Quick survey

SHAVEDKILLER

Anyone else playing less since 5.0/5.1 gearing changes? I find myself playing a lot less with no incentive whatsoever to gear 1 let alone more toons.Gambling and gearing.lol.

If you look at server populations, you'll see you are far from alone. Lots of people playing less or not at all.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
Swear word in quote removed

I'm actually playing more these days...

Because I've plan to play another game after my sub ends, so I play the stuff I still like in this game, complete some unfinished things and will leave with no regrets. :D

I try to give a real try on 5.0, but as others, it sucks the will to play out of me, I still give a try on 5.1, it changes nothing. Many players have shared that feeling.

Edited by RswanBing

I am playing less as well. It's just not fun any more. 4.0 was great because my alts could progress...not now. I've only logged onto ONE toon since 5.0 dropped.

I know the feeling. And i used to love to play alts part of the time for the change up it brought. BW did a nice job of ruining that.

I know the feeling. And i used to love to play alts part of the time for the change up it brought. BW did a nice job of ruining that.

Same here, playing alts was an important thing for me, I would never have done as much as I have in this game without my alts, so now, there's no point for me. :(

Edited by RswanBing

I have logged in just a few times in the last 6 weeks. Basically for me it seems the game is trying to squeeze every dollar out of years old content, has created a total grind fest with very underwhelming rewards. I have no desire to play this game. I check back to the forums from time to time to see if anything really changes but it doesn't.

The fact that it took the 6 weeks to get the loot changes out, and those changes are so lame BTW speaks volumes. this game is run by a skeleton crew. they are charging AAA prices and delivering very little in return.

LOTRO is free to play and delivers more content than SWTOR.

WoW absolutely destroys SWTOR in content releases, bug fixes, class adjustment, EVERYTHING...for the same price.

Honestly if this is how this game is going to be produced from here on out I would rather see it die with the hopes that a studio that can do the IP justice will take a shot at it. I have no more "good faith" left for this game.

Anyone else playing less since 5.0/5.1 gearing changes? I find myself playing a lot less with no incentive whatsoever to gear 1 let alone more toons.Gambling and gearing.lol.

I started to only play for mandatory guild progression raid nights twice per week as soon as 5.0 hit when I used to play every night before 5.0. I'm playing more now because our guild has a 240 crafter so a lot of our mods and enhancements are 240 with 224\230 set bonus armorings so HM raiding can happen again. If it wasn't for our guild crafter I'd still be playing less since 5.1 didn't undue 5.0's damage to raiding.

Yep I play a lot less compared to before. There are times I log in and back out in under 15 minutes. Just no desire to play. My sub runs out in few weeks and not sure if I will renew it yet. Currently canceled.

Only thing good is it has allowed me to start other games that I have let sit for far too long. From the Witcher series, DeusEx:MD to even Titanfall2 which I am really enjoying. Even playing more ESO.

Edited by Vyerix

At 5.0 launch I was in fact playing a LOT more and was active in every aspect of the game. I even leveled some alts. As time has gone on, I have been signing on less and less, BUT not less than what I was before 5.0. Edited by psandak

I cancelled my sub when they officially announced what would 5.0 be like, but was subscribed till a week and a half ago since I used to take 6 month recurring because I had no reason to not play at the time. I gave the so-called x-pac a try, but that's definitely not cutting it for me. I try to log-in at least once a week because I made friends and I like playing a bit with them. But I'm preferred and really feel like a low-class citizen so I hardly log for more than 1h.

Went from a daily player of 4-8 hours to maybe once a week or once every two weeks.

I've actually unsubbed and it runs out on the 5th Feb

I haven't started playing less. I've actually run more Operations in the past couple of weeks than I have in nearly two years. I'm switching amongst my alts a bit less, dedicating more of my time to my Shadow tank. But hours per week, I'm probably right where I was in 3.x and 4.x.

Iam playing less too i think it happened because iam a pvp player and i feel like farming these components is not achievable... The gear pieces are costing too much lol i can't even farm for 3-4 pieces

When 5.0 came, i was preferred. I know that every update requires adjustments in new content, so I was waiting for adjustments. My first week as preferred in 5.0 was like watching my screen and wonder what to do. All the rewards were simplified to experience points and ingame credits. Then I played the usual solo stuff and loot had dissapeared (star fortress heroics drop nothing now, and eternal championship reduced items drops, or that is what looked to me). The fun through a challenge to obtain nothing bored me. So i leveled a character in vanilla story.

Bait worked on me with a promotion for preferred, so i susbscribed. I have spent more time improving my crafting than playing the game, to realize that rating 228 is not enought to me to face chapters in veteran mode. Drove me to frustration, haven't even finished KOTET because I don't like to do it in easy mode (where there is no fun to me). My subscription ends in 3 days, and won't be renewed until i see changes that really are exciting. In the meantime, back to vanilla stories where the juice still exists.

I'm playing a lot less and since so many of our guild has left it's getting slow in game to do much. The incentive to play just isn't there like it used to be.

No interest in alt running because any time spent on them is wasted time getting my main higher in GC.

OPs are still a cluster of RNG even with the end boss always dropping gear and that sucks all the while doing OPS that are 2-5 years old.

Uprisings are such shallow content there barely worth running once much less for as long as bw expects you to run them.

Story was OK once. It's repeat ability is non-existent given I know the outcome now no matter what difficulty they slap on it.

The rewards for the time in game just are not there. The RNG gearing and the massive grind bw created with GC and 5.1 is just some kind of terrible joke on the gaming community.

The only benefit swtor has for me right now is I still get enough free cartel coins to make the sub equal out. once that dries up there is no reason to play this game right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.