New WoW expansion announced! Any hurry-up for SWTOR?

SaerethDL

They still have Stalker I.D. but soon you will be able to appear "Offline" as an option. I hated it too. what I said before though is the point to Vanilla servers. Any QoL improvements other than original Quest bugs, and I am not talking about fixing the horrid drop rates. would not be the same experience imo. also how many people today play the old world content specifically pre BC? it is by far the fastest thing I want to get past in wow. anything pre 60 is yuck! and that's with all the QOL changes including flying...

just my opinion of course, but really if they actually brought back the old pre 3.0 Daily's in SWTOR I would be EXTREMLY Happy!! that's saying a lot for any game!

You can already appear off line

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the hurt of being kicked out of swtor because of the server relocation, the wow expansion has taken some of the edge of it. It looks fantastic and I'm hyped.

Even tho I still have a couple of months left on this sub I've already decided to stop playing and I've gone back to wow to prepare for the expansion.

Unless its a hurry up to add things to CM, i dont see BW/EA doing anything for this game atm. Looking at that WOW expac....and seeing the great job they did with Legion while here we got nerfs, 2 fps, server merges, 2 new maps for pvp....just lol....just lol.

Just watched the trailer and I wish it wasn't the case but makes me want to dust of my death knight. I know its cartoonish graphics and walls of text for quests but there is just so much to do.

^^^^

I've been thinking about me orc rogue. Seriously thinking about re-upping to WOW. I stopped playing after I went through WotLK.

Now I know they have 6 mil subs (when I stopped playing it was 12 mil), so much more money but com'on BW. I did like KotFE/KotET but we need something else soon. Hell, even LOTRO manages to pump out DLC's on a regular basis.

Yeah I watched the Blizzcon live stream and honestly the amount of content and QoL updates we're getting for Warcraft is insane. They're really going all out which is awesome but as I was telling my friends on FB, it also saddens me because I know Bioware will NEVER provide something similar for SWTOR. EA is all about making money while spending as little as possible. They'll splurge a bit on promo videos because advertising brings in the spenders but they count every penny where game development is concerned. It's a shame really.

A lot of people wanted Blizzard to take the then Bioware MMO, even before EA took it over way back before people really knew anything about Swtor. But, there was a company called LucasArts that would not have liked that, and i don't think George would either, as both MMO's are very different in styles. Both visually in Engines and technical areas in the way each company did things. Also, Bioware was a proven company at the time at making good story-lines, which LA liked.

I don't know how well Blizzard and LucasArts would've gotten' along in a "What if it happened", type of team-up. From what i know of from both companies at the time, they're honeymoon would have been very short with a fast divorce.

Edited by MandFlurry

All of your criteria regarding Vanilla depends on how these Classic servers will actually play out. How many game-play nuisances from that era they'll be keeping because they did say there would be some improvements over the original vanilla game. Right now no one knows the full details though so the actual details are pure speculation.

Returning to the game after a long while, or being a brand new player can be daunting though that much is true. The game is huge and there is so much. It's a double edged sword for me. On one hand I love that I can take a 6 month break from SWTOR without having to worry about "all the changes/new stuff" upon return... on the other hand it's also sad you can walk away for 6 months and when you come back it's just mostly the same whereas in WoW there'll be tons of new things.

I still have nightmares about me spending 3 weeks grinding Timbermaw for rep. My god. But if they do really being the "classic back" that would also mean the world pvp. I'd go back for the TM/SS wars. The world PVP was much fun from 2004 to 2010 (yes I started playing WOW in November 2004 on my mac. It had just released). Remember those weekend long AV matches? EPIC.

If anyone does reup, let me know.. maybe we can all hit the same servers.. start a guild of SWTOR players. I started on Earthen Ring. But spent most of my time on Blackrock. Also have toons on Proudmoore.

Edited by cagthehack

I still have nightmares about me spending 3 weeks grinding Timbermaw for rep. My god. But if they do really being the "classic back" that would also mean the world pvp. I'd go back for the TM/SS wars. The world PVP was much fun from 2004 to 2010 (yes I started playing WOW in November 2004 on my mac. It had just released). Remember those weekend long AV matches? EPIC.

If anyone does reup, let me know.. maybe we can all hit the same servers.. start a guild of SWTOR players. I started on Earthen Ring. But spent most of my time on Blackrock. Also have toons on Proudmoore.

Thing is, even no matter how much more Content they put into WoW, it's not Star Wars, and as i'm a lot older now to, i find that games that do have a lot more, isn't exactly "My kind of more content". Don't get me wrong i have tried to play WoW at least, at least i tried it, but it's not my cup of tea.

If this was say SOE, the worst company for Star Wars, as i was around in even their beta's, but unlike SOE, Bioware is still fighting, even with the 'ball and chain of EA around their ankles'. SOE never even allowed people to post Negatively about them whatsoever, i got banned on 2 accounts, and barely stayed with only my 3rd and last account.

But hey, people were never ever allowed to post too negatively either, the difference is night and day with the kind of people that run this game and what was SWG, ask TUX and some other oldies. TUX was the Commando Senator, then when TUX told SOE that some decisions were not for the better of the community he got banned. No cursing no nothing.

I will stay with this game, as long as i personally know the Devs and Director's are "trying" to fix things and make content. Until i hear otherwise from sources i'll be here. EA is really the Giant that is preventing so much more content from being made, they just don't have the resources, but i still hope.

Maybe there will be repeats of these classics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lo9kmcEw0w - Remember folks, minus DKP!

and

Edited by Ofcolombia

I've been playing WoW again for the last few month and I've yet to get bored.

they put more in to each expansion that there is in this entire game

Legion is certainly very impressive same as the way their new expansion looks....meanwhile at BW/EA - nothing for SWTOR. If I wasn't such a SW fan i would have abandoned this game years ago...i had some hopes with kotfe and etc, but 2017 has killed this game for me, kotet was so sub par, content throughout the year is almost negligible, nerfs and server merges....its pains me to see how Blizzard cares for their MMO compared to the way SWTOR is being handled. Damn shame.

Maybe there will be repeats of these classics:

Ahh the great Leroy Jenkins.

God, I remember when Blackrock was hard. When I left the game, I was running it as two man (me and a priest). But I hear Blizz had reworked all the original dungeons to be competitive at any level.

The last thing anyone on these forums should suggest is that the devs on SWTOR should hurry anything up.

For those with a history with the game, please remember last year's near-constant fiasco of Tuesday patches leading to emergency shutdowns/reboots and subsequent patches on Thursdays.

Have the patience to let them do it as right as they can without feeling rushed.

Rushing the devs won't result in a quality product. Ever.

WoW has always, from the very beginning, made SWTOR look ridiculous.

In my case, i play this game because of the story and voice acting, though lately it's becoming quite scarce. If they ever remove it, im out for good. But yea, here we get half an op, 5 mins of story and repeated, rehashed and reskinned content, while WoW gets...THAT. Pffft, it's just pathetic ffs. Oh well.

No matter how much content they will provide i wont play wow for some reasons:

1) the most important reason is forever gear grind. It is just unreal to gear up in wow to BiS unless you play it every day and pretty much. And if you don't, others will be better. You grind gear, then you lv, up your weapon, THEN you hope to get legendary gear pieces ( not important for battlegrounds though but still viable in open world pvp). In addition to this, you cant grind BiS gear in wow by doing whatever content you like! In swtor i geared up in full 248 four my characters by playing ranked and regs pvp! In wow via only pvp it's almost unreal to gear up, which means that blizzard forces their players to play WHAT THEY WANT. So be ready to grind keys into dungeons if you want to gear up before the new gear appears (which happens pretty often)

2)their class balance is even worse than in swtor... yeah swtor has some problems but in wow it is even worse since every patch they have 1--2 super dominating specs, 2-4 specs in a ""good shape" and 1-2 "absolutely useless specs". For example, one patch frost dk and bm hunter dominates pvp, next patch frost dk becomes useless but shadow priest starts dominating, in next patch shadow priest becomes useless but subtlety rogue becomes powerful.... etc. Because of this Players are forced to switch between classes and specs which is pretty stupid

3) cartoon graphics

They are yes, "Warcraft; Classic" offering vanilla servers. Not too many details on it yet but it's coming.

OMG! Original Alterac Valley??!!! Sorry BW but given a choice between a company that offers something I actually want to do and your failure to fix the issues in this game (especially with Quinn & the failure to realise ORIGINAL companions mattered) I think (if it's true) my money will be thrown back at WoW.

A big announcement would be nice, so long as it doesn't involve leveling all my max-level characters and regrinding their entire gear sets. I have 246+ sets for every class and love the versatility it brings, it's so limiting to only be able to play one or two for months after an xpac until their gear is full and I can begin spreading it out.

Unless its a hurry up to add things to CM, i dont see BW/EA doing anything for this game atm. Looking at that WOW expac....and seeing the great job they did with Legion while here we got nerfs, 2 fps, server merges, 2 new maps for pvp....just lol....just lol.

Agree what Bioware delivered would only be a minor patch in WoW, it's a shame.

As for BW needing to hurry up, I don't really see why. It's not like they're competing.

It's not like they want or have what it takes to compete anymore :rolleyes:

Even though I'm not at all into WoW, the expansion announcement looks super cool, I'll have to admit it.

As a reminder, BW also had a nice looking trailer for KOTFE... Which resulted in one of the worst expansion ever released (currently competing with KOTET for the title) :rak_03:

But again, we're talking about something completely different. Blizzard have the team, money and are willing to do better for the players, as for BW, even the will to do better seems to flicker sometimes. :(

But I guess (and hope) it's just because EA don't want to spend money except when it comes to superb CGI trailers. :rak_02:

Edited by supertimtaf

I'm not sure what they'll be doing for PvP maps like AV in Classic. I do know the new expansion is making changes to World PvP. They're doing away with designated PvP servers and instead implementing a PvP toggle. If you flag yourself and leave the city to go out into the world, you'll be zoned into an 'instance' of that area with anyone else who's PvP flagged. They're also adding incentives to encourage people to world PvP (and still quest rather than just stand around ganking, though you still can)

Source:

• The PvP vs PvE server division is going away, replaced by an individual toggle. You can choose if you want to opt in to PvP or not when you are in town. Players that feel trapped on PvP servers have a way out. This opens up the game to changing and improving the world PvP ruleset.

• New content like bounty hunting or assassination quests will become an option.

• There will be bonuses to experience, reputation and other things when you are questing with PvP mode enabled to offset the inefficiency.

• Building a foundation to make World PvP great again.

I actually like this. I'm not always in the mood for World PvP but this offers a nice way to get into it when the mood strikes.

It's not like they want or have what it takes to compete anymore :rolleyes:

Even though I'm not at all into WoW, the expansion announcement looks super cool, I'll have to admit it.

As a reminder, BW also had a nice looking trailer for KOTFE... Which resulted in one of the worst expansion ever released (currently competing with KOTET for the title) :rak_03:

But again, we're talking about something completely different. Blizzard have the team, money and are willing to do better for the players, as for BW, even the will to do better seems to flicker sometimes. :(

But I guess (and hope) it's just because EA don't want to spend money except when it comes to superb CGI trailers. :rak_02:

Eh, I do understand where you're coming from, especially with the trailer thingy. Expansions were better "content wise" when there weren't any cinematic trailers.:rak_01:

The rest of your post is pretty spot on as well! Unfortunately. I do have some more hope in whatever next expansion for swtor is coming out next year. Things overall have been better I'd say, with some foot steps in the mud here and there.:rak_03:

Time will tell!:rak_04:

WoW is on the ball with full blown expansions every two years and now a vanilla wow legacy servers. It feels like time for a huge swtor announcement to come soon, you know, with those multi-million dollar fancy trailers they invest in advertisement instead of the actual game. But seriously, lets do it this time.. something special.. charge me full price, **** charge me 100 bucks and i'll still buy it, but make it special.. like the mcdonalds secret sauce, ya'll have something that is gonna blow us away.. I believe I'm part jedi as the force is tingling in me like I feel a disturbance and it's not because I just ate a big box from taco bell.

Don't hold your breath.

Eh, I do understand where you're coming from, especially with the trailer thingy. Expansions were better "content wise" when there weren't any cinematic trailers.:rak_01:

The rest of your post is pretty spot on as well! Unfortunately. I do have some more hope in whatever next expansion for swtor is coming out next year. Things overall have been better I'd say, with some foot steps in the mud here and there.:rak_03:

Time will tell!:rak_04:

Well, I've noticed they aren't hiring anymore peoples for swtor (from what BW's official site says). This could be either good or bad news. But we'll keep hoping. ^^

Still, a little disappointed by the next CM pack D: Full of reskin :( Let's hope the next update will bring more than simple reskin :/

And... The expansions weren't "better" (#Makeb). They were just more polished, with more content and more replayability.

The new features they brought where far better than what we've received with 4.0 or 5.0, even though you can still see some really good adjustment, but they are definitely rare. :rolleyes:

Edited by supertimtaf

I'm not sure what they'll be doing for PvP maps like AV in Classic. I do know the new expansion is making changes to World PvP. They're doing away with designated PvP servers and instead implementing a PvP toggle. If you flag yourself and leave the city to go out into the world, you'll be zoned into an 'instance' of that area with anyone else who's PvP flagged. They're also adding incentives to encourage people to world PvP (and still quest rather than just stand around ganking, though you still can)

Source:

I actually like this. I'm not always in the mood for World PvP but this offers a nice way to get into it when the mood strikes.

:eek: Bounty Hunter and Assassination missions! :eek: Man we are a star wars mmo and don't even have that :confused: