Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

EricMusco

My sub runs out on the 5th. I'd cancelled it, but was considering resubbing and just lvling my multitude of Alts through pvp. But with the announced 250% XP boost, that is going to ruin that for me.

Are you talking about this?

This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.

That seems to indicate the CXP you gain at level 70 not the XP for leveling your characters at least that is how it comes across to me. You don't start earning CXP until level 70.

It says here that it's both.

Edited by eriksarcasm

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, it's even in the launcher.

If you are taking about the forums launcher, I tend to bypass that as I have it set up where I just access the shortcut on my goggle home page and it takes me directly to the forums so I rarely see the launcher on this site.

If you are taking about the forums launcher, I tend to bypass that as I have it set up where I just access the shortcut on my goggle home page and it takes me directly to the forums so I rarely see the launcher on this site.

No, it's in the game launcher, current main pane, titled "250% Bonus XP plus Command XP Event" that they added yesterday.

Edited by stoopicus

Are you talking about this?

This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.

That seems to indicate the CXP you gain at level 70 not the XP for leveling your characters at least that is how it comes across to me. You don't start earning CXP until level 70.

Im referring to this where they say 250% XP and CXP boost

http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Apparently only some of us :)

But but but... ALL the SERVERS are DEAD! ALL the SUBS are BLEEDING! ALL the GEAR is BROKEN! ALL the BOLSTER is GEAR! The skyboxes are falling, the galaxy is in command, everyone's overpowered and the new content is too hard/easy/rehashed/broken etc. and may cause drowsiness! DOOOOOOM!!!!

Or so I'm told.

But but but... ALL the SERVERS are DEAD! ALL the SUBS are BLEEDING! ALL the GEAR is BROKEN! ALL the BOLSTER is GEAR! The skyboxes are falling, the galaxy is in command, everyone's overpowered and the new content is too hard/easy/rehashed/broken etc. and may cause drowsiness! DOOOOOOM!!!!

Or so I'm told.

I'm cautiously optimistic about 5.1.2.

5.1.1 is a placebo, or a band-aid for the symptoms at best; it just brings the Disintegration Crates faster. I will use its XP boost to pull my remaining alts up to 70 though, sure.

5.1.2, however, has real benefit and a lot will depend on the actual numbers they go with for increasing the component reward rate.

5.2, all I know is the speculation currently abuzz on "the other sites", so other than joke about it and so on, not much point to discuss really.

Edited by stoopicus

There really needs to be a much, much higher chance that you receive a gear piece with set bonus that you don't have yet in each command crate. It's hard enough to get CXP on a Guardian tank, especially if you don't find groups with a healer on dead servers (you say 30 minutes for a crate, for me it's like 4+ hours on average), but if you get the same gear piece over and over it's just frustrating (I've had 4 gloves now, what the heck do I do with them? There should be a way to trade them in for other pieces).

I think that any activity should drop at least a bunch of unassembled components. That includes all story quests (class and otherwise), planetary, PVE, PVP, GSF, quests in the game including dailies, weeklies, heroics etc.. All bosses in Flashpoints, Uprisings and Operations should also award a bunch to every single member of the group, also, crafting should award unassembled components, as shold every command crate itself, CXP and command tokens as well and you should be able to buy all schematics that randomly drop from command crates for Command Tokens so devoted crafters can get them without having to grind PVP or PVE stuff they don't like.

I'd also like to see all unassembled components (and all "Currency" in general), unassembled gear pieces, etc. be changed to legacy-wide, and possibly CXP as well.

I think that any activity should drop at least a bunch of unassembled components. That includes all story quests (class and otherwise), planetary, PVE, PVP, GSF, quests in the game including dailies, weeklies, heroics etc.. All bosses in Flashpoints, Uprisings and Operations should also award a bunch to every single member of the group, also, crafting should award unassembled components, as shold every command crate itself, CXP and command tokens as well and you should be able to buy all schematics that randomly drop from command crates for Command Tokens so devoted crafters can get them without having to grind PVP or PVE stuff they don't like.

I'd also like to see all unassembled components (and all "Currency" in general), unassembled gear pieces, etc. be changed to legacy-wide, and possibly CXP as well.

I think the easiest way to implement this would be to reward one unassembled component per command rank. That, along with them being legacy would mean that while you aren't getting T3 rolls on your alts, you're getting a faster unassembled component gain rate.

Edited by Eli_Porter

One's not enough. Closer would be one per item you disintegrate in a crate. Disintegrate an item, get an unassembled gear component.

But even that's too slow.

IMO it's fine, make unassembled components too common and Operations lose their appeal.

Edit: Also it would really help those with lots of alts, since early Command Rank gain is really fast.

Edited by Eli_Porter

IMO it's fine, make unassembled components too common and Operations lose their appeal.

Edit: Also it would really help those with lots of alts, since early Command Rank gain is really fast.

It's easy for you and I to say things like that because you and I regularly do endgame content.

For people that don't run ops like you or PvP like me, I suspect their opinion on that rate would differ :)

Hi Eric, I have a couple questions...

Will the weekly CXP cap be raised to reflect the new rates of CXP gain? If not it seems like it would be very easy to hit the weekly cap.

How exactly will the 250% CXP boost work with the current boost? Is it addititve +150%, additive +250%, or multiplicative x2.5?

Again too little to late.

CXP for normal questing away from heroics, flashpoints, boredom (aka uprisings), Ops and WZ as been totally left behind in the dust .

Simply put your system is anti new Lv 70s that want to use their time running quests, instead you force them into unlimited pvp and black talon farm.

Above is not even close enough to call SWTOR my main MMO atm

Thank you for this information. But what about what's in the crates? I don't care to get a crate every thirty minutes if it's filled with useless items, like the past 20+ crates I've opened. I'm not going to stay subscribed for that kind of system.

Again, thank you for the information but you need to address the crates themselves.

Ya Eric your loot table on crates needs to be fixed to much junk in them remove the green and blue gear.... The only thing that should be in them is tokens, schematics, tier gear, skins and rep. NO more green blue or toys for crying out loud this needs to happen before the cxp event. As it stands now you could level from were you are now to 300 in the cxp event and still have nothing. The crate loot table are unacceptable as they are now with or with out an event.