Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unpopular SWTOR opinions

AdharaKyleth

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unpopular opinions.... :eek: Ok... you asked for it. ;)

• I think BW focusing on story for the last two years was great.
  • I enjoyed the monthly chapter release format.
  • I enjoyed KOTFE waaaaay more than KOTET
  • I'm glad they're doing more direct sales on the CM.
  • I hope they lower the direct sale prices on platinum vanity items to $20 or less if for no other reason than to bring the prices on the gtn down to a level that doesn't feel overpriced to the majority of the population.
  • I think Lana is great as a character.
  • GC works great for my play style.
  • GSF controls should be upgraded to support controllers/joysticks

Yes... let your hate flow! Only then will you be powerful enough to defeat me. :csw_vader::D

I don't know if this post was meant to be taken seriously or not.

Unpopular opinions.... :eek: Ok... you asked for it. ;)

[*]I think BW focusing on story for the last two years was great.

The high level idea of focusing on story in itself isn't bad in theory or on paper. The story they focused on was not the story anyone was asking for though. If the story had been a good SW story, I think the game would be in a better place right now, not a perfect place, just a better place.

[*]I enjoyed the monthly chapter release format.

Again, if the story had been better received, this might not have been bad.

[*]I enjoyed KOTFE waaaaay more than KOTET

Yeah. I think so, but at the same time, that's kinda like saying Moe is smarter than Curly.

[*]I'm glad they're doing more direct sales on the CM.

I'll admit it. I've bought a few items from the CM direct sales. In my opinion, I don't mind the CM since most of what it sells is cosmetic gear. What I now avoid like the plague, especially since the introduction of chance cubes, are the cartel packs. I don't feel the need to elaborate on that.

[*]I think Lana is great as a character.

Some people think Lana is a bad character? Really? I thought she was pretty good.

[*]GC works great for my play style.

Well, if you're serious, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Okay, to be fair, GC could have been implemented as a way to earn bonus gear and bonus extra goodies. But, at least from the start, they decided to make gearing via RNG the only way to gear. Now, it's a little bit....less bad. But...do I really need to explain why GC/CXP/RNG is bad? Haven't we beaten that dead horse enough?

Yes... let your hate flow! Only then will you be powerful enough to defeat me. :csw_vader::D

Yeah. So, I'm not sure if I was supposed to take you seriously or not.

I don't know if this post was meant to be taken seriously or not.

The high level idea of focusing on story in itself isn't bad in theory or on paper. The story they focused on was not the story anyone was asking for though. If the story had been a good SW story, I think the game would be in a better place right now, not a perfect place, just a better place.

Again, if the story had been better received, this might not have been bad.

Yeah. I think so, but at the same time, that's kinda like saying Moe is smarter than Curly.

I'll admit it. I've bought a few items from the CM direct sales. In my opinion, I don't mind the CM since most of what it sells is cosmetic gear. What I now avoid like the plague, especially since the introduction of chance cubes, are the cartel packs. I don't feel the need to elaborate on that.

Some people think Lana is a bad character? Really? I thought she was pretty good.

Well, if you're serious, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Okay, to be fair, GC could have been implemented as a way to earn bonus gear and bonus extra goodies. But, at least from the start, they decided to make gearing via RNG the only way to gear. Now, it's a little bit....less bad. But...do I really need to explain why GC/CXP/RNG is bad? Haven't we beaten that dead horse enough?

Yeah. So, I'm not sure if I was supposed to take you seriously or not.

The point of the thread was not to jump on people's ideas, just add to the sarcasm. You've now stirred up dirt on an otherwise wonderful thread where no one had gone off on anything until your post.

Most of the companions suck. There's only a few I find interesting and they can be counted on 3 fingers.

I never will totally understand the gushing that goes on.

The "romances" suck as an addition.

The romance in this game is just escapism for some who may or may not take that escapism to unhealthy levels.

Actually it's been kind of nice, no one's really jumped down anyone's throat on this thread.

There is a reason for this; because disagreeing with them simply proves them right. :cool:

Not a lot of trolls will take up their keyboards in order to prove someone else they want to troll to be right. Its really funny if they do.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

I love the male consular's voice acting! It's rather soothing to listen to. :) (And now that I'm in KOTFE with her, I like the female consular's voice acting, too. Not in vanilla, though.)

I *don't* like the male warrior's voice acting. He sounds flat and unemotional all of the time. And I don't really like his voice to begin with.

KOTFE was fun! Pretty to look at, fun to play through, and a blast to listen to - most of the voice actors really gave a good performance.

I don't really care about the servers moving to the east coast. I'm on the west coast, but I haven't gotten horrific lag...and, frankly, even if I do? I'm used to it. My computer and internet connection are not all that fast - they're fast enough to let me play this game without a three-second delay between clicking the ability and having it fire off, but I'd get flattened in PVP. :p So...I don't play PVP. *shrug* The game's been sticking and stuttering occasionally since I first started playing almost exactly three years ago. I'm okay with everything.

Lana is getting on my nerves. If her role in the story could be severely minimized, I would be REALLY happy. I don't want her cut out of the story entirely - a) that'd be unfair to people who like her and romanced her (heck, a few of my characters romanced her), and b) she still has a purpose within the story, so why cut her out entirely? - but I do wish she wouldn't be shoved in your face all the time. ...also, her voice acting is bland and boring.

I'm really happy they're giving out codes for the KOTOR swoop bike...thing...speeder. :D I already have it because I was subscribed back then, but - come on, it's just a speeder. I'm glad people who missed it then can get it now.

I don't mind/kind of like the galactic command system.

And the most unpopular opinion of all...

I LIKE THIS GAME.

We don't need SSR's for the original story companions.

AND THIS.

Thank you.

About Lana Beniko. Beniko is an anagram for Kenobi and Lana is...oh never mind, I think I did this backwards.

Looks like a dev and I have the same fantasy. :o

The "romances" suck as an addition.

GIT OUTTA HERE! GO ON, GIT, SON!

- I really enjoyed KOTFE, KOTET and the focus on story. I wish they'd return to it.

- I love the Alliance.

- I think Jedi are unkind sociopaths.

- I wish there was more Lana in the story, all the time.

- I wish everything was instanced.

- I actually like the Alliance crates.

The best part about Theron Shan's story is his "mommy" and "daddy" issues. We all have those right? I want more of that in upcoming stories.

Bring back Vitiate/Valkorion, Vaylin, and the rest of his family (if you killed them) as clones. I love the soap opera feel of the KOTFE/KOTET story. I need more of "Keeping Up With the Valkorions".

- I really enjoyed KOTFE, KOTET and the focus on story. I wish they'd return to it.

- I love the Alliance.

- I think Jedi are unkind sociopaths.

- I wish there was more Lana in the story, all the time.

- I wish everything was instanced.

- I actually like the Alliance crates.

I think you won the thread there.

Not that I disagree with the Jedi line. They really are in this game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.