Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Merge Discussion Thread

EricMusco

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server merges won't help now. Game is bleeding a long time and pretty hard last times.If players will back it's cheaper to do corss-server rather than 1 or 2 mega-servers each region. Even in good times they didn't do this. This looks like - "guys we have decision" but it doesn't. Edited by helpmewin

Server merges won't help. Game is bleeding a long time and pretty hard last times.If players will back it's cheaper to do corss-server rather than 1 or 2 mega-servers each region. Even in good times they didn't do this. This looks like - "guys we have decision" but it doesn't.

Pay attention: They've already stated multiple times and places, and it's been repeated many times in this thread, that they can not do cross server.

Pay attention: They've already stated multiple times and places, and it's been repeated many times in this thread, that they can not do cross server.

Everything its possible. Look at Secret World they restarted project with new client. They can do, but they won't do it. They milk this game by CM stuff, Its sadly, but its true.

Edited by helpmewin

To be fair, 9 am on a Monday (work, school) is not going to be a busy time.

It was after school and work in half of Europe and approaching that in London. I just threw in Austin time as a reference.

Edited by Icykill_

Server merges won't help now. Game is bleeding a long time and pretty hard last times.If players will back it's cheaper to do corss-server rather than 1 or 2 mega-servers each region. Even in good times they didn't do this. This looks like - "guys we have decision" but it doesn't.

Cross server isn't worth development time. They'd be better off investing that money into new content, which the lack of is the reason we have the dwindling population to begin with. Closing servers and force merging some is a far better use of resources.

Cross server isn't worth development time. They'd be better off investing that money into new content, which the lack of is the reason we have the dwindling population to begin with. Closing servers and force merging some is a far better use of resources.

Popularity of this game getting worse and worse. New dead servers, nothing changed, almost no1 from old players want to come back. Lack of new content is not the first reason why this game is bleeding.U can close server, transfer evreyone else on 1 or 2 servers on each region, but this game will still going down. Servers like TRE or Harbinger was semi-alive coz transfer from others, now there is no servers transfer from.

Edited by helpmewin

Popularity of this game getting worse and worse. New dead servers, nothing changed, almost no1 from old players want to come back. Lack of new content is not the first reason why this game is bleeding.U can close server, transfer evreyone else on 1 or 2 servers on each region, but this game will still going down. Servers like TRE or Harbinger was semi-alive coz transfer from others, now there is no servers transfer from.

I agree. Until something BIG happens, this is as good as it'll be...it's all downhill from here. Truthfully, we don't have the population to support 2 servers even.

Because I tested it out already: I made a toon on Harbinger to test it out. Do you know what I experienced when I asked about roleplay? Roleplay is not accepted here, so shut up about roleplay. I did that on the fleet and 2 other areas, same response, so how is that proving you right that more people will want to RP with that type of attitude. Sure....... and I have a bridge I can sell you in Arizona (and Arizona being a desert state)

I deleted that toon and said never would I go to Harbinger again after that sort of treatment.

Actually there are a couple nice bridges in AZ. The bridge over Rio Salado in Tempe is nice and there is a certain famous bridge in Havasu.

Read back, one already tried. They conveniently didn't return to the thread.

Sorry, mate, I can't be sitting around waiting on your replies, I have other things that need doing. I'm actually still waiting on your reply to my questions. The reply you gave was sadly quite predictable - instead of reading what I wrote and responding, you assumed I was arguing with you. I wasn't saying you were lying, I was trying to get you to provide some actual evidence to support your point (a line on a graph that shows 4 degrees means nothing). As I said earlier, unless you know that Light represents X people playing, you'd be as well calling it after colours or candy bars. I even said I would probably agree with you, but the red tinted glasses came on and you probably missed that.

But feel free to call me white knight, or whatever. For now, I'm going to keep playing and try to support others in playing, instead of jumping on the bandwagon of hating everything.

Edited by CrazyCT

Here are some real numbers showing the decline of SWTOR players.

The numbers presented by ixparse.com show the number of characters (not players!) that have Starparse installed. This is certainly only a subset of the population. So please keep in mind, this is not the number of accounts but the number of toons (characters) and one account can have many toons. On the other hand, only a minority of players have StarParse installed. However, many (most?) of players who raid do have StarParse installed, but I don't know. To see the numbers, hover your mouse over the chart and you will see how many toons there were per week.

Interestingly, we can see a decline from around 80k toons to around 52k toons in the past 16 weeks.

http://ixparse.com/stats/?boss=&metric=Toons

To reiterate, these numbers may give an indication of activity but do not reflect one-to-one the number of active accounts. One could speculate on the ratio of players who raid versus the number players who never raid, etc.

The numbers presented by ixparse.com show the number of characters (not players!) that have Starparse installed. This is certainly only a subset of the population. So please keep in mind, this is not the number of accounts but the number of toons (characters) and one account can have many toons. On the other hand, only a minority of players have StarParse installed. However, many (most?) of players who raid do have StarParse installed, but I don't know. To see the numbers, hover your mouse over the chart and you will see how many toons there were per week.

Interestingly, we can see a decline from around 80k toons to around 52k toons in the past 16 weeks.

To reiterate, these numbers may give an indication of activity but do not reflect one-to-one the number of active accounts. One could speculate on the ratio of players who raid versus the number players who never raid, etc.

As well as the pvpers who don't use starparse

My God...the drop off is worse than I imagined. That's a decline of 50%.

Keith...READ THIS and then figure out what you did that caused it. It was your endless nerfs, which have done nothing but HURT the damn game. You have made it less accessible for ALL players of every skill level...revert your damn nerfs.

Keith...READ THIS and then figure out what you did that caused it. It was your endless nerfs, which have done nothing but HURT the damn game. You have made it less accessible for ALL players of every skill level...revert your damn nerfs.

You do understand not everyone use that right? Even the people I run Operations with don't use it so that is not taking those people into account so that may not be completely accurate.

You do understand not everyone use that right? Even the people I run Operations with don't use it so that is not taking those people into account so that may not be completely accurate.

True, but of the 80k that did use it, do you know why 30k would stop?

Of course I understand that. Who doesn't? Were you under the impression nobody used it? Of course not. But, of the people who DID use it, 50% have dropped from the game. It's obviously not ALL the data, but it sure as hell is SOME data and I believe it's a very telling sampling of the current state of the game.

Of course I understand that. Who doesn't? Were you under the impression nobody used it? Of course not. But, of the people who DID use it, 50% have dropped from the game. It's obviously not ALL the data, but it sure as hell is SOME data and I believe it's a very telling sampling of the current state of the game.

It's valid data on the trend we all see. Disney and EA have been focusing all games during the time of the theatrical movies and extensively preparing fans for all the spin offs during the same period. Disney terminated the other 'problem SW games' and thier entire Infinity platform.

SWTOR is the abnormality. Unless TOR can reconnect and integrate with other Disney platforms, it's movies, its toys, it's theme parks, it won't get corporate attention nor budgets and staff. =(

That's a huge over-exaggeration, is it not?

First, it's not even close to 50%. It's about 37%. That's closer to one third than one half.

Second, those numbers are CHARACTERS, not accounts. That does NOT mean that 37% of the people using that parser have "left the game". It means that roughly 37% of the CHARACTERS "belonging" to players that use that parser are not being played.

Given the number of people claiming that they "cannot play alts", is it any surprise that the number of CHARACTERS being played has dropped?

Now, I am not saying that there has been no drop in population, only that the numbers given in the post to which you responded hardly show a 50% drop in population.

This is not a valid disqualification to the Starparse numbers. The numbers are measured against themselves over time, so they make no pretense at being representative of everyone who raids. You're using a fact as an objection which the statistics neither claims nor needs to be relevant to the argument.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.