Command Rank 5 happening, not just a bad, sick tisted joke from Bioware

LordAppius

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats it. I'm not grinding ANOTHER tier of gear, which we DONT EVEN NEED to clear the current content. Bye sub.

For goodness sakes, for all we know this is something they originally intended but have since changed their minds but these little bits have already gone live. Just wait for the roadmap. Keith has a week

That's just bloody sadistic.

Yes, it is in a way, because i do like to play a lot sometimes. Pvp or other things. But what this would the same as telling people. "No matter how high you Tier is now you will always have to grind more hours and higher Tiers to get the same thing".

Edited by MandFlurry

You are getting more gear since Bioware announced there will be a nightmare version of Tyth.

Once again we get something that is halof baked throughout the year and bioware and devs think they are doing an amazing job, the game barealy delivers any content at all. What once person should do is sub once every year, probably when they release content and then wait for more content, because right now they deliver you content that takes 1 hour to do.... hurray....but you get to farm gear, so that makes up for it

Funny i know a sniper that with 246 and 248 gear can't break 4 k dps....

I said it at the time it was announced, GC is this games NGE

forced on players despite overwhelmingly negative feedback, because they devs did what tehy wanted to do, not the players.

and they won't back down on it because ego

Keith will try and salvage whats left, and I hope he does, but the damage is done

The biggest mistake EA's made through this whole debacle is underestimating their customers.

Star Wars fans are nerds

MMO players are nerds

Star Wars fans who play MMO's are super nerds

Know what else nerds are other than nerdy? Smart

If you take a weak idea and throw some glitter on it to sell it, we'll see a weak idea covered in glitter. not what you hope we'll see. We're clever that way.

Read what we say we want and act on it

Stop trying to tell us what we want

I said it at the time it was announced, GC is this games NGE

forced on players despite overwhelmingly negative feedback, because they devs did what tehy wanted to do, not the players.

and they won't back down on it because ego

Keith will try and salvage whats left, and I hope he does, but the damage is done

The biggest mistake EA's made through this whole debacle is underestimating their customers.

Star Wars fans are nerds

MMO players are nerds

Star Wars fans who play MMO's are super nerds

Know what else nerds are other than nerdy? Smart

If you take a weak idea and throw some glitter on it to sell it, we'll see a weak idea covered in glitter. not what you hope we'll see. We're clever that way.

Read what we say we want and act on it

This!

You are getting more gear since Bioware announced there will be a nightmare version of Tyth.

242 was already the "old nim" gear, since you needed only that level to clear nims of current levelcap. So assuming your statement is correct, 242 would suffice for Tyth HM (which it does) and 248 would be Tyth nim gear. So, again, we dont need 5th tier.

Edited by Kiesu

Keep grinding the lack of content.

Anyway we'll see if Keith has a plan to address this issue. Right now let's give him the benefits of the doubt as this was certainly in motion before he landed as producer and could not do much about it in that a short time.

Command ranks and CXP serve no purpose and the command system isn't even a real progression system.

Progression systems in other games give you incremental stat boosts and are typically just boosting passive stats etc. This command system exists only to give the addicted completionists a reason to stay subscribed and playing.

Command ranks and CXP serve no purpose and the command system isn't even a real progression system.

Progression systems in other games give you incremental stat boosts and are typically just boosting passive stats etc. This command system exists only to give the addicted completionists a reason to stay subscribed and playing.

I agree,...ultimately,..there may be a level increase. And ultimately,..a level 73, earned in a few hours tops, will be stronger than a level 70 with 300 ranks of command ranks. So yeah,..I am not sweating the Cxp much. heh.

That was a big thing for me when GC first came out. The first red flag was how hard they were selling GC because a good product will essentially sell itself/your customers will sell it for you. Secondly, when the players saw GC for what it was, the devs started telling us how exciting and thrilling GC is... as if BW believes we lack the mental capacity to decide for ourselves what is exciting and thrilling.

Then after all this feedback at the beginning, BW went months without even addressing there was a problem as they doubled down on what exactly the players didn't want. While they now appear to be in panic/band-aid mode, they still haven't resolved the core issues the players have with the system: RNG on a crap loot table and the time it takes to grind just to compete in (PvP) or complete (NM Ops) the old content they could do before GC. That alone is asinine. Did they not have anyone on staff who said, "Hey guys, let's rethink this... the players may get kind of mad if we take away the stuff they've been enjoying for years and make them RNG-grind it back doing other content they don't enjoy doing? Typically, this is the point where gaming companies release new content to work towards..." It reminds me of my older brother acting like a jerk growing up and taking a toy of mine and then making me jump through hoops just to get my toy back.

Put all of this together and you've got a MMO gaming developer who doesn't actually appear to play MMOs and consistently insults their customers' intelligence and alienating them. All of this just so they can push an outdated gaming "experience" of a RNG-grind for end game gear in order to complete three year old content and obtain a few items. I thought I finally escaped that archaic and annoying system when I quit Asheron's Call back in 2002... back when killing mobs for gear and items was the original Thrill of the Hunt™, not opening boxes through a garish interface that has all the class and sophistication of a slot machine in the Las Vegas airport.

Edited by Edyn

they still haven't resolved the core issues the players have with the system: RNG on a crap loot table and the time it takes to grind just to compete in (PvP) or complete (NM Ops) the old content they could do before GC. That alone is asinine.

The operation issue is resolved. Apart from implants (which you can craft at 240 with conq mats), you can gear up someone to NiM gear just by doing one run of each KP+EV HM and Tyth SM.

, not opening boxes through a garish interface that has all the class and sophistication of a slot machine in the Las Vegas airport.

but but,...they make for awesome 100x Crate opening youTube Vids!

Apparently their 'metrics' see that getting the mobile phone gamer crowd in is more important. Those are rife with cash shop micro-gem energy loot crate shenanigans. They pay more than 'super nerds' I guess. Sadly.

Tthey still haven't resolved the core issues the players have with the system: RNG on a crap loot table and the time it takes to grind just to compete in (PvP) or complete (NM Ops) the old content they could do before GC.

that is it perfectly

I could do all the content in the game I wanted to before 5.0

Now I can't

5.0 stopped me playing how I want to

but but,...they make for awesome 100x Crate opening youTube Vids!

Apparently their 'metrics' see that getting the mobile phone gamer crowd in is more important. Those are rife with cash shop micro-gem energy loot crate shenanigans. They pay more than 'super nerds' I guess. Sadly.

Funny thing, super nerds have money, too. I'd pay much more than I pay now for actual content in a game - I've said it in the past, I but would have paid upwards of $300 for a single expansion if it was of the same caliber of Vanilla. I'd pay up to $50 a month for actual content updates... and take that times two for the husb. The problem is, even if we pay out the same money over time as these crate-heads, content takes effort. It takes imagination. It takes the talent to create and maintain an entire fictional universe that keeps players engaged. Anyone can come up with some reskins and a cheap interface but it takes a lot of talent and a lot of passion for the game and the fictional universe it's set in to keep someone like me engaged and ready with my wallet open to see what the game presents to me next. Unfortunatly it's just cheaper for them to keep cranking out items and packs rather than maintain the fictional SWTOR experience.

It takes more than a slot machine and the mediocre story bone thrown to me to keep me paying money while other players are having a blast clicking on a pack, revealing some items and watching the pretty lights. I've realized I'm just not their target audience anymore. Vanilla got me hooked - I was immersed. I teetered with RotHC and SoR, and my immersion experience has been in a freefall since KOTFE... but at least people can still record themselves clicking on a box and watching those pretty lights...

The sad thing is that the 4.0 system was actually quite good and this debacle is a giant step backwards.

You got that right. ^

Seeing that there is a real possibility for a command rank 5 is just really disappointing.

I honestly hope this road map things is amazing. Otherwise, I can't see our guild surviving with GC in place and the paltry content we currently have (and no, one boss every 2 months isn't good at all.)

Funny thing, super nerds have money, too. I'd pay much more than I pay now for actual content in a game - I've said it in the past, I but would have paid upwards of $300 for a single expansion if it was of the same caliber of Vanilla. I'd pay up to $50 a month for actual content updates... and take that times two for the husb. The problem is, even if we pay out the same money over time as these crate-heads, content takes effort. It takes imagination. It takes the talent to create and maintain an entire fictional universe that keeps players engaged. Anyone can come up with some reskins and a cheap interface but it takes a lot of talent and a lot of passion for the game and the fictional universe it's set in to keep someone like me engaged and ready with my wallet open to see what the game presents to me next. Unfortunatly it's just cheaper for them to keep cranking out items and packs rather than maintain the fictional SWTOR experience.

It takes more than a slot machine and the mediocre story bone thrown to me to keep me paying money while other players are having a blast clicking on a pack, revealing some items and watching the pretty lights. I've realized I'm just not their target audience anymore. Vanilla got me hooked - I was immersed. I teetered with RotHC and SoR, and my immersion experience has been in a freefall since KOTFE... but at least people can still record themselves clicking on a box and watching those pretty lights...

It's true,..all of it.

I am fortunate( for now) as I am still in vanilla world. Still on chapter2 of smuggler. And have yet to see the other class stories. But I am also a MMO vet of old and know full well the scenario you speak of as I've seen it in previous mmos. We are the old watch. Not much choice out there anymore. If it wasn't for the Star Wars IP,..I would not give a wombat's behind about this game, tbh.

The sad thing is that the 4.0 system was actually quite good and this debacle is a giant step backwards.

People complained about wanting more content...Bioware couldn't keep up with minimal to no content so they decided to slow the entire population to a crawl...Now they only have to make one operation boss at a time...Problem fixed.

I see the logic...I just think its shameful.

4.x system was flawed as well. Expertise was a newbie wall and a hassle, people who couldn't get into PvP and Raids were locked out of set bonuses+BiS, and BiS was farmable through highlighted EV/KP.