Keith - As the new producer........

Darkside

Hi Keith,

Please make instances on Iokath mixed. Allowing people to flag for pvp in a mixed instance puts everyone together. The pvp instance is a massive fail.

Please don't. I personally want nothing to do with OW PVP or any other PVP. If people want to PVP, go to the PVP instance. The relative populations will more than tell you how people feel about PVP.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put too much faith in Keith as I would like to point out James Ohlen is still the head of Swtor and it was James Ohlen who put us where we are now as he has to approve any changes to the game which he can easily turn down anything EA doesn't want forcing Keith down the same path that Ben was forced down.

Hey all,

I’m just back from Orlando and have been focused all day ensuring Game Update 5.2 was available for everyone. But, thank you for the congrats and the warm welcome. I’m trying to figure out how to respond to everything so I can have fun with you guys, but also be able to put on my Producer hat and sometimes be serious, too.

The foundation between us has to be based on communication and feedback. I won’t promise you something we can’t deliver, nor will I purposely hide things you need to know.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I’ll be providing a SWTOR 2017 Roadmap in the next few weeks. In the meantime, look for responses from me on the Forums throughout this week and beyond. I’ll do my very best to be available.

---Keith

I find this to be quite acceptable. Thank you for your honesty. :)

Keith, thank you for the update, much appreciated! I know it came up a lot during this thread, the constant debating on whether you can turn things around or not, and if people should or shouldn't be patient with your role etc. I'm in the camp of hoping you can turn things around, and I'm willing to give you the time to do it in.

However, If I might be so bold as to ask you, honestly what sort of time frame should we loosely expect for things to go fully in the direction that you envision? ie. - How much of a role do you play in the game's decisions, and what do you feel is the time line for which you can change some of the past controversial design choices to more closely mirror your goals?

It is all up to James Ohlen as everything has to be approved by him before the change gets accepted and just to let you know it was James Ohlen that got us where we are now in this whole GC mess so Keith ain't going to break Ohlens control over where EA wants the game to go.

One of the comments I’ve often seen is my reference to a Roadmap. I intend to include what’s specifically coming in the next 90-120 days along with an overview of our plans for the remainder of the year. But, I’ll provide quarterly updates and keep you apprised of any schedule changes.

Great news! It's much better to more transparent and share your plans with the player base, then to hide it and fan the frustrations more. It's understandable to have to change the road map when the reasons are shared, instead of saying nothing. Thanks Keith!

Hey all,

I’m just back from Orlando and have been focused all day ensuring Game Update 5.2 was available for everyone. But, thank you for the congrats and the warm welcome. I’m trying to figure out how to respond to everything so I can have fun with you guys, but also be able to put on my Producer hat and sometimes be serious, too.

The foundation between us has to be based on communication and feedback. I won’t promise you something we can’t deliver, nor will I purposely hide things you need to know.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I’ll be providing a SWTOR 2017 Roadmap in the next few weeks. In the meantime, look for responses from me on the Forums throughout this week and beyond. I’ll do my very best to be available.

---Keith

Keith, - You might be The Chosen One;)

It is all up to James Ohlen as everything has to be approved by him before the change gets accepted and just to let you know it was James Ohlen that got us where we are now in this whole GC mess so Keith ain't going to break Ohlens control over where EA wants the game to go.

Not if James Ohlen has checked out. Meaning he's focused on other bigger things and just rubber stamps any ideas the dev team approach him with. Which if that is the case, then he may still be willing to do the same for Keith's ideas.

What this game really needs is some innovation and depth... The grinding, minimal new content and CM getting all the neat loot is a slap in the face... We see great stuff go up on the CM every few weeks but in game we get underwhelming loot rewards and the reputation vendor in Iokath has terrible rewards.

It's not rocket science..it really isn't.

So I say! Help us Keith, your our only hope!

Edited by Soljin

Ooooooh! Yes! Operatives on all levels need a tweak ;) pretty please!!

Haha...great stuff. We surely need to put the all time 1v1 masters further up the food chain;) I like that he is tossing humor around though.

Edited by Soljin

Please tweak the slow-release medpac....

Trauma probe 8 man - 1 click each

Force Armour 8 man - 1 click each

Slow-release 8 man - 2 clicks each

Trauma Probe 16 man - 16 clicks

Force Armour 16 man - 16 clicks

Slow-release 16 man - 32 clicks :mad:

Scoundrel healers are the self-confessed terretes syndrome class...so clicky!!! :rak_02:

What this game really needs is some innovation and depth... The grinding, minimal new content and CM getting all the neat loot is a slap in the face... We see great stuff go up on the CM every few weeks but in game we get underwhelming loot rewards and the reputation vendor in Iokath has terrible rewards.

It's not rocket science..it really isn't.

So I say! Help us Keith, your our only hope!

Well the Tythian Lightsaber Pike is a rare drop from the new op boss. :)

PIC