Gearing Changes in 5.1.1 and 5.1.2

EricMusco

Because people will hang about for change number one

Then when it arrives, and its bollocks, they'll hang around for change number two

By the time change number 2 arrives and is also bollocks, change number 3 will have been announced and people will hang about hoping it won't be bollocks, which it will

Ad infinitum

The dev team are treating us with contempt.

How dare we the players want to play a game our way and not theirs. They are the devs. They know better.

We're merely an inconvenience

Vote with you wallet.

If we can't save the game then maybe we can out them put of a job

The people (including yours truly) who consider Galactic Command to be a deal breaker have no option but to accept the fact that Bioware doesn't care about it. Eric made that perfectly clear and official yesterday. Think about it. CXP has been rooted into everything which means it is unavoidable, so their metrics will always indicate a promiscuous usage level. Every activity of merit will return a positive for CXP except that it's a false positive because there is nothing in the game that will return an offsetting negative. It's rigged. That was by design. Bioware will spin that into how much their fans love it, and why they will continue beating our game down into drone fertilizer with it.

You're right. The only metric that can oppose it is the only one they have no control over ... zero usage. So if you are against having Galactic Command rammed down your throat and want Bioware to vividly see the one disputing metric they can't ignore then cut bait ... unsub, delete your account's billing information and uninstall the game so they can't lay a trace on you. That is the only message that will get their attention. Your account will still be there if you decide to return at a later date - assuming the game hasn't folded by then.

Edited by GalacticKegger

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be silly, everyone knows this is all a major conspiracy theory to keep us subbing! I bet the new boss will just be Operator IX dressed in Karagga's hat and they hope we won't be able to tell the difference.
Ya ... ya ... doom on those who can smell the mess because they don't have their head up Bioware's butt. We get it. Edited by GalacticKegger

ScottishDrunk;9233014How dare we the players want to play a game our way and not theirs. They are the devs. They know better.

Excuse me? I don't remember them telling me what to do. Sure you might get more CXP doing pvp but you know what since they introduced it I have not done pvp as I hate pvp so I don't do things I don't like so how are they making me play something I don't like?

Excuse me? I don't remember them telling me what to do. Sure you might get more CXP doing pvp but you know what since they introduced it I have not done pvp as I hate pvp so I don't do things I don't like so how are they making me play something I don't like?

I'm with you. I only pvp, but the way it is at the moment before 5.1.1, it is faster to supplement gear for pvp by doing operations. I refuse to do operations as I only pvp, so even though it's faster, they won't get me playing a part of the game I dislike. I would unsub before being made to play part of the game I dislike. Actually I already did :confused:

Bioware keeps doubling down on these command crates. The rate of CXP gain has never been the problem.

The problem is the RnG and contents of the crates themselves. These changes don't really do anything to address that. They just give you more crates to disintegrate to get even more crates to disintegrate. It's a vicious circle.

I'm with you. I only pvp, but the way it is at the moment before 5.1.1, it is faster to supplement gear for pvp by doing operations. I refuse to do operations as I only pvp, so even though it's faster, they won't get me playing a part of the game I dislike. I would unsub before being made to play part of the game I dislike. Actually I already did :confused:

Sadly that will be true after 5.1.1 as well; the PvP-relevant fixes don't come until 5.1.2. 5.1.1 just increases the rate you get Disintegration Crates. It's useless, but will be attractive to the conditioned folks because BAR MOVE FASTER!

5.1.2 sounds like it will actually be helpful for PvP, though.

Edited by stoopicus

They have been doing it to PvPers for the last 5 years. Grind gear, then in six months, add new sets.

To be honest. This is how Theme Park MMO's always do it. Gear up, new Ops come out (or expansion), everyone needs to regear in new gear sets. PvP'ers and PvE'ers both.

To be honest. This is how Theme Park MMO's always do it. Gear up, new Ops come out (or expansion), everyone needs to regear in new gear sets. PvP'ers and PvE'ers both.

If only PvP could use a different main stat than PvE so they could be separated in gearing progression.

Nah, that's crazy talk. Never happen.

If only PvP could use a different main stat than PvE so they could be separated in gearing progression.

Nah, that's crazy talk. Never happen.

To be blunt. PvP gear changes every 6 months or so as well in all Theme Park MMO's, so it really doesn't matter if they had a PvP stat on it or not. It's just how they do it for MMO's like this.

To be blunt. PvP gear changes every 6 months or so as well in all Theme Park MMO's, so it really doesn't matter if they had a PvP stat on it or not. It's just how they do it for MMO's like this.

(I know)

With Expertise at least they *could* decouple it from the PvE grind, though, and thus have it so that a full PvP set was actually tractable to obtain.

Returning player from a fair few months ago.

Thank you for sharing information but...

I only really enjoy pvp. I don't want to spend my free time grinding content I don't enjoy because it is the fastest way to gear. Also not being able to choose the gear I want, that drives me crazy. Opening cartel market packs is exciting. Opening Command packs in the hope I get what I want, is annoying :(

We are being strung along.

This.

*5.0 Announced*

Us: Uhh BioWare, that will never work. No viable way to get gear!!

BW: *crickets*

*5.0 Rolls Out*

Us: BioWare, what is this garbage?!?! Horrible RNG. Super mega epic grind, batman!!

BW: Ok ok ok, we will fix it! We want to work with you guys. Keep giving us feedback!!

Us: Ok....so you gonna fix this or nah?

*5.1 Announced*

Us: Hey BW, did you notice that there's still this RNG problem? It's cool and all that we can kinda sorta work towards gear with the Unassembled components, but...HOLY EPIC GRIND BATMAN!!

BW: Ok ok ok, we hear ya. We're gonna go work on some more tweaks.

*5.1.1 and 5.1.2 Announced*

Us: Ok, so you are boosting CXP gains a bit. But the odds of getting a set piece are still lower than the odds of getting mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day...soo....thanks?

BW: Ok ok ok, so we are giving you more Unassembled Components for completing warzones!

Us: That's great! By how much!?

BW: *crickets*

Us: ........

Edited by teclado

This is true. However, in every other them park MMO, they actually add content that requires the new gear level. For this one though, it is grinding a new set of gear to do the same 2-4 year old operations.

You are actually grinding new gear to do the same thing that you were doing before. If they had actually added content that required new gear, then yeah, this grind might be a bit more tolerable but they didn't.

This is true. However, in every other them park MMO, they actually add content that requires the new gear level. For this one though, it is grinding a new set of gear to do the same 2-4 year old operations.

You are actually grinding new gear to do the same thing that you were doing before. If they had actually added content that required new gear, then yeah, this grind might be a bit more tolerable but they didn't.

No argument on that. I've been saying for a long time, that BW needs to add new Content for ALL aspects of this MMO. PvP, Flashpoints, GSF, Operations, and story. while the gear treadmil is definitely normal in all Theme Park MMO's, the amount of content all aspects get is definitely pathetic. To be blunt again, BW would have been better off having an expansion every 1 1/2 years instead of every year, and having new content for everything (and tossing in 2 wz's, and Operations in between expansions)

Sadly that will be true after 5.1.1 as well; the PvP-relevant fixes don't come until 5.1.2. 5.1.1 just increases the rate you get Disintegration Crates. It's useless, but will be attractive to the conditioned folks because BAR MOVE FASTER!

5.1.2 sounds like it will actually be helpful for PvP, though.

My sub runs out on the 5th. I'd cancelled it, but was considering resubbing and just lvling my multitude of Alts through pvp. But with the announced 250% XP boost, that is going to ruin that for me.

So if Eric doesn't get back to us to say they are adding an option to turn it off, then I'm afraid that's it for me, I'll be walking away from the game and if I find another to get addicted too, then I won't be back.

After investing nearly 10000 hours since launch and thousands of dollars, I'm not walking away lightly. But I'm not going to continue to play a game I no longer get any enjoyment from because it's like a second job.

By the time 5.2 comes out in April I will be long gone and probably investing in another game. I usually only play one game at a time and invest heavily in it. Bioware have done an excellent job of driving away one of the biggest fans of Star Wars and a massive fan of what this game used to be prior to 5.0. I know many other longtime loyal subscribers of this game are leaving for the same reasons. Because no one wants to wait 5 months from the launch of an expansion for it to "maybe" be fixed.

This expansion must nearly go down as the worst expansion of any game now or in the past. I can only think of one other game that got tanked as much and that was at its launch, E.T on Atari. If people had paid for this expansion like you do in other games, ie WoW charge $80 for an expansion. We'd all be asking for our money back.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

No argument on that. I've been saying for a long time, that BW needs to add new Content for ALL aspects of this MMO. PvP, Flashpoints, GSF, Operations, and story. while the gear treadmil is definitely normal in all Theme Park MMO's, the amount of content all aspects get is definitely pathetic. To be blunt again, BW would have been better off having an expansion every 1 1/2 years instead of every year, and having new content for everything (and tossing in 2 wz's, and Operations in between expansions)
MMO progression relies on intuitive & straightforward content difficulty progression for both PvE and PvP: conquer the content difficulty = get the gear for advancement to the next level of content difficulty. That's how it works. The only gates are performance and gear based. Pure and simple.

It's not rocket science.

With Galactic Command progression is gated behind a convoluted RNG XP system stubbornly intended to take the place of gear and new content. Case in point, we used to min/max gear and boss mechanics. Now Bioware has us min/maxing CXP instead. They're trying to sell us on Galactic Command being a legit content substitute intended to keep us subbed between emergency seat of the pants op boss releases the same way the chapters were supposed to for story.

That's not any kind of science. That's just being cheap.

Edited by GalacticKegger

I think if I could play Star Trek Online on this computer, I'd be alternating between there and here, like I did on my previous computer... would certainly combat the burn-out risk that the GC grind massively inflates.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

I was subbed to that till they sold the game and relaunched it. Now all my stuff has disappeared and they say they can't find it to give back to me.

I tried to give it a go, but it's pretty disappointing when your used to the way characters interact in swtor. Plus I lost all my cool ships and I'm reluctant to start from scratch

TrixxieTriss;9233274]My sub runs out on the 5th. I'd cancelled it, but was considering resubbing and just lvling my multitude of Alts through pvp. But with the announced 250% XP boost, that is going to ruin that for me

Are you talking about this?

This event will run until Game Update 5.2 in April. During this event all CXP earned will be increased by 250%.

That seems to indicate the CXP you gain at level 70 not the XP for leveling your characters at least that is how it comes across to me. You don't start earning CXP until level 70.

Edited by casirabit