<Condemned> - World First 16 Man Eternity Vault

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lockouts were bugged, and did not reset yesterday. This has been confirmed by Dev's. The lockouts for ALL RAIDS reset today.

Wish ours had reset. They certainly didn't. Our lockout continued from last week.. and won't reset until next Tuesday.

This is not our first game with PVE world firsts. We have players that have been in top 10 wow guilds, and top guilds of other games as well.

Sorry but who cares?!

This is a game- congratulation on not having a life. You guys choose to spend every waking hour behind the screen only to reach highest lvl before everyone else (:D), wich in the end grants world/region first kills (double ":D")?! This game is not rocket science, why is a world/region first kill worthy of anything?!

Are you even enjoying the game? :)

Im not hating, i simply cant see the honor/glory in clearing content in a computer game even if it is worlds first.

Does it really matter? If they did get the world first awesome for them, if not and if by some chance it was mistaken because there is no in game way to track or people aren't reporting it who cares, does it really interfere with your game play that much that you have to flame them?

Grats just the same on getting those bosses down

LOL everybody is so mad.

Grats to the guilds clearing these instances.

To everyone else though, pay attention:

It's what they do to have fun. How dare you tell them they aren't allowed to play their game like this and compete against each other?

How come the "It's my 15 dollars I can play how I want argument" only seems to be applied in defense of people who get carried through instances and wear inferior gear and use inferior specs?

Sure they can do that, it's their 15 dollars, and the other 15 people in their operations group pay $225/month to say they're holding them back and have every right to kick them.

But I digress.

The no life argument is flawed too. It's not hard to get to 50 in this game. Sure there are unemployed basement-dwellers in some of these guilds, but other people I've seen just know how to play the game, leveled to 50 a few times in beta, and took maybe a few PAID vacation days from their FULL TIME CAREERS.

I didn't, but then again I only have 3 weeks of paid vacation. Even still, I'm going to hit 50 this evening... While working 8am-5pm full time, going home for Christmas and spending time with my family / girlfriend, and I didn't even get in until the 3rd day of early access.

Anyway, grats again. And looking forward to seeing the nightmare 16 clears.

LOL everybody is so mad.

Grats to the guilds clearing these instances.

To everyone else though, pay attention:

It's what they do to have fun. How dare you tell them they aren't allowed to play their game like this and compete against each other?

Anyway, grats again. And looking forward to seeing the nightmare 16 clears.

Thanks a lot, Torgadar. We'll keep you posted.

Gratz Condemned. May I ask how loot drops work in operations? I've read mixed reports all over the place and it would be nice to know. :)

Thanks Xansyn! Here's the general information with loot:

Normal Mode loot (both 8 and 16 man) consists of a few need/greed drops (crafting recipes and materials) and then every individual member of the raid has a chance to have a loot token (which they can turn in for a specific piece) drop for them. The chance for this appears to be totally random - during our 16 man clear, I (as our Shadow tank) had nothing drop for me - contrarily, my Vanguard tanking colleague nabbed three pieces. The tokens are "Columi" or Tier 2 pieces, rather than the Tier 1 that is bought with tokens.

Hard Mode/Nightmare Mode loot does not use this system and is similar to MMOs in the past - a number of recipes and crafting materials will drop, followed by several loot tokens that are class (not AC) specific and will need to either be rolled on or given out by the master looter.

As an example, a boss might drop: "Unassembled Columi Helm of Execution" which can be looted by Troopers/BHs, which then turned in for a tanking helm, DPS helm, or healing helm with relevant secondary stats.

Hope this helps.

Is 16 man normal just x2 of everything on 8 man normal?

Once the Annihilator Droid bug was fixed in the patch this week on 16 man normal (he had a one shot mechanic that needed to be patched), the 16 man version looked pretty similar to the 8 man version, with a few exceptions:

1. Tank damage was moderately increased on all fights.

2. Healers needed to play smarter, since some of the incredibly strong AOE heals (looking at you Sages/Sorcs) have a cap on the number of operation members they will heal.

3. The Ancient Pylons fight changes in the types and number of adds.

4. One of the hard-hitting assassin mobs in the Council fight has been made a champion with quadruple the health, making the mechanics of this fight change a bit.

5. Tactics change during the Soa encounter, due to the vastly increased number of lightning balls.

Once the Annihilator Droid bug was fixed in the patch this week on 16 man normal (he had a one shot mechanic that needed to be patched), the 16 man version looked pretty similar to the 8 man version, with a few exceptions:

1. Tank damage was moderately increased on all fights.

2. Healers needed to play smarter, since some of the incredibly strong AOE heals (looking at you Sages/Sorcs) have a cap on the number of operation members they will heal.

3. The Ancient Pylons fight changes in the types and number of adds.

4. One of the hard-hitting assassin mobs in the Council fight has been made a champion with quadruple the health, making the mechanics of this fight change a bit.

5. Tactics change during the Soa encounter, due to the vastly increased number of lightning balls.

Wow. Sounds like 8 man is a bit of a joke compared to 16 man then.

16 man hardmode, and more especially Nightmare, will be a definite competition. It must be annoying though, to do these encounters without parses to see where you can improve, and most importantly, who and how you can improve.

Wow. Sounds like 8 man is a bit of a joke compared to 16 man then.

16 man hardmode, and more especially Nightmare, will be a definite competition. It must be annoying though, to do these encounters without parses to see where you can improve, and most importantly, who and how you can improve.

16 man normal felt like a bit of a joke as well, but we agree - herding 16 cats is far more complex than herding 8, and that's why we're focused exclusively on 16 man progression, and imagine that serious progression raiding guilds will be the same.

As far as parses go, given the relatively tight enrage timers and the fact that these fights require quite a bit of situational awareness, we've found it to be pretty easy to see the strength of each of the links in the chain.

To be honest, aside from the handful of bugs - many of which we reported week 1 and almost all of which were patched this week (which is a complement to the fortitude and attention of Georg and Gabe) - the Eternity Vault encounters are some of the best designed that we've seen in MMOs.

16 man normal felt like a bit of a joke as well, but we agree - herding 16 cats is far more complex than herding 8, and that's why we're focused exclusively on 16 man progression, and imagine that serious progression raiding guilds will be the same.

As far as parses go, given the relatively tight enrage timers and the fact that these fights require quite a bit of situational awareness, we've found it to be pretty easy to see the strength of each of the links in the chain.

To be honest, aside from the handful of bugs - many of which we reported week 1 and almost all of which were patched this week (which is a complement to the fortitude and attention of Georg and Gabe) - the Eternity Vault encounters are some of the best designed that we've seen in MMOs.

I actually agree. I thought some of the bosses were actually ... Very refreshing. Some of these ideas are definitely great. I love the idea of a Mario style raid encounter (Gharj/Soa). I really do believe, assuming the technical issues get fixed quickly, SWTOR has a good raiding future ahead of it.

Ultimately though, you just *do not* know who is doing well. Assuming the average DPS of a full epic BH (with 4 set) is 3500 (I think it'd be this, personally). You could have a BH doing 5250 DPS, and another doing 1750 and, because there are no parses, it looks like they're both pulling their weight.

I fiind this a problem. I just do.

Cleard the whole place yesterday evening (CET).

Cant provide a exact time as it doesnt matter, but must've been around 10pm, which still is hours before ot's guild.

Still i'm pretty sure there have been at least a couple other guilds that have done it before.