What Is The Most You Paid for a GTN Item

MingusPho

300 grand for some mats to get the Doc on side in that one alliance alert.

Then I realised you don't get all that much influence for it as is. So I didn't bother buying anymore. He can wait until my guy who's doing Biochem stuff gets to the point where he can farm them instead.........and then sucker somebody else of course.;)

You can sucker me in once GTN but not again.

I bought something rare for a couple of million a while back, someone must have mispriced it. Their mistake, my gain.

Aside from that I don't really bother with the GTN much.

I check it every now and then and see if anything is cheap but I won't spend more than a 100k on anything.

Around five million or so for a Cartel Market Companion, the Personal Warbot.

You know, if I had known at the time that the Cartel Market Companions (Creatures and Droids) cannot perform Crew Skills missions, I might have thought twice before putting a few million Credits into one. But that's my own fault for not doing the research before making the purchase.

It is still kind of useful, in the early part of the game, to have an extra Companion to accompany me into combat while I send my other Companions (Treek and Nico Okarr) on Crew Skills missions.

Looking at the gtn has become painful. It hurts purchasing anything desirable at this point. So I pose the question:

What is the most you have paid for a single item on the gtn? and how long ago?

8 million credits for a companion a few weeks ago. Before 4.0's runaway inflation 8 million for Revan's helmet was the most that I paid for an item. I don't feel the need to feed the hyper inflation beast of the GTN nowadays.

Around five million or so for a Cartel Market Companion, the Personal Warbot.

You know, if I had known at the time that the Cartel Market Companions (Creatures and Droids) cannot perform Crew Skills missions, I might have thought twice before putting a few million Credits into one. But that's my own fault for not doing the research before making the purchase.

It is still kind of useful, in the early part of the game, to have an extra Companion to accompany me into combat while I send my other Companions (Treek and Nico Okarr) on Crew Skills missions.

That's a big peeve of mine, why can't cartel companions do crew missions when Treek who is also available in the Cartel market is able to do them?

30 million for the artifact authorization (account) for when I go back to preferred. Still don't know if I need it, Google is less than helpful with that, but I thought better safe than sorry. I just really love purple speeders and want to still be able to equip them.

Funny thing was, two days after I bought it the price shot up to 60 million. :o

30 million for the artifact authorization (account) for when I go back to preferred. Still don't know if I need it, Google is less than helpful with that, but I thought better safe than sorry. I just really love purple speeders and want to still be able to equip them.

Funny thing was, two days after I bought it the price shot up to 60 million. :o

Off topic, but that's for mods/gear not speeders. Technically, speeders are learned just like pets, not equipped.

Edited by kodrac

I won't spend more than a 100k on anything.

That was my limit, too, for a long time. But then, my spending limit began to increase, almost without my realizing it.

It was like, "Well, I really want that item, so ... Okay, I will make an exception and spend 200,000 Credits on something, but JUST THIS ONE TIME."

Well, you can probably guess what happened after that.

One time turned into two, turned into three ... and before I knew it, 200,000 Credits was my new limit. And then, after that, it started to go up again.

(Spending that five million Credits for the Personal Warbot really was something that I only did once, though, mainly because I would've gone broke in the game if I had turned that into a habit.)

Nowadays, I am hovering somewhere around 500,000 Credits as the limit for what I'll pay for any item on the GTN. Who knows what it'll be a year from now.

That's a big peeve of mine, why can't cartel companions do crew missions when Treek who is also available in the Cartel market is able to do them?

I remember talking with several other players on the General chat channel one day (aboard the Republic Fleet) about this. We agreed that it was understandable that Creature companions (who are basically just trained animals) can't do Crew Skills missions, but that Droids should be able to.

After all, there are already several Droid companions in the game who can do Crew Skills Missions. We even began listing them : HK-51 and HK-55, C2-N2 and 2V-R8, M1-4X, T7-01, Scorpio.

So we wondered what the rationale was for droids that can't do Crew Skills Missions. It's not as if letting the Cartel Market Companions perform Crew Skills would enable you to have more Companions doing so simultaneously. The game already limits the number of Companions you can have performing such tasks at any given time.

Oh, well.

Edited by Phenglei