Please put an end to stealth trolling in ranked.

Alec_Fortescue

I can tell you I have brought a stealth into the arenas just to learn the map better, find optimal positions and become more efficient with using map landmarks to affect line of sight attacks. For many, that extra couple minutes are beneficial even if the end result isnt a win in that particular match.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth was not always like it is now.

If stealthers were not careful, or didint act with a level of ability, they could ruin party strategy. That component, the possibility of failure and right use of skills is what is missing now in many classes, with automated sucess, immunities, triggered effects, etc. The game is much straightforward, and that does not make matches too predictable, also contributing for lack of balance.

Yes, every class has now their own component that must be revised, i am not just saying nerf stealth.

Agreed

I can tell you I have brought a stealth into the arenas just to learn the map better, find optimal positions and become more efficient with using map landmarks to affect line of sight attacks. For many, that extra couple minutes are beneficial even if the end result isnt a win in that particular match.

Yeah well, sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Yeah well, sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Its not a need on either side, but everyone who willingly enters a ranked queue essentially understands the match lasts 5 minutes if a player(s) make it last that long. Part of pvp is seeing if your opponent is willing to outlast you. I have seen peoplr leave matches because their opponent wanted to wait out the timer, amd ended up winning - and rightfully so. If you arent willing to see a battle to the end, you shouldnt be granted a win.

Its not a need on either side, but everyone who willingly enters a ranked queue essentially understands the match lasts 5 minutes if a player(s) make it last that long. Part of pvp is seeing if your opponent is willing to outlast you. I have seen peoplr leave matches because their opponent wanted to wait out the timer, amd ended up winning - and rightfully so. If you arent willing to see a battle to the end, you shouldnt be granted a win.

I'll gladly see it out untill the end. Fighting my opponent.

Which is why, stealth detection buffs.

No need to wait in a corner, I'll come to get you.

Edited by Evolixe

So think carefully about who and what you leave behind to defend. What is your point?

I do not run with a premade . So I do not have the opportunity to decide who deffend, unless I do it myself.

Edited by Magira

I'll gladly see it out untill the end. Fighting my opponent.

Which is why, stealth detection buffs.

No need to wait in a corner, I'll come to get you.

You don't have a choice whether you fight or not, once you queue up. It's Player vs Player, not Player vs Your idea of how they should play.

You don't have a choice whether you fight or not, once you queue up. It's Player vs Player, not Player vs Your idea of how they should play.

That is your interpretation of things. Given the fact that 99.9% of all drawn out acid games with a heavy player number disfavor for the stealther ends in total disaster I absolutely think we should be doing something about this nonsense.

Edited by Evolixe

ESO has ranged weapons for stealths which is super troll.

In ESO you can land one hit attack from stealth in that time frame and then you need to re-stealth and do it again with all these dots on your char. How it's even possible troll someone with that? :D

You cannot nerf stealth in SWTOR without ruining something valuable. Also you cannot do this in a six years old game, it's just wrong. :)

ESO has ranged weapons for stealths which is super troll.

Guild Wars with PoF from the end of September also. The Thief gets a Ranged Option with long range (deadeye) and much more stealth. I'm already looking forward to playing it in Open PVP (WvW).

Ops are overpowered? LOL. I guess everything is relative, when skill is involved. I have been in a funny situation where a bunch of guys were stuck at a camp for 5 days. Very quickly as the days dragged on, girls that where a solid 5 on a scale of 10, got a big buff on the 4th day to 9 and 10, fast.

That is your interpretation of things. Given the fact that 99.9% of all drawn out acid games with a heavy player number disfavor for the stealther ends in total disaster I absolutely think we should be doing something about this nonsense.

No interpretation needed. Its a fact that you cant directly control how other people play their toons.

Ops are overpowered? LOL. I guess everything is relative, when skill is involved. I have been in a funny situation where a bunch of guys were stuck at a camp for 5 days. Very quickly as the days dragged on, girls that where a solid 5 on a scale of 10, got a big buff on the 4th day to 9 and 10, fast.

If you believe Ops are not the strongest you either need to learn to play Op better or two.. fight better Ops.

Ops have remained the most powerful dueling class since I began playing in 3.0 (can't say before that as I wasn't a player then). The strength of engineering spec allowed for a brief switch for about 8 months, however that was one spec on one class that could kill a con op, and it took a lot of skill to do so. And... ultimately engineering was considered OP and nerfed accordingly.

Ops will remain top gun until their roll gets a realistic coodown (10 sec..... ffft) and their offheals gets nerfed to sorc/merc dps heal. the double kolto heal combined with a resist roll for 3 sec every 10 sec create a bottomless dcd rate.

No interpretation needed. Its a fact that you cant directly control how other people play their toons.

Ah, the good old "I pay this so I have a right to this" argument.

Too bad that also means I have a right to not have my time wasted because I'm paying too.

Get a more solid argumentation please.

Stealth is apart of PVP and will be.

Its not reason ranked is having problems, actually its gimmick maps with acid that causes the problems.

I do believe phase walk was taken away cause of ranked, so in a sense stealth was nerfed cause of it.

Now its sorcs able to bubble during acid, or stealth playing hide and go seek which isn't illegal vs the TOS.

Lame sure, but tactical non the less..

Too bad that also means I have a right to not have my time wasted because I'm paying too.

The fact that you dont have a solid rebuttal shows my argument is sound. You have a right to control your toon, just as others have a right to control theirs. You have no control over forcing an encounter at your will, even as a stealth class.

If you believe Ops are not the strongest you either need to learn to play Op better or two.. fight better Ops.

Ops have remained the most powerful dueling class since I began playing in 3.0 (can't say before that as I wasn't a player then). The strength of engineering spec allowed for a brief switch for about 8 months, however that was one spec on one class that could kill a con op, and it took a lot of skill to do so. And... ultimately engineering was considered OP and nerfed accordingly.

Ops will remain top gun until their roll gets a realistic coodown (10 sec..... ffft) and their offheals gets nerfed to sorc/merc dps heal. the double kolto heal combined with a resist roll for 3 sec every 10 sec create a bottomless dcd rate.

If you believe Ops are the strongest class, maybe you should play one for a few days.

They're okay for trolling and drawn-out dueling, nothing else, really.

If you believe Ops are the strongest class, maybe you should play one for a few days.

They're okay for trolling and drawn-out dueling, nothing else, really.

Ops are strong if played right forsure. Good players still can do well in ranked, harder road for success sure but has the abilities to outlast.

Stealth > Reset

If anyone taught us it was Mosh and others who did well in solo ranked and team ranked.

https://www.twitch.tv/mosh47

Edited by Caeliux

Wow, this thread seems so much shorter when you put that other guy on ignore.

Was funny to watch Snaves PVP tournament. Mainly how they split the OP classes and non-OP classes :D

Anyway the operatives clearly had the upperhand in everything. In the hands of a skilled player they are really unkillable. This is mainly due to stealth, selfheals, several stuns and defensives (mainly roll).

I would like them to stop doing that too in any match. The reward for winning isn't so great that its worth the time spent hiding. It's annoying both to your team and the other team. If you obviously cannot win, you should just let yourself die so we all can move on to the next.

Ops are strong if played right forsure. Good players still can do well in ranked, harder road for success sure but has the abilities to outlast.

Stealth > Reset

If anyone taught us it was Mosh and others who did well in solo ranked and team ranked.

https://www.twitch.tv/mosh47

You do know he very, very rarely plays SWTOR anymore, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.