Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Did you guys see
for the story update? What do you think?

I LAUGHED SO HARD XD

New shaved haircut = edgelord. Or something. Welp, can't make fun of his jacket anymore. Theron is rocking some new edgy fashion. Lmao....

Chiss Ascendency time~~~ ... in Nov. I hope the new story update last more than 30 mins or something.

No comment either way on a hairstyle change, I'm more interested in if he says anything during the flashpoint. I want to see more of this story arc! but it's so slow coming... I was hoping more story snippets will have it make more sense for my favourite character so I cna enjoy playing her again, so far it doesn't. One flashpoint every 2 months being sole story snippets is as bad as one ops boss every 2 months. lmao.

But I am patient. I can wait!

*insert Thranduil impersonation*

Until then: my warrior has a theme song for this whole Theron as LI betrayal kerfuffle thanks to a friend of mine who doesn't like swtor, but puts up with listening to me talking a lot about my fav character (my warrior) and it just stuck after she said it was perfect for how I played my character and her relationship with Theron, fits her well for this arc.

Impossible - Exit Eden (yes I know they covered the song, not original but I like their's better...)

Falling out of love is hard, falling for betrayal is worse

Broken trust and broken hearts... I know

Thinking all you need is there, building faith on love and words

Empty promises will wear... I know

And now when all is done there is nothing to say

And when you're done with embarrassing me

On your own you can go ahead tell them, tell them all I know now

Shout it from the roof tops, write it on the sky line

All we had is gone now

Tell them I was happy, and my heart is broken, all my scars are open

Tell them what I hoped would be impossible.

I remember years ago Someone told me I should take caution when it comes to love.

I did.

Despite all my personal iffyness over this story arc, which I love! I just don't want to lose interest in my fav character of the past 4 years since Theron became such a important part of her story.

Thanks writers, for making me care about my Sith character of all things so much across this entire game lmao. By havng the opportunities to play ehr in a way I have enjoyed the entire time, even with the heartbreak she's been betrayed a LOT however, can she get a break please? lmao. and more Theron, she needs that but also not a rushed conclusion to the arc... arg hard to please? yes I am. I'll admit that hahaha.

No comment either way on a hairstyle change, I'm more interested in if he says anything during the flashpoint. I want to see more of this story arc! but it's so slow coming... I was hoping more story snippets will have it make more sense for my favourite character so I cna enjoy playing her again, so far it doesn't. One flashpoint every 2 months being sole story snippets is as bad as one ops boss every 2 months. lmao.

That's how Forged alliances was released. Each two months or so, we got a flashpoint with some story. If you check the main mission name when you play Umbara, it's called something like "Broken alliances" --or something similar, can't remember.

They said we'll find out Theron's real plan in the 3rd fp, the one after Copero, so I predict the new expansion comes after that one, just like SOR was released after Rakata Prime.

That's how Forged alliances was released. Each two months or so, we got a flashpoint with some story. If you check the main mission name when you play Umbara, it's called something like "Broken alliances" --or something similar, can't remember.

They said we'll find out Theron's real plan in the 3rd fp, the one after Copero, so I predict the new expansion comes after that one, just like SOR was released after Rakata Prime.

Yeah I know, I have been here since launch though I had taken a break during that period of flashpoints released before SoR, and came back in time for the Rishi/Yavin 4 big bit so I didn't have to wait that time around. lol

so hopefully not resolved in 3 flashpoints however, I wish I could see a more meaty story arc for this, it feels important to the overall story. waiting is still annoying but as I said I am patient, I can wait, I'll just mention it now and then.

I hope they've gone back to SoR style of release and content, I was thinking myself the other week that it feels like they have.

Edited by Asmodesu

Yeah I know, I have been here since launch though I had taken a break during that period of flashpoints released before SoR, and came back in time for the Rishi/Yavin 4 big bit so I didn't have to wait that time around. lol

so hopefully not resolved in 3 flashpoints however, I wish I could see a more meaty story arc for this, it feels important to the overall story. waiting is still annoying but as I said I am patient, I can wait, I'll just mention it now and then.

I hope they've gone back to SoR style of release and content, I was thinking myself the other week that it feels like they have.

I just wish they’d tell us that we won’t get a cardboard cut out Theron after this...

I just wish they’d tell us that we won’t get a cardboard cut out Theron after this...

Agreed, this is the one thing I dislike about the story arc now, and only reason I go all iffy comments regarding it, not the arc itself but it is IF he comes back will he still have scenes or is he yeah, just a terminal returned-style cardboard cutout. I am sadly not as optimistic as others, part of me fears he won't come back for anyone at all. *hates that thought* but welcome to being a pessimist xD

He's only majorly important to one of my characters' stories. My warrior, and well maybe a bit to my agent too but nowhere near as much. And she's my favourite to play so.. I'm nervous.

Edited by Asmodesu

Agreed, this is the one thing I dislike about the story arc now, and only reason I go all iffy comments regarding it, not the arc itself but it is IF he comes back will he still have scenes or is he yeah, just a terminal returned-style cardboard cutout. I am sadly not as optimistic as others, part of me fears he won't come back for anyone at all. *hates that thought* but welcome to being a pessimist xD

He's only majorly important to one of my characters' stories. My warrior, and well maybe a bit to my agent too but nowhere near as much. And she's my favourite to play so.. I'm nervous.

I romance him on all my toons that have gone through SoR, KOTFE and KOTET (so pretty much my Jedi and Sith) and its like 😭 I just want my lover back...

Only one of my toons has done Crisis of Umbara, big mistake, rest will not go through it if this ends up being where they head and they won’t do any story after cause swtor will be dead to me if Theron ends up a cardboard cut out and I won’t be doing this upcoming flashpoint either, I’m just going to wait it out or wait until Bioware says one way or the other.

Edited by DarthEnrique

I romance him on all my toons that have gone through SoR, KOTFE and KOTET (so pretty much my Jedi and Sith) and its like 😭 I just want my lover back...

ouchie! I only care about my 8 main story characters, one for each class, and since I have them mostly in the same 'story' like the class stories had them I don't double up on romances for them. My clones of them, of which I have many, test out the newer story and dialogue stuff so I don't ruin my mains by accident however, quite a few tried out Theron xD

only my clones have done anything from kotet-onwards... everything's too up in the air confusion/unknown.

Edited by Asmodesu

ouchie! I only care about my 8 main story characters, one for each class, and since I have them mostly in the same 'story' like the class stories had them I don't double up on romances for them. My clones of them, of which I have many, test out the newer story and dialogue stuff so I don't ruin my mains by accident however, quite a few tried out Theron xD

I know! It sucks! And that’s interesting, recently I made a Jedi I was going to have dark side and side with the Empire but when Crisis of Umbara got released I stopped it at its main story and it hasn’t progressed since.

This is my feeling too.

I'm not a huge fan of having long waits in between this particular story, though. Like I'm enjoying it right now but only because I think Theron won't truly be a traitor. But if it turns out in the end that this is all supposed to be taken as written and he really means what he's saying and is really a traitor I'm going to be super disappointed. And the disappointment is going to be greatly magnified by having to wait and having hoped there'd be more to it for 4+ months only to find out no they just decided to make Theron a completely different person. I'm not sure I could forgive that.

This is my feeling too.

I'm not a huge fan of having long waits in between this particular story, though. Like I'm enjoying it right now but only because I think Theron won't truly be a traitor. But if it turns out in the end that this is all supposed to be taken as written and he really means what he's saying and is really a traitor I'm going to be super disappointed. And the disappointment is going to be greatly magnified by having to wait and having hoped there'd be more to it for 4+ months only to find out no they just decided to make Theron a completely different person. I'm not sure I could forgive that.

The fact people wanted a server merge so badly and are getting it, well it’s not going to do much good for them if more of the player base ends up leaving cause I know if Theron ends up being a cardboard cut out I’m gone from swtor. At least I won’t be subbing for this game anymore as I won’t see the point of it with me not finishing the storyline...

With Timothy Zahn as a co-writer, I feel somewhat hopeful for a better story. I just realised how potentially heartwrenching this whole traitor arc can be with a PC romancing Theron, that is, if the writers put effort and thought into it. A lot of us is almost certain that Theron is going undercover. For the sake of this post, let's assume that is the case. I was just re-reading the message he sends to you after you complete Umbara. It really gets to me how he tells you that he can't turn back. It's one big fat ugly truth. As I said in a previous post, he's done pretty bad **** for the sake of his mission. Even if you did offer a place for him at your side after his betrayal, he knows he can't come back. Nothing will be the same for him ever again. Just imagine how much guilt Theron would have at this point. It's not just his beloved, he left behind but also his friends, his home and etc... I really hope we will get to see his feelings on the issue. I would be super angry if he is turned into a generic one dimensional villian. And somewhat random but related: can the PC express more emotion? The voices are fine, It's just that their models are just so off putting during certain cutscenes. Edited by Ackerprincess

I must have missed this, where did they say that?

Quotes from roadmap:

In our most recent Crisis on Umbara update (Game Update 5.4), players faced a deadly decision for your Alliance as you were forced to track down a traitor in your midst! There’s been lots of speculation about why this has happened, why anyone would betray the Alliance, and how we could allow such a horrible situation to occur. We know how impactful this has been on you, so perhaps knowing the story transitions to the Chiss on the planet Copero will give you a bit of insight as to what may happen on November 28 in A Traitor Among the Chiss (Game Update 5.6)! Although I won’t reveal where things are going after that, I can confirm that the thrilling conclusion to this chapter of the story is coming early next year… on a planet you probably wouldn’t expect to return to.

The conclusion to this chapter of the story is coming where the Traitor reveals his true plan once and for all via a new Flashpoint.

So I could see it being three flashpoints and at the end you find out about the Order and what Theron's doing and then maybe later on in an expansion it picks up from there and the main enemy is the Order or something. Which would be similar to how SoR played out.

Edited by kukumburr

With Timothy Zahn as a co-writer, I feel somewhat hopeful for a better story. I just realised how potentially heartwrenching this whole traitor arc can be with a PC romancing Theron, that is, if the writers put effort and thought into it. A lot of us is almost certain that Theron is going undercover. For the sake of this post, let's assume that is the case. I was just re-reading the message he sends to you after you complete Umbara. It really gets to me how he tells you that he can't turn back. It's one big fat ugly truth. As I said in a previous post, he's done pretty bad **** for the sake of his mission. Even if you did offer a place for him at your side after his betrayal, he knows he can't come back. Nothing will be the same for him ever again. Just imagine how much guilt Theron would have at this point. It's not just his beloved, he left behind but also his friends, his home and etc... I really hope we will get to see his feelings on the issue. I would be super angry if he is turned into a generic one dimensional villian. And somewhat random but related: can the PC express more emotion? The voices are fine, It's just that their models are just so off putting during certain cutscenes.

That's a huge "if" that I'm not optimistic about.

Ugh I feel sick T_T

With Timothy Zahn as a co-writer, I feel somewhat hopeful for a better story. I just realised how potentially heartwrenching this whole traitor arc can be with a PC romancing Theron, that is, if the writers put effort and thought into it. A lot of us is almost certain that Theron is going undercover. For the sake of this post, let's assume that is the case. I was just re-reading the message he sends to you after you complete Umbara. It really gets to me how he tells you that he can't turn back. It's one big fat ugly truth. As I said in a previous post, he's done pretty bad **** for the sake of his mission. Even if you did offer a place for him at your side after his betrayal, he knows he can't come back. Nothing will be the same for him ever again. Just imagine how much guilt Theron would have at this point. It's not just his beloved, he left behind but also his friends, his home and etc... I really hope we will get to see his feelings on the issue. I would be super angry if he is turned into a generic one dimensional villian. And somewhat random but related: can the PC express more emotion? The voices are fine, It's just that their models are just so off putting during certain cutscenes.

I experimented with Koth on a LS character that was insta 60, but Imp, so by "default" chased Koth away. When I played KOTET (after skipping KOTFE, hence the default options), I tried to make up with him. He still left with "I can see how everybody is looking at me. I'm a traitor in their eyes" or some such comment.

Your post reminded me of that. It's becoming more and more possible that Theron would not return. SCORPIO the traitor didn't. Koth the traitor didn't. Theron the traitor.... we have yet to see. :(

After looking at the roadmap again I'm gonna be optimistic and take some comfort from the wording of "The conclusion to this chapter of the story is coming where the Traitor reveals his true plan once and for all via a new Flashpoint."

They say Theron reveals his true plan. Not you go and sniff out his true plan. He reveals it. Also no mention of "... where you face off against the Traitor once and for all!" or "... where you finally bring the Traitor to justice!"

Yeah I know I'm grasping at straws and maybe Theron just reveals his true plan because he has diarrhea of the mouth but I'm hopeful.

Sweet heavens, what have they done to his head :confused: I totally hate it :(

They probably brought in one of the DA:I hair designers who thought a mullet, female sideburns, old grandmother hair, squashed tootsie rolls, skrillex, and 20 versions of bald/shaved were a great idea.