Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I'm watching that video of Quinnmancing that I linked to a few posts back... haha, the opening flirts. o.o Virne took the (in)famous "So, I excite you, do I?" flirt, but didn't push it further from there. This gal, however, does. A lot. It's halfway between hilarious and uncomfortable watching Quinn fidget. Hilarious because, well, Quinn. Uncomfortable, because...

Quinn knows darn well that a Sith has a legal right to do absolutely whatever she wants to him. If that means absolutely humiliating him in every way possible, he can't do a thing about it. If that means forcing herself on him, he has no right to object. Or to stop her. If that means doing that and then killing him when she's done, he can't object to that either.

...that sort of colors the whole "uncomfortable with flirting" dynamic in a very bad light... o_o Thank goodness for a chance later on to tell him "I'd never make you do anything you're uncomfortable with."

Edited by Jagaimee

Awesome. :D Wait, where's that screenshot from? I don't recognize the background...theeeen again it's been forever since I did the Sith Warrior story.

Urge to recreate warrior: steadily rising.

It sort of looks like the part with the sand demon, is that where they are? That's how they look when they stand around discussing what to do. I always take screenshots of that scene, I'm amused by it for some reason :o

I'm watching that video of Quinnmancing that I linked to a few posts back... haha, the opening flirts. o.o Virne took the (in)famous "So, I excite you, do I?" flirt, but didn't push it further from there. This gal, however, does. A lot. It's halfway between hilarious and uncomfortable watching Quinn fidget. Hilarious because, well, Quinn. Uncomfortable, because...

Quinn knows darn well that a Sith has a legal right to do absolutely whatever she wants to him. If that means absolutely humiliating him in every way possible, he can't do a thing about it. If that means forcing herself on him, he has no right to object. Or to stop her. If that means doing that and then killing him when she's done, he can't object to that either.

...that sort of colors the whole "uncomfortable with flirting" dynamic in a very bad light... o_o Thank goodness for a chance later on to tell him "I'd never make you do anything you're uncomfortable with."

Depending on how you look at that relationship of theirs (I mean the whole romance until he gives in), it has a very abusive angle, when you order him to kiss you, etc.

On my first playthrough, she was patient and gentle, giving him time. On re-plays (running the story on clones of my warrior), I experimented with other options, and unless they are in clear contradiction with other options, they all happened at some point. So she did order him to kiss her, but it was long after they were already locked in a relationship and could joke about such things without being creepy, regardless of the point in the romance it really happens in the game.

My biggest issue with how they're written is him saying "no", but "Malavai Quinn approves." appearing on the screen. 'Say "no" but think "yes" ' notion is a very dangerous subject, and it would be a lot clearer if the genders were reversed. A lot clearer in how creepy it is. :(

So I'm happy my warrior gave him time, and only innocently flirted with him when she could, but wasn't forcing herself on him. Then his "You know how I feel about you" on Taris and similar sweet comments made her hope his rejection wasn't permanent, but she was initially hurt (which she told him, and he apologised as not being aware of in one of convos, which in turn made me write him as asocial, awkward, with mild Asperger's, so not really comfortable among people, because he doesn't understand/read them well).

Awesome. :D Wait, where's that screenshot from? I don't recognize the background...theeeen again it's been forever since I did the Sith Warrior story.

Urge to recreate warrior: steadily rising.

Grania is right. They're standing, staring down at the sleeping sand demon shedding its skin. His expression means "It stinks, my lord!" ;)

I have no idea who originally said that, but that seems to be a pretty popular opinion.
(link to someone's Quinn romance conversations/story), and a few people seem to think that Benedict Cumberbatch would make a good Quinn.

...I...guess I can see the resemblance? But the voice throws me off. .-. Quinn with a very deep voice is just...eep, no.

This. This deserves an army of evil Quinn jawas. Each delivering a hand-picked bouquet of Umbaran tentacles directly to Lana. :jawa_evil:

Oh me! I totally believe Benedict Cumberbatch would rock Quinn.

And, that's our Major...wise as ever. The way to a Jawa's heart is through droid parts. Well done.

I ought to put you up for a promotion.

I did my Umbara run finally today and I had that.....other person, "L" we'll call her, replace my Quinston.

I was most displeased.

The first run (story run) she's there, can't help it. After that, solo runs have whoever you really took with you. And they're are lovingly super mad and angry with you at the end in the cutscene just before that last boss.

Depending on how you look at that relationship of theirs (I mean the whole romance until he gives in), it has a very abusive angle, when you order him to kiss you, etc.

Yeah - a lot of it comes down to headcanon on the part of our warriors... it's just that, at first, Quinn doesn't know about that headcanon. We could say that our warriors were just being an innocent tease, but Quinn's well-aware of the potential abusive dynamic that could form. At least it gets better later on...or it *can*, I guess.

My biggest issue with how they're written is him saying "no", but "Malavai Quinn approves." appearing on the screen. 'Say "no" but think "yes" ' notion is a very dangerous subject, and it would be a lot clearer if the genders were reversed. A lot clearer in how creepy it is. :(

Uuuugh. e_e Yeah...that's creepy.

The first run (story run) she's there, can't help it. After that, solo runs have whoever you really took with you. And they're are lovingly super mad and angry with you at the end in the cutscene just before that last boss.

...what happens if you have Theron with you in a solo run? Does he somehow wind up staring at himself? o_O Or is it impossible to have Theron as a companion after the Umbara storyline?

...what happens if you have Theron with you in a solo run? Does he somehow wind up staring at himself? o_O Or is it impossible to have Theron as a companion after the Umbara storyline?

It's possible to take Theron. He's angry at the end too :D

In the re-runs, and non-story runs (via Group Finder/terminal), Theron isn't in cutscenes at all but a hooded, masked person of the Order. Possibly not to spoil who is the traitor to those who run the FP through GF, but didn't play the story yet.

It's possible to take Theron. He's angry at the end too :D

In the re-runs, and non-story runs (via Group Finder/terminal), Theron isn't in cutscenes at all but a hooded, masked person of the Order. Possibly not to spoil who is the traitor to those who run the FP through GF, but didn't play the story yet.

So Theron's...angry at...Theron. Sort of.

Theron: I was very confused that day.

...I'll say.

Quinn: This is even more convoluted than explanations for my own betrayal.

Theron: I've given up trying to figure it out.

Quinn: ...you're the one involved in all of it.

Theron: I know. And I STILL can't figure it out.

Quinn: But you're...rrrrrgh, Republic logic never ceases to make my head spin.

Theron: Ditto to you, Imperial.

Quinn and Theron: ...

Quinn: ...I rarely say this, but I believe I need a drink.

Theron: Me too.

Quinn: I promise not to put ipecac in yours this time.

Theron: *blink blink* That's...generous...of you...?

Quinn: Think nothing of it.

Edited by Jagaimee

Just did this and have that bit nicely on video for future.....er research :D

So Theron's...angry at...Theron. Sort of.

Theron: I was very confused that day.

...I'll say.

Quinn: This is even more convoluted than explanations for my own betrayal.

Theron: I've given up trying to figure it out.

Quinn: ...you're the one involved in all of it.

Theron: I know. And I STILL can't figure it out.

Quinn: But you're...rrrrrgh, Republic logic never ceases to make my head spin.

Theron: Ditto to you, Imperial.

Quinn and Theron: ...

Quinn: ...I rarely say this, but I believe I need a drink.

Theron: Me too.

Quinn: I promise not to put ipecac in yours this time.

Theron: *blink blink* That's...generous...of you...?

Quinn: Think nothing of it.

On my main (an SI) I took Theron through all the farming re-runs - the anger in him at the end is hilarious :D no wonder silver he is confused. I don't think the devs thought that through (or just rushed it through). It would have been good if they had added some lines for other companions they knew we'd be taking through; for example, I'd have liked to have heard Malavai say the words instead of them putting them in his letter. They also forgot to change/remove the lines for Theron (when he says "...don't look down") and Lana (..."no going around") - they kept those in even though you re-run with someone else - it would have been much better if Quinn had spoken those lines instead.

, which in turn made me write him as asocial, awkward, with mild Asperger's, so not really comfortable among people, because he doesn't understand/read them well).

More than mild, imo, lol. Compound the social weirdness with the computations he does in his head, he's like a hot Rainman. :D And that's why it's easier for Baras to manipulate him into turning on his own wife. In addition to being an alien, he hates Vette so much because he doesn't understand her sarcasm. He's also always in uniform, because choosing his own clothing is too perplexing. Those are my thoughts, anyway :)

More than mild, imo, lol. Compound the social weirdness with the computations he does in his head, he's like a hot Rainman. :D And that's why it's easier for Baras to manipulate him into turning on his own wife. In addition to being an alien, he hates Vette so much because he doesn't understand her sarcasm. He's also always in uniform, because choosing his own clothing is too perplexing. Those are my thoughts, anyway :)

My Malavai gets sarcasm... I guess he got trained by his family LOL He was sarcastic a few times himself, so mine can deal with that "obstacle" in human interactions.

But mostly he's helpless. :cool:

Vette isn't sarcastic, she's a prankster. And that could get on everyone nerves, especially so serious as Malavai. I find it very out of character in that letter some people got from his how he "loved" her jokes. I doubt that very much. Fortunately, I never got this letter, so don't need to RP my way around it.

that letter some people got from his how he "loved" her jokes

Quinn: ...what.

Theron: You? Liked Vette's jokes? You??

Quinn: I never wrote that.

Theron: Then who did?

Quinn: An impostor. An investigation must commence!

Theron: Right, I'll get the magnifying glasses, fingerprinting kits...

Quinn: We must find out who is impersonating me - badly, I might add - and stop this plot.

Theron: ...pipes, deerstalker caps...

Quinn: This could wind up spelling disaster for the whole of the Alliance--er, Empire--galaxy? ...Theron, whose side is everyone on this time? The plot's gotten so convoluted I can't untangle it.

Theron: ...catapults, woodchippers...

Quinn: Catapults?

Theron: Just seeing if you were listening. As for the plot and whose side who is on, I have no idea any more. Alliance = vaguely good, on track to becoming the next Eternal Empire, which is vaguely...bad? Empire = what Empire. Republic = there was a Republic? So I don't know anymore.

Quinn: Hm. This does present a problem. This impostor could be working toward any number of goals.

Theron: *hands Quinn a pipe and deerstalker cap*

Quinn: ...I'm not wearing that.

Theron: I'm not wearing it. It'll mess up my mohawk...thing. Now come on, say it.

Quinn: *muttering something about Knights of the Eternal Mohawk*

Theron: Wrong thing to say. *shoves hat on Quinn's head, despite vehement protests* Come on. Sayyy iiiit.

Quinn: ... the game's afoot. -_-

Quinn: ...what.

Theron: You? Liked Vette's jokes? You??

Quinn: I never wrote that.

Theron: Then who did?

Quinn: An impostor. An investigation must commence!

Theron: Right, I'll get the magnifying glasses, fingerprinting kits...

Quinn: We must find out who is impersonating me - badly, I might add - and stop this plot.

Theron: ...pipes, deerstalker caps...

Quinn: This could wind up spelling disaster for the whole of the Alliance--er, Empire--galaxy? ...Theron, whose side is everyone on this time? The plot's gotten so convoluted I can't untangle it.

Theron: ...catapults, woodchippers...

Quinn: Catapults?

Theron: Just seeing if you were listening. As for the plot and whose side who is on, I have no idea any more. Alliance = vaguely good, on track to becoming the next Eternal Empire, which is vaguely...bad? Empire = what Empire. Republic = there was a Republic? So I don't know anymore.

Quinn: Hm. This does present a problem. This impostor could be working toward any number of goals.

Theron: *hands Quinn a pipe and deerstalker cap*

Quinn: ...I'm not wearing that.

Theron: I'm not wearing it. It'll mess up my mohawk...thing. Now come on, say it.

Quinn: *muttering something about Knights of the Eternal Mohawk*

Theron: Wrong thing to say. *shoves hat on Quinn's head, despite vehement protests* Come on. Sayyy iiiit.

Quinn: ... the game's afoot. -_-

Why Major, I do believe that look works for you...what is it all the kids say these days? You rock that Sherlock bling, I think that's what they say. They'd also say it's sick AF! Strangely 'sick' has become a synonym of awesome some how. And 'sweet' is now 'great'. So...you rock that sweet sick Sherlock bling. :p I suppose this makes Theron, the Watson to your Sherlock. Interesting. So long as we don't have to wait 4 years between episodes, I think this could work out quite nicely. *Cheshire cat smile* Theron, say something...so that Quinn can say, Elementary, my dear Watson lol.

Edited by Lunafox

Quinn tried to wedgie me in the rec room earlier. I grow weary of his whimsical behaviour, I bet it's Vette's influence. I knew I should have saved Torian instead.

Darn that Vette. We'll need to reprimand her. Now where did we put that collar...

Why Major, I do believe that look works for you...what is it all the kids say these days? You rock that Sherlock bling, I think that's what they say. They'd also say it's sick AF! Strangely 'sick' has become a synonym of awesome some how. And 'sweet' is now 'great'. So...you rock that sweet sick Sherlock bling. :p I suppose this makes Theron, the Watson to your Sherlock. Interesting. So long as we don't have to wait 4 years between episodes, I think this could work out quite nicely. *Cheshire cat smile* Theron, say something...so that Quinn can say, Elementary, my dear Watson lol.

I now have the most hilarious image of Quinn in a deerstalker cap and long coat, stomping along with a grumpy look on his face... because Theron is walking alongside him, wearing a bowler hat, holding a fake bushy mustache to his (Theron's) face, and talking in a bad Imperial/British accent just to annoy Quinn.

...dang, they really do act like Theron's the irritating little brother. XD

Quinn: I understand the slang definition of "sick"...but "AF"?

Theron: *glances at everyone* I'm not telling him.

Quinn: "A" could presumably stand for "as," but the "F" is...is.......oh............. *twitch*

Theron: Oh, you figured it out on your own.

Quinn: *turning to him with a look of suppressed fury, having walked right into that trap* It was elementary, my dear Shan.

Theron: Really? I thought it was sheer luck, Sherlock.

Quinn: *unintelligible muttering - something about a boot, much pain, anvils, and that catapult Theron mentioned earlier*

Theron: So, any idea who might be impersonating you?

Quinn: Vette's a possibility, although that's a little too obvious. You're also a suspect.

Theron: ...why would I ever want to impersonate you?

Quinn: Hm. Good point. Your lonely brain cell couldn't handle it.

Theron: *now HE'S muttering - something about "lonely brain cell my fist to your face, you little..."*

Quinn: Pierce is also a possibility, but less obvious - he doesn't appear to have the brain power to pull that off. Let's see, who else...? ...I can't think of anyone.

Theron: Tora?

Quinn: *blank stare*

Theron: Loudmouth blue-haired smart-arse who's beloved by half the player base, despised by the other half?

Quinn: If not for the "hair" part, I'd think you were talking about Vette.

Theron: Ha ha. -_- So not Tora, then. Got it. Vette and Pierce...we should pay them a visit.

Quinn: Indeed. *begins to walk away*

Theron: You forgot to say it.

Quinn: I already said "the game is afoot."

Theron: Yeah, but now it's REALLY afoot.

Quinn: Are you going to badger me about this all day?

Theron: Oh yeah.

I now have the most hilarious image of Quinn in a deerstalker cap and long coat, stomping along with a grumpy look on his face... because Theron is walking alongside him, wearing a bowler hat, holding a fake bushy mustache to his (Theron's) face, and talking in a bad Imperial/British accent just to annoy Quinn.

...dang, they really do act like Theron's the irritating little brother. XD

Quinn: I understand the slang definition of "sick"...but "AF"?

Theron: *glances at everyone* I'm not telling him.

Quinn: "A" could presumably stand for "as," but the "F" is...is.......oh............. *twitch*

Theron: Oh, you figured it out on your own.

Quinn: *turning to him with a look of suppressed fury, having walked right into that trap* It was elementary, my dear Shan.

Theron: Really? I thought it was sheer luck, Sherlock.

Quinn: *unintelligible muttering - something about a boot, much pain, anvils, and that catapult Theron mentioned earlier*

Theron: So, any idea who might be impersonating you?

Quinn: Vette's a possibility, although that's a little too obvious. You're also a suspect.

Theron: ...why would I ever want to impersonate you?

Quinn: Hm. Good point. Your lonely brain cell couldn't handle it.

Theron: *now HE'S muttering - something about "lonely brain cell my fist to your face, you little..."*

Quinn: Pierce is also a possibility, but less obvious - he doesn't appear to have the brain power to pull that off. Let's see, who else...? ...I can't think of anyone.

Theron: Tora?

Quinn: *blank stare*

Theron: Loudmouth blue-haired smart-arse who's beloved by half the player base, despised by the other half?

Quinn: If not for the "hair" part, I'd think you were talking about Vette.

Theron: Ha ha. -_- So not Tora, then. Got it. Vette and Pierce...we should pay them a visit.

Quinn: Indeed. *begins to walk away*

Theron: You forgot to say it.

Quinn: I already said "the game is afoot."

Theron: Yeah, but now it's REALLY afoot.

Quinn: Are you going to badger me about this all day?

Theron: Oh yeah.

I loved the imagery you described for these two lol. I wonder if they'll gain as big a following as Johnlock lol :D You do realize now, Grand Admiral, that you're probably going to have to do colours for Vette and Pierce lol.

This is working out wonderfully, gentlemen. Very entertaining. And Theron, I believe you ought to be flattered, Quinn thinks more of you than he does Pierce. At least he believed you capable, even if you have little motive. Then again...it could be one of us Sith...Lords and Darths have been known to enjoy a laugh now and again.

But I wouldn't put it past the Grand Admiral either. Don't tell her I said that. :p

Edited by Lunafox

I loved the imagery you described for these two lol. I wonder if they'll gain as big a following as Johnlock lol :D You do realize now, Grand Admiral, that you're probably going to have to do colours for Vette and Pierce lol. [/color]

Oh sure, but not permanently. e_e Vette and Filbert Widmark Pierce would very quickly clutter up the thread. Quinn and Theron are ridiculous enough to deal with. XD

This is working out wonderfully, gentlemen. Very entertaining. And Theron, I believe you ought to be flattered, Quinn thinks more of you than he does Pierce. At least he believed you capable, even if you have little motive. Then again...it could be one of us Sith...Lords and Darths have been known to enjoy a laugh now and again.

But I wouldn't put it past the Grand Admiral either. Don't tell her I said that. :p

Theron: I'm listed above Pierce. Yay for small victories!

Quinn: Marginally. Despite the fact that, between the two of you, you and Pierce have only two lone brain cells.

Theron: *grumble*

Quinn: In any case, I had considered that, my lord Darth Lunafox. I mean no offense, of course, but do keep in mind that you are not off the list of subjects, nor is the Grand Adm--

I'm standing right here, guys...!

Quinn: --iral hello sir we were just discussing you...

*facepalm* Quinn, dear, I'm typing your dialogue, I know what you're discussing.

Quinn: ...

Theron: Now that, I'm going to have to get used to.

Quinn: Oh yes, the wonders of being a fictional character... *nervously looks toward the fourth wall, wondering if that'll implode at any second...again*

Don't worry, I reinforced it. It'll hold! *fourth wall creaks and groans ominously* Hopefully! *sweat drop*

Theron: Hey, there's Vette.

Vette: Hey, Shan! Nice to see you again. Oh, think you picked up a stray puppy somewhere - or you'd think so by the way Admiral Malcontent is trailing along there...

Theron: ...Admiral Malco--

Quinn: Never mind that. *clears throat angrily* Vette. It has come to my attention that a letter, sent to the Wrath in a certain situation, paints me in an entirely unflattering light.

Vette: Really? Who wrote that? Because I think I want to give them a hug.

Quinn: It says that I have always "loved" your jokes.

Vette: Oh, that letter. I--wait, WHAT *jaw hits floor*

Quinn: Did you write this defamatory statement??

Vette: ................AHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quinn: :confused:

Theron: I think we broke her. Uh, Vette?

Vette: *wipes tears from eyes* Haha...oh, wow...just...ha! Okay, I'm okay now. *snicker* Really, Major Mishap? You do know that letter is written and only written after I'm dead?

Theron: ...th...how are you in this thread...

Vette: Same way Quinn is: fangirl armor. Speaking of which, do you still think I--hey, where'd Quinn go?

Theron: He was right here. *looks around* Oh. He's rapidly marching off into the distance, beet red, and...I think he's yelling something about a world of pain and your lekku...and....*cough* Uhh, we're going to go check on Pierce now. See if he wrote that letter.

Vette: Wouldn't put it past him, seeing as it's a stupid thing to do. *giggle* Really, who'd ever believe Quinn likes my jokes?

Theron: I wonder if it really is Pierce...or *dramatic lighting* someone else.

*ominous thunder and lightning* DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN