Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I love Purple Quinn and Silver Theron, so you just go on and be as crazy as you need to be. :D I hope though that things will perk up soon and you won't be so stressed. Don't want our GA to be unhappy. ^^

I'm learning to let go of things. :o In this case, to stop being so frustrated over an argument that got way the heck out of hand. I'm...slowly getting it. XD Thanks - your words mean a lot to me. :)

Ooh - and I saw what appeared to be a Quinn clone on Ebon Hawk. Different name, though, not related to Malavai or Quinn at all. I'm curious, now. o.O He looked *exactly* like Quinn...hmmm. Was that any of you lovely people? :D (I would have whispered him, but he was RP'ing with people and I didn't want to bug him.)

On a different note, what is with Ebon Hawk's Imperial fleet chat lately? :eek: Holy crud. I thought I'd landed on Harbinger.

Well darn....that's what I get for being late to the party. I was going to confess my crimes and submit myself for...punishment...by our handsome duo. :cool::D:rolleyes:

Quinn and Theron: ......*jaws drop*

Quinn: Wh--you mean--the letter--wasn't written by that droid--!?

Theron: Uh, hold on now, what did you mean by "punishment?"

Quinn: ... :eek:

Edited by Jagaimee

*waggles eyebrows mischievously and winks* MY Malavai knows what I mean.... :cool::D;)

Theron: I keep learning way more than I ever wanted to about your love life, Major.

Quinn: *turning beet red* That's not--that's--ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, SHAN! Alternate! Universe!

Theron: Uh-huh... :rolleyes:

I'm learning to let go of things. :o In this case, to stop being so frustrated over an argument that got way the heck out of hand. I'm...slowly getting it. XD Thanks - your words mean a lot to me. :)

Ooh - and I saw what appeared to be a Quinn clone on Ebon Hawk. Different name, though, not related to Malavai or Quinn at all. I'm curious, now. o.O He looked *exactly* like Quinn...hmmm. Was that any of you lovely people? :D (I would have whispered him, but he was RP'ing with people and I didn't want to bug him.)

On a different note, what is with Ebon Hawk's Imperial fleet chat lately? :eek: Holy crud. I thought I'd landed on Harbinger.

Anytime, glad I was able to help even a little bit. *hugs* I know how it is...but I'm getting better...if people start picking stuff with me, I figure it's healthier to just walk away or block them lol. As for the Quinn-a-like...wasn't me. Not sure what's going on with chat, but maybe the stars are aligned wrong or something. I'm seeing that kind of stuff all over.

Of course we're insane! That's part of the fun! :D

...though, honestly, writing Purple Quinn (and Silver Theron) helps me calm down when faced with a stressful situation. :o So...thanks, guys, for letting me be a little crazy.

Oh...and I meant to say that I know EXACTLY what you mean. I recently got hit with a rather devastating RL bomb and immersing myself in the game and my fan fic is probably the only thing keeping me (relatively) sane right now.

Anytime, glad I was able to help even a little bit. *hugs* I know how it is...but I'm getting better...if people start picking stuff with me, I figure it's healthier to just walk away or block them lol. As for the Quinn-a-like...wasn't me. Not sure what's going on with chat, but maybe the stars are aligned wrong or something. I'm seeing that kind of stuff all over.

*hugs* :D

Yeah... I'm learning the (very) hard way why it's better to just walk away. Kind of wish there actually was an option to block the person ranting at me on that other forum, buuuut there isn't. Oh well. Justice has been slightly served, though: the most inflammatory posts directed at me have been deleted by sympathetic moderators. :)

Weird, about the chat thing. Wonder what's going on. I mean, on any server you can always tell when a PVP match lets out: the chat instantly fills up with several people sniping at each other, which gets increasingly vulgar and reminds me why it's a gooood idea to have the profanity filter turned on. XD But for the past couple of nights on Ebon Hawk, the chat PVP has gotten...strange. Hmm.

Oh...and I meant to say that I know EXACTLY what you mean. I recently got hit with a rather devastating RL bomb and immersing myself in the game and my fan fic is probably the only thing keeping me (relatively) sane right now.

*hugs* Whatever you're going through, you're not alone. :)

*hugs everyone going through rough stages*

Seems to be that time of the year, been hit with down moods for weeks straight now myself, sadly I have no outlet now since I used to use swtor as one but it's got me feeling worse since there's no info on where the story is going etc. and my fears are dwelling on me.

*hugs everyone going through rough stages*

Seems to be that time of the year, been hit with down moods for weeks straight now myself, sadly I have no outlet now since I used to use swtor as one but it's got me feeling worse since there's no info on where the story is going etc. and my fears are dwelling on me.

Yeah, I wish the powers that be would throw us a bone, so we can know when and what we can expect with the story and stuff. And like you say things seem worrisome and there is a fair bit of hostility going on these days. Yeeeesh. :(

Hehe....well, one of my most recent chapters was something along those lines....so, it was already on my mind. :cool::D
Aha! :D Something to look forward to!

That's awful, I'm sorry to hear that. *hugs* Thank goodness for writing, aka sanity preserver. If I only had a buck for every time I retreated into my writing. It really is therapy. I hope things get better for you soon. <3

Well darn....that's what I get for being late to the party. I was going to confess my crimes and submit myself for...punishment...by our handsome duo. :cool::D:rolleyes:

I like the way you're thinking.

Unfortunately, apparently they believed when I claimed my innocence. :D

And I echo others' thoughts: this thread and awesome people here make me happier on a tough day. 😗

Aha! :D Something to look forward to!

Oh, it's already up....it was like two chapters ago.

That's awful, I'm sorry to hear that. *hugs* Thank goodness for writing, aka sanity preserver. If I only had a buck for every time I retreated into my writing. It really is therapy. I hope things get better for you soon. <3

Thanks....unfortunately, I think the only way things will get better overall is to just suck it up and do what I needed to do for the past 7 years or so, even though it means destroying my comfort zone.

Hello thread, I feel like I missed a thing or two recently and I'm completely out of the loop and confused, I've just been so busy leveling my new and improved Quinn clone and documenting his ridiculous life. I'm not much of a writer, (though I often don't know when to shut my yap on forums), but having projects (like my clone <3) helps out quite a bit in regards to the swirling torrent of pain and misery that is real life :o

I'm suddenly reminded of all the adulting I have to do today and.. never mind about that, someone please explain to me slowly, what is this letter mystery we're all so wrapped up in and of which I was named a suspect even though I have no idea what it's about? Though, abject ignorance would be the perfect alibi, wouldn't it? *perfectly innocent smile:)*

One last thing I wanted to say before I get on with it, I know most of you already do have clones (I'm the late one) but in case anyone doesn't I really recommend it. You've literally never seen your favorite companion so animated, whoever they might be. It's freaking hilarious.

I had enough adulting at 06:00 this morning. That said I do enjoy an early morning shout.

Anyhoo the rest of the day is mine, and soon I'll be seeing a certain Major whilst we do some dailies. Vette's been bullying him again so he needs some time out. I wish I'd never married her, she gets so jelly.

Yo dude, I'm a heterosexual male. Yet I'm turned by the mighty Imperial god Malavai Quinn.

Malavai Quinn inspires secret bromance! I love that :D

I had enough adulting at 06:00 this morning. That said I do enjoy an early morning shout.

Anyhoo the rest of the day is mine, and soon I'll be seeing a certain Major whilst we do some dailies. Vette's been bullying him again so he needs some time out. I wish I'd never married her, she gets so jelly.

Being the perfect gentleman of the crew and the alliance (though Aric might beat him in the alliance with his unsurpassed loyalty), Quinn might moan about Vette but he puts up with her better than me and my warriors do!

Speaking of which, I'm trying to decide whether I want to do the romances at all on my warrior Quinn clone. I mean neither Vette nor Jaesa do anything for me, I'd have to hold my nose to get through it. But I always thought the love triangle/ jealousy stuff I've heard described sounded fun. Plus.. more opportunities for screenshots, my absolute favoritest thing.. hm

Hello thread, I feel like I missed a thing or two recently and I'm completely out of the loop and confused, I've just been so busy leveling my new and improved Quinn clone and documenting his ridiculous life. I'm not much of a writer, (though I often don't know when to shut my yap on forums), but having projects (like my clone <3) helps out quite a bit in regards to the swirling torrent of pain and misery that is real life :o

I'm suddenly reminded of all the adulting I have to do today and.. never mind about that, someone please explain to me slowly, what is this letter mystery we're all so wrapped up in and of which I was named a suspect even though I have no idea what it's about? Though, abject ignorance would be the perfect alibi, wouldn't it? *perfectly innocent smile:)*

One last thing I wanted to say before I get on with it, I know most of you already do have clones (I'm the late one) but in case anyone doesn't I really recommend it. You've literally never seen your favorite companion so animated, whoever they might be. It's freaking hilarious.

welcome back!

I've never done a clone, I might have to try it :D If I did Quinn, would it be better to be a warrior so that there are 2 Quinns never acknowledging the fact that they look identical? Or would it be more fun to play him as an agent, the Malavain Quinn alternate universe Super Spy? Or maybe I could make long lost real twin Bobalavai Quinn the Patriotic Republic Trooper who doesn't know his real family's Imperial history :o So many options.

Adulting is hard. .-.

As for the letter mystery...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Quinn & Shan Detective Agency. AKA "Jagaimee's gone batty in the head...more than usual, that is, because what was she thinking attempting to write this crazy thing!?"

Chapter One

Taungsday, 3:22 in the afternoon. A slow day. The fan on the desk turned with the same nail-biting pace as a slug glued to a glacier. Hadn’t had any clients for a week, maybe more; couldn’t remember, honestly. My partner—he’d like to say I’m his partner, but semantics—was getting antsy, and I wasn’t much better off, what with the lack of picnics and all.

I should introduce myself. Shan. Theron Shan, P.I. That’s my name up there, in Quinn & Shan Detective Agency. Yes, I’m aware my name’s second on the list. It’s annoying.

And the guy who sits across from me is Malavai Quinn. He likes purple, for some reason. Haven’t figured it out yet. Doubt he’s ever going to tell me. Me, I like silver. It irritates both of us that purple and silver look good together, because we actually have the personalities of a blowtorch and a can of gasoline, and get along about as well.

Take that slow Taungsday, for example. We were arguing – again – about the name of the agency.

“…all I’m saying is, Shan and Quinn sounds nicer. It flows a little better,” I said.

Quinn and Shan,” he said. He shook his head. I wanted to ask how his cowlick stayed in place with all the head-shaking and facepalming. Then I remembered my own perpetual fauxhawk, and stayed silent. “I started the agency, after all,” he went on in that irritating Imperial accent. How did the ladies fall for that? “And don’t forget the fangirl army. I’m sure they would back me up.”

I would’ve replied, probably to say that well duh, it’s YOUR fangirl army, of course they’d back you up, but at that moment the door swung open, and she stood there.

…actually, I had to look down before noticing her. A very irritated ahem also caught my attention. So I stood there looking down at the smallest little spitfire I’d ever seen.

She wore a white Grand Admiral’s uniform. She looked like a little kid glove: all crisp and shiny and new. Minus the shiny part, because nothing on a Grand Admiral’s uniform actually shone, per se. Eyes the color of oily mud puddles glared out from behind nearly opaque blue-tinted glasses. I was on the verge of asking how the heck she actually saw anything, when she spoke first: “Quinn, Theron, I have a job for you,” in a voice that sounded like a bullfrog on helium.

Okay, so she wasn’t the classiest dame.

“Grand Admiral Jagaimee,” Quinn said, leaping to his feet and saluting. “Ma’am.”

She favored him with a smile that could melt the aforementioned glacier, and probably fry that poor snail into oblivion. “Major. Agent,” she said to me with a nod. Her close-cut black—brown—blackish brown—brownish black?—HAIR stayed clamped to her head like a tangled helmet. “I want to bring this to your attention.” She dramatically slapped a letter down on the desk and managed to dislodge a pile of other, probably important, papers. “Whoops—“ After a frantic dash to pick up said papers, she shuffled them back onto the desk and attempted to hide her cheeks, which were about as red as Quinn turned whenever somebody brought up his love life. “Ahem. Quinn, you might recognize this letter.”

Quinn stepped over to the desk, hands clasped behind his back. I leaned over to get a closer look.

Dear Wrathy (the letter read)

It has come to my attention that Vette went cack at the last battle. That’s very unfortunate. I never got along with her, but I did love her jokes. Especially the one about my cowlick. It never got old, even after the five kazoolienth time. She will be missed. My condolences.

- Signed, your loving husband Mahlahvee Quinnypoo XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

P.S. I love purple.

“…what.”

I had to hand it to the Major, he was always stoic.

“WHAT was that TRAVESTY!?”

Normally stoic.

“That’s what I’m hiring you two to find out,” the Grand Admiral said. She drew herself up to her full height of slightly-taller-than-dirt, all important-like, and planted her hands on her nonexistent hips like a field marshal overseeing a parade. A parade of two, marching along under her orders – or probably creeping or skulking, if she was going to hire us for what I thought she was going to hire us for. “This letter, as evidenced by Quinn’s reaction, was forged. I need you two to find out who did it and why.” Creeping and skulking it was. The Grand Admiral frowned down at the letter, a mile of angst written on her face like a fifty-speeder pileup in the middle of Coruscant at rush hour. “Because for the love of Mike, that is ridiculous.”

Quinn made a noise that sounded like a whole herd of cows with laryngitis.

“Don’t worry, Grand Admiral ma’am,” I said, drawing myself up to my full height of I-did-not-inherit-Jace-Malcom’s-physique. “We’ll get to the bottom of this.”

“…when was this letter sent?” Quinn asked, finally coming back to reality. He sort of crashlanded back into it, truth be told. The impact left a dent in the middle of the floor and a dazed look on the Major’s face. I liked that floor. I didn’t like that face. “To whom was it sent, and where was it sent to – and from?”

“The night of the battle that Vette died in—or Torian died in.” The Grand Admiral frowned again. That pileup was driving a deep ditch down the middle of her brow. She was going to have a permanent line there if she wasn’t careful. “I get confused. They both disappeared from then on out, so…eh. Anyway, it was sent from the Odessen base at about eleven o’clock that night, to the Lord Wrath, ostensibly from…uh, Mah-LAH-vee—“

Quinn’s eye twitched.

“—Quinnypoo—

Quinn’s other eye twitched.

“—with a plethora of X’s and O’S behind it.” Those blue-tinted greenish brown-black eyes narrowed. “I just read that to you. Take notes, guys.”

“Any other details you can tell us?” I asked.

She pursed her lips, like one of those old-fashioned drawstring purses, not a fancy one with a clasp and chain and ten million pockets for various gadgets, because that would be strange and rather painful to try and hide gadgets in your lips. “Well…the Wrath was mildly amused. Or some of them were. The other ones who actually liked Vette, weren’t so amused.”

Quinn made another noise. The herd of cows with laryngitis came down with the flu on top of that.

“But anything else about the letter…nope, sorry. No other details.”

“The Wrath saw this?” Quinn asked. His eyes were twitching so fast I thought he was trying to signal for help from low-flying aircraft.

“Yeah. Don’t worry – none of them actually think it came from you.” The Grand Admiral pulled an about-face and marched toward the door. She tripped twice over her own boots on the way out, and turned dramatically at the door, saving her dignity somewhat. The whole effect was comical, like a clown whose nose doesn’t squeak but it keeps trying anyway and all that comes out is this pathetic pffssfff noise. “Major – Agent – I’m trusting this to you. Oh, and…” She leaned toward us. “…Darth Lunafox is very interested in the outcome.”

Darth Lunafox!?”

Moon vulpes. Interesting. I made a mental note of that.

“And Darth Sarova, Darth Grania, Darth Nightfrogger, Darth Feylyndiira, Darth Lammia, Darth Ralei, Officer DonNZ, Darth Asmodesu, Darth Orangenee…and me. So yeah.” The Grand Admiral saluted and succeeded in giving that dent in her brow another furrow with the impact of her hand. Trying not to let the subsequent pained wincing affect her now-nonexistent dignity, she said with all the gravitas she could muster, “Good luck, gentlemen. We’re counting on you.”

With that, she was gone, as suddenly out of our lives as abruptly as she’d come. But not quite out of the building yet, because I heard a cat screech, and the Grand Admiral yelping WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING YOU SILLY CAT! That poor cat.

I turned to my partner. “Well. Seems we’ve got a mystery.” There was no response. The lights were on but nobody was home. I waved my hand in front of his face. “Uh. Major?”

“Personal space, Shan.”

I stopped fanning his nose. “I know what we can do.”

“Really? That’s a surprise.”

I went over to the closet and threw it open. Once I stopped coughing from all the dust, I pulled out a deerstalker cap and Inverness cape, and threw them to Quinn. He caught them on instinct. I pulled out a fedora and trench coat next. Those I kept. “Well, we look the part, for one.”

Quinn held the cap at a distance, like it was about to grow fangs and bite him. I couldn’t blame him. Those dust bunnies were vicious. They might look ordinary, but they were the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered dusty rodents you ever set eyes on. “Look the part,” he said, in a voice so flat you could pave a road with it. “With this.” He glanced at my new attire. “Our outfits are barely even from the same century.”

“But they look cool, and that is what matters.”

Quinn sighed. A cloud of the aforementioned dust bunnies, stirred up by the breeze, promptly attacked the floor. Quinn tugged on the cap and shrugged on the cape. “Oh, very well then,” he said irritably.

I waited. “…well? Come on, say it!”

Another sigh. “The game’s afoot.”

“That’s the spirit!”

...I have no idea if I'm actually going to write out the rest of that whole misadventure. XD

Edited by Jagaimee

Grand Admiral! Loved the novelization of our little mystery here. Very gripping. The descriptions were incredible! You had me at 'slug glued to a glacier'. Well done! The imagery was incredible. *loves on it like a cat on a sardine* Edited by Lunafox

Oh, it's already up....it was like two chapters ago.

Thanks....unfortunately, I think the only way things will get better overall is to just suck it up and do what I needed to do for the past 7 years or so, even though it means destroying my comfort zone.

Oh yeah...got confused. I'm going to plead senility and the lateness of the hour. But anyways, that's got to be very hard to do, it's not easy giving up what you're used to...just know that you're among friends anytime you need us.

Edited by Lunafox

Adulting is hard. .-.

As for the letter mystery...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Quinn & Shan Detective Agency. AKA "Jagaimee's gone batty in the head...more than usual, that is, because what was she thinking attempting to write this crazy thing!?"

Chapter One

Taungsday, 3:22 in the afternoon. A slow day. The fan on the desk turned with the same nail-biting pace as a slug glued to a glacier. Hadn’t had any clients for a week, maybe more; couldn’t remember, honestly. My partner—he’d like to say I’m his partner, but semantics—was getting antsy, and I wasn’t much better off, what with the lack of picnics and all.

I should introduce myself. Shan. Theron Shan, P.I. That’s my name up there, in Quinn & Shan Detective Agency. Yes, I’m aware my name’s second on the list. It’s annoying.

And the guy who sits across from me is Malavai Quinn. He likes purple, for some reason. Haven’t figured it out yet. Doubt he’s ever going to tell me. Me, I like silver. It irritates both of us that purple and silver look good together, because we actually have the personalities of a blowtorch and a can of gasoline, and get along about as well.

Take that slow Taungsday, for example. We were arguing – again – about the name of the agency.

“…all I’m saying is, Shan and Quinn sounds nicer. It flows a little better,” I said.

Quinn and Shan,” he said. He shook his head. I wanted to ask how his cowlick stayed in place with all the head-shaking and facepalming. Then I remembered my own perpetual fauxhawk, and stayed silent. “I started the agency, after all,” he went on in that irritating Imperial accent. How did the ladies fall for that? “And don’t forget the fangirl army. I’m sure they would back me up.”

I would’ve replied, probably to say that well duh, it’s YOUR fangirl army, of course they’d back you up, but at that moment the door swung open, and she stood there.

…actually, I had to look down before noticing her. A very irritated ahem also caught my attention. So I stood there looking down at the smallest little spitfire I’d ever seen.

She wore a white Grand Admiral’s uniform. She looked like a little kid glove: all crisp and shiny and new. Minus the shiny part, because nothing on a Grand Admiral’s uniform actually shone, per se. Eyes the color of oily mud puddles glared out from behind nearly opaque blue-tinted glasses. I was on the verge of asking how the heck she actually saw anything, when she spoke first: “Quinn, Theron, I have a job for you,” in a voice that sounded like a bullfrog on helium.

Okay, so she wasn’t the classiest dame.

“Grand Admiral Jagaimee,” Quinn said, leaping to his feet and saluting. “Ma’am.”

She favored him with a smile that could melt the aforementioned glacier, and probably fry that poor snail into oblivion. “Major. Agent,” she said to me with a nod. Her close-cut black—brown—blackish brown—brownish black?—HAIR stayed clamped to her head like a tangled helmet. “I want to bring this to your attention.” She dramatically slapped a letter down on the desk and managed to dislodge a pile of other, probably important, papers. “Whoops—“ After a frantic dash to pick up said papers, she shuffled them back onto the desk and attempted to hide her cheeks, which were about as red as Quinn turned whenever somebody brought up his love life. “Ahem. Quinn, you might recognize this letter.”

Quinn stepped over to the desk, hands clasped behind his back. I leaned over to get a closer look.

Dear Wrathy (the letter read)

It has come to my attention that Vette went cack at the last battle. That’s very unfortunate. I never got along with her, but I did love her jokes. Especially the one about my cowlick. It never got old, even after the five kazoolienth time. She will be missed. My condolences.

- Signed, your loving husband Mahlahvee Quinnypoo XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

P.S. I love purple.

“…what.”

I had to hand it to the Major, he was always stoic.

“WHAT was that TRAVESTY!?”

Normally stoic.

“That’s what I’m hiring you two to find out,” the Grand Admiral said. She drew herself up to her full height of slightly-taller-than-dirt, all important-like, and planted her hands on her nonexistent hips like a field marshal overseeing a parade. A parade of two, marching along under her orders – or probably creeping or skulking, if she was going to hire us for what I thought she was going to hire us for. “This letter, as evidenced by Quinn’s reaction, was forged. I need you two to find out who did it and why.” Creeping and skulking it was. The Grand Admiral frowned down at the letter, a mile of angst written on her face like a fifty-speeder pileup in the middle of Coruscant at rush hour. “Because for the love of Mike, that is ridiculous.”

Quinn made a noise that sounded like a whole herd of cows with laryngitis.

“Don’t worry, Grand Admiral ma’am,” I said, drawing myself up to my full height of I-did-not-inherit-Jace-Malcom’s-physique. “We’ll get to the bottom of this.”

“…when was this letter sent?” Quinn asked, finally coming back to reality. He sort of crashlanded back into it, truth be told. The impact left a dent in the middle of the floor and a dazed look on the Major’s face. I liked that floor. I didn’t like that face. “To whom was it sent, and where was it sent to – and from?”

“The night of the battle that Vette died in—or Torian died in.” The Grand Admiral frowned again. That pileup was driving a deep ditch down the middle of her brow. She was going to have a permanent line there if she wasn’t careful. “I get confused. They both disappeared from then on out, so…eh. Anyway, it was sent from the Odessen base at about eleven o’clock that night, to the Lord Wrath, ostensibly from…uh, Mah-LAH-vee—“

Quinn’s eye twitched.

“—Quinnypoo—

Quinn’s other eye twitched.

“—with a plethora of X’s and O’S behind it.” Those blue-tinted greenish brown-black eyes narrowed. “I just read that to you. Take notes, guys.”

“Any other details you can tell us?” I asked.

She pursed her lips, like one of those old-fashioned drawstring purses, not a fancy one with a clasp and chain and ten million pockets for various gadgets, because that would be strange and rather painful to try and hide gadgets in your lips. “Well…the Wrath was mildly amused. Or some of them were. The other ones who actually liked Vette, weren’t so amused.”

Quinn made another noise. The herd of cows with laryngitis came down with the flu on top of that.

“But anything else about the letter…nope, sorry. No other details.”

“The Wrath saw this?” Quinn asked. His eyes were twitching so fast I thought he was trying to signal for help from low-flying aircraft.

“Yeah. Don’t worry – none of them actually think it came from you.” The Grand Admiral pulled an about-face and marched toward the door. She tripped twice over her own boots on the way out, and turned dramatically at the door, saving her dignity somewhat. The whole effect was comical, like a clown whose nose doesn’t squeak but it keeps trying anyway and all that comes out is this pathetic pffssfff noise. “Major – Agent – I’m trusting this to you. Oh, and…” She leaned toward us. “…Darth Lunafox is very interested in the outcome.”

Darth Lunafox!?”

Moon vulpes. Interesting. I made a mental note of that.

“And Darth Sarova, Darth Grania, Darth Nightfrogger, Darth Feylyndiira, Darth Lammia, Darth Ralei, Officer DonNZ, Darth Asmodesu, Darth Orangenee…and me. So yeah.” The Grand Admiral saluted and succeeded in giving that dent in her brow another furrow with the impact of her hand. Trying not to let the subsequent pained wincing affect her now-nonexistent dignity, she said with all the gravitas she could muster, “Good luck, gentlemen. We’re counting on you.”

With that, she was gone, as suddenly out of our lives as abruptly as she’d come. But not quite out of the building yet, because I heard a cat screech, and the Grand Admiral yelping WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING YOU SILLY CAT! That poor cat.

I turned to my partner. “Well. Seems we’ve got a mystery.” There was no response. The lights were on but nobody was home. I waved my hand in front of his face. “Uh. Major?”

“Personal space, Shan.”

I stopped fanning his nose. “I know what we can do.”

“Really? That’s a surprise.”

I went over to the closet and threw it open. Once I stopped coughing from all the dust, I pulled out a deerstalker cap and Inverness cape, and threw them to Quinn. He caught them on instinct. I pulled out a fedora and trench coat next. Those I kept. “Well, we look the part, for one.”

Quinn held the cap at a distance, like it was about to grow fangs and bite him. I couldn’t blame him. Those dust bunnies were vicious. They might look ordinary, but they were the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered dusty rodents you ever set eyes on. “Look the part,” he said, in a voice so flat you could pave a road with it. “With this.” He glanced at my new attire. “Our outfits are barely even from the same century.”

“But they look cool, and that is what matters.”

Quinn sighed. A cloud of the aforementioned dust bunnies, stirred up by the breeze, promptly attacked the floor. Quinn tugged on the cap and shrugged on the cape. “Oh, very well then,” he said irritably.

I waited. “…well? Come on, say it!”

Another sigh. “The game’s afoot.”

“That’s the spirit!”

...I have no idea if I'm actually going to write out the rest of that whole misadventure. XD

From a longtime lurker I really loved this story :) By now you would think I would know better than to eat or drink while reading this wonderful thread, but noooo, I spit out my Pepsi when I read a voice like a bullfrog on helium :p Like a few of you on here, this thread makes my sometimes very stressful RL much better to deal with, keep on keeping on, I love every moment of it. :)

*melts back into the shadows and waits*

welcome back!

I've never done a clone, I might have to try it :D If I did Quinn, would it be better to be a warrior so that there are 2 Quinns never acknowledging the fact that they look identical? Or would it be more fun to play him as an agent, the Malavain Quinn alternate universe Super Spy? Or maybe I could make long lost real twin Bobalavai Quinn the Patriotic Republic Trooper who doesn't know his real family's Imperial history :o So many options.

Hi Ralei, thanks!

Dooo ittt. Mine's a warrior and yeah it's like playing the warrior story without the warrior in it :D

You remember Vemrin?

https://i.imgur.com/KFNNxN2.png

KAPOW

Omg Jagaimee I laughed til I cried, which was awkward because the pizza guy showed up in the middle of reading it :o My favorite part was

"Mah-LAH-vee—“

Quinn’s eye twitched.

“—Quinnypoo—

Quinn’s other eye twitched."

Such a long adulty day and not over quite yet, but this thread is such a treat <3