On Tacos and Tattoos

TaitWatson

[quote=

To Ben Irving, better yet.. to Eric's direct reporting manager: Are you really going to continue to run the customer facing roles with a one or two person sporadic interface?

Yes, yes they are. Why? Cause EA runs the show. EA wants maximum profit not to have a real and dedicated community manager. Why? Cause that cuts into profits.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

There have been two forum posts in my time at BioWare that have been difficult to write: my introduction, and this one. For those who prefer brevity, I won’t bury the lead: February will be my final month on the SWTOR team and, in fact, with BioWare. I have had an amazing few years here, but it is time to sail different seas. I will go ahead and nip a few things in the bud because I know they will come up:

<snip>

And I will miss that the most.

-Tait.

Can I have all your stuff? Or at least the stuff you stole from me back? I miss David Pumpkins :(

On a serious note (No, really!) Best of luck! You'll be missed around here for sure, jokes about potatoes are all going to be left to Musco now...

Best of luck, Tait, and welcome to Cali :cool:

Shuts down nuclear power plants, the safest, most efficient, and cleanest form of green energy, and replaces them with coal, gas, and oil burning plants.

~ Eudoxia

Don't want to derail the thread, but this is simply not true. While it's true that there are few nuclear plants here, there are also almost no coal or oil burning plants in California, and the ratio of gas burning stations is significantly smaller than many other states: http://www.energy.ca.gov/maps/powerplants/power_plant_statewide.html

Can I have all your stuff? Or at least the stuff you stole from me back? I miss David Pumpkins :(

On a serious note (No, really!) Best of luck! You'll be missed around here for sure, jokes about potatoes are all going to be left to Musco now...

I'm keeping David S. Pumpkins, and also like...three snowballs.

Great news for Tait, as long as he wasn't pushed.

I hope this isn't a case of BW actively encouraging their staff to look for jobs elsewhere as there is no future with SWTOR. Its much nicer to see companies recruiting more staff not losing valued members of the team or as might be the case supporting staff to leave to avoid on any severance.

lol so fine you lost your NFL franchise. lol

More like they lost a great city to play in. Los Angeles? They can have fun with that...

They got bitter because we would not pay to build them a brand new stadium...why would we do that when they suck?

We will gladly build one for a team that can actually win every now and then.

I like how your goal is to be skinnier while going taco loco. ;)

Best of luck Tait, I'll probably miss you most in Twitch-chat. Who's gonna pick on Eric now? Anyways hope you enjoy your new adventure whatever it is you decide to do!

And speaking of streams, will there be another before Tait leaves, maybe with him as a proper special guest this time? :D

Best of luck, Tait, and welcome to Cali :cool:

Don't want to derail the thread, but this is simply not true. While it's true that there are few nuclear plants here, there are also almost no coal or oil burning plants in California, and the ratio of gas burning stations is significantly smaller than many other states: http://www.energy.ca.gov/maps/powerplants/power_plant_statewide.html

They say don't mess with Texas but we Californians know that you just Don't F$ck With California.

Everyone here sees what I do publicly - primarily maintenance messaging

You did other things?

but the sheer diversity of the things I do behind the scenes is hard to explain.

Like making Eric coffee?

I kid, I kid. :p

All the best in your future endeavours - it's been a pretty good stretch for you here at Bioware. The patch notes may never be the same. ;) Thanks for all the things you did that we probably never knew about and now that you are leaving can we blame you for GC and take some heat off poor Ben. :p

Speaking of patch notes ... what happens now with lord ptach?

Out of curiosity and as to your future that you are speaking little of - are you remaining within the video gaming industry?

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

I can't blame you for leaving. Anyone smart knows it's best to abandon a sinking ship before you drown. You work there, you can see the writing on the wall better than even we long-term customers can.

Stay safe, and I hope you do well in your future endeavors.

Edited by AscendingSky

Somehow i wish this post was done by ben:cool:

As much as I agree with you (and believe me, I would throw a RL party at this point if Ben quit), I think it's a bit churlish to say something like that on someone else's goodbye post. Yes, a lot of us have issues with EAWare and their staff members' performance over the past few years, but let's just allow Tait to say goodbye and wish him well. It's the nice thing to do. This isn't the appropriate forum to air all our grievances about the company, not when he's telling us he's leaving said company.

Edited by AscendingSky