It’s Raining CXP, Daily

EricMusco

I just did Section X on my Dark V and my Light V toons and no impact. When you submit the bug, please try to identify everything you were doing/did - like I logged out when I finished the Aurora Cannon quest, or what you did immediately after leaving Section X. Don't give the details in this thread as it'll just get lost and our QA team won't pick it up.

Thanks,

Keith---

You must have been running around there the same time I was!

I did notice that my character was DS V with zero LS points, even though I know she has earned some LS points at some point. No big deal to me though.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith

Like you Keith, I too was shocked by it...so I too tested it out on a couple toons...still unable to believe it, I tested it on a few more and sure enough, it was bugged for all of them. ;)

I REALLY appreciate you taking our ideas into consideration...it's not a bad thing, not at all. It gives alts a little glimmer of hope and it has brought some dead planets to life.

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change.

First of all, the concept of you guys doing the right thing doesnt fit your record so far. Second, a day after it was announced that there is a bug, you patched it (according to the patch notes). So... Im slightly confused what we could take advantage of here.

It's quite refreshing to see people excited about something, even more so over something completely unintended but very welcomed, instead of everyone whining/complaining about this or that. There have been a lot of great suggestions or ideas that have been presented and I seriously hope Keith and his gang watch this thread, take it to heart, and actually do something that we players can enjoy and get back that feeling of WANTING to play instead of being bored out of our minds and/or find something else to keep us entertained. Some of it still feels boring, but it's nice getting rewards much more frequently with (possibly) higher hopes of getting something we want. If they can finally listen to these comments and make positive changes, it could very likely increase the server populations for the long run instead of just temporarily.

Someone mentioned rotating dailies with increased CXP, but maybe do something similar to the daily Op. Perhaps highlight a zone that will give large amounts rotating on a daily basis, or every few days. Or maybe something similar to the first flashpoint of the day. The first one we pick up from the GC window will be the one we get larger amounts from.

First of all, the concept of you guys doing the right thing doesnt fit your record so far. Second, a day after it was announced that there is a bug, you patched it (according to the patch notes). So... Im slightly confused what we could take advantage of here.

It's explained in the following:

Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. That’s a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrow’s patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrow’s patch, only Iokath’s Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didn’t want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days.

-eric

I believe the "REAL" reason this "bug" is staying for a couple days is b/c Keith didn't want to have to take action against himself for knowingly using this CXP "exploit." :p;)

Actually while that may be true, he took advantage of that because of Harvey and the rain that Texas has been experiencing.

While talking about that maybe saying Raining was not a good way to express due to what Harvey has done.:p

Well, we all know patch notes can be...incomplete...or wrong.

No reason to get all up in arms about anything until we know for sure.

Also, patch notes now only list Iokath dailies as getting fixed with this particular patch.

Edited by Darevsool

I just did Section X on my Dark V and my Light V toons and no impact. When you submit the bug, please try to identify everything you were doing/did - like I logged out when I finished the Aurora Cannon quest, or what you did immediately after leaving Section X. Don't give the details in this thread as it'll just get lost and our QA team won't pick it up.

Keith, I've reported this in the past with a lot of detail. There is a thread on the forums with even more detail. I was told in essence "known bug, sorry". I suggest the data is already there, it just needs to be pulled out of older bug reports. Mine was a couple of months back.

Keith, I've reported this in the past with a lot of detail. There is a thread on the forums with even more detail. I was told in essence "known bug, sorry". I suggest the data is already there, it just needs to be pulled out of older bug reports. Mine was a couple of months back.

From a fair bit of searching this bug has been around since Section X first came to being.

I've never finished the whole thing and haven't experienced this particular bug (with the amount of bugs glitches I come across BW should give me a job in QA). My Trooper has been through everything in the game that can be soloed up to Makeb (most of the way through that now as I can't progress on my agent) and he's still not at V yet.

So it really needs a good look now it's no longer a bug that people have just written off.

I have to agree with many here that CXP is bringing folks back to the table. Usually during DOUBLE CXP week people come out of the woodwork.

Now once the Double CXP is gone I suspect the dailies will not be as much fun if fixed, but I also agree they should remain bugged as is now. Clearly the ~75 CXP is not worth the time to do them - so people don't bother.

I say keep them high on purpose - Dailies can only be done... well DAILY. It gets people playing the game when they have something (reward) worth doing that is decent and not repeatable in volume. Folks can go do ALTS next.

MAIN POINT: Year later - People still hate CXP grind and even more so with ALTS. Maybe it's time to fix that LEGACY buff to be 100% instead of 25%?

Edited by dscount

Year later - People still hate CXP grind and even more so with ALTS. Maybe it's time to fix that LEGACY buff to be 100% instead of 25%?

I thought when they announced the Legacy Buff months back it was going to really special. Like the 100% buff you mentioned. Or more.! It was the first time I honestly carted about CXP and the horrible grind. When I found it it was only 25% it was like a comedy sad trombone just sounded [whaah whaah whaaaaaahhhhhhha] and then my dog, Old Yeller, just died.

Up until this WONDERFUL bug happened last week, I was just trudging along with Command grinding. Slowly Sisyphus rolled that boulder up hill forever. But now thanks to the best thing that ever happened in the game outside of Kai Zyyken, Galactic Command is GLORIOUS.

Edited by xmarcusprimex

Thanks,

Keith---

I already told you, you have to log out in the area.

I thought when they announced the Legacy Buff months back it was going to really special. Like the 100% buff you mentioned. Or more.! It was the first time I honestly carted about CXP and the horrible grind. When I found it it was only 25% it was like a comedy sad trombone just sounded [whaah whaah whaaaaaahhhhhhha] and then my dog, Old Yeller, just died.

Up until this WONDERFUL bug happened last week, I was just trudging along with Command grinding. Slowly Sisyphus rolled that boulder up hill forever. But now thanks to the best thing that ever happened in the game outside of Kai Zyyken, Galactic Command is GLORIOUS.

I am so pleased that you're posting about it. Keith NEEDS to see this. Bioware NEEDS to know people are excited, for once, about CXP grinding because there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I understand that the current rate is too much, but at 75, it's absolutely a joke. 10x's that would be "good"...anything less and it's just not worth the time it takes...I'd rather let those alts rot then to run them through anything for 75 freaking CXP.

I got an idea which could make more people happy:

Completing planet missions, heroics or dailies give you a cumulative boost.

Mission 1 completed: 75 CXP

Mission 2 completed: 150 CXP

Mission 3 completed 225 CXP

Mission 4 completed: 300 CXP

and so on....

Numbers are WIP of course. But I like the idea behind it. It keeps players playing to gain more CXP for more completed missions.

I am so pleased that you're posting about it. Keith NEEDS to see this. Bioware NEEDS to know people are excited, for once, about CXP grinding because there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I understand that the current rate is too much, but at 75, it's absolutely a joke. 10x's that would be "good"...anything less and it's just not worth the time it takes...I'd rather let those alts rot then to run them through anything for 75 freaking CXP.

Thanks! I'm on a low-pop server. Heroics/Dailies and Flashpoints are the only thing I can get to butter my CXP bread. Getting to 300 on one character AND THEN follow it up with 50 something alts.. Yeah.... that.

Edited by xmarcusprimex

Thanks! I'm on a low-pop server. Heroics/Dailies and Flashpoints are the only thing I can get to butter my CPX bread. Getting to 300 on one character AND THEN follow it up with 50 something alts.. Yeah.... that.

I will BEG you to switch servers if that helps? There's no reason to stay on a dead one...well, aside from this bug :p But next week, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider moving a toon. I don't care what server you go to, but this game isn't as "dead" as it seems to you...Harbinger is my suggestion, but others have their own ideas...we need more players...staying on a dead server is going to kill your enjoyment eventually...so please consider a move. Leave a mule toon behind...just move your main. You'll never regret it!!!

and so on....

Numbers are WIP of course. But I like the idea behind it. It keeps players playing to gain more CXP for more completed missions.

I could get behind this idea...but start at 100...75 is a joke.

and so on....

Hmm yeah, its a very good idea I mean farming cxp is about doing stuff over and over. To add up stuff is that basically so u r awarded by doing more.

I like it.

I have really enjoied sweet CXP from dailies, and this rates really madde me go back to old daily areas and playthem again, and it is sad that Iokath getting 'fixed' since with 75 per mission I will certanly will do not do terrible Iokath quests, for 1125 I would love Iokath again, this is not about content, this about reward, until I will reach full t4 set, with full t4 set for PvP and other specc, I will always think "which acctivity will give me faster CXP" and will not do something like 75 CXP quests.

I think you should learn from this bug and see what actually makes people play this game and content. Dont be afraid, people always will buy boosters from cash shop anyway.