Command Rank 5 happening, not just a bad, sick tisted joke from Bioware

LordAppius

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be opening a can of worms (:eek:) by replying, but I wanted to address the question about Tier 5. Essentially, what you are seeing is just old data that needs to be purged.

We have no plans to add Tier 5 levels/crates to Galactic Command anytime soon. I'll be sure to kick off a thread after I release the Roadmap to dive deeper into our gearing vision for the coming year. That way, we're all on the same footing and can have a good discussion about what and when.

---Keith

very good. see what your roadmap has to state in a week or so from now.

Edited by Celise

it may not come to that if Keith pulls that GC failboat out of the game.

GC is fine right now, just needs 246 mats to drop like candy from PvP.

And the more Iokath operation bosses they release, the easier it will be to get 248 gear.

GC is fine right now, just needs 246 mats to drop like candy from PvP.

And the more Iokath operation bosses they release, the easier it will be to get 248 gear.

GC has no purpose any longer, the gear doesn't really matter, it's destroying pvp and it's been nothing short of a disaster. incase you forgot how many left the game and everything in this thread to point out that GC is not worth it.

GC has no purpose any longer, the gear doesn't really matter

I have no idea what that even means. :rak_02:

it's destroying pvp

I wouldn't go that far, but gear progression in PvP does need addressing. If they make 246 mats easily obtainable from PvP then there wouldn't be much of an issue. Edit: Oh, and legacy UC

and it's been nothing short of a disaster. incase you forgot how many left the game and everything in this thread to point out that GC is not worth it.

GC at 5.0 pissed off a lot of people, but the changes made since then placed the system at a good spot.

Edited by Eli_Porter

It is not in a good spot for PvP. The grind to 300 is ridiculous, and 300 is the *start* of T4. Meanwhile, the T4 crate 248 drop rate is abysmal, and 246 crafting is still broken due to missing mats. Meanwhile, the UC rate is still abysmal as well - glacially slow.

I'd say it's pretty far from OK. It only looks OK to you because you're geared. I am too, but I haven't forgotten how sucky it was to get here.

Yes it is happening....

For all of those who have doubts go to Decorations>Mounts:page 72. There is a mount there ( DAMN BIOWARE YOU HAVE ZERO CREATIVITY) THAT DROPS FROM cOMMAND cRATES tIER 5.

More grind for a game that should rename to Eternal Grind

Bioware if you are going to keep implementing more Command tiers at least give us some cool stuff, and not 15 reskined Star fortress mounts as well as 5 zakuul taxis.....

Careful. One time i asked about something with furute CC market item, and I got warn becouse of talking about not-yet inplemented items to game. :eek:

I may be opening a can of worms (:eek:) by replying, but I wanted to address the question about Tier 5. Essentially, what you are seeing is just old data that needs to be purged.

We have no plans to add Tier 5 levels/crates to Galactic Command anytime soon. I'll be sure to kick off a thread after I release the Roadmap to dive deeper into our gearing vision for the coming year. That way, we're all on the same footing and can have a good discussion about what and when.

---Keith

Thank you very much Keith! Now this really is excellent communication between the Devs and the Players, I am so happy to see frequent replies to threads with issues like this. Keep up the amazing work Keith and friends!

The 4.0 system was the best endgame gearing system I have seen in any MMO save Eve, where there isn't one (it's all player driven on the market.)

5.x was an embarrassing, mediocre step back to RNG. In 2016/17. Amazing.

4.0 flagged HM was ********, you could get bis gear without doing the hardest content. You could find a LOT of people in bis gear (or very likely) who were completely bad players (didnt know mechanics, rotations).

4.0 flagged HM was ********, you could get bis gear without doing the hardest content. You could find a LOT of people in bis gear (or very likely) who were completely bad players (didnt know mechanics, rotations).

So what? You say that like it is a bad thing. From a PvP perspective, it was awesome.

Edited by stoopicus

I have no idea what that even means. :rak_02:

Huh playing coy? well when you decide to get off that "no comment" horse of yours and be more forthcoming, thats on you. if you really want a hint to get you started, look back overthe thread and if you can't be bothered to find an answer in all that as for it's lack of purpose. then don't bother responding.

I wouldn't go that far, but gear progression in PvP does need addressing. If they make 246 mats easily obtainable from PvP then there wouldn't be much of an issue. Edit: Oh, and legacy UC

246's and 248 and command points all contribute to it. remove the GC and get people to jump through the loop to get that reward like it used to and it won't be so easy to get that top end reward.

GC at 5.0 pissed off a lot of people, but the changes made since then placed the system at a good spot.

the fact you mentioned that it did annoy people makes the first part of your comment suspect because you clearly know whats going on with GC. another matter is that because you know that it's still annoying people, even with the normalisation of the content. it maybe okay for you, but there are those who want this GC thing gone.

RemoveRNG.

Edited by Celise

Huh playing coy? well when you decide to get off that "no comment" horse of yours and be more forthcoming, thats on you. if you really want a hint to get you started, look back overthe thread and if you can't be bothered to find an answer in all that as for it's lack of purpose. then don't bother responding.

If you have an argument to bring forth then do it. I'm not gonna start debating with hints.

246's and 248 and command points all contribute to it. remove the GC and get people to jump through the loop to get that reward like it used to and it won't be so easy to get that top end reward.

246 could be obtained purely via the GTN once they release the new schematics. It won't require going through GC to obtain. The problem is cost, but if they make the 246 mats drop heavily and primarily through PvP then that won't be a problem.

the fact you mentioned that it did annoy people makes the first part of your comment suspect because you clearly know whats going on with GC. another matter is that because you know that it's still annoying people, even with the normalisation of the content. it maybe okay for you, but there are those who want this GC thing gone.

RemoveRNG.

I said it did annoy people, not that it still does. At this point, if you're still annoyed about PvE progression you're being annoyed for the sake of being annoyed. Are there some places to improve? Sure. But nothing to be angry about.

Edited by Eli_Porter

you're assuming i am angry and put an awful lot of point on that. that is where you are wrong.

it's more a lack of interest in GC and tired of the way this GC thing is being flogged around like a dead horse. i'm just wondering why the poor thing isn't buried yet.

i can only conclude this is a polar opposites of point, you are clearly in the camp of favoring it and i'm in the camp of wanting it gone. i don't think there will be common ground on why we both think the way we do.

RemoveRNG.

To be fair they've done a decent job of getting PvE gearing back to normal. Sure, the command crates are still RNG, but if you run Ops you can get all set bonus from boss drops.

PvP needs to be reworked. Make UC drops legacy bound AND significantly increase the UC reward for all PvP, or make UC capable of buying "Expertise" gear like back in 4.0, which should be 236 level in PvE terms, but capable of destroying a 248 geared player.

I'm gonna keep my hopes up, because if they initially had plans for a Tier 5 and then removed them, SOMEONE is listening, and that someone said he'll post a thread about future gearing right after the roadmap is out.

LOL Sorry, it's still a garbage system. It's still demotivating. It still gives you mostly garbage. It needs to be removed from the game and they can take the random reward boxes from the Heroics and get rid of them along with it.

LOL Sorry, it's still a garbage system. It's still demotivating. It still gives you mostly garbage. It needs to be removed from the game and they can take the random reward boxes from the Heroics and get rid of them along with it.

What's wrong with the Heroic box rewards? They just give cosmetic items and companion gifts, why not just not partake in the system if you don't like it?

Agree that they shoud remove the RNG from GC, or at least get rid of green and blue nonsense and give us purples and golds only.

---Keith

THANK YOU Keith!!! The game is what we want to play, not a gearing mini-game. Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

THANK YOU Keith!!! The game is what we want to play, not a gearing mini-game. Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

Yeah, gotta say the communication is great there. In case no one else noticed it was pretty much immediately after the weekend, too, so it's not like an earlier response could have been reasonably expected. Very refreshing.

Yeah, gotta say the communication is great there. In case no one else noticed it was pretty much immediately after the weekend, too, so it's not like an earlier response could have been reasonably expected. Very refreshing.

I got a warm, fuzzy feeling in my chest when I saw his response. I browse the forums off and on when unsubbed, and pretty actively when subbed, and in the past 3 years this is the first time I have seen someone from Bioware respond this actively.

So yeah, thanks a lot Keith! It's great to see that our concerns are being heard.

Edited by EzioMessi

What sense is there in removing it? You can gear the old ways if you want, through Ops drops and WZ currency.

Tweaking the currency rate so WZs are less of a slog is all well and good, but what would be gained by taking out the GC crates that are now (a) extra stuff that dedicated raiders and pvpers get on top of their preferred gearing method and (b) a way for other players, whose preferred playstyle had no avenue to BiS gear under the old system, to gear up?

Edited by DarthDymond

What sense is there in removing it? You can gear the old ways if you want, through Ops drops and WZ currency.

Tweaking the currency rate so WZs are less of a slog is all well and good, but what would be gained by taking out the GC crates that are now (a) extra stuff that dedicated raiders and pvpers get on top of their preferred gearing method and (b) a way for other players, whose preferred playstyle had no avenue to BiS gear under the old system, to gear up?

Why do people who do neither PvP, nor endgame PvE even want BiS gear? What exactly would they do with it, kill mobs in 2.9 seconds instead of 3 seconds? If anything, not giving BiS gear to people who don't play endgame would incentivize that part of the game, just like how placing class buffs, stats buffs, decorations, in solo play incentivizes that part.

Why do people who do neither PvP, nor endgame PvE even want BiS gear? What exactly would they do with it, kill mobs in 2.9 seconds instead of 3 seconds? If anything, not giving BiS gear to people who don't play endgame would incentivize that part of the game, just like how placing class buffs, stats buffs, decorations, in solo play incentivizes that part.

Playing Master Mode for Chapters, FPs, and Uprisings, for one.

And regardless of whether or not a player gets a significant gameplay benefit from better gear, it just being there as an attainable reward often is enough to keep many players on the proverbial "treadmill" that MMOs and mobile games are built on - scratching the same sort of itch as achievement hunting for example. A player with no interest in Ops or PVP might write off gear that is hard gated behind those types of content, but still be willing to grind for it if the content s/he does play offers a path to it.

Edited by DarthDymond