous design we had. Note, I do have my settings on highest possible so it's not an issue of me having worse graphics. I genuinely find the new design to be beautiful and have no issues regarding reflection or lighting.

I really don't get what people are complaining about, the eyes really look amazing and just fine to me? :( I really don't see reflection-problems or anything like that and actually I find the new design more lively than the previous design we had. Note, I do have my settings on highest possible so it's not an issue of me having worse graphics. I genuinely find the new design to be beautiful and have no issues regarding reflection or lighting.

I don't know what you're seeing, but my toons all appear to have cataracts and jaundice. They look diseased, I can't even look at them in cut scenes. I have all my graphics settings maxxed out so that's not the issue. I wish they'd go back to the pre-5.5 eyes that didn't look diseased or overly sparkly and leave them alone.

Edited by AscendingSky

The reflection itself seems fine now, but the color looks washed out. My main character is supposed to have dark brown eyes. Here is a comparison: http://i.imgs.fyi/img/1zhm.jpg

The reflection itself seems fine now, but the color looks washed out. My main character is supposed to have dark brown eyes. Here is a comparison: http://i.imgs.fyi/img/1zhm.jpg

But... the new design post-5.6 looks much more beautiful in my opinion? XD In the pre-5.5 I don't even notice the difference between the iris and the pupil. It's all almost black, while in the post-5.6 you see the brown and the pupil seperate, the brown looks so much more beautiful and textured. Really, I'd take the new design over the old one anytime, the old one was ugly, simple and plastic-y.

My character now has strange, powder blue eyes. There's something artificial looking about them, like they're made of fine blue paper.

I understand that they're trying to make graphical upgrades. I wish they could give us all one free eye color change at the appearance design station, so that people who aren't happy with the upgrade could pick another color.

But... the new design post-5.6 looks much more beautiful in my opinion? XD In the pre-5.5 I don't even notice the difference between the iris and the pupil. It's all almost black, while in the post-5.6 you see the brown and the pupil seperate, the brown looks so much more beautiful and textured. Really, I'd take the new design over the old one anytime, the old one was ugly, simple and plastic-y.

I had no problem with the way eyes were the other day. I created a new assassin last Sunday with YELLOW eyes. Again, after the patch they're green. In some cinematics, they're yellow again, but in others they're that nasty green. What the hell? Wake up and get this fixed.

I understand that they're trying to make graphical upgrades. I wish they could give us all one free eye color change at the appearance design station, so that people who aren't happy with the upgrade could pick another color.

I'd be happy with that. At least then I can change them back without having to pay for them AGAIN.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

First off, people who picked dark brown eyes WANTED them to look that way. They didn't want the lighter brown eyes. There's nothing somehow not 'beautiful' about deep dark brown eyes.

Second, just like with my character, there's a clouding of the iris and pupil area that makes it look like they're afflicted with cataracts, and the sclera on both eyes has noticably yellowed. I personally prefer my toons to not look diseased.

First off, people who picked dark brown eyes WANTED them to look that way. They didn't want the lighter brown eyes. There's nothing somehow not 'beautiful' about deep dark brown eyes.

Second, just like with my character, there's a clouding of the iris and pupil area that makes it look like they're afflicted with cataracts, and the sclera on both eyes has noticably yellowed. I personally prefer my toons to not look diseased.

This. I was on Hutta a day ago. And some old npc couple namely the woman looked like her eyes had mucus diseased filled eyes. And ours don't look much better.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Okay, so the new eyes are not good. Is there a way to primarily keep the texture but make sure the colour is the same as the originals? The old vs. new brown eyes, for example, are the worst. I think on the whole the texture is good but it's the non-matching old vs. new colours that I hate. The look of most of my toons is now significantly different which was a nasty surprise given the other good changes in this patch.

No, human eyes do not look good, especially if they were dark or light brown. I'm all for having more variety, so adding hazel would have been cool, but I would prefer having options added, not having existing characters' eye color changed. And, more than one of my brown-eyed characters now looks like she or he has cataracts. And the saturation on the true green and true blue have been raised to an unrealistic level, as if someone gave them garish contact lenses.

This makes me kind of glad that my "main" is a Miraluka.

Edited by Lilarienne

My character now has strange, powder blue eyes. There's something artificial looking about them, like they're made of fine blue paper.

And what about Imperial Zabraks? Their eye colors have been COMPLETELY CHANGED. There is no "oh pick the closest". You CAN'T. If you happened to pick one of the three darker ones(why wouldn't you?).

Also, at this rate, they'll have to give us Hazel eyes(without cataracts, of course) AND Cartel Coin reimbursement as a way of saying "sorry". Broken cast bars, broken colors...*** is this? Professional? lol roflmao