Season 7 Top 3 Titles ?

Azheon

No, banned. He just keeps making new accounts, which is exactly why we're not getting rid of him.

Hmm....I was under the impression that bans were given to an IP address, as well as the account. This way, the banned person cannot continue to make new accounts and keep up their antics.

If this is not the case, it should be.

Can get the ip from motherboard and ban the PC, need to play on other, wow did that.

That's new to me, that IP adresses are stored on the motherboards ... But on the other hand I'm not up-to-date since 2-3 years now ... It would be possible for IP6, though.

The only thing I could realistically imagine, thoigh, was banning the entire MAC adress.

You are spot on! We discovered that a few of the folks who are in the top 96 were win-trading or even hacking. Because of that we are taking the time to thoroughly vet the entire top 96 and we will be removing anyone from that group who has been found to be cheating (along with ToS action). We intend to have the titles granted and the leaderboard updated by 5.1, but we are hopeful to have them completed much sooner.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

You should name and shame every one that has been wintrading and hacking, make a big list of the disqualified. I know that bioware does not do this generally, but, if the penalty was adequate then it wouldn't be happening over and over. I feel I have been the victim of wintrading after seeing suspicious activity during a few ranked matches, I have since stopped playing ranked permanently.

You are spot on! We discovered that a few of the folks who are in the top 96 were win-trading or even hacking. Because of that we are taking the time to thoroughly vet the entire top 96 and we will be removing anyone from that group who has been found to be cheating (along with ToS action). We intend to have the titles granted and the leaderboard updated by 5.1, but we are hopeful to have them completed much sooner.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

As always, too little too late. This has been going on since beta. You can't even keep the bots and credit sellers controlled. What makes you think you could control PvP let alone ranked? It's laughable to think any game developer could control these actions when it's a 9-5 job.

You need to hire a crew specifically for each server just to watch for these and take action on the spot. A mass purge does nothing every other year. :rolleyes: but we all know that won't happen. EA is too cheap to actually pay someone to watch for ToS violations inside a game. BW would just screw it up anyways.

Ultimately, to all who disapprove of the time (or whatever) keep in mind, if we lived in a culture where cheating wasn't so common, this wouldn't be such a problem. It isn't Bioware's fault that people cheat, win trade, etc. It's the players. It's just so common anymore to lie on a resume or cheat on a game. No care for the harm to another, so long as someone gets what they want. It makes every aspect of life less enjoyable and unfair. One who will cheat in the least little thing, will cheat in the most, not caring whom they hurt. And before you flame me, if all who live in glass houses should probably think twice before casting stones.

Yes I'm old. But this whole cheating thing is not Bioware's fault. And prob 50% or more cheat somewhere. It's only when you're on the raw end of the deal do you realize how much it really sucks.

Le t the rest of us just refuse to allow it in our lives. Good guys don't always win in the end, but then, do we really know what the end is? Light will eventually shine into the darkness.

• 2 weeks later...
Since the devs should be returning soonish, I wanted to ping this thread and ask if there is any plan to counter the rampant hacking that happened over the holidays? From what it sounds like, between that and PvE CXP farming, you may just want to reboot Season 8.

Since the devs should be returning soonish, I wanted to ping this thread and ask if there is any plan to counter the rampant hacking that happened over the holidays? From what it sounds like, between that and PvE CXP farming, you may just want to reboot Season 8.

Sounds good to me. This season has been a mess. I have never been so effected by hackers in this game.

Edited by xShenanigansx

Ultimately, to all who disapprove of the time (or whatever) keep in mind, if we lived in a culture where cheating wasn't so common, this wouldn't be such a problem. It isn't Bioware's fault that people cheat, win trade, etc. It's the players. It's just so common anymore to lie on a resume or cheat on a game. No care for the harm to another, so long as someone gets what they want. It makes every aspect of life less enjoyable and unfair. One who will cheat in the least little thing, will cheat in the most, not caring whom they hurt. And before you flame me, if all who live in glass houses should probably think twice before casting stones.

Yes I'm old. But this whole cheating thing is not Bioware's fault. And prob 50% or more cheat somewhere. It's only when you're on the raw end of the deal do you realize how much it really sucks.

Le t the rest of us just refuse to allow it in our lives. Good guys don't always win in the end, but then, do we really know what the end is? Light will eventually shine into the darkness.

... You realize that 99.9% of players don't cheat. It is just that the .1% that do ruin it for the other 99.9%.

Yes, even though I am top 5 on my Jug I wouldn't mind rating resets or putting it into preseason until classses are fixed.

Yes, even though I am top 5 on my Jug I wouldn't mind rating resets or putting it into preseason until classses are fixed.

Not saying I am for season reset but...

Besides the hacking, bugs and abysmal class balance, what really bothers me is that without early access to the expansion I could not queue in the first few nights of the season. It seems really unfair to only allow the players that had been subbed x days earlier queue, especially with the way elo tends to snowball. At least the hacking was somewhat fair because most players were affected by it.

/endrant

That's new to me, that IP adresses are stored on the motherboards ... But on the other hand I'm not up-to-date since 2-3 years now ... It would be possible for IP6, though.

The only thing I could realistically imagine, thoigh, was banning the entire MAC adress.

I think you mean IP addresses "aren't" stored on motherboard

... You realize that 99.9% of players don't cheat. It is just that the .1% that do ruin it for the other 99.9%.

There are more than you think that fly under the radar because they aren't using them as blatantly as those 0.01% you mention.

The more those 0.01% guys cheat and get away with it, the more people try it out and realise they can do the same thing on a minimal setting. They get an small advantage over other people and don't draw attention to it.

Thats the real cancer these blatant cheaters infect the game with, not their LoL trolling. All they are doing is promoting the hacks and then showing how Bio either do nothing or give them a slap on the wrist.

There is no real deterrent in this game. There should be no warnings, no suspensions, if you get caught hacking you should be perma banned and given ZERO chances.

Bio should then occasionally have a pop up on the login screen warning about TOS violation and the penalty. It could be like the one they have to say they will be restarting the server. Bioware actually did this "once" many years ago and there was a drop in cheating for about a month until people realised all that happened was a slap on the wrist.

Bioware need to be proactive with a real deterrent and public statements about cheating. It's good that Eric has acknowledged it in this thread, but there is so much more than can do.

The number of hackers is less than 0.01%. That would be the percentage of tech literate people, at best. And of them, a much, much, much smaller group hack. Essentially it has always been a certain few people (like JZ, and his "predecessors" ) & like a dozen of their fanboys.

A widespread thing that could be considered "hacking" (but isn't) are the various types of botting that used to occur in the past (the pve spaceship quests, chests, slot machines, etc)