Keith - As the new producer........

Darkside

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the road map coming along.

The server I'm on seems pretty dead, it didn't always used to be like that and I don't know if the people are still subscribing and just not playing or if people have left on mass. So maybe this is a little impatient but equally if this trend continues there will be no one left to read the road map.

Now maybe its not intended to rejuvenate the game, maybe the road map is to sun setting ToR, the return of Quinn may be the ToR equivalent to when SWG's introduced atmospheric flight. A little different in scope but then ToR doesn't even have real space flight.

At the moment the end game is regrinding old content to get gear which is a heavy grind, 150 hrs or so to 300 and then from 300 completely random what gear you get and for most circumstances you don't need the gear anyway.

1) New Story is set at a difficulty level that basic blue gear seems more than sufficient.

2) PvP and Story Ops have a bolster setting making the difference coming from set piece and the high end gear.

So the only people that need the top end gear are hard core PvPers and Raiders and the reward from these activities is the gear they need to complete it....

And worse yet because it is only gear, come the next level increase the bottom tier of gear will be freely available making you crazy if you thought the tier 4 gear would add much to the experience. More so since new content is often so short it grants so much xp you will hit the new cap in a few hours so the tier 4 gear wouldn't even help much in the leveling process.

If you are going to have an end game grind of 150+ hours you need to introduce a decent quantity of new content to give people something new to do for those 150 hours and have the reward something worthwhile that isn't going to become obsolete as soon as the next level increase or significant new content is launched.

Hell you have Jaesa waiting for me with a bottle of whipped cream after 150 hours of grinding fair play but some gear that I don't really need and will become junk in a year its just not that appealing and by the looks of the population not appealing enough to keep people in game.

Keith; I just did this sub for my son. I am waiting to see your plans before I reactivity my own account. I just want to participate in PVP without grinding this galactic command monstrosity. I'm sure I'm not alone. I have high hopes in having you lead this game.

Also; please go easy on my engi sniper. I hear they are OP. Figures their time in the sun is while I'm not playing.

Just looked and my Sub is up in 6 days... I'm just going to start shopping for a new game now it's already May and they still have no real plan for getting this game back on track. No reason to look back at this point, I won't be back...

Bioware has changed for the worse and no longer deserves my support.

Although to be fair there are very few game development companies in the market currently that do live up to my expectations...

Only chance is to find an obscure Indie company still trying to make a name for themselves, they will actually try to make a complex and fun game to build a reputation. Unfortunately as soon as that happens a money corporation will purchase them and begin the ideal monetization process and wreck their development and thus reputation from then on...

Edited by Soljin

swtor road map 2017 coming soon like next week it is May now that's 5 months into 2017 with only 1 content patch.

He said "in the coming weeks" - it's been 4 weeks since he said that. Give him a chance or don't but he was deliberately vague and not specific with his tease.

Edit: meant to type "3 weeks". Keith's introduction letter was on April 13th.

Edited by Savej

Now is not the time to be vague or slow in getting something as simple as a road map out. If a plan takes 4 weeks to get out how long will it take to implement it?

If we look at how things have gone since Keith took over.

Patch 5.2 delayed for quality reasons which was then described by MassivelyOp (agree with them or not) as the worst update yet. It though doesn't seem to offer much in the way of content and has daily quests that cost far more than they reward and then doesn't appear to reward hardly any galactic command points when it is a purely level 70 area. A little strange.

The Cantina event on the 40th anniversary of Star Wars tuned out to be a Cosplay event and offered very very little in the way of any information about the game.

A patch that brought the game down for a day and left with plenty of other technical glitches over the last month along with an impressive list of bugs and known issues with 5.2.

And then the direct sale of a lightsaber in the Galactic Market for more than a new game or expansion. Buy it or don't buy it but it seems the road map for the game will be minimal content with story that revolves around the player being an inept loser who is constantly betrayed no matter what choices they make and then selling film tie ins for the price of an expansion cause its easier real decent content.

Is it any wonder that the servers are dead and dying and people are constantly requesting mergers which are constantly ignored. A road map showing a full expansion is coming next month would be a damn good thing at this point.

A road map showing a full expansion is coming next month would be a damn good thing at this point.

Sorry, but this is totally out of reality.

My point is that its going to take something big to turn the current trend of dead servers around. One flash point and a new operation boss in 2 months may not keep the people you got let alone encourage those that have left to return.

There has to be some decent content that encourages people to play (in whatever form they like so not just solo or group or pvp) with a meaningful reward for the grinding not just the next tier of gear which will be superseded as the next tier is launched none of which is makes any real difference as the story is set at such a basic level and most other content has a bolster and the only reward for top tier ops and pvp is to get this gear so once you have it there is no reason to continue doing it.

Edited by Costello

I don't disagree that a lot of work I needed in this game but people are placing extremely high expectations on Keith and expect him to fix everything and turn this game around in 2 or 2 months.

That is not going to happen. Expectation should be 6 - 12 months. There is just so much on his plate and has a lot to accomplish. It's barely been over two weeks since his post saying he'll have s roadmap out in a few weeks. Few usually means three or more not one or two. Give him some time, if your expecting a miracle in 1 or 2 months you are just setting yourself up for disappointment and that's on the player.

There is probably a lot already been done and developed that he is going to have to release with minor tweaks before he'll get to change things for a better.

Is there an updated ETA on the new roadmap?

Every update thus far has basically been... It's coming. Would another Not update really help?

I have a couple days left to post... I have played maybe half a dozen times within this last 30 day re-sub for about 1 hr. a shot.

I am dying to play this game it has just not been fun for a very long time and then they added a dreadful gearing system as a big rotten cherry on top...and that was the straw.

Prior to 5.0 at least I could roll my main and gear up relatively easy and then use my geared main to gear my alts. Playing different classes at will in PvP gave me enough diversity to keep it interesting even with the shameful lack of PvP content.

With 5.0 they have made this unrealistic, it's still possible but not realistic for anyone other than the most dedicated players (unhealthily dedicated I might add).

I have said this before... I am seriously bummed out that they can't pull it together. If this game was even slightly fun I would play it based on the IP alone... But I just have no desire to log in so why pay? No reason to pay, so I will not.

Some are still having fun and that's great I actually envy those people...but I think those numbers are falling off quickly.

In the end if they put out the Roadmap sooner or later I have a feeling it's just going to be more attempts to keep players paying with no effort towards improving the state of this game...

Almost every move they make is a clear attempt to suck revenue or give the player base some kind of hope that change is still possible AKA sucking revenue through extending subs based off an amazing IP but a basically (nowadays) lame game.

I hope I am wrong but my feeling is that SWToR has become a race to grab as much money as possible from the player base before the ride is over.

My only hope is that one of the new Star Wars IP games coming in the next year or so is some type of ARPG with actual replay value so that I can get a decent Star Wars experience from the currently awful gaming industry.

I do not anticipate another full MMO Star Wars IP game anytime soon. SWG was considered a failure and SWToR did not meet expectations (did not reach WOW popularity or anywhere close).

Sure we may see a Destiny style cross platform Star Wars game... Which at this point I would play over SWToR.

Edited by Soljin

Playing different classes at will in PvP gave me enough diversity to keep it interesting even with the shameful lack of PvP content.

At what level gear would you say is enough to move onto and gear another alt?

Just looked and my Sub is up in 6 days... I'm just going to start shopping for a new game now it's already May and they still have no real plan for getting this game back on track. No reason to look back at this point, I won't be back...

Bioware has changed for the worse and no longer deserves my support.

Although to be fair there are very few game development companies in the market currently that do live up to my expectations...

Only chance is to find an obscure Indie company still trying to make a name for themselves, they will actually try to make a complex and fun game to build a reputation. Unfortunately as soon as that happens a money corporation will purchase them and begin the ideal monetization process and wreck their development and thus reputation from then on...

Warframe, EvE Online, Star Trek Online, Neverwinter. Try those, and then you'll probably be back just like I was.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of alternatives sucks meat.

Warframe, EvE Online, Star Trek Online, Neverwinter. Try those, and then you'll probably be back just like I was.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of alternatives sucks meat.

Minus Star Trek Online (Just not my thing) I have played all those titles extensively and add quite a few more...

Warframe is great no doubt one of the only innovative games I have seen in awhile...and I do return to play it from time to time and have a great time every time I do....

Concerning coming back.. If Bioware stays its current course I will not be back... You see I have already done the leave and come back thing about half a dozen times all resulting in sparse time in-game bored and no-resub after 30 days. This last re-sub amounted to about 6 hours of time in-game out of a 30 day sub.

The come back and leave scenario happens when you come back and there is some fun involved but it runs out quickly...

The leave and never come back thing happens when you come back several times and have no fun at all....That is where I am at.

Edited by Soljin

At what level gear would you say is enough to move onto and gear another alt?

At least items comparable level but not considered BIS. Generally I would not move to another character in 4.0 until the previous character was BIS head to toe.

Once I had all characters at BIS I would then rotate from one to another to keep it interesting changing up play styles/ classes...

At least items comparable level but not considered BIS. Generally I would not move to another character in 4.0 until the previous character was BIS head to toe.

Once I had all characters at BIS I would then rotate from one to another to keep it interesting changing up play styles/ classes...

In 4.0 I rotated after I got 204s, I generally wouldn't stay with a single character until I got all the 208s 'cause that was a bit too long for me. In 5.2 I'm switching if I can get them to at least 234s, waiting until I get 248s would take too long for me on a single character, so I augment and get as close to BiS as I can and rotate.

I'll just quote myself here from a couple weeks ago...

This road map better be the mother of all road maps as much as you keep talking it up. It's starting to sound like another SOON meme.

I hate to say I told you so, but...

I'll just quote myself here from a couple weeks ago...

I hate to say I told you so, but...

Don't worry they will be releasing the road map soon™

Edited by Darkside

In 4.0 I rotated after I got 204s, I generally wouldn't stay with a single character until I got all the 208s 'cause that was a bit too long for me. In 5.2 I'm switching if I can get them to at least 234s, waiting until I get 248s would take too long for me on a single character, so I augment and get as close to BiS as I can and rotate.

The game no longer holds enough interest for me to invest the time to gear one character given the current gearing system.

Maybe this will work for others sure...But I have a feeling we are looking at the start of burn out central...

Eventually everyone will get tired of the perpetual grind with no real end in sight...and currently that is the only thing on the table. a couple to a few raid bosses a year aint gonna fly...