Discussion topic: CXP rewards from daily quests.

Eshvara

I don't know if the devs were going to make one of these, but since the unintended changes to certain daily quests and the amount of happy people, maybe it would be beneficial to us to discuss in a thread focused around it? I know there are several threads related to this subject, but there are also a lot of off topic discussions in them.

There are more daily quests that still give 75(?)CXP which I think we all find pretty low, but I also think making all of those the "unintended" value would be too crazy.

So if you count in vanilla dailies, what would be the right amount of CXP you'd like to see?

What raw amount would you think is reasonable for daily quests hand out without any buff applied to it? 300, 500, 1000? Something else?

Or would you rather keep the CXP for the affected zones the way they are now and leave out the vanilla dailies because you're not interested in doing all of them?

So for example, would you like to see less cxp rewarded from each quests but more overall CXP because all daily quests got changed, or less overall CXP but more from each individual quest like it was during this week when it only affects certain zones? (Hopefully that made some sense)

I think it's also worth noting that this change may or may not happen this Tuesday and that things may go back to their usual value. And instead of being disappointed or angry about it we could provide proper feedback that the Devs can work with and hopefully provide some changes sometime in the future.

I'd also like to thank the Devs for this week, it was one of my better times in swtor! Even though unintended, the bug brought a lot of fun to the game and a very nice atmosphere, so thank you for the increased, CXP, Valor and EXP event!

(I'm typing this from my phone so I'm sorry if some words or sentences look odd, I'll make changes if I catch any. :p)

Edited by Eshvara

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I would be happy if they just left it the way it is. I still have a bunch of alts that are 0 in command ranks. This unintended bug at least allowed me to get 4 of my chars up to 300. I haven't been happier in the game since this happened and noticed people in general chat feel the same way. It's refreshing.

To be honest, I would be happy if they just left it the way it is. I still have a bunch of alts that are 0 in command ranks. This unintended bug at least allowed me to get 4 of my chars up to 300. I haven't been happier in the game since this happened and noticed people in general chat feel the same way. It's refreshing.

As would I, with my stable full of alts but I expect it's a bit much for them to leave in place, well, the reaaaally bugged ones anyway. I'd be happy with half but the greedy inner bits of me like it just as it is.

Ill be honest. Even as is, its still slow getting gear above tier 1 due to the RNG. Yes, I know OPs drop unassembled pieces...however I can hardly get into FP's let alone OPs (low pop servers, different timezone).

Leave it as is. Seriously. The population of the game is very low, it might attract some players back ( it did for me).

Honestly, this is the first time in a very long time that I've had fun in the game again. I don't have a lot of opportunities to play anymore but when I do and my Command Rank is still not beyond the 30s I get frustrated pretty quickly. Yesterday, I decided to make some use of the recent bug (haven't had the chance the days prior) and man... it was exhilarating! I just love opening boxes, even if I get crap.

I realize that the rate at which dailies give CXP at the moment may be a bit steep (although for me personally it's perfect, no reduction needed), but maybe there's a way to make this or something close to it the new normal.

Here's my take on it.

I can not think of one single area of game play that currently awards too much CXP - even with this bug and boosts.

In fact, given how dreary, interminable, and boring as hell, the CXP grind is I actually think the ALL CONTENT needs a major, very major CXP boost.

Add on that the loot tables for the CXP Crates are the worst I have experienced in any game, ever, then it is easy to see why people are leaving in droves.

All The Best

They should make it cycle. Have either one planet get the bonus or let the player get the bonus for the first planet they finish. But doing 4-5 planets after another sounds abit excessive considering we can do them every day. There should be some slight balance.

I do say the past week was great. I finally did yavin 4 dailies for reputation as I wanted to for a long time. Now I did it several times and probably will have the reputation done once I use up the remaining rep items. I also had the motivation to do black hole dailies even when I only got a few achievements out of it (besides the CXP).

This is something people like. Keep it in the game.

I'd vote for having it left as is, but bring the rest of the game in line with it. I hate the way GC has discouraged me from playing older story content since it's inception. At the very least bump every hand in to 500, including all quests, heroics, and the rest of the dailies. Oh and pvp space missions could use a boost too!

I'd vote for having it left as is, but bring the rest of the game in line with it. I hate the way GC has discouraged me from playing older story content since it's inception. At the very least bump every hand in to 500, including all quests, heroics, and the rest of the dailies. Oh and pvp space missions could use a boost too!

All of this, yes!

/signed

I also disagree that keeping it as is would be "too crazy".

I still have many, many characters that I would like to get to a higher tier than just 1, and frankly, I don't want to be grinding dailies every single day either, but I wouldn't have to grind everything every day if it was there to stay.

+1 for keeping things as is.

Honestly, they should probably leave it alone. This last weekend had more people n game than I've seen in months, maybe since 5.0 came out. Of course, that means they'll cut it back to next to nothing and then wonder why no one is playing, again.

Leave the other content as is...the Heroics can be run solo or in a group, making it perfect for leveling CXP. The Heroic CXP levels MUST stay close to where they are...they've brought life back to this game and life back to dead areas of the game.

All I know is that after 8 months (I returned when they announced the new Operation) I finally have my main to 300 with one alt at about 220. I am primarily an operations (HM/NiM) player, which has long given the best CXP. And even that wasn't sufficient for someone with my casual schedule to reach 300.

This past week I was able to run some classic dailies in my limited downtime and actually progress, instead of just logging off since no other content was worth running once it lost it's "new content" luster.

I still think Galactic Command should not drop BiS gear though, but be a good alternative option to catching up/gearing alts. Cap at the tier below what is dropped from the top Operations content (would be 242 now). That would of course require bringing back PVP-specific gear as well.

You gain 4 command points.

You gain 4 command points.

You gain 10 command points.

:jawa_frown:

I get 2. I never bothered buying the boosts.

My main is 220 levels from 300 as well. I now have no inclination to play my main again for the foreseeable future.

Granted the bug is still in effect but it's not the same.

I have no intention of ever "grinding" to 300. This does not feel like grinding to me. I did 3 daily areas and got 30 levels. That character is still only GC level 40 - 260 to go. I have many other characters. Revert it back to piddly amounts and that character will probably stay at 40 for a very long time and probably never reach 300. That's not fun BioWare! Games are supposed to be fun. You seemed to have forgotten that. I would think that the massive loss of subs/population in 5.0 would've taught you that lesson, but it seems it only hardened your resolve to be more draconian.

I have no intention of ever "grinding" to 300. This does not feel like grinding to me. I did 3 daily areas and got 30 levels. That character is still only GC level 40 - 260 to go. I have many other characters. Revert it back to piddly amounts and that character will probably stay at 40 for a very long time and probably never reach 300. That's not fun BioWare! Games are supposed to be fun. You seemed to have forgotten that. I would think that the massive loss of subs/population in 5.0 would've taught you that lesson, but it seems it only hardened your resolve to be more draconian.

I agree completely. 70 is no longer rewarding...that's where the long grind begins.

Agreed! It's like ESO when it first came out. You are done... nope you have these next xyz ranks to obtain.

Yep and I quit it too after getting my first two characters to 50. I didn't go back to until they revamped it to make it server-wide a year or so later (think Legacy-wide, BW *hint* *hint*). They recently reva... nerfed it to make it fairly useless so I quit again. BW needs to take that into consideration before coping and pasting ESO's systems. I"m pretty sure that's where they got the GC idea from. They were just less competent than ZoS (which says a lot, actually).