Which NPC voices do you dislike the most?

AdharaKyleth

On the flip side, here are my top three favorite voices...

Fem. Smuggler (Yes, I know, but I play the smuggler story the most...)

M. Agent (The perfect spy voice)

Vette: (Okay, this is mostly because I loved Mission from KOTOR)

I'm sure there is a lot more that I like, It's just not coming to me now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Female Inquisitor. Deliciously malevolent.

ok then, favorite voices!

Male Sith Warrior. The End.

Doc and Kaliyo - even though I despise the characters, their VA's are perfect.

That one Scottish imperial officer on Hoth you have to work with as Republic. Ladies, you know who I'm talking about.

Vector

Theron has grown on me a lot. He's always so feisty.

Really, any British man can talk at me and I'll listen.

Not that I hate it,..but I can't get over Bowdaar's crazy wookie words. We're like having a serious conversation,..where he opens up about his painful past and I am here holding back laughter.

"Oh yeah? Oh that's terrible,..oh n,...pfft,...no one should go through that, buddy,..pfft,.."

i like vaylin's voice. much as i like voices. but her facial animations sometimes, are just a wee bit comical. she does the muppet frown/scowl thing a few times and well it takes me out of the moment.

On the subject of the Zakuulan Royal Family: I wanted to think Valkorian's voice was cool, but I just found myself making fun of him whenever he started talking. Arcann's voice is great, it just doesn't sound right coming out of his mouth. Now, tell me what Valkorian, Senya, Arcann, Thexan, Koth, Indo Zal, the Zakuulan actress from the GEMINI ship, the dude with the mask who was running the Nathema asylum, and all of the unnecessarily chatty Knights of Zakuul you kill have in common? American accents. So why, exactly, is Vaylin British? And her voice is so whiny and high-pitched that I couldn't bring myself to be intimidated by it.

Other characters whose voices get on my nerves: Darth Marr (Yes, I said it. Sue me. I don't deny that he's cool, but his voice actor is trying way too hard), all of the Selkath, anybody who speaks Huttese, Qyzen Fess (along with any other Trandoshan), Light Side Jaesa (is DS Jaesa's delivery any less stilted?), Lord Scourge (Yes, I said it. Sue me. Something about his voice just makes me want to punch him), HK-55, and male Smuggler post-class story. Oh, and Arlaia Zayzen, the first boss from the Eternal Championship. She's so bad it's hilarious.

Voices I love: JACE MALCOM, male Smuggler during the class story (basically, I like his voice, but the actor just can't pull off lines that were meant for Jedi/Sith), male Inquisitor (it sounds so calm and sinister), Kira Carsen, male Agent's fake Republic accent (this one always amuses me for some reason), SCORPIO, (I remember liking Darth Jadus' voice, but it's been so long that I have no idea what he sounded like), Ardun Kothe, both Troopers (I haven't really heard most of the female voices, but you've gotta love Femshep), Aric Jorgan, M1-4X, male Bounty Hunter, Gault, male Consular (I know, I know, but his voice actually fits my straight-laced, diplomatic Shadow), Zenith, Darth Baras, Theron (who sounds a lot like Zenith, now that I think about it), Revan (Meh, I'd file him in the same category as Arcann - great voice that doesn't suit him at all), and Senya.

Fair enough. :)

I like almost all of the female main character voice acting. I love the female SW and Smuggler voice acting. It's a tie between the two. Both are so perfect for their characters (the way I play them). The female voice acting for the Trooper, BH, IA, and SI -- awesome! I'm not familiar enough with the male main character voice acting to say one way or another.

Blizz!

The first Keeper from the IA story. I like his voice acting.

love:

Female smuggler - no apologies needed here; she has more life and humor going than any other vo.

Male agent - damn. just damn.

hate:

Male smuggler - no other vo is as flat and boring, by far. Maybe its not his voice but the lack of, well the lack of Everything that makes human verbal communication interesting. Perhaps it was the directing that destroyed the character's line deliveries, idk.

Quyzen - this one's a must to switch out asap.

Ugnaughts - spacebar.... quickly

Ok this is not even a discussion. It is Corso, I win all of you are fighting for second place.

Not!! You cheated, so you lose :p

Corso is right on...

I'll listen to "Anything you want, Captain" any day of the week. Way to go Troy!

Love:

Lana: One of the two imperial voice actors that sold their accent well. Lana's speech is calculated, precise and without hesistation. I love it because she's always calm in the majority of situations, though it does make her seem a little, empty in terms of emotion, I'm probably just biased because I love lana so much ^^

Elara Dorne: The second imperial voice actor who sells, Elara sounds great and is fantastic. Her lines are nice, short and sweet and her speech is pretty mature with a strong sense of emotion. Nice

Valkorion: Slow yet powerful form of speech, establishes strong sense of control and articulation. Many of his lines are sold simply by the fact he takes his time to speak. Smooth flow to his ideals and its emboldened by the slow, composed yet somewhat cocky tense of his pace.

Vaylin:Complete opposite to Valkorion but still sells... reckless, raw voice with no hesistation to scream or get loud, its very rare i like loud exaggerated voices but this one sold it fantastically. She talks fast yet concise, very very outspoken, and in some places outrageous and sadistic!

It's a perfect example of when pure talent and skill carry the script

Malgus: As Alpha as it gets

He's strong, brandish with his tongue, it's a damn shame he never got promoted past poster boy until his short uprising. The voice-phonic like speech was perfect for him and it gave him a unique personality

Brontes: Much like Valk, her speech is slow and composed which makes her sound very thrilling and sadistic. "Yeeeeess.... come closer.... cloooooserrrr!" :> *shudders*

Best evil laugh in the game, some of the best lines in her script. I will never get tired of Brontes.

Coratanni :Dear lord her voice was so hard and brutal for a woman, it was so fun to listen to.

She's probably the only voice actor with an outstanding stereotype that did it right and sold it well.

Hate:

Corso Riggs : Very unwelcoming voice and an awful stereotype to go with it, almost like they tried to hard to humanize him

Koth Vortena Fantastic voice actor... terrible lines. I get he's a pirate type, and he had a jazzy type voice which in my opinion was fantastic, but why are his lines so dam awful? His personality is very contradictive and for that Koth's identity as a character was completely compromised and its one of the reasons people probably hate him.

He acts like a rogue with a conscience.

He wants you to save lives but he steals your Sith... cmon!

Malavai Quinn: Way too many inconsistencies in his speech, theres like 5 different segments when his voice completely changes. He sounds like an Imperial with a permanent cold... and he's trying to maintain. Please stop that!

Shae Vizla: Similar to Koth, great voice but terrible lines. There are too many flaws in Vizla's personality, you can't put a voice on it... yet they did a good job finding a decent voice, its then destroyed by god awful lines...

TIMBER!!!! NOBODY EVEN CUTS TREES IN SWTOR >,<

They should've made her like Torian Cadera, how he often says certain lines in Mandalorian's native language, if Vizla was the same, it probably would've sold.

Empress Acina: She was so beautiful and her character model is dazzling, but her voice just does not match the body/facial features. She sounds like a pompous spoiled brat who never goes outside and has people constantly do her dirty work. I didn't like it, at all.

Edited by Bonzenaattori

Love (in no particular order):

Female warrior

Male warrior

Male inquisitor

Male agent

Malavai Quinn

I could listen to those voice all day long reading a phone book to me, and never get bored.

Dislike:

Male consular

I just can't. Monotonous drone with a bland voice. Nope.