Iokath or Manaan Stronghold?

Arkanthos

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A high castle on Alderaan or the discussed Manaan thing would be nice. Also, Rishi were in discussions in earlier threads. However, my favorite is Ilum! Ice-crystal-Palace!

Zakuul is meh... just another apartment like Nar Shadaa, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. A flying building on a gas planet (similar to bespin) would also be an exotic idea.

If they do Zakuul it should be like a palace due to the fact you are either (a) Empress or Peacekeeper.

And where will I be in 3000 years? (giggles) What happens in 3000 years won't affect me lol.:p

Memorialized and worshiped of course!

They'll have the casirabit Memorial Library, monuments built in your honor, Wednesday afternoon services to worship and sing about your conquests, a selected pontiff who will speak directly to your AI remains and inform the masses of your continuing rule and command.

I'm not gonna be foolish...I'm moving to Hosnian Prime for my retirement and worshiping.

Memorialized and worshiped of course!

They'll have the casirabit Memorial Library, monuments built in your honor, Wednesday afternoon services to worship and sing about your conquests, a selected pontiff who will speak directly to your AI remains and inform the masses of your continuing rule and command.

I'm not gonna be foolish...I'm moving to Hosnian Prime for my retirement and worshiping.

Lol you made me laugh but instead of casirabit let's name it after my Sorceress Ror'jha, as it would fit perfectly for her. :D

Fleet Stronghold

It would be awesome if we could decorate our hangar on fleet. So like it is now, we run through the green gateway but then we enter our own customised hangar which we can decorate like a stronghold. Could be the current version for each class with the ship as a fixed object, just let us decorate around it.

Manaan would be cool to have, as long as part of it is above and below water with windows to view the seascape.

I always wanted my own Ice Cave SH on either Hoth or Ilum.

Other possibilities:

1. Personal Prison Cell SH on Belsavis (for those times when our DS characters are being bad, break the law and get caught. ;) )

2. Vacation SH on Rishi or Rakata Prime (A Makeb one could work too if you work it in the story that Makeb has become completely stable and inhabitable again by people, other than Empire still mining isotope-5.)

3. Odessen SH (this could actually work even if you tweak the Alliance Command Center by adding another wing that has hooks to serve as our personal SH.)

4. Alderaan Castle SH (for those times when we want to live like nobles and snobs)

5. Voss SH (as Alliance Commander / Eternal Emperor / Eternal Empress, the Voss give you your own place after saving the planet and helping them rebuild.)

A few people also mentioned a Fleet SH. Don't see how that could work, other than making it similar to having your own personal flagship. I personally don't need it on one of my servers I play on since I have my own guild flagship that I inherited after my guild on that server became dead and GM defaulted to me. I'm the only one left in my guild on that server. Though, I wouldn't mind a personal flagship on the other servers I play on. If that happens, I could see moving my main residence to that location instead of using my Nar Shaddaa one. I never use my Coruscant, DK, Tatooine and Yavin 4 SH even though I have every room unlocked on all servers I play on. Coruscant and DK SHs sit empty except for cheap junk Decos to get SH bonus. Tatooine and Yavin 4 are nice, but too big, IMO. When I go to those SH, I usually just spend my time in one area. I'm too lazy to go "exploring" in those SH.

Whatever BW chooses, I hope they don't make them too big, like Tatooine or Yavin 4 SHs.

Adding a new Strongholds is something we talk about often as something we would love to do (just a question of if and when). I laugh because our internal conversations sound just like this thread, we all argue about our favorite places where we would love to have a Stronghold.

Keep the ideas coming.

-eric

I would love to give you a tour of my Strongholds on Jedi Covenant sometime Eric

As for where i would enjoy a new stronghold... Ilum or Alderaan with a slim possiibility of a Zakuul one

I would like strongholds on:

Rakata Prime and or Rishi. (I need a vacation spot)

Odessen (for work, obviously)

Manaan (because I want to watch the purple fish and the Firaxan shark through my underwater view ports)

Bigger, better stronghold, on Dromund Kaas...like...in the mountains, with lots of lightning going on. :D

All of this. ^

Just make sure if it is Manaan it is half above and half below and we can see sea life outside as that is the best way to do Manaan

Plus 1 for this idea. I'd love a Manaan stronghold with views of sea life please.

Adding a new Strongholds is something we talk about often as something we would love to do (just a question of if and when). I laugh because our internal conversations sound just like this thread, we all argue about our favorite places where we would love to have a Stronghold.

Keep the ideas coming.

-eric

Gravestone, Rishi might have a nice tropical isle, hoth igloo, manaan, that's it for now

Keep the ideas coming.

-eric

I have said since the very beginning, when the strongholds were first introduced, we needed one on ALDERAAN. While I love my Yavin place with its waterfalls and trees, let's face it: it's a dilapidated crumbling temple that could come crashing down on your head at any moment. Plus its on a dark force moon ... oish! >.<

Alderaan would be my perfect final resting place. So much of it reminds me of my home states' Sierra Nevada Mountains. Easily we could have a stronghold there surrounded by mountain streams, waterfalls, trees, wildflowers and the sounds of the birds and thrantas. I can envision a thranta landing pad complete with a nesting thranta. It wouldn't need to be as big as Yavin nor as spread out as Tatooine nor as grand as Organa Palace. It would be away from Killiks nests providing a quiet retreat for resting, recharding ones self and a rustic atmosphere for entertaining. I can see it clearly in my imagination. If Only ...

Though i agree with those asking for one on Manaan, there is something about Iokath that is amazing. Being a Dyson's Sphere has my imagination running wild and to reside in one of those bio-domes staring up at the star in the middle, would be exciting. :D:D:D

Keep the ideas coming.

-eric

Manaan. The open sea view :D

I know I'm what could be seen a very negative voice here on the forums for some time now.

However, as far as new Strongholds go...

I think your best bet on any further implementation is to focus on a Modular system rather than one shot Strongholds from here on out.

IE, design a max size hook/layout system. You'd still pay what we do now to have x rooms or x hooks.

But design, say, A Manaan basement room that can be added to a number of layouts and connect it to a Hoth like above ground Cave Room.

Essentially the player is still buying a max limit (hook/room) Stronghold and the prices might vary on different rooms. But the player is allowed to construct it however they want. Externally it would have to be somewhat generic as opposed to the entire SH fitting one setting. IE... hillside theme, winter theme, floating house theme.

But the Modular idea would probably win over more of your players than another one-shot, I think.

Just make sure if it is Manaan it is half above and half below and we can see sea life outside as that is the best way to do Manaan.

Though my first choice would be Alderaan.

Seconded. And more sea like decorations!

Tangent, would be pretty bomb to have an expansion on a water planet where you can go under the water. Just no Jar Jars please. (Though I think that goes without saying.)

I honestly doubt they will release another stronghold, they are struggling to release content so puting time, effort and money (which they apparently do not have enough), into a stronghold is a no go. I honestly gave up the idea we would see a new stronghold

I honestly doubt they will release another stronghold, they are struggling to release content so puting time, effort and money (which they apparently do not have enough), into a stronghold is a no go. I honestly gave up the idea we would see a new stronghold

See, I actually think that because they are struggling so much, we might actually get one. Not because it makes sense, but because it doesn't. With a new SH, they can pretend it took a lot of work.

just a question of if and when

I'm not sure if that was your intent but that's pretty much as non-committal as it gets.

But Hoth is the place.

You know it.

I mean I know it's America first...but can it be Hoth second?

I want a stronghold that looks cool and stylish enough to live in, IRL. I want a stronghold with an ultra-modern, sleek architectural design. I would love a place on Manaan.

Manaan has the best combination of natural surroundings and building designs.

@Devs, whichever strongholds you implement in the future , please design better windows than what you did for the Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds. Please, please, please no more tinted glass, no more window slats or dividers.

I want a clear, unobstructed view of the scenic world outside my windows.

Edited by JediRelentless

The thing is, a not-insignificant number of items in each cartel pack (which everyone likes to point out is one of their big cash cows) are decorations. So it makes sense to give us more strongholds, to help keep people buying packs to decorate these new strongholds.