For those who "unsubscribed" are you subbing again?

Eshvara

I like the changes they are doing with the January patch. However with no new end game content on the horizon think I am done for awhile. Sadly swtor is kind of at the end of its life cycle. Nothing left to do and I don't believe they have the resources to add more end game content even if they wanted too.

I have killed everything in this game and in every mode multiple times over. Uprisings are a nice little breath of fresh air but not enough. Time to move on.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given all the doom talk in the forums lately about how SO MANY players will unsub over 5.0 and move on, I really do not see a corresponding share of posts in this thread to reflect the doom.

Chalk it up to projection I guess.

It's been 3 weeks, maybe their remaining sub time ran out already and they don't want to resub just to be able to post that they won't resub...

If I could unsub this moment and get my money back for the remaining time, I would do so.

To give you a short answer: no I won't.

Why? Because I'm not interested in paying to be able to play the same old ops I did a billion times already while still being in one way or the other forced to grind GC. Despite the upcoming improvements, GC sucks and I won't grind 300 ranks for it.

So i'll either sub again when they release new ops or another xpac (which would hopefully also include some ops). I can still run dailies if I start mixing my toons too much. For now I'll be having fun in ffxiv eagerly awaiting the new 24m raid coming out next year.

I primarily solo or duo. I do not want the only alternative to 300+ hours of grind to be gated behind Ops or PvP. They have not provided a solution other than Ops or PvP for gearing other classes or specs that doesn't result in an additional 300+ hours EACH.

I cancelled my 6 month sub but still have a lot of time left. At this point nothing has changed that has made me want to consider resubbing.

It's been 3 weeks, maybe their remaining sub time ran out already and they don't want to resub just to be able to post that they won't resub...

I doubt it.. a lot of these players who said they unsubed, have time left through some part of January, and many have multiple months left (per their own statements).

As they announced the changes to the GC system quite a few people were happy, including me!

But will this make you keep playing until the patch hits or will you subscribe when the actual patch comes out? In case your sub ends soon.

I won't resub myself as I feel like taking a break when my sub ends on the 31st, but might resub when 5.1 hits. I mainly enjoy the story and don't need to stay subbed while I do that and PvP kind of burned me out.

Overall, the changes are a step in the right direction!

Thoughts?

To be honest all this whole fiasco has done is made me realize how truly this game isn't really worth paying money for with the distinct lack of fresh end game content we have so besides actually adding more fresh content I don't think I would re-sub.

In saying that if it's something like only 3 tokens per piece I would at least consider it - it's the grind that's been the part I don't agree with for GC and if the token volume is set high then that doesn't get any better at all for me.

Given all the doom talk in the forums lately about how SO MANY players will unsub over 5.0 and move on, I really do not see a corresponding share of posts in this thread to reflect the doom.

Chalk it up to projection I guess.

uh. people did post here. the thing is... a lot of the people who did unsub - do not post on the forums. will they resub with the changes? only time will tell. me... I'm actualy preferred right now, just forums haven't reset I guess, so I can still post :p but... this new system doesn't sound like much of an improvement to me. its a slight step in a direction of improvement at best.

Edited by Jeweledleah

The responses in this post can be answered in one, simple statement:

They don't care about gameplay, they just care about money.

Why is that bad? Because they are trying to get you to stick around and "impulse" buy things from the Cartel Market.

Every minute you spend in the game, gives them an opportunity to "sell" you.

If market research showed that people loved having Star Wars Pokemon, then they would put THAT into the game.

Seriously guys, look - money for business is important. Over-indulgence is not. Who knows if they are hurting, we don't care - we just want a good Star Wars game since EA has the monopoly on the IP right now.

You want people to stay, you want to make serious money - then MAKE A PHENOMENAL GAME.

Blizzard stays on top because they are always adapting to players, and always thinking ahead, creating new things. Copying Blizzard's business model isn't going to make you money - copying their CREATIVE APPROACH to making a FUN GAME will.

You guys should know this by now - this game (like Galaxy of Heroes) has one purpose: $$$ - that takes precedence over EVERYTHING else - including your fun. They aren't Rockstar Games, they are EA. Understand the intent, then make your choice to stay or go based on that.

RNG or not, theyve shown through other ways (as the first response stated, with the passes) that they dont care. They removed things that were not negatively harming the game, and added things that negativeyl impacted it. Thats a fact, not an opinion. When my sub runs out, im not resubbing.

I doubt it.. a lot of these players who said they unsubed, have time left through some part of January, and many have multiple months left (per their own statements).

Maybe I am not understanding you correctly, but I don't think you understand how 180 day subscriptions work. Unsubbing means you delete the recurring CC payment, but you are still a "subscriber" until it runs out. Premium? might be better term

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I guess some people like this frankly I cannot get any of my characters to work and I cannot stand it. The rules of the game seem to only apply to NPC's and your companions and not you. As for an example "First Son" final mission cannot complete it.. died like 8 times already seems no way to win as you are one hit, both you and your companion.

Have you been interrupting his cast? you have to or he kills you.

I just decided not to sub again for the foreseeable future.

I've been on the fence since before 5.0, but wanted to give it a chance. I did so, but I haven't been satisfied.

The story was mediocre - much better than KotFE for sure, but still felt like the wrong story to be told in an MMORPG and especially not SWTOR.

Galactic Command, while a promising idea, seems to be half-baked at best, and causes me more stress than enjoyment.

I can't see a reason for me to keep paying for this game. I'm going back to WoW for a while. If I like it I'll even splurge on Legion... if/when I get bored with that I'll probably check back on how SWTOR is doing.

6 days until my sub runs out.

Yes, but they cleared nim, so hm should be quite possible for the average raider

A lot of the better raiders have left this game. In 4.0 they dumbed down Story Mode by taking out a lot of the boss mechanics.

I think you overestimate the current player base.

The responses in this post can be answered in one, simple statement:

They don't care about gameplay, they just care about money.

Why is that bad? Because they are trying to get you to stick around and "impulse" buy things from the Cartel Market.

Every minute you spend in the game, gives them an opportunity to "sell" you.

If market research showed that people loved having Star Wars Pokemon, then they would put THAT into the game.

Seriously guys, look - money for business is important. Over-indulgence is not. Who knows if they are hurting, we don't care - we just want a good Star Wars game since EA has the monopoly on the IP right now.

You want people to stay, you want to make serious money - then MAKE A PHENOMENAL GAME.

Blizzard stays on top because they are always adapting to players, and always thinking ahead, creating new things. Copying Blizzard's business model isn't going to make you money - copying their CREATIVE APPROACH to making a FUN GAME will.

You guys should know this by now - this game (like Galaxy of Heroes) has one purpose: $$$ - that takes precedence over EVERYTHING else - including your fun. They aren't Rockstar Games, they are EA. Understand the intent, then make your choice to stay or go based on that.

Oh the humanity! A massive American multinational that only cares about the money. Who would have thought that....

So an overwhelmingly large number of posters in this thread say they are planning to or already have cancelled their subs. Well what a shock...

What did anyone expect with a bait thread title like this one? All it's done is to invite anyone who has the slightest peeve about anything to come in here and vent. I'll bet anything you like that a good number of people threatening to quit actually don't. And I'll also bet most of those that do cancel will come back, especially if the group content to be released later next year looks good.

Other than making whiners feel good about themselves and their decision, this thread is pointless.

You're right about one thing. I unsubbed and was preferred for a few hours but even with all the unlocks it was awful and I caved and resubbed for a month just to finish off some character stories and maybe make some headway into the GC grind so I'm not completely left behind if they change things but I feel sh-tty about it so when I've really had enough, I won't go preferred, I will just stop playing altogether.

I've more that paid for the single player part of this game 10 times over just in cartel coins. I didn't expect something for nothing and purchased unlocks with real money and still the game makes me feel like the lowliest scrub for not subbing so when I'm done with all my characters it will probably be back to single player RPGs for me because this MMO game is a racket.

So an overwhelmingly large number of posters in this thread say they are planning to or already have cancelled their subs. Well what a shock...

What did anyone expect with a bait thread title like this one? All it's done is to invite anyone who has the slightest peeve about anything to come in here and vent. I'll bet anything you like that a good number of people threatening to quit actually don't. And I'll also bet most of those that do cancel will come back, especially if the group content to be released later next year looks good.

Other than making whiners feel good about themselves and their decision, this thread is pointless.

I didn't make this thread to bait anyone. I created it after the changes they had made to see if people were happy enough to stay. I had nothing really negative to say about it and I'm quite happy with the changes so far. I however won't sub at this time because I have other things that need more focusing on. I am.looking forward to the next live stream and see what else they have planned.

Stop trying to make things seem negative when they are not. The point of this thread was to see how people feel, not to endlessly rant about everything negative.

My sub won't run out till December 31st so until then I'm playing and posting.

Go sip your bitter lemon tea elsewhere.