So quite frankly..

iFruit

CXP rates can't obviously be lower than current event ones. "250%" should be your base rate in 5.2 and onwards.

It should also stop contradicting the Legacy system - CXP level and bar should be shared across Legacy; I should not be forced to play 2 out of 16 characters if I like them equally.

I again appeal to common sense and ask you to adopt D3 shared paragon lvl pool.

Make altoholism great again

Make alcoholism great again too.

It'll take a year to sort this mess out. By then we'll have something new. it might not be the nature of all MMOs but it is the nature of this one. Whether or not the new thing will be as crap as the old thing no-one knows, but there is a history of making a bad decision and repeating it several times. - don't let it stress you. Just play for enjoyment. The rewards will come eventually.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

CXP rates can't obviously be lower than current event ones. "250%" should be your base rate in 5.2 and onwards.

It should also stop contradicting the Legacy system - CXP level and bar should be shared across Legacy; I should not be forced to play 2 out of 16 characters if I like them equally.

I agree. What they did to make this game alt-friendly again is not enough. Iam a pvp player, and i have no idea how to gear up even one alt, since i barely gearing up my main character at the moment lol. Command system MUST BE legacy wide, unassembled components must be legacy wide. When bioware will understand it? More and more players are leaving this game because they can not play their alts, yet bioware refuses to accept the truth.

I'd prefer a game in which CXP and Galactic Command don't matter. In other words, operations and pvp are the fastest ways to gear. We will be getting that for operations pretty soon, but not for pvp. Go back to expertise, make pvp gear dirt cheap like it was before, and keep GC if you must. My PVE main will get full 242 by running HM ops. If I really want some 248 for him, I'd have to either run NiM operations or spend a good chunk of time via GC. If I want to play tons of alts in pvp, I can do that and gear them all in relatively short order.

Basically, GC is added on top of what we already had in 4.0, which is precisely what they should have done in the first place.

What's really buggering me is how GC makes Legacy completely pointless :mad:

How could you even insert a system that contradicts your previous baseline framework:confused:

Maybe just delete Legacy completely BW if that would be easier for you to integrate into your business plan

Edited by iFruit

What's really buggering me is how GC makes Legacy completely pointless :mad:

How could you even insert a system that contradicts your previous baseline framework:confused:

Maybe just delete Legacy completely BW if that would be easier for you to integrate into your business plan

Don't give them ideas! They screwed up enough already :mad:

CXP kills the future of this game.

Not just because you can only play 1 to 2 characters and alts are dead forever, but also because once you do pick your 1 or 2 characters and you want to change specs, no way are you going to spend another 4 years grinding the other gear set.

Players NEED to be able to easily play at level 70 with their alts and different specs. CXP made the game a lifetime choice: "Pick your one character, with one class....pick carefully because you can never change it." If you pick wrong for you, the game sucks and you will quit.

I agree with posters CXP bar needs to be legacy, 700% to 7000% faster gearing than now, and when you change specs your set pieces should automatically change to the new spec, or at least you should be able to trade them in 1 for 1 the other specs.

CXP will kill this game. The bubble is going to pop.... And it is hard to un-pop a bubble.

Not really sure how you people are figuring, but CXP has made me less inclined to be playing my mains rather than more. Once they hit 300 CXP I play them less and am much more likely to play and work toward increasing the CXP level of a different alt. I suppose this could all change with 5.2, but other than playing mains for a while until the new tier of gear is obtained, I doubt it. Most players play their most advanced toon for a few things, and for everything else they play ones that have more advancing to do. CXP doesn't seem any different.

Edit: I just realized you may be PvP'ers which changes things. I do PvP, but it's only a small part of gameplay. I do see that being something more likely to be done by mains currently (if not in the past also). However, since components are more the issue causing this than CXP, it's different.

Edited by Inspirator

Totally agree.

I'm sick of my one char and I am not going to grind another.

I agree. What they did to make this game alt-friendly again is not enough. Iam a pvp player, and i have no idea how to gear up even one alt, since i barely gearing up my main character at the moment lol. Command system MUST BE legacy wide, unassembled components must be legacy wide. When bioware will understand it? More and more players are leaving this game because they can not play their alts, yet bioware refuses to accept the truth.

That would actually be counter productive to have Command ranks Legacy wide. In 5.2 they are making it easier to get purple, and GOLD set bonus gear in tiers 1-3. If for instance Command ranks were legacy wide we'd move into Tier 4 (rank 300) to quickly, (since every character would go into a shared command rank). Now in T4 they have said that the gold pieces are VERY RARE. So a legacy Command rank would make getting top end gear harder for alts.

It has been more than 5 months since they told us about gearing in the 5.0 in this thread, and though they have made changes, and have announced coming changes, they have still failed to listen to the majority of subscribers who think that the system sucks.

They have invested their time and effort into a system that they seem to take great pride in, and even though they have capitulated and granted us some of the things that we have asked for, they still have work left to do. Namely, PvP gearing, and legacy wide CXP.

It seems to me that they are letting their pride get in the way of doing what is best for the game, and that is sad,

I hope that one day they see this for themselves, and finish the job of that it has already taken them to long to do and restore our ability to gear our toons (including alts) without any of the associated grind that they brought us with the CXP system.

I also hope that they see this before they completely destroy the game with schemes like the RNG CXP crates that so many of us have told them that we don't like.

That would actually be counter productive to have Command ranks Legacy wide. In 5.2 they are making it easier to get purple, and GOLD set bonus gear in tiers 1-3. If for instance Command ranks were legacy wide we'd move into Tier 4 (rank 300) to quickly, (since every character would go into a shared command rank). Now in T4 they have said that the gold pieces are VERY RARE. So a legacy Command rank would make getting top end gear harder for alts.

They have also said that all pieces in tier 4 will have set bonus and be better than any gold gear that drops before that. So you are wrong on that point. (Presuming their "better" is actually better. We shall see)

Personally I don't see the need to change GC with the changes coming in 5.2. Gearing through pvp will need attention though.

Edited by exfell

Maybe they should have thought about things like this before instituting the system.

Having alts and not wanting to play them because of a gearing system that makes them underperform is not a good idea, and even though PvE will see vast improvements with gearing with 5.2, we still need an answer that addresses the gearing concerns of those who prefer PvP or do solo content.

Grinding for gear on one toon is bad enough, but in a game that encourages alts, a long and tedious gear grind is counter productive and bad for the game.

Something should be done to address the issue, and making Command ranks legacy wide will lessen the grind, so in the absence of a better solution to the problem I am all for it.

Edited by Exly

...Basically, GC is added on top of what we already had in 4.0, which is precisely what they should have done in the first place.

Absolutely, and I'll add a bit more detail on what I think would have made me happy when 5.0 went live. I'm absolutely positive that Galactic Command would have been much better received by the players if the Command Crates operated as a "fluff" experience, like the packs we received during the Dark vs. Light event last year, rather than as the source (either fully or partially) of end game gear and items.

If they'd have just left everything in 4.0 alone (adding new token vendors for the level 70 increase, of course) and then had the Command Crates drop the type of stuff that the DvL packs dropped, I'd have absolutely nothing negative to say about Galactic Command. Hell, they could even put the CXP earn-rate back to what it was when 5.0 launched - why? Because I know those Crates would contain a myriad of awesome stuff that I actually want and I could also share those items among all my alts. I really enjoyed the whole DvL crate process and I actually looked forward to getting those crates... but, the Command Crates? They're just a hassle to open and disintegrate all of the crap or I just forget about opening them altogether.

tl;dr: I would love for raids and PvP to still be the means of earning utility in the traditional (4.0) way, and for Galactic Command to be the means of RNGing for fluff. Put those two together, and that equals fun for me. :D

Unfortunately, the only reason I can see why this might not ever happen is due to the existence of the Cartel Market.

Edited by Edyn

You do know you can take the mods out of your gear put in legacy armor and send to an alt?

I have done that since I mostly play either healers or dps.

The only thing I can't do that with is the earpiece, relics, implants.

You can also get legacy weapons from what I understand from the Gree reputation vendors.

You do know you can take the mods out of your gear put in legacy armor and send to an alt?

I have done that since I mostly play either healers or dps.

The only thing I can't do that with is the earpiece, relics, implants.

You can also get legacy weapons from what I understand from the Gree reputation vendors.

Set bonuses matter. Your approach has significant limitations.

Edited by Exly

Set bonuses matter. Your approach has significant limitations.

Set bonus are in the armoring part of the set. I got a set piece on one toon that already had it, so removed the all the armoring, mods, enhancements put in a legacy shell, sent it to my other toon, she removed the item, put in the armor I have on that toon and she got the set bonus.

Agreed. Tried to illustrate that in my thread 'hate CXP crates all you want it's how I got most of my gear' It really has to be the base % because it equals doing one complete cxp activitty in the game roughly. If chapters is the bonus you complete it with a boost and you get one crate. If pvp is the bonus and you use a boost you get one every 1.5 matches. This is if you have all of your legacy cxp boxes unlocked.

If this gets any slower people will get incredibly frustrated because the chance of getting a useful piece of gear is also low. I'd like to think some of the devs still play SWTOR themselves. Over the years I've run into a few but can't say I have in the last 10-15 months.....:o

Set bonus are in the armoring part of the set. I got a set piece on one toon that already had it, so removed the all the armoring, mods, enhancements put in a legacy shell, sent it to my other toon, she removed the item, put in the armor I have on that toon and she got the set bonus.

He may have been referring to all alts instead of just mirrors. The set bonus does not change to be the set bonus of another class.

Edited by exfell

They said that with the +250% buff you should get a crate every 30 mins regardless of what content you play. I'm not sure what the Devs been smoking but this does not count for the majority of solo play. Questing and Space battles don't even come near those numbers. If i chain space missions non stop i get about 1 crate per hour and with questing it's closer to 1 per 1.5/2 hours. Maybe if i skipped all the dialogue it would be closer to an hour but where's the fun in that?

They said that with the +250% buff you should get a crate every 30 mins regardless of what content you play. I'm not sure what the Devs been smoking but this does not count for the majority of solo play. Questing and Space battles don't even come near those numbers. If i chain space missions non stop i get about 1 crate per hour and with questing it's closer to 1 per 1.5/2 hours. Maybe if i skipped all the dialogue it would be closer to an hour but where's the fun in that?

I guess they were talking about your character being on level 0 of GC. I ran my newly GC'd Knight through one flashpoint and earned three boxes in about forty minutes, including tea breaks. My 60-something GC levels other Knight was weeping silently in the corner, lamenting her one-per-day box drop.

(Because I have a life, Bioware. And a cat. I can't grind 24/7.)

I don't know what they are smoking but I would assume it's the same thing that makes RNG boxes exciting!

In which case, I want some of that too.

When 5.2 hits, raiders will be able to gear up their alts again, at least to a decent level. I'll be happy to get my alts in at least 236 gear and the more frequently used alts in 242 gear and my main on each side I'd like to get in the new 248 gear.

Now from my point of view, since 236 will be the new baseline gear, that should be relatively easy to collect. With 5.2 this will be the case. The 242 gear will drop in HM, so that will be fair game for my more frequently played alts.

Of course the BiS gear, which will be 248, should take longer to get. With this approach it needs to be understood that the baseline gear of 236 is not because I need it to do content but because I like gearing my entire account up to a minimum level. This is me as an altoholic.

Now your issue: PvP gearing.

The problem here lies in the fact that PvP and PvE now have exactly the same gear rewards. And whereas in operations you need to beat proggessively more difficult content, in PvP it's a matter of time played. You'll get rewarded for showing up. So the only gain in PvP is getting there faster. It's not about difficulty being a barrier keeping you from top gear.

So BWA addressed this by making gearing up relatively expensive, thereby slowing it down. As a result we see a lot of raiders and solo players who would normally not PvP in warzones to farm components. Why?

Because it allows them to bypass the harder content with a time played mechanic. And thus there are a lot more people in teams who have no clue or don't care about PvP and I don't think that's necessarily a great thing for PvP.

I will say that I am again PvP stats like expertise because it created to big of a difference between players and to me PvP should be about skill. At the same time I do realise that this is an MMO and gearing is part of it.

The best solution, in my view, is to have separate gear for PvP and PvE. Not by having stats like expertise but simply by having gear that is marked either for PvP or PvE and have a separate tab for PvE and PvP gear. For open world PvP this would mean that you automatically switcht to the PvP tab when you become flagged for PvP. As a sidenote the PvP tab or mode should also have its own utility set up as well.

The big advantage here is that it separates the activities and gearing rewards. As for GC boxes your rewards will then also depend on whether you're in PvP or PvE mode. But the biggest problem right now is that because the gear rewards are exactly the same now in PvP and PvE, people will gear to 242 in raids and get 248 in PvP, because it's frankly easier. I think that's undesirable. It undermines people's efforts the wrong way and it causes PvP focused players to need a lot of time to gear up and I guess that's where your problem lies.

So yeah, for me that would be the next big step in gearing: introducing a PvE and PvP mode for characters that you can easily switch between so that you can collect different gear sets for PvE and PvP that do not work in the other area. So no more raid gear in warzones and no more pvp gear in flash points and operations. Requirement for this is of course that baseline gear in either game type should be relatively easy to get and the highest level a lot harder.

That's my view on it at least.

You realize set bonuses are locked to a particular character and spec, right? And that not everyone just plays multiple versions of the same class and spec and its mirror class and spec, right? That's what they meant by your approach being limited. On top of not being able to legacy transfer implants, earpieces, and relics, that's six different armorings you have to earn separately for each different class and spec.

Edited by AscendingSky