The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

Alterkai

It's obvious the traitor is Blizz. While the traitor looked taller than a jawa, Blizz has been known to wear platform shoes while singing karaoke in the Odessen cantina. No one ever expects the jawas (or the Spanish Inquisition, for that matter).

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've had a few days to think about it, and read all of the theories out there, I haven't seen mention of one *tiny* detail that happens post-Iokath:

The mail message from Hylo Visz.

I still need to think about it a bit, but it seems like such a random thing to throw in. It's clearly a "Chekhov's Gun", in that it alludes to a crisis dawning on the horizon. But could it be a clue towards identifying the traitor? Could it be Hylo? She sounds a little salty in the message, specifically this line:

"While you've been butting heads with our friends on Iokath, I've been keeping an eye on the rest of the galaxy."

And the rest of it? She seems like she's criticizing in a very passive-aggressive way.

So my guess? It's not any main companions, but it's either Hylo, or someone who is deeply embedded in the need for resources.

EDIT: I think Hylo is definitely involved, either directly or by providing support to whoever the traitor is. It just seems a little toooooo weird that you get mail from three characters after you're finished: Lana, Theron, and Hylo...

Edited by MedleyMelody

It's obvious the traitor is Blizz. While the traitor looked taller than a jawa, Blizz has been known to wear platform shoes while singing karaoke in the Odessen cantina. No one ever expects the jawas (or the Spanish Inquisition, for that matter).

The old 3 Jawas stacked up in a robe pretending to be a grownup trick! :D

Now that I've had a few days to think about it, and read all of the theories out there, I haven't seen mention of one *tiny* detail that happens post-Iokath:

The mail message from Hylo Visz.

I still need to think about it a bit, but it seems like such a random thing to throw in. It's clearly a "Chekhov's Gun", in that it alludes to a crisis dawning on the horizon. But could it be a clue towards identifying the traitor? Could it be Hylo? She sounds a little salty in the message, specifically this line:

"While you've been butting heads with our friends on Iokath, I've been keeping an eye on the rest of the galaxy."

And the rest of it? She seems like she's criticizing in a very passive-aggressive way.

So my guess? It's not any main companions, but it's either Hylo, or someone who is deeply embedded in the need for resources.

EDIT: I think Hylo is definitely involved, either directly or by providing support to whoever the traitor is. It just seems a little toooooo weird that you get mail from three characters after you're finished: Lana, Theron, and Hylo...

Maybe, but if that's the case it would be a bad idea IMO. They haven't set up any conflict with her or motivation for her to betray us. Maybe if they'd had Gault be the one Vaylin killed on Odessen instead of the other two because of some mistake you'd made it would be good but as it is, it seems too random. May as well be SCORPIO's Nautolan assistant as Hylo Viz.

I'm sincerely hoping it isn't Theron or Lana, but at the same time, they're the only two consistent throughout the story for it to make sense.

Maybe they could pull a rabbit out of their hat and make it someone they haven't really discussed much, like the Star Cabal?

I think you are leaving out 2 important people

For the Imperial side it could be jessa Williams

For the republic side it could be kara sine she could be controlled by the emperor again

don't forget companions that have not been introduced could come back in and not the way you want them to is not saying that they could not be turned back to your side just saying

For the republic side it could be kara sine she could be controlled by the emperor again

don't forget companions that have not been introduced could come back in and not the way you want them to is not saying that they could not be turned back to your side just saying

Enough with Tenebrae.

He's dead.

He's gone.

Did anyone ever consider Shae Vizsla? A bit of a stretch but she is in both playthroughs and can't be killed. She may not agree with the Alliances approach but there is the small bit about Mandalorians not being for the cloak and dagger stuff. Plus I will admit she wasn't awfully close to your character. But hey, a thought, nothing more, nothing less.

No way, Shae Viszla is a mandalorian, means she follows a code of honour. If she wants to defeat you she would do it in a public fight, not some backstabbing action.

most of your main companions are dead or have little use any more which makes those that are just along for the ride now, no story beyond what was already there. those minor companions have no significant part in any form, minor or major in events so they are not apart of things.

that leaves only a few people, then there are the alliance contacts, even oggorub who has someone working on his behalf. looks like the newly created alliance is going to be torn down from the inside out as there will only be one or two left to become the main contact, not even quinn or elara are apart of it as it's a choice.

i am wondering if some of those minor characters may get promoted or there are previous companions that will take over in becoming new main companions in the next big story. if not, the main powerbase of the allaince doesn't mean much.

Kira or Jaesa would be interesting, but it can't be them. They make it clear it is a betrayal, and most of the classes have never heard of either of those two people.

If it is Lana or Theron they'd better come up with a damn good reason. Logically it would make no sense, but I don't have much faith right now :(

Maybe, but if that's the case it would be a bad idea IMO. They haven't set up any conflict with her or motivation for her to betray us. Maybe if they'd had Gault be the one Vaylin killed on Odessen instead of the other two because of some mistake you'd made it would be good but as it is, it seems too random. May as well be SCORPIO's Nautolan assistant as Hylo Viz.

That's a super good point...kind of a larger discussion too though, isn't it? I think there's so much speculation about the identity because no one has really been set up story-wise to betray the Outlander. The Suresh betrayal in KotET was perfectly written and soooo believable, particularly given how her character was beautifully written even throughout the original class stories.

But in the current story, the Outlander is basically the most powerful individual in the galaxy, Not just in terms of combat, but politically. So it would take someone REALLY ambitious to try and take her/him out. Even if the attempt was successful, I imagine the traitor wouldn't live very long. No matter how you add it up, the math doesn't work out in the traitor's favour.

So I think it's someone who is simply not rational. In that line of thought my whole Hylo theories is right out the window, but

Kira may make sense to the Jedi Knight but doesn't make sense to the rest of the classes. Only the Jedi Knight has had any dealings with Kira and as of yet no one has met Kira so that doesn't make sense nor the same with Jaesa Willsaam and that would go for any companions that hasn't return yet. Not every class has had dealing with them. The traitor would be a person that all classes has dealt with in some way or fashion.

Edited by casirabit

K o t h

No that wouldn't make sense as some people killed him in the last expansion. The ones that people have killed: Kayilo, Jordan, Scorpio and Koth would not make sense to be traitors because for some people they are dead already. The traitor is going to be someone that everyone has dealings with, not the ones that could have been killed as those that have killed them would no longer have them in their alliance.

Edited by casirabit

No way, Shae Viszla is a mandalorian, means she follows a code of honour. If she wants to defeat you she would do it in a public fight, not some backstabbing action.

I mean, the Mandalorians aren't always honorable...

That said, I agree that it won't be Shae. If for no other reason than because they made her a companion as a reward for subscribers, which to me suggests they don't have plans for her in the story.

I'd love for Lana or Theron to be a possibility if only because I'm (1) tired of them being the only characters getting attention and (2) I hate how they just blandly go along with everything you do even if they disagree. But I don't think Bioware would do that.

Edited by RarePorcupine

All I can say is if it is Lana, I want my 4M creds in companion gifts back.

It's not going to be Lana. She has way too much history with the main character at this point, including having had the main character back her up when she needed it back in SoR. Not to mention, she's the one that thawed you out in the first place. She's probably the closest thing to family the main character has at this point (aside from romances, obviously.)

It won't be Theron for similar reasons.

I'd bet on Satele but I don't think they would make a Shan a villain. They've been protagonist allies all the way back to Bastila.

I was wondering about Senya. Who I have also dumped a bunch of creds in companion gifts into :/

Edited by stoopicus

I was wondering about Senya. Who I have also dumped a bunch of creds in companion gifts into :/

Senya is potentially dead so I don't think it'll be her.

As for companion gifts - you'd be able to summon them from the terminal so I don't think that would hold them back (Lana's importance to the story since Bioware relies on her and Theron so much would be a roadblock, though).

The only people close enough to the Outlander in the story for it to feel like a betrayal would be Lana or Theron. The rest are either killable (with no counterpart) or peripheral. That's the good thing about playing dark, you kill all your enemies and whittle that list down quick!

I swear, if the traitor is a Scion, I will flip the table. Who cares about the Scions? They aren't close to me and they've betrayed me before. This build up better pay off. The betrayer needs to have good motivation and not be obvious.

The only people close enough to the Outlander in the story for it to feel like a betrayal would be Lana or Theron. The rest are either killable (with no counterpart) or peripheral. That's the good thing about playing dark, you kill all your enemies and whittle that list down quick!

I swear, if the traitor is a Scion, I will flip the table. Who cares about the Scions? They aren't close to me and they've betrayed me before. This build up better pay off. The betrayer needs to have good motivation and not be obvious.

To me, the obvious choice would be Lana or Theron. Now, Lana - I like her but it wouldn't bother me overly much if she was the traitor. Theron on the other hand - that would tick me off royally. Personally, I think it'll come down to one or the other depending on player choices. I'm not sure why someone else thinks it *has* to be only one person when it could very well be different depending on past choices. BioWare is already paying both VAs so that wouldn't change going forward if one is gone and the other takes over a main role. However, having just one main companion to have interactions with seems far too limiting and they've already been whittling down our choices by letting some of them be killable. So I honestly hope it is neither Theron nor Lana - I just don't know who else it could be.

It's hard to determine who's the traitor, but according to Valkorion's words it is propably Lana or Theron. But i don't think that any of them would be a mastermind of this whole operation, they would rather work for someone as inside agent. Or both of them are traitors. However in my bet Theron would only do inside jobs for the Republic, and next galactic war isn't in Republic interest considering last 50 years of conflict with Sith Empire. We never get to know an ultimate fate of Darth Jadus, and there is that cut scene from KOTFE trailer when Thexan and Arcann brings frozen Malgus to Valkorion, and we never get to know who was Lana's master in the past. So my bet is that Lana is inside agent of Malgus or Jadus, bot of them want to start next galactic war to weaken Republic and Sith Empire, then assasinate us and usurp Eternal Throne, through that they would have resources and power to reshape Sith Empire and later galaxy into their image.

I have gone back and forth on this -- how about Satele ? And Theron knows or is very worried she might be --

If I was in his shoes, I would want to protect my mom too ....

Potential conflict for poor Theron, bless his heart, but great story ....

And NO please, no Scions --- couldn't care less if it was them .... aren't even in the Alliance technically

It's not going to be Lana. She has way too much history with the main character at this point, including having had the main character back her up when she needed it back in SoR. Not to mention, she's the one that thawed you out in the first place. She's probably the closest thing to family the main character has at this point (aside from romances, obviously.)

this is exactly why she should be considered and you are missing the point of what she is anyway, a sith. she will always have another angle to play, that is what a sith does. she will look for the best way to take you out with maximum punishment, in knowing who you are and exactly what you will do while being there personally to oversee these choices, this makes for a perfect envionment to learn everything about her enemy from within and know exactly how to counter it or prevent it before there is even a problem.

same for theron and it's because he is a spy, it's his job to become someone else, to learn, to sabotage and divide targets up by suspicion either on behalf of a group he represents or for his own goals. he is a spy and by default you can never trust him.

Edited by Celise