SWTOR - The Dieing MMO

Rzfk

I would like to ask why nothing has been done to improve the quality of the game since Shadow of Revan?

It has now been 2 1/2 years since there was any releases of 8 or 16 man PVE end-game Content. ontop of that Group Finder ques are not popping anywhere near enough as much as they should be.

The Server Populations have been declining so baddly.

A Sollution to these Problems is (1) Make everything on Groupfinder and PVP Que Cross Server and (2) release new 8 or 16 man end-game PVE content more frequently (not 1 or 2 Operations every 2 or 3 years) i mean 1 or 2 new Ops every 6 months.

The excuse of limiting Credit Farmers and Gold Spammers by not giving us Cross server activities in not acceptable anymore.

There will always be Credit farmers and Gold Spammers on every server not just limited to 1 or 2 servers.

If neither of these critical changes come into effect this game will effectively have no option but to shut down by the end of the year.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to ask why nothing has been done to improve the quality of the game since Shadow of Revan?

It has now been 2 1/2 years since there was any releases of 8 or 16 man PVE end-game Content. ontop of that Group Finder ques are not popping anywhere near enough as much as they should be.

The Server Populations have been declining so baddly.

A Sollution to these Problems is (1) Make everything on Groupfinder and PVP Que Cross Server and (2) release new 8 or 16 man end-game PVE content more frequently (not 1 or 2 Operations every 2 or 3 years) i mean 1 or 2 new Ops every 6 months.

The excuse of limiting Credit Farmers and Gold Spammers by not giving us Cross server activities in not acceptable anymore.

There will always be Credit farmers and Gold Spammers on every server not just limited to 1 or 2 servers.

If neither of these critical changes come into effect this game will effectively have no option but to shut down by the end of the year.

OMG that part made me lol. Let me go grab my popcorn before the games commence.

:rak_03:

Edited by Talon_strikes

Oh SWTOR is dying again? Lemme check this is the... 14578547th time someone has stated that without providing substantial proof of the claim. Also, supposedly the game has been dying since several years now but all I see is a game alive and kicking.

Hence why I will assume it's a again the loud voice of a minority claiming/thinking SWTOR is dying.

Oh SWTOR is dying again? Lemme check this is the... 14578547th time someone has stated that without providing substantial proof of the claim. Also, supposedly the game has been dying since several years now but all I see is a game alive and kicking.

Hence why I will assume it's a again the loud voice of a minority claiming/thinking SWTOR is dying.

Proof??? Proof is all around you, I have taken part in so many of such threads that im tired of copy pasting myself. The game is dying, and was dying before, however, the Devs always manage to revert this and they have to do so now too!!

However, the situation has never been so grim as it is now and it all depends on next weeks stream.

Proof??? Proof is all around you, I have taken part in so many of such threads that im tired of copy pasting myself. The game is dying, and was dying before, however, the Devs always manage to revert this and they have to do so now too!!

However, the situation has never been so grim as it is now and it all depends on next weeks stream.

You're Deluded.

First off, everything is in a state of decay. That is the nature of existence. Of course the game is dying, everything is dying. Secondly, as long as Disney is pumping out Star Wars movies every year, this game isn't going anywhere.

Actually the game as it was originally designed and marketed as a MMO is dead. They were given one of the biggest fan bases for a game and basically failed to execute and maintain a profitable MMO, thats why they reverted back to the only thing Bioware is good at, a single player story format. They haven't made any effort to rekindle and bring back endgame players which are the ones who stay subscribed to grind operations. They drove more ppl away with grinding for gear with bad RNG, and prolly more will leave next week when they announce (or don't announce) any new actual endgame content. And you cannot blame ppl for leaving when they set up this bad grind for endgame gear with no new endgame content. Why pay for a sub that isn't getting you anything? For all the time and resources they put into these cheap flashpoints (uprisings), they could have made a operation and made consumers happy and potentially brought players and more subs back.

We need new stuff to do. Fun stuff. Stuff we would like to continue doing. Not the same old stuff. How many H2s can I do before I get sick of those? Home many Flashpoints? How many Warzones? I reached my limit on those 2 years ago. GSF? Three for me apparently. Point is this is all the intended repeatable content we had years ago and it hasn't changed in years. It's all gone stale. People are repeating class stories bcs it's the best content they made, but how many alts can you have before you get tired of them too? And can you really stomach running your 20th alt through the KotFe snoozefest? Shuffling old content under a new umbrella doesn't magically make the content new and exciting again.

Cross server queues really hurt the WoW community -- I'd hate to see that happen here as well.

Currently on my server (EH) it's common for people to say hi and goodbye, as well as chat a bit, during flashpoints. In WoW you're lucky if someone bothers to speak up and insult your DPS.

That's because WoW players come from different servers and know they'll never see each other again. In SWTOR there's a chance of making friends with your team mates...and the danger of making enemies with someone on your server helps encourage people to behave.

Yes, it would be nice to have a larger pool of players to queue with, as this would speed up queue times. But to me at least that's not worth the cost of toxic stranger-to-stranger animosity.

A guy posted a few days ago about how he purchased 250 cartel packs.....

The game's metrics are not that of a traditional MMO. You think how many people you see in fleet or data from torstatus gives you a clue to the health of the game, and by health I mean financial health, since a game not making money would shut down.

No, the game is doing quite well financially because it has switched to cartel market focus, and GXP also helps in that regard. Lots of people who are playing now also purchase things from the cartel market with real $$$. The game is not dying, but thriving, under the new business model.

We need new stuff to do. Fun stuff. Stuff we would like to continue doing. Not the same old stuff. How many H2s can I do before I get sick of those? Home many Flashpoints? How many Warzones? I reached my limit on those 2 years ago. GSF? Three for me apparently. Point is this is all the intended repeatable content we had years ago and it hasn't changed in years. It's all gone stale. People are repeating class stories bcs it's the best content they made, but how many alts can you have before you get tired of them too? And can you really stomach running your 20th alt through the KotFe snoozefest? Shuffling old content under a new umbrella doesn't magically make the content new and exciting again.

Very well said kodrac.

I do believe SWTOR is dying. It's dying from mismanagement, stagnation and neglect. I don't know when it will finally close, but it is most certainly dying.

this game isn't going anywhere.

Yeah this game ISNT GOING ANYWHERE...it has no direction

look this game espically with the changes in 5.0 is driving people away, their was a reason that bioware sent out that survey about what can be improved with the game and what not, everything with the lack of content, the lack of direction and the forced replaying of old content....

People are unsubbing, and most new players these days who do subs only do it for a month just to get the expasnions, that what i did becuase its not worth it, its not worth it to throw out $15 for a game with a lack of new endgame content, a horrible gearing system and developers who wont listen or even q&a test their god dam patches

Ah yes... yet another "since their's been no new OPs, the game is dying" thread.

Reality: Game is doing fine overall ... populations are up modestly since November, and have not yet started their usual decline until next expac. Not the huge surge that 4.0 saw, but that's fine too. The MMO you play and enjoy does not need to be the biggest and badist in the industry. Which is not to say that the game is perfect by any means.

Reality: Game is not doing fine if all you want to do is raid and want new raids frequently so you do not get bored doing the same raid over and over again. The game is not good for guilds that put heavy emphasis on OPs as part of the social identity and purpose.

These two realities are incongruent with each other, yet both are true. This is precisely why almost every discussion turns into a circular whirlpool in this forum..... people do not share other peoples points of view, and the unhappy players in particular like to treat every disagreement as somehow an attack (for simply disagreeing) or resort to name calling (such as the ever popular "white knight"), because they see that as the path to discrediting someone elses viewpoint.

Players playing in the first reality are generally happy with the game, even if there are parts they think are not done well at all (like GC currently). {Oh my!! How dare these happy players disagree with those in the second reality}

Players in the second reality want/need everyone to join them in their wailing an gnashing as they hope more voices will force the studios hand. Said players should indeed play the MMO that gives them what they want. If it's not this one, that's OK.... find the one that suits you... though in reality people who only want to raid probably should have at least three MMOs in rotation because none of them can keep up with consumption.

Players in the first reality can and will continue to sub to the game they enjoy playing, for as long as they enjoy it.

Players in the second reality will drop their subs, and try to do as much image damage to the game and the studio as they can before they are shown the door on the forum. Some players will continue to sub to a game they do not enjoy, I guess so they can troll the forum with their negative views.

Edited by Andryah

Ah yes... yet another "since their's been no new OPs, the game is dying" thread.

Reality: Game is doing fine overall ... populations are up modestly since November, and have not yet started their usual decline until next expac. Not the huge surge that 4.0 saw, but that's fine too. The MMO you play and enjoy does not need to be the biggest and badist in the industry. Which is not to say that the game is perfect by any means.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Whenever you search for lists like "Best MMO's of 2016" you will find SWTOR in every single one of them. If people need prove I will happily provide some links now:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/best-free-mmorpgs/5/

http://igcritic.com/most-played-mmorpg-games-of-2016/3/

http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/21/massively-ops-best-of-2016-awards-best-mmorpg-pvp-2016/

These are a few examples of showing that SWTOR is not doing that bad at all. It may not be the top of the MMO world, but that is fine for me, I enjoy the game thoroughly. As to the population dropping... people keep throwing that up as an argument but I don't see it? Warzones keeps popping one right after the other for me, queue's are short for Uprisings and Flashpoints, Heroic areas are crowded with players... I don't see the signs of SWTOR dying anywhere.

the game is not dying. very far from that. only the operations aspect is, but why would they bother with it?

prolly a very niche of players do this so, why to invest? - operations subject is dead - they wont release new ops - u can move to another game if u are looking for pve content

:)

SWTOR fate was decided more than 2 years ago.

It was posted and predicted over 2 years ago very accurately most stuff.

Reason for this no new content and pushing huge grind with scaling ALL content in the end.

Game will run as is for as long it can maintain profit then will shut down. Disney has new plans long ago whe nthey got SW IP into their hands.

Dont except this game to get any new major updates because this decision was made long ago when most old devs and also game senior lead left from original team.

I'm sorry i have to write here but if any current Bioware devs read this, you know this very well already :)

Dying MMO

This one is a tough one to call, yes there are certainly some shady business practices being taken by the EA/BW lot when it comes to SWTOR. The game they announced before launch is a lot different to how it currently sits.

The empty or low server caps seem to be isolated to a few servers, with major hubs like The Red Eclipse still booming with life in the major player gathering area (Fleet, Dromund Kaas etc) but when out in the vastness of open world you can go hours without bumping into other players. Infact the only interaction you see with other players is when your doing the heroics.

But back in the day the planets (except Makeb) would have similar go hours before bumping into each other, I found back in the launch days it was more populated on the Republic side than it was Imperial.

Define Dying

* The lack of content released at a pace that would satisfy the player base

* The lack of rewarding things to do after reaching level cap

* A Gear system that no one wanted and was forced upon us and ruined end game.

BW and EA need to look back into history to see why the community feels the need to make post after post about the "this game is dying" you are not the first OP since this as been said since the launch time when BW had to make the game F2P to save player numbers.

Alienating the player base by constantly going against the flow of the tide as left lots of player disenfranchised by SWTOR and have left for WOW, FF XIV and other MMOs there are hundreds of games that cater for other player niche needs.

SWG suffered similar fate after releasing what should have been the best expansion "Trials of Obi-Wan" and instead a day later they announced the **** stormt that would come two weeks later which crippled the player base to the point it wasn't worth it anymore.

With that said SWG managed to last 8 years in total even after the momunmental clusterf'k so there is chance that BWEA could turn the situation around by activly listening to their customer base and not try to force feed us the game that Ben wants us to play.

So if after the 26th Livestream they do not announce any meaningful 8-16man Operations content and 4 man actual Flashpoints then yes you can say this game is being given its wind down order as they will release the most cost effective dribble until the plug is pulled or the subscriber levels crash to the point were EA have to explain to Lucas why their IP is less favourable on the market.

Saving Factors

SWTOR as a very strong niche hold on the market as it is, with an excallent 1-50 story campaign which is free to play it will always drag players into the game simply because playing all 8 characters makes you KOTOR 3 in effect.

Visually the game is nice, the classes (away from pvp) are fine, they hold up well against mobs you come across, like any MMO class balance in PVP is screwy, but dont be fooled if you want a true PVP experience go play a First Person Shoot made before the stupid "perks" of Call of Duty, I am talking back in the days of Delta Force because that is the only time you will ever see a true balance in a PVP arena.

The brand name itself is enough of a pulling power, no matter what EA/BW do now until the day they actually close the game, it is a Star Wars title, and the buzz around the film franchise alone will have people curious to see what this game is about.

Introducing end game content and rewarding players for doing such instead of this RNG crap that is really damaging the game atm.

BW/EA actually looking at the suggestions dropped in their forum, some of you posters out here on this site have come up with some amazing ideas what could be implimented to make the game feel truely epic from full scale Guild vs Guild flagship wars to simple things like Legacy Bank storing credits that can be used from all characters.

Conclusion

Do I believe this game will make it to 8 years? No in all seriousness I believe somewhere deep down the winding up order as been given, the content of late seems rushed and instead of embracing community play it is only just closing the door further, every character now is a clone of each other wereas before each class had a unique feel about it, the different paths taken made the story better.

We can only enjoy the time we have left with the game, because like all things, it will come to an end, but it wont be this year.

To those that want to continue posting about how the game is dying because your server is quiet, then there are options open to you.

1. Research using the Server forums or make 2 character on each server, log in for about 7pm when the height of activity usually takes place and see how poplulated the server is, dont just stand on fleet visit the planets.

2. Once you found a server that meet your "activity" needs use your free CC for owning a security key and pay the 90cc to transfer over.

If you are feeling like Galactic Command as ruined the game then I can't really offer much for you in terms of advice I have tried to remain positive myself but even I can't, I am logged in now and opened my Lv80 command crate on my main and I got nothing but pure ***** .....

I can only hope that when the 5.1 patch comes out they do something to drastically change the system because I don't know how much more of this I can stand to take.

I have been levelling an Agent so I have something to do other than farm Black Talon and go into the [:(] Warzones.

There are plenty of suggestion how they could make the system great but alas they wont listen.

Take care all, and lets hope BW/EA sort it soon for everyone that still loves this game

While the OP did say OPs, I'd wager its more of a "no new anything, the game is dying". thread. Whether it actually is dying is debatable, but it's not just about Ops anymore.

Edited by kodrac