GSF Discussion: Itemization

EricMusco

Hey folks,

This week, we are creating three separate forum threads for GSF discussion. You can head to this thread to get links to each of them.

In this thread, let's focus on itemization. For a long time we have made it a point to keep Galactic Starfighter as a separate progression from the rest of SWTOR. Command XP has helped a great deal by giving GSF players a method of progressing their characters while playing Starfighter, beyond the XP you already receive.

One thing we are considering is adding more ways for GSF players to enhance their "ground game" characters. This would most likely be through a vendor where you could purchase items. What do you think of this idea? What types of things would you want to see on the vendor?

Be as specific as possible! Let us know your thoughts.

-eric

I can't think of much, except it'd be cool to get the GSF companions as actual companions. If I expanded anymore, it'd be getting into dream, GSF-expansion 2.0 territory. Don't want to derail. ;-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of much, except it'd be cool to get the GSF companions as actual companions. If I expanded anymore, it'd be getting into dream, GSF-expansion 2.0 territory. Don't want to derail. ;-)

This is a really good point. Salana is like always hanging out with my impside pilots, she should really join up.

I know we are getting quite the army of companions these days, but it might be nice if some of the GSF companions/pilots became real companions for your ground character. Something you had to earn so not everyone would have them ;)

I also think GSF players deserve some sort of "Flair" to show off pilot rank and what-not.

Oh and how about some pilot themed character customizations?

Edited by fastartist
added more info

So what if at this Vendor you could spend Requisition on Ship parts that weren't bound to your character. This way you could give them or sell them to other players. This would give you a way to gear your alts as well as give other players an alternate way to purchase upgrades for their ships.

For example say I have my Blackbolt on Imperial side, what if through a vendor I could purchase a "Rocket Pods" component for I don't know 3000 Blackbolt Requisition. I now have this item I can mail it to other players or put it on the GTN. You could also have different Items for say the first Upgrade of Rocket pods which might look like "Rocket Pods - Ignore armor upgrade".

If you really wanted to get crazy maybe for a ton of requisition you could buy an entire mastered ship if you just happened to have that Lying around.

You could be even more generic than that, have "unlock schematics" in set denominations of ship requisition that match the various levels of upgrades (1250, 2500, 5000, 7500 etc). In a sense that's less cool than a specific rocket pods unlock, but it's maybe a bit more practical.

If it cost something like 10 to 25 CC to make the transferrable requisition item that'd be ok. Make a bit more income off of GSF.

Or just make them straight up ship requisition vouchers.

If you made it so that exclusive (and highly desirable) cosmetic items could be purchased with ship requisition vouchers under this sort of system that would be even better.

I know that 20 CC only works out to around $0.20 in real money equivalent, and even then only if bough as a CC purchase, but I'd argue that if you link monetization into a part of GSF that you want people to use a lot the price needs to be low enough so they don't bother thinking about the price at all when making the purchase. "Too cheap to matter," for us as individual players is still potentially workable for BW if you guys can swing enough volume of bulk sales.

I'm sorry to be harsh but GSF is a bit of a turkey. You should be looking at ways to make the gameplay fun and thus get more players in, rather than considering putting the coolest gear on GSF reward vendors thus forcing players into a gamestyle they don't enjoy. Players care about cool looking stuff, just look at how much time and credits players are willing to put into getting the Gamorrean Guard from the Nar Shaddaa Nightife Event, essentially the most tedious and dull event ever created (thankfully I got mine ridiculously quickly but gave up on the mount after 3 hours and 400,000 credits).

I understand the later is the easier option.

GSF has plenty of loyal players man, just because it isn't your bag of chips doesn't mean it isn't for many. Going into an itemization thread and saying "there should be no items" doesn't seem like useful anything. Edited by Verain

Thank you, Keith and crew, for finally giving our beleaguered GSF community your time and attention!

I am going to be as succinct as possible. Here is my item wishlist for "GSF 2.0" :

1) GSF Custom Starfighter decos. A high quality, interactive decoration for every starfighter that exists in GSF.

These exclusive decos would feature an option for players to apply custom skins ported over from whatever paint jobs and color modules are currently unlocked in their Cosmetics tab. This would allow players the joy of recreating any of their favorite starships or design something entirely new. Many of us have been longing to see our personalized starfighters come to life in our strongholds!

Expanding on this idea, there could be an optional secondary skin slot for additional special effect modules that could include the following:

• Factory New” A shiny, high gloss finish.
  • Used/Second-Hand Jalopy” Rust, grime, dulled finish, chipped paint, carbon scoring, etc.
  • Lightly Damaged” A few minor blast marks and occasional sparks.
  • Moderately Damaged” Smoldering, blaster marks, sparks, damaged paneling, etc.
  • Heavily Damaged” Fire! Heavy smoke, sparks showering all over the place, etc. Time to put that Emergency Response Droid to work!

These starfighter decos could also feature an interactive cockpit that could be toggled open or closed and would allow a player to sit inside their ship.

It would be great if these decos had actual landing struts and not those silly repulsor pads tacked on to the original starfighter decos. They should also be given a collision box, something the devs never bothered applying to the originals.

2) Space-themed personnel decos (Crewmen):

• Astromech droids
  • Engineers
  • Pilots
  • Maintenance technicians
  • Navigators
  • Officers

3) A GSF mission terminal deco.

4) GSF/space-themed artwork decos including starfighters, frigates, freighters, capital ships, space stations, starship technical schematics, etc. Other artwork could include a variety of pictures from space such as planets, nebula, spiral galaxies, artwork from the original space missions (regardless of its repetitiveness, I always found the backgrounds of those space missions to be very beautiful).

5) Additional model ship decos just like Model: Ebon Hawk and Model: Eternal Fleet decos. These would include everything from starfighters all they way up to capital ships. I would love to see the iconic KoTOR Hammerhead Corvette included in this!

6) An exclusive GSF Sullustan companion!

7) New GSF character titles.

8) New GSF Stronghold title.

9) A Galactic Starfighter flair.

10) Additional color modules, paint jobs, gas canisters and engine reactants.

Edited by Sorrai

A high quality, interactive decoration for every starfighter that exists in GSF.

Not to be "that guy", but from a technical perspective, they're probably not jumping over themselves to build a new UI for a particular type of decoration from an underused area of gameplay. However, decorations that copy the ships in your hangar shouldn't be out of line with what's possible in the system (it's fundamentally no different than looking up companion customization for companion decos).

Also, those finishes/secondary paint jobs would be great in the actual GSF matches themselves (except maybe "damaged", for obvious reasons, but it could be less dramatic damage, like scoring).

Edited by JamaicanCastle

I think a vendor with some new stuff is a fairly un-engaging way to reward players. I'd like to see a more objective-based reward structure that encourages players to play in different ways.

1) Crew Mastery System - A type of progression system that rewards players as they meet objectives while using a specific co-pilot. A really light implementation might mirror the current companion achievements (eg. Destroy 50/100 enemy ships with Bowdar as your active co-pilot). You could have achievement criteria based on the particular crew member's co-pilot skill or in-game objectives. These achievements would have non-power rewards like crew-specific decorations, customization, titles, etc. Meeting all of a crew member's GSF-related objectives might unlock a KOTFE character as a crew member or allow you to recruit that crew member as a companion(for the default crew). This would encourage players to use different co-pilots and co-pilot skills, instead of the 2-3 everyone seems to use right now.

2) Ship Mastery System - Similar to the crew system, but a more robust reward system for mastering / using ships. I've mastered every ship without ever actually having to play an embarrassing number of them. The reward system would encourage players to get out of their battle scouts, t1 gunships and tick bombers and try something different, if only temporarily.

If we have to go with a vendor then in general I'd like to see:

Decorations - Ship-specific posters, GSF monument statue

Companions - For the GSF crew who aren't already companions

Unlockable Crew - SOR/KOTFE characters as co-pilots.

Ship customization options

Legacy-bound requisition transfers

GSF Character Flair

GSF weapon tuning

Unique color crystals

Hey folks,

This week, we are creating three separate forum threads for GSF discussion. You can head to this thread to get links to each of them.

In this thread, let's focus on itemization. For a long time we have made it a point to keep Galactic Starfighter as a separate progression from the rest of SWTOR. Command XP has helped a great deal by giving GSF players a method of progressing their characters while playing Starfighter, beyond the XP you already receive.

One thing we are considering is adding more ways for GSF players to enhance their "ground game" characters. This would most likely be through a vendor where you could purchase items. What do you think of this idea? What types of things would you want to see on the vendor?

Be as specific as possible! Let us know your thoughts.

-eric

A vendor? Take advantage of that GSF room in the fleets, fill it with multiple stuff for all likes.

Armor, companion customizations, decorations, companions, emotes, recover items, you name it.

Lets start with that Vendor of yours, want your people to get hooked into playing GSF for days? add a GSF currency or a Reputation block and make the GSF crews obtainable as companions through that currency or with credits after reaching certain Rep rank, a couple companion customizations for those would be sweet.

Make some decorations and throw them there as well, for example GSF ships doesn't have an actual Centerpiece/Starship hook size decoration aside from those Large exhibition models with their bases.

Add personnel, personnel on our strongholds is always welcome.

You introduced flairs and tunnings recently, go on and bring them here as well.

Add the Zakuul ships to GSF (Zakuul Fighter, Koth's Shuttle, Zakuul Shuttle) exclusively unlockable through those vendors.

Wanna go bigger? Make the Thranta/Terminus Class Frigates non guild Strongholds so everyone can have their personal frigate; You can make them medium strongholds, with the size of the Nar Shadaa palace maybe. Featuring its bridge, a corridor with large room and some small rooms for custom use, a Hangar bay with a corridor for the engine room; All conected through an elevator, of course you should disable the flagship perks on it so its not useable to actually fly around the galaxy but please keep the terminal and make it useable to display the animations of travelling through hyperspace to different locations for mere visual pleasure only lol.

Make them unlockable through credits after reaching certain GSF reputation rank or directly with Cartel Coin purchase.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

A GSF leaderboard showing the top in all the categories that are already tracked in game.

I respectfully disagree with that suggestion. GSF is and should be a team thing. Right now we're already seeing too many people hurting their own teams by caring way too much about individual statistics. Also it would further encourage undesirable group behaviour like premades building a meatgrinder on their opposing team's spawn point, which in turn causes the undesirable behaviour of those people refusing to respawn, because - you know - kill/death ratio - which in turn further bores and frustrates those people who are still trying to play.

And don't get me started on gunships camping their own field and trying to farm 100% accuracy by shooting the same turret over and over, while they wait for the easiest of pickings to fall into their laps... >.>

As for rewards: I'd like to see the GSF dailies made implicit, auto-granted or retroactive. There is really no point in first stopping what you're doing and having to go to the fleet and pick up the mission every day before entering the queue. You've already effectively done the same for ground PvP by putting mission terminals inside the arenas.

Repeating a couple of suggestions and new ideas:

1. Converting Req's to Fleet Req's for CC's (Please change to credits - very annoying cash grab transaction)
  2. More Paint Jobs that allow me to change the ENTIRE ship color/patterns.
  3. Some real PVE type GSF missions. Drop the PVP flavor and make some missions PVE with your GSF ships. I'd love to see a GSF Flashpoint in which we can obtain a 236 Unassembled Token weekly. Maybe even GF the mission to ensure you have a bomber, gunship, scout, strike and one other anything.
  4. Point 3 above - When GSF was mentioned - I thought it was Spaceship on Rails combined with a buddy flying next to you or with you (Same ship Gunner/Flyer). Combine the two and make a GSF PVE flavor (w/o rails).
  5. Bigger MAPS and maybe more nodes to defend beyond three.
  6. Mini-Points to take over (Half the time of Domination Nodes) that maybe have a REPAIR station online when captured.
  7. Hyperspace beacons need way more durability (They destroy so easy).
  8. Gunships should take longer to charge, but they should also hold a charge for twice as long once charged.
  9. Stealth - Need to really see this happen. Ship that has shouldn't be super powerful, but should be fast.
  10. Crew unlocks - If I've already GOT those crew then I shouldn't be forced to pay 500 Fleet Req for them.
  11. Crew unlocks - should also be purchased with credits and/or unlocked legacy wide.

Edited by dscount

Hello,

1 - Definitely legacy weapons and legacy armor. But that they are star-wielding weapons. Not those crap that were put in light to dark. Such as those of the last pack's (dred ..) maybe make them legacy. For those who love pg's aesthetics this would be the top.

2 - so much decoretion and above all to be able to personalize your ships as you prefer, for example inserting a Mandalorian symbol to carry on your ship in gsf.

3 - Definitely get points well being a pvp form.

To me the ship/fleet req doesn't make much sense. It's very dirty to use so much cc for converting. On some of my mastered ships I have like 100k + ship req that I really can't use for anything. While I have several ships on several chars without any upgrades. Not sure I think ship req should exist. You can justify this in two ways. First - it makes sense and you will have more ships out there than just the one that is "good"/upgraded. Second - the Ship/fleet thing only makes sense in one perspective - CC. Yeah, we get it, u want our money. For a ship to have it's own budget rather than a fleet having a budget is just weird. If (yeah we know u do) want our money thru cc, give us more nice cartel market stuff. The old engine/blaster colors added like ages ago doesn't cut it anymore. Add zakuulan ships, a pvp terminal decoration, add more cosmetics, whatever. But don't let cc be the only option for conversion. I don't think anyone is that desperate to do that. U rather buy a toy or whatnot for those cc.

I would also love some more of the things ground pvpers enjoy. Like ranked games, more rewards for playing regularly, valor and so on. I don't really see how that must be a ground pvp thing only? If you don't want to mix them, make a special valor for gsf, but with same rewards and such.

The vendor for the fleet comms, have that changed? Not sure, haven't looked in ages. That says something doesn't it? We need more fun ways to get something out of the gsf outside the matches. Yeah it is fun to fly! I will still do it, but it would be nice with some goodies for all of us that have been flying around in the same 4 maps for hundreds of fights...

Thanks!

Thank you, Keith and crew, for finally giving our beleaguered GSF community your time and attention!

I am going to be as succinct as possible. Here is my item wishlist for "GSF 2.0" :

1) GSF Custom Starfighter decos. A high quality, interactive decoration for every starfighter that exists in GSF.

These exclusive decos would feature an option for players to apply custom skins ported over from whatever paint jobs and color modules are currently unlocked in their Cosmetics tab. This would allow players the joy of recreating any of their favorite starships or design something entirely new. Many of us have been longing to see our personalized starfighters come to life in our strongholds!

Expanding on this idea, there could be an optional secondary skin slot for additional special effect modules that could include the following:

• Factory New” A shiny, high gloss finish.
  • Used/Second-Hand Jalopy” Rust, grime, dulled finish, chipped paint, carbon scoring, etc.
  • Lightly Damaged” A few minor blast marks and occasional sparks.
  • Moderately Damaged” Smoldering, blaster marks, sparks, damaged paneling, etc.
  • Heavily Damaged” Fire! Heavy smoke, sparks showering all over the place, etc. Time to put that Emergency Response Droid to work!

These starfighter decos could also feature an interactive cockpit that could be toggled open or closed and would allow a player to sit inside their ship.

It would be great if these decos had actual landing struts and not those silly repulsor pads tacked on to the original starfighter decos. They should also be given a collision box, something the devs never bothered applying to the originals.

2) Space-themed personnel decos (Crewmen):

• Astromech droids
  • Engineers
  • Pilots
  • Maintenance technicians
  • Navigators
  • Officers

3) A GSF mission terminal deco.

4) GSF/space-themed artwork decos including starfighters, frigates, freighters, capital ships, space stations, starship technical schematics, etc. Other artwork could include a variety of pictures from space such as planets, nebula, spiral galaxies, artwork from the original space missions (regardless of its repetitiveness, I always found the backgrounds of those space missions to be very beautiful).

5) Additional model ship decos just like Model: Ebon Hawk and Model: Eternal Fleet decos. These would include everything from starfighters all they way up to capital ships. I would love to see the iconic KoTOR Hammerhead Corvette included in this!

6) An exclusive GSF Sullustan companion!

7) New GSF character titles.

8) New GSF Stronghold title.

9) A Galactic Starfighter flair.

10) Additional color modules, paint jobs, gas canisters and engine reactants.

Those are great ideas, I second that!

GSF has plenty of loyal players man, just because it isn't your bag of chips doesn't mean it isn't for many. Going into an itemization thread and saying "there should be no items" doesn't seem like useful anything.

The Dev post that started this thread asked for opinions on the idea of adding itemisation for 'ground' characters onto a GSF based vendor.

I was giving my opinion that I think that is a bad idea.

At most maybe stronghold decorations.

I can see the mindset behind this. A huge issue is the low population on GSF resulting in long queue times. Let's do some easy stuff to get more folk playing.

The easiest thing is to put the cool armour models, unique companions and such on a GSF related vendor.

I think a vendor with some new stuff is a fairly un-engaging way to reward players. I'd like to see a more objective-based reward structure that encourages players to play in different ways.

1) Crew Mastery System *snip*

2) Ship Mastery System *snip*

Yeah, I'm not against vendors, and I like your ideas there (yeesh, giving us decorations to match up with ships would be a real boon, though I guess they'd have to be different from the current ones from packs and other rewards). But yeah, adding in more companions unlocked from using them as your crew, etc., are some other really great ideas. Mostly wanted to note this as a great idea and hope it gets noticed and acted on. :D

Once you have what you need as far as a ship type it would be nice to be able to do something with the minor and major ship grants such as:

use major grants to buy flag ship encryptions

to but jump boots (when you walk of run it automatically space bar jumps you

Minor grant points for decos GSF or small ship themed such as:

trophies, pictures, statutes

stuff for the hangers as:

missile pods, ship parts, engine

drone (maybe a repair one that can act as a repair droid), mines (one that can turn on and off), fuel line

droid, persons with scanners, pit crew, lifter droid

warning signs, no smoking.....

make getting deco ships only thru GSF

Tie in some GSF missions like fighting the invisible ships off of illum.

clearing path through mines, attacking an comm post (good intro)

GSF ops attack an eternal fleet ship, republic cruiser, imperial destroyer

Some of the solo space missions aren't bad in concept but a pain to memorize the paths and seem to need equipment 4 levels better than rated for a average player.

The GSF Vendor can sell:

-Tokens that allow you to change Requisition to Unassembled Components and vice versa.

-Tons of new paintjobs for your starfighters. Ones of designs like Krayt Dragons, Mandolorian, Jedi Sith, Black Sun, Balmorran Resisitance, Banthas, Rancors, Twilek models, Revanites, House Organa, House Thul, Czerka Corp, Hutt Cartel, Havoc Squad, Green Jedi, etc symbols. This would make all SWTOR players go ******* crazy.

-Decorations are always nice. But let us put our own Starfighters as decorations, the way we designed them with our unique paint jobs, gas canisters, etc. Have the colors come out as smoke coming from the exhaust and blasters.

Edited by HiddenPalm

The Idea behind this thread was to advance the ground game while playing GSF. In my opinion there where recently two big steps in that direction that can be mentoined as a point moving forward.

1) CXP and Unassembled Components rewards and Character below Level 70.

I definitly can't complain here. In regards of actual gear, read gear with stats on them, this is definetly all you can wish for on a Level 70 character. The only two think that might be necessary here is maybe tweeking the amount. I definitly can't complain about the per game rewards but 8 unassemled components for the daily and 20 for the weekly looks a little bit week compared to the regular warzone daily and weekly. Of course the number of games for the GSF daily and weekly are lower than the one for regular warzones but if I remember correctly the weekly for regular warzones was also increased from 14 to 20 to justify giving out 40 unassembled components. So if this thread would be a poll would you accept a higher amount of matches for the daily / weekly in exchange for handing out more unassembled commonents I definitly would vote yes. While this focus on the daily / weekly might seem odd a bit consider this, in- game performance rewards of CXP and Unassembled Components are performanced based, a win rewards more UCs than a loss and more medals rewards more CXP, the Daily and Weekly rewards are guaranteed. Which means a new player in GSF terms that is still trying to figure out how to contribute in a game would be most likely looking for the guaranteed rewards first because even while learning the game the player still will get them while a new player will probably not feal sure enough about the performanced based per game rewards to count on them advancing his character. That is why I think increasing the guaranteed rewards would be worthwhile even when it means increasing the number of games to get the rewards.

On the other hand as great as the CXP and UC rewards are below Level 70 characters are a little bit left out of the party. After other mission also handle giving out rewards based on the character level wouldn't it be an idea, this could also implemented for regular warzones, that completing daily and weekly missions on a below 70 character rewards a gear box like the one that you get from completing heroic missions below level 70 in addition to what this missions already reward? While that one wouldn't be game breaking it would be a nice boost during leveling.

2) Conquest

I think that the Conquest Intro mission was giving out Fleet and Ship Requisition was already a sign that you noticed that Conquest is definitly an area that you can advance while playing GSF. And as someone who yesterday finished the conquest goal for this week on his fourth character and which guild is currently advancing safely to conquering Section X this week I definitly agree with that. So what could we want as GSF rewards to help with that. Well most thinks are already mentoined in this thread.

-Decorations

I was told stronghold bonus is good for conquest. So we need decorations to decorate our strongholds to get stronghold bonuses. I definitly would support fleet commendation sold decorations for this purpose. There are already a lot of suggestions in this thread the only one I havn't see so far you can buy imperial and republic soldiers from the PVP vendor why not imperial and republic pilots for fleet recommendation? From the other suggestion more model ships and model sattelites are definitly my favorite. In addition to fleet recommendation based Decorations I am also a little sad that there is no Archivment based Trophy decoration. However after Odessen proving Grounds was also released with out one as opposed to every other warzone and Gods of the Machine was also released without out boss specific Trophy as opposed to every other operation I have the feeling that you generally walked away from that, which I found sad not only for GSF but SWTOR in general.

-Companions and Companion Gifts and Jawa scrap

There are no greater battles of attrition than Conquest crafting weeks. Especially for characters that havn't advanced to KOTFE because they are still enjoing the earlier releases, where for some of them you can't get back when you start KOTFE, additional methods of getting companions for crafting purposes that dosn't require to start KOTFE would be nice. The idea of getting the GSF Crew members as companions for the ground game is defintily a good one especially after some of there in game GSF lines could be used for there in game comments without having to hire a voice actor. After I am playing the German version of the game I am not sure if I retranslate everything correctly but running around with the already mentoined Salana Rok and hearing some of her GSF kill comments in regular ground battles like "Uh I think I can see body parts" or "Ha ha that was not bad" definitly would be good for a lough or two.

And of course after the companions needs to be leveld too companion gifts for fleet commendations is also something I can get behind. In fact the artifact box for 300 fleet commendation that usually drops a grade 5 purple companion gift is my go to fleet commendation sink right now but after that one also drops a bind on pick up pet that can't be sold to a vendor it sometimes is a 300 fleet commendation fee for destroying a pet I already have. So directly buying companion gifts would definitly be an improvement.

And after these leveled companions wan't something to do there was the option in 4.X to buy Jawa scrap with PVP commendations opening up the option to buy them with fleet recommendation seems to be another Idea how GSF can help you doing conquest by doing conquest with GSF.

There is also the additional bonus that everything that can be bought with fleet commendation can also be bought by playing the PVE space missions giving also an incentive to do those as well. In this regard the idea of letting Space PVE and GSF use the same reputation track is also something I can get behind.

I am a little bit more conflicted about another suggestion in this thread. Giving out Valor for GSF. After there are decorations that have a valor requirement including some that you get from the stronghold intro quest giving more option to actually use the decoration would be fine. On the other hand right now the only requirement for playing ranked is Valor 25. I don't think getting access to ranked PVP by playing GSF is working as attended. There are threads in the forum that ask to remove the valor requirement from the decorations from the intro quest and there are threads in the forum that say Valor 25 is a bad requirement for ranked PVP, ranked PVP needs a gear requirement to prevent gear advantage in ranked PVP. If one of these threads gets noticed by the devs these could impact the discussion if GSF should giving out Valor or not. Should the Valor requirement from the decorations from the stronghold intro quest be dropped I don't see a need for GSF to give out Valor. When we getting asked for Items that require to play GSF why shouldn't be there Items that require to play PVP with a Valor requirement? The only problem with that is if you do the stronghold intro you didn't play PVP and getting punished for not doing so because you can only use your rewards by playing PVP. On the other hand if the requirement for ranked PVP is changed so that Valor is not the requirement there is no getting access to ranked PVP by playing GSF. After a Gear requirement would open Ranked PVP for every one with a high Command Tier or succeess in Operations I think removing the Valor requirement from the decorations from the Stronghold intro quest is the solution with less negative side effects.

So after we talked now about how to advance the ground game with GSF I would say that there is also still some GSF cosmetics items that are missing where I would like to see them even when the didn't advance the ground game.

Imperial green - blue laser beams: did you see the trench run in Star Wars Episode IV A new hope recently? Along green laser beams the Imperial weapons are also using green-blue laser beams there, this was also used in Star Wars Rebels where different Imperial fighters use green-blue beams instead of green ones. After SWTOR copies the art style of the Satr Wars films and animated series I am surprised that so far I havn't seen any green-blue imperial options so far as a result.

Paint jobs with Imperial or republic logos for all ship classes: Right now you can only get the republic logo on scouts while the imperial logo is not available on bombers. I definitly would like all my fighters with the correct logo. After the Imperial Gunship paint job with the Imperial logo only has half the imperial logo and spread that one out above all parts of the fighter so that the logo is barrely noticeable I definitly wouldn't mind a new Imperial Gunship paint job closer to the look of the Imperial scout paint job which use more smaller imperial logos all across the ship. Based on the profile of the Imperial gun ships I think that would give the best chance to identify at least one of the logos on the ship.

Hi, I am Digital Janitor and I am a GSFaholic. I have not played ground game in about a year I think. I have not even finished the newest content, I got to a point and needed some object that I just did not care to look for so I stopped and have not gone back. Having said that I do feel that allowing people to gain Ground Game advantages would be a plus for those who do play the ground game. While some steps have been made to help tie the two together I think it could go further. Not having played the ground game much recently I relay should not try to give any details or opinions.

I do think that if you create a vendor you should allow people to purchase items using SHIP req. Additionally add some more paint jobs, laser/thruster colors, etc. and let us use SHIP req to purchase them per ship.

More decos would be great and I like the idea of master ships being able to be placed in a stronghold. That would drive me to master other ships for sure. Then I might find I like that ship once it's built up.

Two things are important when adding new purchase-able items:

1. Ground game rewards should feel and look like GSF rewards, something that shows your time and dedication in GSF. Right now we have achievement titles, and that's it pretty much. Could also add a flair and an outfit, but...

2. It's important that rewards have longevity. Unlockables will only last a couple weeks to the most dedicated players.

I think some "unlockable" type items are good (flair, mounts, outfit, decos), but here are a few ideas for rewards with longevity:

- Legacy-bound Ship Requisition tokens.

- Fleet Admiral's Command Token Box, containing command tokens (requires subscriber status to open).

- Galactic Starfighter Experience Boost. 100% increased experience gain (not CXP) from GSF for two hours.

Edited by Eli_Porter

The Dev post that started this thread asked for opinions on the idea of adding itemisation for 'ground' characters onto a GSF based vendor.

I was giving my opinion that I think that is a bad idea.

At most maybe stronghold decorations.

I can see the mindset behind this. A huge issue is the low population on GSF resulting in long queue times. Let's do some easy stuff to get more folk playing.

The easiest thing is to put the cool armour models, unique companions and such on a GSF related vendor.

Reflecting over the weekend I realise I've probably been a bit on the harsh side with my comments on the three Dev threads on GSF. I'll put that down to being a grumpy middle aged man with a serious case of nostalgia for the games of his youth, and maybe a rough week at work.

I realise that rewards have to be given for game activity and I have no problem with the unique items given out to those that run progression Operations, another aspect of the game I don't participate in.

Unfortunately it would seem many of the potential rewards for placing on a vendor have been squandered in the cartel packs or as cartel coin card rewards.

Themed pets such as the space ship models would have been an ideal reward. As would those recharge items that show the player controlling a mini space ship or watching a space battle. The four various pilot suits were given away as an incentive back at the launch of GSF but if not already on the space mission vendor would be a welcome addition. Possibly mounts could feature with some spaceship inspired mounts, after all many of the mounts available to from KotFE and KotET vendors are modelled heavily on the Gravestone and Eternal Fleet.

And of course Stronghold decorations, not just small holographics or wall mounted pictures but weapon parts and full size ship models.