Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see a new road map soon since it's September, would like to know what we're getting before the end of the year. :confused:

My default is to not renew until Oct. 6 anyway. I'm guessing big ticket items (including expansion and/or any population policy) will be unveiled there.

Keith,

Please incentivize Uprisings in so that it pops in groupfinder. From a developer standpoint you guys made all this great content yet I've only been lucky to do them handful of times since their release. I should mention I'm playing on the most populated North American server Harbinger.

Keith,

Please incentivize Uprisings in so that it pops in groupfinder. From a developer standpoint you guys made all this great content yet I've only been lucky to do them handful of times since their release. I should mention I'm playing on the most populated North American server Harbinger.

If they were fun I would play them, but to me that just aren't fun, and no amount of incentives will change my mind about that and make me start wanting to play them.

I wish they had put their time into creating a new operation instead of gambling on a new game type that nobody that I know ever wanted or asked for.

Maybe for people like you the should make a solo version like the originally intended, then you could still enjoy doing them while others either unsub or continue to wait for new ops.

Keith,

It has been almost 100 days since your last quarterly update. Are you planning another one this quarter, or are you going to start calling them semi annual updates, or something like that?

I'd like to know whats coming for the next quarter (at least) also so yeah a BUMP from me also!:)

If they were fun I would play them, but to me that just aren't fun, and no amount of incentives will change my mind about that and make me start wanting to play them.

I wish they had put their time into creating a new operation instead of gambling on a new game type that nobody that I know ever wanted or asked for.

Maybe for people like you the should make a solo version like the originally intended, then you could still enjoy doing them while others either unsub or continue to wait for new ops.

Why are uprisings better:

1. Quick, unlike those year and a day flashpoints like False Emperor or it's predecessor Battle of Illum

2. Uprisings seem to have a better random generator than FP's meaning you'll get something different instead of the same 3 FP's. FP's wouldn't be so bad if you actually got a variety like Kaon Under Seige or they had a veteran Lost Island.

Why are uprisings better:

1. Quick, unlike those year and a day flashpoints like False Emperor or it's predecessor Battle of Illum

2. Uprisings seem to have a better random generator than FP's meaning you'll get something different instead of the same 3 FP's. FP's wouldn't be so bad if you actually got a variety like Kaon Under Seige or they had a veteran Lost Island.

But they aren't fun.

You can argue which is better, but if I don't think they are fun, the rest of your point are moot because I won't play them if I don't like them, just like I don't do gsf because I don't like doing that.

The only thing that giving greater incentives to a specific game type that I don't enjoy like uprisings would do for me is that it would make me angry, and it would cause me to ask for similar incentives for things that I do enjoy doing. And if they gave better incentives to everything, then you would still be in the same boat of wanting more people to q for them so that you could do them more often.

I reality, you might want to think about finding other players that want to do them as much as you do, and then group up with them instead of relying on group finder. After all, I am pretty sure that unless you are on one of the dead servers, that there are probably at least three other people on your server that would be happy to join you. If not, then I will go back to my first statement, and suggest that the reason you are having problems getting grouped up though group finder might just be that not enough people enjoy the content.

Could we see a Valkorion/Acina-style Dark Side Corruption eye colour additional appearance option customization become available on the Cartel Market for all species with humanoid eyes, such as Human, Twi'lek, Togruta, Rattataki, Zabrak and so on, with the next game patch? The idea has been suggested and discussed in this thread and seemingly would be quite a popular thing from the look of the posts :) Maybe the Cathar could also get their unique design of that eye colour as to not exclude them from getting a new customization option?

Hey,

There's been many questions similar to yours, plus quite a few PMs (still reading those), asking me about the direction of the game. But, why divert resources before delivering a full operation seemed like it could be helpful to address directly.

Diverting suggests we only focus on Operations while ignoring the other game play systems. As many would attest to, we essentially did that the last couple years with our focus on KOTFE and KOTET. Yet, we learned a lot about content delivery and timing. We decided to leverage that into providing multi-player content on a more frequent basis, preferably every 5-6 weeks, although some content takes longer, such as Operation Boss encounters.

During the development of the Boss fights, I think it's prudent for us to work on other game play systems and deliver those changes instead of making everyone wait until the end of the year. That may not be the answer you were looking for, but it is the direction the team has agreed to for the foreseeable future.

---Keith

Last post in this thread by a dev was over 2 months ago...

Hey Keith,

I think one way to bring back the HM/NIM progression types that were the central column to many an established guild would be to offer something like 250 Armor in NIM Ops. Along with unique mounts and decos give them some gear to reflect their blood, sweat, and tears sacrifice.

Would love a new road map soon so I know what's coming up now that we're a week into September.

I think we'll be seeing the roadmap drop next week (if it's on Thursday I will consider it a birthday gift from Bioware) and if not then most certainly the week after, but I can assure you that without a doubt it should be published somewhere in the next two weeks! Literally, it can be published any moment now, today, tomorrow, in a few days. Just a little bit more patience and we'll know what Bioware has in store for us and the game for the rest of 2017 ^_^

Edited by Ylliarus

Keith,

I have made a 2 month subscription because i was excited about the Roadmpap 2017.

Bofore, i was a year out, waiting to see new directions like it was announced. It was worth the time.

But deliver more of what was promissed, so old subs like me and friends can really return! :)

Edited by leonlotus

So, let me guess, what we will read in the new roadmap:

5.5 at end of september?

- new ops boss

- double cxp

5.6 octobre / mid november

- the story about theron continues

- maybe one or two new uprisings?

5.7 mid december

- the last two ops bosses

- lifeday event

Any other ideas?

Edited by Exocor

So, let me guess, what we will read in the new roadmap:

5.5 at end of september?

- new ops boss

- double cxp

5.6 octobre / mid november

- the story about theron continues

- maybe one or two new uprisings?

5.7 mid december

- the last two ops bosses

- lifeday event

Any other ideas?

heh my theory was

5.5 - duo ops basses and double cxp bonus.

5.6 - 10 min story again, likely in a flashpoint and not 'continuing' anything.

5.7 - last ops boss/es. that's it.

Guess the tiny amounts of stuff each update has made me expect next to nothing. They've done more class changes then anything else the last 4 months it feels like lol, so .. more class changes too? or and some reaaranging of cxp rewards, I think this was mentioned.

Edited by Asmodesu

heh my theory was

5.5 - duo ops basses and double cxp bonus.

5.6 - 10 min story again, likely in a flashpoint and not 'continuing' anything.

5.7 - last ops boss/es. that's it.

Guess the tiny amounts of stuff each update has made me expect next to nothing. They've done more class changes then anything else the last 4 months it feels like lol, so .. more class changes too? or and some reaaranging of cxp rewards, I think this was mentioned.

You forgot one: Companion returns in 5.6 in a 1-minute Alliance Alert (and is never heard from again after that except maybe in a letter).